Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
mcm
Yesterday I read this post and ordered the game. Expecting it this weekend. >__<;

On topic, there's Smallword. You control races of fantasy creatures and fight other players for space on a map. Pretty fun.
Betrayal at house on the hill is super fun, we got that one recently. The house gets built from tiles as you go, so no two games have the same layout, plus there are fifty or so different scenarios, so you can play many different endings. Lots of replayability.
Elder Sign is sort of a descendant of Arkham Horror, same mythos, different gameplay. Still banishing monsters and trying to avoid insanity. Flavorful.
Forbidden Desert is kinda cool, another recent purchase for us. You play as explorers in a desert during a sandstorm, and you have to collect the pieces to fix an airship to escape the storm. Pretty fun and occasionally hectic.
If you like Arkham (Or hard/difficult games), there's Ghost Stories. You play as Chinese warriors trying to fight off ghosts, pretty fun. Strategic. Hard as balls. Played several games, only won one so far. If you like games that don't like you, this is a good one for that.

Ghost stories is an amazing game, with or without the expansions. I can't believe I forgot about that one! It's one of the few coop games that have always been a challenge, no matter how many times I played it. At some point, you think, "Yeah, we can manage that. It's easy." Then it all just tumbles out of control XD

Demonic Enchantress

27,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Sodapop Miniatures is doing a Kickstarter for the second expansion of Super Dungeon Explore board game. In SDE, players take the roles of heroes and the evil consul, battling monsters for treasure and glory in dungeons.

Forgotten King, the expansion is a stand-alone piece that can be played without the first edition box, if you don't want the first set, but its better with it.

The Minitures for the game are adorably sculpted in chibi style, and the gameplay is very like ye olde video games of old. It takes a while to set up and to get through a session, but it's oh so much fun.
Salaura
Sodapop Miniatures is doing a Kickstarter for the second expansion of Super Dungeon Explore board game. In SDE, players take the roles of heroes and the evil consul, battling monsters for treasure and glory in dungeons.

Forgotten King, the expansion is a stand-alone piece that can be played without the first edition box, if you don't want the first set, but its better with it.

The Minitures for the game are adorably sculpted in chibi style, and the gameplay is very like ye olde video games of old. It takes a while to set up and to get through a session, but it's oh so much fun.

nice, thank you for your input, I will look into these games.
If you like Euro-style games, you can't go wrong with classics like Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, or Ticket to Ride.

Fore more Ameri-trash games that are great, I'd look into Zombicide, Zombies!!!, City of Remnants, the D&D Board Games, or Betrayal at the House on the Hill.

If strategy card games are your bag, it'd probably be a good idea to check out Smash Up!, Android Netrunner, or Dominion.

If you're looking for party-type games, maybe check out Ladies & Gentlemen, The Resistence, Shadows Over Camelot, or any of the versions of Werewolf there are to be found.

If you like dexterity games (you know, like Jenga), you might wanna look into Rampage, Space Cadets, or Jungle Speed.

There's also like... Fury of Dracula, Letters of Whitechapel, King of Tokyo, Space Cadets: Dice Duel, Epic Spell Wars, Food Fight, Red November, tons and tons more.

It all really depends on what you know you already like, and the themes you think you'd like! Check out the Hotness on Board Game Geek to see what people are currently into in the larger board game community.
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
It's a deck building game, really easy to learn, and really fun to play. It can be played from 1-4 players.

Dude I seriously cannot tell you how much time I have spent playing this game. It's so much fun!
Hex Hex is a fun one too, its another card game, but far more stab your friend in the back, and ruin their day. Its awesome!

Demonic Neko

11,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Last night on earth is great fun. It's a zombie survival game.

Shy Gekko

6,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Non collectible card games like flux, flux zombies, munchkins, & dominion are non competitive games that require almost no prior knowledge but also don't depend on luck.
Tales of the Arabian Nights is a good game. It's a storytelling board game for 2-6 players, and while it's not cooperative its not exactly competitive either. And it's more about the journey to the end of the game than the end of the game itself.
thanks for all of the awesome board games guys, i appreciate all of the responses.

Tipsy Bookworm

My suggestions would be Small World, Carcassonne...
Boss Monster!!! You build your own retro style dungeon and try to ensure the death of every hero that comes your way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff