Welcome to Gaia! ::

anything from family to funny type of board games, just something that can be played with a loved one no matter how goofy it is.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Why would I want a friend who can't be bothered to read the guidelines of the forum? Even more, I don't know you.
Sorry I do not cater to your liking, you do not have to know me or add me, I just want allies to play games with, sorry if this is the wrong post, I will change the topic to suit its position.

Timid Loiterer

Arkham Horror, assuming I spelt it correctly. It does take a couple horrors to play and a little bit of set up time. It's also a little expensive but is a fun game to play. It's a lot more than rolling dice and getting to the finish line.

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
It really depends what kind of games you like best. For a quirky game for 2 to 4 players, I'd recommend Dungeon Lords. It gives some nice complexity but is very easy to understand and the board is beautiful. It's all about building your dungeon and making it ready for when annoying adventurers will come busting in trying to steal your treasure.

Yggdrasil is another beautiful board game for 2 to 6 people (best suited for 2 or 3). It's a cooperative game where you play Norse gods and try to keep the giants and evil gods at bay through good management of your resources.

Those are just a couple ideas. If you want more, tell me and give me some more details about what you like (level of difficulty, type of game, universe...). smile
Servant of Insanity
Arkham Horror, assuming I spelt it correctly. It does take a couple horrors to play and a little bit of set up time. It's also a little expensive but is a fun game to play. It's a lot more than rolling dice and getting to the finish line.

I am all for coop type of game whether its video games or even just normal games, and this board game sounds and looks awesome I would not mind trying it out, thanks buddy.
FindingJackie
It really depends what kind of games you like best. For a quirky game for 2 to 4 players, I'd recommend Dungeon Lords. It gives some nice complexity but is very easy to understand and the board is beautiful. It's all about building your dungeon and making it ready for when annoying adventurers will come busting in trying to steal your treasure.

Yggdrasil is another beautiful board game for 2 to 6 people (best suited for 2 or 3). It's a cooperative game where you play Norse gods and try to keep the giants and evil gods at bay through good management of your resources.

Those are just a couple ideas. If you want more, tell me and give me some more details about what you like (level of difficulty, type of game, universe...). smile

Thanks, both of the games sound interesting, I will have to see them in action, but I would no mind trying them out myself, I have some friends in real life back home I can play with to make it quite interesting.
try munchkin it's more fun the more player's as well as Cards Against Humanity if you have some crude humor friends
Skeltoneith
try munchkin it's more fun the more player's as well as Cards Against Humanity if you have some crude humor friends

game looks awesome, I will look more into this cool game.
MikeHayate
Skeltoneith

with munchkin there are plushies and other things that make the game that much more interesting. if you look around at local game stores ask if they have a Steve Jackson mib they can help you learn and may even give out special promo's you cant normally get.

Commander in Chief

Skeltoneith
MikeHayate
Skeltoneith

with munchkin there are plushies and other things that make the game that much more interesting. if you look around at local game stores ask if they have a Steve Jackson mib they can help you learn and may even give out special promo's you cant normally get.
Did you know that when it rains and I am outside I get wet? IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE BUT TRUE I SWEAR! Ok bye now, bye!
Skeltoneith
MikeHayate
Skeltoneith

nice, I did look at their website at some of the items they have, looks really cool, i like how munchkins presents itself.

Commander in Chief

MikeHayate
Skeltoneith
MikeHayate
Skeltoneith

nice, I did look at their website at some of the items they have, looks really cool, i like how munchkins presents itself.
Did you know that when it rains and I am outside I get wet? IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE BUT TRUE I SWEAR! Ok bye now, bye!
FindingJackie

Yesterday I read this post and ordered the game. Expecting it this weekend. >__<;

On topic, there's Smallword. You control races of fantasy creatures and fight other players for space on a map. Pretty fun.
Betrayal at house on the hill is super fun, we got that one recently. The house gets built from tiles as you go, so no two games have the same layout, plus there are fifty or so different scenarios, so you can play many different endings. Lots of replayability.
Elder Sign is sort of a descendant of Arkham Horror, same mythos, different gameplay. Still banishing monsters and trying to avoid insanity. Flavorful.
Forbidden Desert is kinda cool, another recent purchase for us. You play as explorers in a desert during a sandstorm, and you have to collect the pieces to fix an airship to escape the storm. Pretty fun and occasionally hectic.
If you like Arkham (Or hard/difficult games), there's Ghost Stories. You play as Chinese warriors trying to fight off ghosts, pretty fun. Strategic. Hard as balls. Played several games, only won one so far. If you like games that don't like you, this is a good one for that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff