User Image

Hello once again, science lovers, and welcome to the Evolving Item Report! In spite of poor weather and a number of unexpected developments, I am pleased to say that I am still alive and in one piece. Not that you needed to worry about whether or not I would be alive, of course! There is always a risk involved when it comes to scientific research, but I doubt that most scientists would take risks at the level I do. It is important to be willing to do what others won't, if we are to make true scientific progress. Of course, I have heard talk about my methods and what people think of them, but I won't let outside opinions sway me too much. There is work to be done and there are things to be learned, after all! For example, without my totally safe and healthy research practices, we wouldn't have these new findings:

User Image

User Image The Crimson Quartz (designed by Tiana Sidhe):

The two Faekinde went further into the cave, little Fuzzkuk yapping along ahead of them. As the sunlight behind them faded, a red glow ahead rose to show them the way. At a fork in the path, Sihra again played the Song of Harmony. From the left path came a matching tone, deeper than that which the Sliver had made.

Soon enough, the cave opened out on a vast Chamber, the path ending at an outcropping. In the middle of the room hung a huge crystal. Could this be the Crimson Quartz? A triangular hole in the intricately carved roof showed the three suns as they slowly crawled through the sky, gradually coming together in the prophesied Celestial Alignment.

Sihra hesitated as he looked across the expanse. How could he possibly reach the Quartz from here? If he jumped, he might fall down into the shaft of air and fire over which the Quartz hovered.

Tian looked to him, her hand out. "Here, let me have the Sliver. I have an idea."

Sihra handed it over, still wary. His eyes widened as Tian backed up, a pair of gossamer wings emerging from under her cloak! She ran quickly, launching across the gap, the wings helping her stay aloft long enough to land on the Quartz.

User Image Hero's Journey:
    "EAST!" the fighting stopped as the small farmhouse fell silent. "I pick east, okay?!" Vander repeated once more.

Mason struck a confident pose as Sable slunk to the side of her summon to give Lapbie a consoling hug. If it were possible for an undead monstrosity of nature to be heartbroken, he surely was. "Sorry little guy..." Vander admitted, "I just think Mason seems to have a knack for this kind of thing."

"You've got that right, kid! I know this whole area like the hilt of my blade. Now, it's hardly a stone's throw that way and we'll soon discover Voleur Den. Great place for a cutpurse to grab a bite, or so I hear." the mercenary shuffled his feet a bit, eager to get on their way.

Ironically, the mistress of all things dark and eerie was the most chipper of the bunch. "Lapbie and I are coming along then. This will prove to be an interesting venture, don't you think?" she squeezed the bunny tighter and Vander heard a sickening squish. Almost cute, but mostly horrifying.

The motley gang took to the path with a newfound vigor. Vander expected to be a bit more beleaguered after this long day of trials, but there was still some daylight to salvage and some roads to tread. Until he found Aidah-- and after he got back his wallet-- Vander refused to give up! But as they walked, he felt more and more lost. Perhaps Lapbie had been on the right track after all... The team decided to make camp for the night. Around the fire, they discussed their plan of attack, for Mason assured the gang that the den of the thieves was heavily patrolled.

Should they try their stealth against that of the sneakiest scoundrels around? Or perhaps they should go in guns blazing and launch a full attack against the lot of sniveling swindlers?

See? Now, regardless of what anyone may or may not say about my research methods, you cannot deny that they consistently provide results and new findings. The REI seems to be progressing smoothly, and I look forward to what new information I'll have discovered by this time next week! Our AEI friend though...he has proven to be more experimental, and admittedly unpredictable for it. As always, I'm going to need your help to determine where my research should push Hero's Journey to go next, so please do take some time to let me know what completely harmless and non-life-threatening experiments the AEI should undergo next. Until next week, Sciencers!

Get Your Evolving Items!

Cast Your Votes on Hero's Journey!

Need some Gaia Cash? Stock up online or get instant Cash via PayPal! You can convert your unused retail gift cards into Gaia Cash with PayGarden!