Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Proud member of:
User Image

Smack in the middle of Fifth Street, a small deli-cafe with a colorful storefront and tables on the sidewalk awaits the lunchtime rush. Inside, all is quiet, and a cheerful woman waits behind the counter for someone to purchase some fine cheeses—or maybe a slice of ham or three—from her little shop today. She greets every visitor with a smile and "Hello, feel free to look at the fine cheeses we have to offer today!"

User Image

User Image******1***Introduction and Table of Contents***********

2***News***************************************************************

3***Rules**********************************************************

4***Story*****************************************************

5***About the Pets***********************************

6***Current Stock****************************************

7***Events********************************************************

8***Customs**********************************************************

9***Roleplaying*************************************************

10***Breeding************************************************

11***Item Shop*******************************************

12***Cert Shop**********************************************

13***Pickups*******************************************************

14***Credits************************************************************

15***Links**********************************************************
User Image

User ImageUser Image
*** June 14 ***

Win one of these fabulous mice in the shoe raffle in the guild! Click for the thread!
User Image

Everyone is reminded to visit the free stuff thread in the guild!

Everyone is also reminded that the shop is always hiring!

Older News
10/31
10/2 Halloween event! Yay!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/tiarana/RD2/banners/allthemice.png

8/19 WOW I have been terrible at keeping the news updated. XD; THERE WAS A HUGE BREEDING, THAT IS THE NEWS
Additionally, ghosts are now available for recolors in the guild!
The next flatsale is TONIGHT at 9 PM EST!
5/4 The next flatsale will be Saturday, May 7 at 7pm EST! The mice this time were colored by Kitty Sprightt and venafydan!
4/11 GOG Things have been slow! I'm sorry. orz
The next flatsale will be Saturday, April 16 at 4pm EST! The mice are all radioactives that Syrcaid colored! HOORAY
2/5 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/tiarana/RD2/banners/valentinesbanner.png
Valentine's event officially pretty much open! GOGOGO (things still need coloring though XD)

1/9 Ricotta's Deli is hiring! ...after a fashion. Visit this thread in the guild for more information!
Also, the CYO is now closed, not least because Tia's 4shared account lapsed and the templates weren't even available anymore. OTL I had no idea.
12/6 BACK IN BUSINESS, OH YEAH 8D
Customs are open, for some reason the CYO is still open, and there's a new cert (that looks very much like the old one!) If you reeeeally want your mice on the new cert and you ask nicely, maybe I'll put them on there for you. For free! But I don't see why you need the new cert, except the plate can change colors (If you ask reeeeeally nicely I'll do that too!)
9/11 Ahem, well. Tia's computer's hard drive died, leaving her...without a computer of her own to use. (Most of the mouse files are fine, so no worries there. <3) But this means she can't work on the shop, or even really get on the internet so much. So. Yeah. HIATUS until Tia has a job and enough money to buy herself a new computer.
In the meantime, Tia's going to be working on the super awesome holiday event, so eventually, we be's having some fun times in here. DON'T LEAVE ;_;
Even if Tia's on hiatus, don't forget about the CYO! XD Certings might not happen for a while, though.
7/5 Tia has spoken! Customs will be open every Wednesday for the month of July...uuuuh...with the possible exception of the 28th! Additionally, the next anthro slot is expected to be open sometime around the 19th more like August 4, give or take a few days! Get your forms ready! ;D
6/6 The next flatsale will be June 19 at 6:00 PM EST! Please visit the availability post to see the babies that will be for sale. :3
4/23 CYO! Click below!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/tiarana/RD2/banners/CYOBanner.png
Also, don't forget to enter Sky and CC's baby contests~
3/27 Valentine's event completed! (Kind of a while ago...) Now there are BABIES EVERYWHAR, so be on the lookout for people posting baby threads!
For those with old radioactive mice interested in having them on the new lines, you can now order recolors in this thread!
Edit: Sky and CC's baby thread over here~
2/11 The Valentine's event has been posted! It does not officially start until tomorrow (at 9:00 PM EST), but you can see what you're in for now! Scroll down to the events post (post 7, for anyone who's counting) to see!
1/3/10 The next flatsale will be Friday, January 8 at 5:00 PM EST!
Don't forget to enter the Neon clan recruiting event as well!
12/27 Neon clan is holding a recruiting event! There's a lot of mice up for grabs, and everyone is encouraged to join. <3
As a reminder, anthros and customs will be open until the 31st. (or rather, midnight on the first.)
12/18 Anthros and customs are now open! Please PM all custom forms to Anna Ricotta and post all anthro forms in the anthro thread in the guild. There are unlimited custom slots, but only three anthro orders will be accepted at a time! Thank you~ [edit: Anthros and customs will be closing on the 31st, so get them while you can~]
8/26 Wow, it has been exactly a month without any updates! Sorry, guys, real life is getting all up in my business lately. Anyway, the clan system has been rolled out! Check it out in the guild!
7/26 Had a flatsale yesterday, and it was a success!
In additional updates that I forgot to post, there are now a few prompts in the RP Plots forum for your journal/roleplaying needs, rand-o-breeding has been added to the breeding section of the guild, and sample cheese is now available! You can also now visit Ricotta's Deli in towns!
7/12 Happy 1000! Enjoy the new front page and free customs all around! <3 It is only with you, my loyal minions lurkers that all this is possible!
7/12 The event has finished! Congratulations to the winners~ for those who missed it, the winners of the raffle were Xxsky_goddessxX and Suishii, and the winners of the RP contest were Saint-Cinq and Neshaka! The winner of the dice game was [commodore chick!]!
6/27 A small mini-event oriented around different clans of mice is now open! There's a raffle, an RP contest, and a dice game~and it's all free! Come join!
6/20 Anthro Haus, the official anthrofication thread, is now open for business in the guild! Get them while they're hot!
6/8 The flatsale was moderately successful, with four of the five babies being sold! The last one will be given away at the White Ribbon event. <3
5/23 Congratulations to Tellah Amna, who made the first post on page 800! Her prize is a free breeding! Babiessss~<3
5/20 Reopening flatsale previews are up! ...if any of these look suspiciously like your already existing mouse...I apologize. XD The flatsale is June 6th! In the meantime, I'll be working on the front page.
4/26 Things are moving along nicely! I can't really contain myself, so, since I've finished the normal mouse adult templates (also certs), I've decided to offer up normal mouse recolorings!
4/19...2009 Ahaha, after three years of being closed, I'M COMING BACK, BABEH While I'm not quite ready for the grand reopening now, it's certainly in the works. Looking at a first flatsale on June 6, putting an anthro up in the White Ribbon event...all the lines have been redrawn, including the two additional red panda species! The style's changed a bit, but I hope you guys stick around anyway. <3 Recolorings will probably be open as soon as I finish up the cert and templates...starting with normals, but hopefully I'll get so much more done after school's out. :3 Just a few weeks, guys! Going to be great! Oh yeah, and there's a guild now. GO AND GET EXCITED FOR REOPENINGS, GUYS
3/11 Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? Well, the thread's been dead... but I can't just leave it like this. D: College is really pounding me though, so there probably won't be any activity until the summer... well, I'll keep working on it in the meantime so it'll be ready by then! RICOTTA'S DELI SHALL RISE FROM THE ASHES LIKE A PHOENIX IN GLORIOUS FLIGHT
6/29 Having quit moping and started drawing again, Tia has decided to hold an anthro-based event of some sort! Unfortunately, she doesn't know anthro WHAT. Please vote in the poll and help her decide! D:
6/24 Um, the hard drive containing all of the Deli files fried yesterday. D: However, the shop will NOT be going on hiatus.... there just won't be any flatsales of current species until I can find out whether or not the files are retrievable. If they aren't, I'll hunt down the original lineart and reink, retemplate, and recert everything. If I can't find the lineart, I'll make new lines. So NEVER FEAR; the Deli is STAYING OPEN. Of course, since I can't sell the current species, what, oh what, will I sell instead? Gee, I don't know... I'm so glad I sell so many different things and can add new ones at will, though! :3 Just thought you guys ought to be aware of this fact. :3 Have a nice day.
6/7 Congrats to Tia for gradumacating from high school! 8D Now, onwards to flatsales Friday! And I dunno, perhaps some sort of event this summer? We shall see! Ohoho!
5/12 Today there is going to be a newbie flat! Oh mans!
5/5 OMGANTHROFEST!!~1
5/2 Happy birthday to Tia! Breedings and customs are still open. XD The price is only one Easter '06 event item! Go, make mice! :0 Also, make sure you're here this weekend. There's going to be a MINI-EVENT and it's going to RAWK. It has absolutely nothing to do with any highly coveted items. Nothing at all.
4/16 With Gaia's Easter event comes breedings and customs! Go forth and propagate, my minions! Buahaha!
3/27 At the request of several customers (and how could I refuse them?) there's a radioactive flatsale. It started Saturday, but there's still a couple mice left since I've been busy and not very active lately. x.x;;;
3/12 Have I really not updated in almost a month? Golly, no wonder the shop is so dead all the time! I've got to get on that, man! Anyway, the Easter/Spring/Whatever thread is over here.
2/17 Behold! The first red panda... well... a piece of bamboo, anyway... is here! :0 Expect a flatsale in the VERY NEAR FUTURE
2/4 Well, the custom species auction is over, and Koshiba's the winner! Expect to see red pandas sometime in the next few weeks.
1/14 Man, I have got to update these announcements more, but there really isn't much to say, it's just business as usual... Anyway, the Custom Species Auction is now open!
1/1 Happy New Year! ...or something... Friday's flatsale was a big success, with all of the mice selling in one day! O: There's still one baby left from breedings... (Someone buy it so I can free up space in the title!) Customs are now open, and like usual, Tia wants items instead of gold. XD Normal, radioactive, and angelic customs are all available, so be sure to check it out down in post 14.
12/26 Hope everyone had a merry Christmas! Be on the lookout for anthro potions this week! The next flatsale date has also been set for Friday. :3 There will be at least two species next time, so be sure to be there! The mice from the last breeding are here as well.
12/19 The mice from Nemo and Berry's breeding have come and all sold in one day! @.@; With them comes a new species, ghosts, which are difficult to obtain, I assure you. :3
12/3 Secret Santa Event! The mice from Polka and Emme's breeding have also shown up! WHOO
11/25 Look, Tia added a new potion! It, of course, returns your adult mouse to the child stage. Effects are kind of permanent, at least until Tia makes a potion to change it to the adult stage...
11/24 Today Tia decided to open customs too! Isn't she nice? Both breeding and customs will close sometimes Sunday, so get 'em while you can!
11/23 Today a monumental thing happened. The last flatsale mouse sold. REJOICE. Breeding slots are also open. :3
11/12 Holy crap, look at all those growings back on page 171. @_@;
11/11 You may like to note that the angelics offer is going to disappear today at 7:00 EST or thenabouts. In other news, lotsa growings today! WAHAHA
11/4 The event is over, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. =D Check out the Angelics offer down in post 14.
10/24 Halloween event!
10/9 Rishoka and Cookie have bred, and now we have four little bundles of joy... three of which are now looking for a good home! =O The Masked-querade mouse can also be viewed in full here.
10/3 Rishoka and Cookie will be breeding. =D
10/2 The second flatsale began Friday! Buy you must! The second anthro potion ever... (a ninja potion, that is what it was!) has also been purchased! And Squishy won a normal custom for the first post on page 100! The first growings from the flatsale have also happened!
9/18
The second flatsale has finished! =D The second ever anthro has appeared, page 57! ^^
9/17 Well, the second flatsale began yesterday! Today the anthro potion auction ends, be sure to bid! ...And the winner of the anthro potion auction was Neshaka! Who fortunately did not ask for anthro cheese.
9/13 Holy crap, growings! All the pixelmice and the flatsale mice as well! @_@! A new event has also started, check it out! Mmm, anthro potion.
9/11 ...Do I spy an anthromouse? =O
9/7 And now the flatsale is over... and all the pixelmouse babies have shown up... almost. XO Be watching for real mouse babehs over the next few days!
9/5 I made a thread. :B You may have noticed that I'm offering up a special female anthro adult mouse at The October Masked-querade. Why she's special, I'm not telling. >3 (Here's a hint: It's not because she's anthro.)

***Intro*****News*****Rules*****Story*****About the Pets*****Current Stock*****Events*****Customs***
Roleplaying*****Breeding*****Item Shop*****Cert Shop*****Pickups*****Credits*****Links***
User Image

***Don't steal the art. I know there is a lot of it, and it is pretty, but please! This is a bad thing to do!***

***Please don't go overboard with the chatspeak.***

***A few bumps are ok, but not pages of them. Try talking to some of the regulars, alright?***

***Don't beg for pets!***

***Don't resell pets! If you don't want them anymore, notify Tia and she'll find new homes for them.***

***The rules can change at any time for any reason.***

***If you have any questions, please ask!***

***No complaining, no drama, no...meanness...just be good, alright? I know you guys can. <3***

Failure to comply with the rules will result in banning from the shop. This is your only warning!

***Intro*****News*****Rules*****Story*****About the Pets*****Current Stock*****Events*****Customs***
Roleplaying*****Breeding*****Item Shop*****Cert Shop*****Pickups*****Credits*****Links***
User Image

Anna Ricotta's grandfather was a cantankerous old man, rarely satisfied with his life and always, always going on about how things were better in the old country. Yet for all his gruff appearance, he was very fond of his granddaughter, and so it was that his shop was left to her in his will. Anna had worked in the shop most of her life, and she was delighted to take on full-time responsibility for the quaint little deli.

Some time passed before she noticed the strange little creatures that snuck about the deli at night, stealing cheese and ham and bread. One day she resolved to discover who these midnight marauders were for herself, and left out a piece of cheese on a plate with a label—"For the Mice"—before locking up shop and heading up to her apartment.

User ImageAnna was surprised to find a baby mouse lying in what was left of the cheese the next morning when she came down the stairs from the upstairs apartment. More curious than that was the fact the mouse was a vibrant shade of green, hardly a suitable color for a rodent.

She kept the mouse, and named it Ecru. She thought her problems were gone for good, now that she had discovered the perpetrator of the crimes, but she soon noticed that the cheeses continued to go missing.

User ImageA few days later, Anna began to see mice running about the shop, first as loners, and then, much to her horror, in large groups. Something had to be done, she knew, before the health inspectors arrived and shut down the delicatessen.

Anna couldn't stand the thought of having such unique rodents rounded up and killed, however, so she hatched an interesting new plan to get rid of them. She would secretly sell the mice to anyone who would take one, and by the time the health inspectors dropped by, there would be so few mice that they might just go undetected. She would have to go about it very carefully, though, for it would be no good if the inspectors caught wind of her plot before it came to fruition...

User Image
User Image

The mice of Ricotta's Deli come in many strange and exotic colors not often seen on common mice, frequently with bright and elaborate markings. However, as a result of interbreeding with other species, it is not rare to see a mouse with more muted colors and subdued markings.

It is a known fact that these mice normally eat only cheese, a rather unusual quality even among mice. This raises a question as to why the fine meats of Ricotta's Deli are also vanishing into the night, not to mention the bread...

Before you own a mouse, you must purchase a piece of cheese. You can use this as bait, placed on a plate and left overnight. It may take the mice a few days to take the bait, but when they do, you will finally have that unique creature you've been searching for.

Strangely enough, it is always a baby mouse that is found in the morning, and speculation suggests that newborn mice have ravenous appetites. The tiny, weirdly-out-of-proportion creatures spend most of their time sleeping, and when they're not, they're usually eating. It is fortunate, then, that mice only remain this size for a few days.

Once your mouse has reached the adult stage, it is ready to enter mouse society! Your mouse can elect to join and leave hordes at will, take a mate and breed, and explore the vast world in front of it! Mouse life is only just getting started when they reach this stage! Note that, while some mice may be able to understand human speech, they can not speak it at this stage (or before it, of course).

It is possible for mice to achieve another stage beyond adult. All mice at this stage are unique. This stage is only reachable through lots of RP or the use of a certain rare and highly coveted item.
User Image

User Image
The following mice have been seen around the shop:

User Image

***Current Stock***
***Next flatsale date: ??? | Time: ??? ***

User Image***Cheddar Cheese: A small block of cheddar, suitable for attracting the average mouse. ***
<˚(____)~
***Currently in stock: 0 | Price: 1000 gold ***

User Image***Limberger Cheese: Well-known for its pungent aroma, this cheese often attracts biohazardous mice. ***

***Currently in stock: 0 | Price: 1000 gold ***

User Image***Free Sample: A piece of cheese given out free for promotional purposes. ***
***Currently in stock: | Price: free! ***

Sample cheese is a little different from your standard paid cheeses. In order to catch your mouse, you must perform an RP with Tia in the guild. RP is not required after you have obtained your mouse, though you're free to continue the RP if you wish. You may only have one sample cheese at a time, and you may only claim one sample every three months. ***

There is no guarantee that you will catch a mouse with your cheese within a day. It may take weeks. It may take months. Don't complain if Tia takes a while to respond to your RP and even longer to actually hand over a mouse. Mice caught with free samples are randomly colored (although you are free to speculate on the color as much as you wish), and may be random species as well. After you have obtained a mouse, it will continue growth normally. ***

***Flatsale Rules***

Most flatsales at the Deli are speed flatsales. The rules of speed flatsales are simple. In general, there will be a five-minute silent time before the scheduled time. At the start of the flatsale, Tia will post something such as "flatsale go!" Post in the thread which pet you want. The first person to post for a given pet is the one who gets it! If you don't get your first choice, you can always try for another. :3 Proxying is also allowed, so if you can't make it to the flatsale, maybe you can ask a friend to do it for you!

After Tia has confirmed the winners, send the trade to Anna Ricotta.

You may only buy one mouse for yourself per sale, but there is no limit to the number you can own. Build your own private army if you want! You can buy as many flatsale mice as you want for friends as well (as long as they all go to different friends.) However, you may only request one pet per post, so prioritize carefully!

User Image

Win one of these fabulous mice in the shoe raffle in the guild! Click for the thread!
User Image

User Image

So you've got a great idea for a pet, but you don't know if such a mouse will ever exist? You've come to the right place! Thanks to the wonders of genetic engineering (courtesy of Splisotron Genetic Labs), you can bring your marvelous vision to life!

Availability

Customs are closed!

Please PM all forms to this here mule, Anna Ricotta!

Prices

Semi-random
[X][X][X]
3000 gold (babies) | 2300 gold (adults)

You aren't really sure what you want, but that's ok, because you do know you want some colors! Pick a few (up to 4), specify a general feel for the pet, and see what Tia comes up with. It's a bit of a gamble! You may not like the pet you receive. (I do hope you will, though!)

Colors-only
[X][X][X]
4000 gold (babies) | 3000 gold (adults)

You've got some colors in mind, perhaps an elaborate design, and you know where you want your markings to go and what they look like! Just tell Tia what you want and there you go!

Small edits
[X][X][X]
5000 gold (babies) | 4000 gold (adults)

Onoes! You want some edits? Small edits include small items such as jewelry and accessories in limited numbers.

Medium edits
[X][X][X]
7000 gold (babies) | 5500 gold (adults)

Oh my, you're getting into the big stuff now! So you want, like, some serious itemage going on, or some bits of clothes, or a crap ton of accessories? Yeah, this is what you've got.

Heavy edits
[X][X][X]
10,000 gold (adults)

Cosplays! OCs (probably)! Clothes! Hair! Items all over the place! You want it all! Too bad you can only get it on an adult.

Please remember the size of the pets before ordering edits. They're pretty small. You might want to consider a custom anthro instead!

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Pet name:[/b]
[b]Custom type:[/b]
[b]Species (normal, radioactive):[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Initial stage:[/b]
[b]Fur color(s):[/b]
[b]Glow color(s) (radioactive only):[/b]
[b]Eye color(s):[/b]
[b]Nose color:[/b]
[b]Marking color(s):[/b]
[b]Marking details (location, shape, etc.):[/b]
[b]Edits:[/b]
[b]References:[/b]
[b]Additional details:[/b]

User Image

Click below to visit the world of Ricotta's Deli! 8D

User Image

You can also visit Ricotta's Deli in towns!

User Image

For breeding prices and availability, visit the guild!

Current Litters
[none!]

User Image
A crazy old lady has set up her "Mystical Artifacts and Amusing Oddities" business on a nearby street corner, and it seems the items for sale have strange effects on Deli mice...

User Image***Anthro potion: If a human drank this, they'd die. Weird, huh? ***

***A rare and highly coveted item that transforms mice into anthros, human-like creatures that retain many of the characteristics of their original mouse forms. Anthro mice can blend in with human society and speak both mouse and human languages, making them valuable advocates for their kind. ***

***For prices and availability, check Anthro Haus! ***

<˚(____)~

User Image
***Water of Youth: This used to be a bottle of salad dressing. ***

***Returns mice to the baby stage. The effects are permanent. ***

***Currently in stock: 10 | Price: 300 gold (Non-anthros only) ***

~(____)˚>

User Image

Nothing here yet! Eventually this post will offer a delightful selection of patterns and colors for your mouse plates, and numerous lovely frames for anthros as well! Stay tuned!

User Image

***For the owner's list, click here! ***
***Uncerts are available upon request. ***
***Most dropoffs are now posted in the guild! This post is used for mice that have not been named yet. ***
***If your mouse is posted here, please visit the certing thread to give it a name! ***

<˚(____)~

User Image

~(____)˚>

User Image

***Lines, banners, certs, shop, templates, most colorings, and everything else by Tiarana!***

***Occasional ideas, colorings, etc. contributed by Suishii where noted!***

***Mice have also been colored by these people:***
ChezaRain
Kitty Sprightt
Syrcaid
venafydan
Thanks guys! 8D

***All downloaded fonts from da Font!***

User Image
If you want to link Ricotta's Deli, you can use one of these images! If you want me to link you back, post your image and code in the thread or PM it to Anna Ricotta!

User Image
[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.9895677] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/tiarana/RD2/banners/linkbannersmall.png[/IMG][/URL]

User Image
[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.9895677] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/tiarana/RD2/banners/linkbanner.png[/IMG][/URL]

User Image
[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.9895677] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/tiarana/RD2/banners/linkbanner200x40.png[/IMG][/URL]

Links

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff