Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clueit's Groom

Timid Businessman

Username: Hospitaliers
Category: Writing
The what-if situation // Overall Idea: What if Cresento had killed Gino when he had the chance? (WARNING: This thing contains major character death, a brief murder scene, and hinted suicide. Read at your own discretion.)
What would’ve happened // Entry Proper:
There's so much blood...

Where did it come from?

His pistol rests on his oustretched hand, warm and smoking. Heavy like a curse.

Nicolae is staring at him with an expression he never thought he would see from him. Fear? Revulsion? Both.

And he's in no better condition.

It takes him a few moments to gather his wits and put what he's done into words. To name this heinous act.

'I've just killed Gino Gambino.'

He can't dwell on it for long, as the ship's crew arrives at the crime scene, alerted by the gunshot of what has taken place.

The old man, Edmund, is by far the most affected of the four remaining, his eyes opening wide in shock briefly before his hand fastens around the handle of his rapier, lunging at the perpetrators in blind ire.

He cannot move. He's paralyzed, ready to succumb under Edmund's weapon, to pay blood with blood.

But Nicolae is swifter.

He shoves the elf out of the way of the human's first strike, and drags him along towards the nearest window until he finds his legs and can flee on his own.

They crash through the window to the ground below, and disappear into the forest's shadowy embrace, never to be seen again.

He will never be able to purge the scent of blood from his system.

And neither he will be able to forget Edmund's anguished cry as they fled.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The ship ride is silent, the muted rumbling of the engines being the only company for its taciturn crew of two.

As they descend, Cresento is the one to walk ahead. His gait is heavy, and his knees threaten to give in with each step he takes.

Still, he manages to make his way to the Don's office, parting a sea of inky black skins and white suits. None of them say a word, not a whisper can be heard. They all stare at him with the same two questions in their eyes.

'How? Why?'

Even Franco, the Fish, Don Kuro's most trusted muscle and by far the most vile of the organization's members, seems appalled at what he's done. His golden gaze burns his back as he walks past him.

He cannot blame him.

Finally, he reaches the door to Don Kuro's office. Cordell is there to receive him, but she doesn't say anything. She doesn't move, doesn't shift her eyes, just staring at a blank point on the wall, deeply in shock.

He feels his heart tighten at the sight. 'Oh, Cordell...'

She might not be as close to him, in terms of bloodlines, but he still feels her near his heart. Like a cousin. A sister, even.

After long moments in which he has to fight the urge to cry, the painful tightening of his chest, Cordell opens the door to the Don's office.

He just hopes she'll flee and be spared of whatever Nyx has in mind...

When he enters the Don's office, he expects to be received with the dourness that characterizes the sickly heir.

Instead, he's met with an effusiveness that throws him off completely.

It makes him uncomfortable.

"Cresento. I see you've fulfilled your end of the bargain. At first, I was dubious, especially considering the kind of creature you decided to ally yourself with. But I must admit, you have done a magnificent job."

The Don is pleased. Through and through. He's smiling wider than he's ever seen him do, and his posture further conveys this.

He should be happy as well. He did a good job. The days of his kind living hidden, afraid of the searing caress of the sunlight are finally over.

Why isn't he happy?

"Cordell." He snaps his fingers, calling his sister. "Show Cresento our gratefulness."

She nods curtly at the order, and retrieves a black briefcase from the table behind herself, walking towards the taller elf and offering it to him.

She doesn't look at him in the eyes.

Despite himself, Cresento hesitates.

In the briefcase, there's enough money to allow him to live comfortably for a long time. Under different conditions, he would have taken the briefcase without a second thought.

But not now.

The Don notices his hesitation.

"What's the matter, Cresento? Are you afraid? Do you feel pain? Pity, perhaps? For the human?"

The captain doesn't answer. However, his silence fills in the void where words would falter.

"You were always too soft. Is it because of the human muck running through your veins? Do you feel more human than elf? Closer to those who shun us rather than your own kin?"

His words are like needles, and he cannot find his voice. Neither to deny or confirm.

The Don raises his voice again.

"I was expecting this. Cordell." He snaps his fingers again. "Make it double."

Cordell walks towards the table once again, setting the previous briefcase down and taking another one, similar in size. But heavier.

"Consider this a rather generous tip for the troubles Gambino caused to you. Maybe with this, you'll be able to afford some therapy sessions to ease your mind. With a human professional, perhaps?"

It was a jab at his elven pride. In other circumstances, he wouldn't have hesitated to defend his honour. To deny time and again any affiliation he could have with the human race.

But not now.

Instead, it takes all of his strength to force even a thread of voice from his lips.

"Thank you, Don Kuro."

He turns around, and doesn't look back. He must leave this place at once.

It takes him a superhuman effort to return to the ship. Nicolae is waiting for him leaning against the hull, his face streaked with a sullenness he'd never seen before.

He opens the briefcase he's been given, and hands Nicolae his fair share of the deal. The human doesn't spare more than a glance to the wad of cash he's offered, grabbing it quickly and shoving it into his jacket's pocket.

This money burns. It's tainted. Even more so than every other payment he's received in his lifetime.

An uncomfortable silence stretches between them, a moment in which they refuse to meet eachother's gaze out of shame and fear. The words linger in the air, unspoken, but they both know what this means.

Once again, Nicolae is swifter.

"I guess this is it, then."

Cresento only nods in response, still averting his gaze.

Nicolae presents his outstretched hand to the elf, who can't help but return the gesture, if only as a way to dissolve their union.

Albeit weakly, they share a handshake, and once again, silence falls upon them.

This time, it's Cresento the one to break it.

"You should go. It's dangerous to stay around."

The human only nods slowly at this, and turns his back to the captain, retreating somewhere far away. Where, he wouldn't tell. And Cresento wouldn't ask.

Once he was positive the human had left, the elf boarded his ship again.

Despite his companion's tendency towards boisterousness, he's come to expect and embrace the silence of the ship. In turn, it embraces him, like it's done countless times before, sheltering him from the world outside, the world below. His world.

Their world.

The dull sound of his heels against the hardwood as he makes his way towards the bridge is the only noise that can drown the deafening silence. He can't help but feel a wave of unsettling relief wash over him. He's safe.

He's safe?

It will only take the push of a lever to be safe. To take flight and never be seen again. To leave this all behind. To forget.

But he can't forget.

Through the windshield of his ship, he can see a tar-like darkness crawling, engulfing the forest and suffocating the dawn. It's happening.

It's only then that he fully realizes what's happening.

'My god... what have I done...!?'

Months have passed since the rise of Nyx. Those who submitted to his power were subjugated by the kirin. Those who fought back, perished.

Notice arrives to the forgotten city of Dref Dur. Notice of a missing ship, of a runaway Gaian shopkeeper.

Of the sound of a weapon going off through the radio. Of a tragic accident over the ocean that left no survivors.

Rumours are exchanged like currency, and soon, they arrive at a small, shady place where dubious deals are made.

The owner would nod at this, but nothing else.

Some say there's pain in his eyes as he tips his plaid cap to shield them from sight.

I'm an a**. I'll be in the corner thinking about what I just did.

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Hopefully this is still open on the 2nd of August. @@

Antagonistic Agent

18,815 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Honesty Kruse

Go! ouo I'll wait for ya! ^^ I don't know what time I'll be here tomorrow, but rest assured, I'm going to accept all entries that are posted before Aug. 3 Gaia time (PDT, yes?). ;D

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
AnneLaurant
Honesty Kruse

Go! ouo I'll wait for ya! ^^ I don't know what time I'll be here tomorrow, but rest assured, I'm going to accept all entries that are posted before Aug. 3 Gaia time (PDT, yes?). ;D

;O; Thank you! I'll do my best to make it as good as I possibly can with the time I've got. ;u;

Lonely Bachelorette

Username: gitchii
Category: writing
The what-if situation // Overall Idea: What if Edmund didn't came to Gino's aid against Zhivago on time?

He sneaked off. He was way too sneaky for his babysitter. And now he's in Meili's house, watching as Zhivago tries to kill his friend to get to him. He's weak. He's just a kid. He has no powers. And yet he went out of his way to sneak off. He's just a thirdwheel he says to himself all the time, but now he regrets leaving the safety of their ship.

Meili is all bloody now, in his tiger form, i can't do anything but watch. He told me to run. Which i did but Zhivago is stronger. He caught up with me again and now Meili is gonna suffer because of me. I am despicable. I should do something! But what???

I stood up and forced myself between Meili and Zhivago. I stare at the vampire with all the courage i could muster.

"Stop! It's me you want! Leave Meili alone, just kill me and be done with it! Leave my friends out of this!", i shouted at Zhivago.

He just smirked and grab me by my hair. He then threw me into the living room, my arms shattered against the door and i cried in pain. The vampire laughed at me, mocking my tears and he came for me again. He clutched my shirt collar and threw me against the wall again. I felt my breath leave me in big whoosh as my back hit the wall hard. I can't breathe for awhile there and i thought i was gonna die right there and then.

But no, i was still alive, full of pain and fear, and hatred as well.

Zhivago was watching me as I catch my breath. I saw Meili trying to stand in the other room, and i felt hope surge through me.

Meili then went for the vampire's back and caught him offguard. They stumbled around the room an dripped at each others clothing and body. Meili tried to rip Zhivago's head off but the vampire is just too cunning and turned into bats then into his human form again. Meili is getting weaker but Zhivago is still up on his game. Then it happened.

Zhivago caught Meili by the neck and threw him into the wall. He fell down with a wail of agony and was unconscious again. The vampire looked at me in disgust and smiled mischievously. He's now in bloodlust and I just know my life is at end here. He rushed to me in a blur, my head swimming as he grabbed my head and bit my neck instead! He bit me! Oh God! Am i going to be a vampire too? I don't know. And i couldn't remember anything after that, because all i felt was pain. The burning of my soul. I am as good a ps dead. I am turning into a vampire.

There was a loud crash as the door flew off it's hinges. There came in edmund. I smiled at him, i can see he knew he was too late. And i'm going to kill him...

[Fin]

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Username: Honesty Kruse
The what-if situation // Overall Idea: If Rosalie didn't die and she managed to bring both kids with her.

Quote:
In that sacred hour before the break of dawn, the main hall of the Gambino Mansion rang with an angry shout.

WHAT THE DEVIL WE'RE YOU THINKING?!

The sudden rise in volume caused the two vampire children to shrink behind the chair where a swordsman was busy tending to his bleeding wounds.

“I just couldn't bear it anymore, Johnny! I can't stand the thought of leaving them with him when I've been given so much happiness--”

But Johnny Gambino turned his angry gaze away from his wife to settle on the solemn face of his most trusted friend.

“Edmund, did you know about this?”

Pausing in the act of wrapping some bandages around his midsection, Edmund returned Johnny's hard stare with a stern one of his own.

“Don't be ridiculous, Johnny. You were the one who called me when you found out that she wasn't anywhere in the mansion. The two of you had been arguing over the past few days about the children and I put two and two together. I barely managed to get to them before it was too late.”

Johnny Gambino, a mountain of a man, threw a quick glance at the children's faces—pale, with slitted pupils in eyes that reflected his own worry back at him—and visibly sagged.

Rosalie silently went up to him. She embraced as much of his huge waist from behind as she was able, and apologized in that soft but melodious voice of hers:

“I'm sorry I made you worry.”

Johnny turned and wrapped his arms around her tight enough for it to be slightly uncomfortable, but they each continued to hold onto each other regardless. Then Johnny spoke up in a voice barely above a hoarse whisper:

“What if I lost you, Rosalie? What do I do with myself then? And what about Gino? He would have had to grow up without ever knowing his own mother.”

As he spoke, tears fell from both their eyes.

“Johnny, Rosalie. I'm afraid there's something else we should be thinking about now.”

Having finished giving himself the first aid he needed to stop bleeding to death, Edmund walked towards the nearest window and quickly surveyed the darkness beyond.

“We currently have both of Von Helson's heirs in our custody and I'm sure he'll be wanting them back. He'll be sending out more of his cronies after us soon. We need a scheme.”

Every face in the room turned to Johnny with varying expressions: there was the hint of a mischievous glint in Edmund's eyes; Rosalie looked to her husband with an expression of anticipation and unshakeable faith; and the two young brothers couldn't help but look at him with eyes wide with growing curiosity at what the big man will do next.

Johnny drank in the sight and let out a horrible, horrible laugh:

“BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Rosalie! We'll both get Gino and meet with everyone else down in the basement. If that monster thinks he can get away with stealing from Johnny Gambino, he's got another thing coming!”

Honestly, I'm tempted to follow this up with Gino being kidnapped by the Von Helsons before Rosalie and Johnny could make it upstairs, and maybe he'd even be raised by them, but I figure there's been enough tragic entries in ths contest. (Vampire!Gino anyone? Poor kid never gets a break.)

Though it could go both ways tbh. Gino can stay with his real family and together they can all kick vampire a**.

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I just reread all the entries above mine and realised that Gino's just getting horrible fates in each of them. LMAO poor Gino. ;_;

(yes, I'm laughing and crying at the same time)

it's times like these when i wish Meili/Gino fluff can magically appear on AO3. Or I can make myself write one when I don't have an assignment due this week. Hmmm.

Clueit's Groom

Timid Businessman

Honesty Kruse
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I just reread all the entries above mine and realised that Gino's just getting horrible fates in each of them. LMAO poor Gino. ;_;

(yes, I'm laughing and crying at the same time)

it's times like these when i wish Meili/Gino fluff can magically appear on AO3. Or I can make myself write one when I don't have an assignment due this week. Hmmm.

It's not enough that he's Gaia's ultimate disgrace lightningrod in canon, we also gotta make him suffer in fanon.

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
Username: TheMainCharacter1
The what-if situation // Overall Idea: What if Ultra Satan hijacks Cresento’s ship?

After rendering Cresento useless as someone facing their phobia, Ultra Satan was able to take control of the airship and fly it to the ancient location in the sky where his brethren awaits to walk among Gaia once again. With a powerful “mewl” a magical circle appeared revealing a dark portal where species of monsters only ever seen in ancient times rushed through, escaping their century prison. With over-sized shiny black eyes, the pink demonic fluff ball watched as the sky soon became red and the laughter of his friends covered the cries and destruction of the poor people of Gaia. Ultra Satan curled up in the shocked Cresento's lap for a nap but not before thinking that today was a good day after hearing an explosion in the direction of Barton Town.

Antagonistic Agent

18,815 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Judging ongoing, please wait!

Antagonistic Agent

18,815 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Okay because I'm too amused, I'm going to write down my reactions.

Oh and since you're already tagged, might I direct you to our feedback thread and forum? Of course, if you've already done this, thank you! If not, please do fill it up, so we can make next year so much better! ^^

-=FREEFORM=-

Lily Patara

Oh yes, if they were linked, then making a panel would be easier... *cries*

Jareth_bowie

Huh. I heard you can unsoulbind your rings (I don't want mine unsoulbound because they're mine. MINE.). As for orbs, you can turn them into alchemy components/items. But you're right. We need to put our spare items somewhere where we can gain something out of dumping them............
Although, to be honest, if they turn Kindred into a more Pokemon-ish game, I wouldn't really favor it.

Tamachi-chan

A new Kin, hmmm...

me know it all

If we knew how to fix code, we can do everything we want on Gaia too and that's scary, but we need zOMG back because game + hangout + money maker.

TheSilverCricket

Even without the booty on lockdown, Gaia still hasn't removed the marketplace cap. But at least some people will understand only a little portion of the population can afford their many goods and they'll have to lower prices so more can afford it... (Wait I talked Econ hahahaha)

A Kiss of Starlight

There is. Diedrich's friendship (and lunchbox). (If the D-Party hadn't come to save us, I would've been shivering at this point, but still a lot of people don't really favor the D so much, so I guess we would need a better rewelcome gift...)

TheMainCharacter1

*hears Nicolae in the distance* "Not the kind of kitty I like."

-=ART + PHOTOMANIP=-

`Hydro

Oooohhh. Connecting zOMG and Kindred...

Bloodynewmoon

I've been wondering what would've happened that way; thank you for executing the idea. XDDDD But I guess an awkward rivalry will happen first before they team up to get some ladies.

WRITING

Hospitaliers

*nods* I see. Make it more dramatic. And don't think in the corner of what you did. You'll never become a forgery writer that way.

Jokes and puns aside, I like the way you presented the tension. I was breathing heavily as I waited. One wrong move and it'll explode and everything you've built up will crash and I won't be able to move. That sort.

gitchii

Hmmmmmm not enough tension. /shocksimsocruel
But hm, vamp!Gino... wait if Gino's a vamp now then he can join his vamp half brothers /shot

Honesty Kruse

But all of Rosalie's sons under one roof... *remembers her teenage crush on them* *a few bloody drops of nostalgia drip from her nose*

---

Everyone's so great I upgraded the prizes a bit!

me know it all for Grand Prize of 100B gaia_gaiagold !
That what-if will give us users power (and responsibility, LOL) to fix what's wrong and not just zOMG, including glitches, layering fails, marketplace tags, Fishing and Fishing Captcha, leaked items, the outdated Guilds system, and so much more! Just... just that it's scary if we used this knowledge to destroy Gaia and not fix it...

Hospitaliers for 1st Runner-Up, 75B gaia_gaiagold !
Here, take this gold and go get some therapy sessions /shot
But yeah, the implications of your fic is just... heart-wrenching and depressing, and you got that message through and that's what I loved! (But more memorable was the code/zOMG one.)

TheMainCharacter1 for 2nd Runner-Up, 50B gaia_gaiagold !
Ultra Satan, WTF. Wait, is the cat on our side or on Nyx's? But bah, this apocalypse is hilariously better than Nyx's.

Honorable mentions (25B gaia_gaiagold each) for:
Jareth_bowie for inspiring an recycling campaign! (I'm just kidding but yeah, we do need to clean up Gaia of the items we don't find so appealing or useful.)
`Hydro for a beautiful photomanip! (The flow felt so natural!)
Bloodynewmoon for satisfying my curiosity through art! (Ian and Liam as twins!)

I'll send some participation prizes (5B gaia_gaiagold each) on the way too! ^^ (Please wait a bit, Internet connection is wonky.)

Thank you, everyone, and see you around and next year!

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
AnneLaurant

Heehehe.
Thank You. heart

Clueit's Groom

Timid Businessman

AnneLaurant

OH GEE that's so dang amazing THANK YOU SO MUCH, DAMN.

AAACTUALLY I was thinking about making it way darker and grittier, way more descriptive, but I don't wanna get in trouble, oops.

I'm still gonna write a ton more of stuff for Gaia. *ADULT* stuff. Honestly, I wrote more in three days than I have written in MONTHS and that kind of filled me with energy.

Thanks a lot for the compliments, too! It was kind of difficult and I was afraid that the excessive cuts would be off-putting. I'm glad they actually did the job I wanted them to.

I'm gonna donate this money to AU!Cres for him to pay a couple hundred therapy sessions after the s**t I put him through, har har.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
AnneLaurant

TY! =D

Eloquent Mage

Thanks and congrats to the winners!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items