User Image

Hello all and welcome back to Gaia 9 Action News' most popular segement: The Community Update! I'm your ever-intrepid reporter, Cindy Donovinh. Now for July 16th's... wait... July 16th? Is it not June still? Can someone please bring me an accurate calendar? Excuse me for a moment, viewers...

[Gaia 9 Action News is experiencing some technical difficulties. Please stand by.]

*ahem* Thanks for staying with us, Gaians. I have some shocking news to report! Not long ago, I was investigating some mysterious happenings across Gaia. My groundbreaking research led me from one side of the land to the other, my camera crew and I dodging danger at every turn. We ended up in a foreboding forest-- although it seemed somewhat familiar... as though I'd been there as a child, or in another life. Ah, but I digress. Here's the real scoop: We spotted a massive nightmarish behemoth of a beast lurking in the woods! I directed our cameras at it for an exclusive peek and what we found will shock you! Or, well, it would have shocked you, had our film not been lost in the chaos that followed. Or was it calm? See, here's the thing: I can't remember a bit! Why, I'd almost thought the whole incident was a dream until my crew and I compared notes. It seems as though we've been in a sort of daze for the last few weeks. More information on this breaking story will be revealed as the details continue to resurface! Until then, let's take a look at the latest Avatar Arena Winners:

User Image

The Original Avatar Arena was rocked when the talented MiniMeow took the stage! The stunning entry entitled "A Fairy's Treasure" took the crowd by storm and earned the well-deserved title of First Place. Astounding!

Not to be outdone, Jiyuu Yuuki won it big in the Cosplay Avatar Arena with an inspired entry entitled "LoZ: TP - Link"! Accurate and awesome, this fabulous creation really stole the show!

Congratulations to all of our astounding winners! If you happen to spot these talented folk around the forums, be sure to give them a quick commendation for their thrilling victory. To take a look at the winners of yesterday or yesteryear alike, check out the Cosplay Avatar Arena Winners Page and the Original Avatar Arena Winners Page!

User Image

This just in, Gaians: In an exciting turn of events, one of Gaia Online's official staff members has stepped forward to give us an exclusive behind the scenes interview! You may recognize this familiar face as one of Gaia's most friendly team members. Please welcome the charming Arlette Mori!

Welcome Arlette Mori! It's great to have you here with us today. Many of the Gaians reading this will already have an idea of who you are and what you do for Gaia, but for the curious and the newcomers, please tell us a little about yourself. How long have you been a Gaian? Where could we have found you spending time before you became a staff member, and doing what?
    Um. A very long time! Really~ I joined Gaia September 2004. That's a long time, right? You would have found me in the GCD making banners for the daily item update discussion threads, and even maintaining said threads occasionally. I was a very active user in the forum. OH and I secretly fangirled over Rance Clear. It was love at first sight.

A true Gaian through and through. Astounding! What made you decide to work for Gaia? Where would we see your handiwork around the site? Our viewers are dying to know!
    It's always been a dream of mine to work for Gaia. I love the website and the community so much, and has been part of my life for over a decade. So when the opportunity came, I immediately jumped in. It was the best decision ever. My handiwork is everywhere. I design announcement graphics, create promotional images for items seen around the website & in the shops, and I assist with designing occasional tier landing pages. I also write announcements, and help with scheduling & facilitating releases in the cash shops. So yeah. Everywhere.

Spill it! Can you share any fun facts or secrets about yourself or Gaia?
    Fun Fact: I like hotdogs, my hair is purple IRL, I'm a mom (surprise!), SquareMom is best Mom, and I'm obsessed with K-pop. FYI: BIGBANG and AOA slay me every time. heart As for secrets.... So like one time I was like super excited about one my new favorite OTPs and so like I wrote a fanfic and like it was the best thing ever. Waaah! (✿ ♥‿♥)

Our team has been hearing a lot of rumors about a possible Summer Event in the works... But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you? Hm? On a tangential note, we'd love to know which classic Gaia Online event you've most enjoyed!
    Halloween 2004 holds a very special place in my heart because it was my very first Halloween event, and it was the event that kept me wanting more. I love our universe with our characters. I'm looking forward to the summer event. It's going to be very fun!

Is there anything you want to say to all the Gaians out there?
    Don't be afraid to post in the forums and get yourself out there. What makes Gaia so wonderful, in my personal opinion, is our diverse & vocal community. Gaia is all about having fun and expressing yourself in many ways from artwork you create to avatars you design. Be yourself and have fun. smile

If you enjoyed this special interview with one of Gaia's most talented staff members, let us know! Until next week, Gaians: This is Cindy Donovinh, your dedicated reporter, signing out. Please don't forget to visit the Community Update Thread to vote in our poll and suggest some aspects of Gaia to feature in an upcoming Community Update! Your post might be randomly selected to win our weekly Shout Out contest, and you will get the chance to have a one sentence quote included in a future Community Update! Use it to plug a thread, organization, or just to say hi!

Share Your Ideas!