User Image

Greetings Sciencers! I suppose you're all looking to the skies for answers now that the latest visitors from space have touched down. I happened to catch sight of the Mecha Bunny ship from my window this morning. Great gadget, but I'm not sure space is really within my realm of expertise. I much prefer things a bit more controlled. If it can't fit into a test tube or spreadsheet, it's just not for me! I will say that those Lapin Patrol Rangers are a bit fascinating though... Do you think I could convince them to give me a few biological samples of their body matter? Oh, the things I could do with just a lock of neon fur... Just think of the science! Oh, but I digress-- I've got a fabulous new development to share with you! Whip out your notepads and settle in: Recon Pariah is changing right before our eyes!

User Image

User Image Recon Pariah: "One of the best units on the force," says Grey, clicking his tongue sympathetically as he watches the simulated Pariah stare straight ahead, calm and guarded. "One of the most tenured, too. Shame to lose her."

"Pretty terrible cafeteria buddy, as I recall. Rules lawyer. Had a righteous stick--"

"Well, you can't have everything."

"I guess they wouldn't send less than the best after Deacon. Been stirring up trouble for months now."

"Pretty sure the brass is afraid of a genuine uprising. They spent too long trying to suppress the media, if you ask me, and not enough time trying to take care of the actual problem." A pause. "Probably why we lost her. Too afraid of sending a big team, figured it'd draw attention, so they send out their best recon and a lowly trainee so no one's keeping tabs, try to do it subtle."

"They find her body? Or did it end up going black market scrap?"

"Just the implant. Odd thing to ditch, but maybe the merc vultures didn't want anything to do with corp secrets--too dangerous."

Blue watches Unit 482 fidgeting nervously with the wires of his mouthpiece. His brow is still clean and unmarked. He's not property of the Corporation yet, and now, thinks Blue, he never will be.

"You're free when you're dead," says Grey, like he'd heard the thought, and he's not looking at Unit 482. He's looking at Pariah.

Wow Sciencers! Another fascinating glimpse into the warring technological landscape inside the tale of Recon Pariah. I can hardly wait for the next installment! Perhaps if I run a few wires and complete the circuit I've set up around this massive battery system, I can zap my way into a another new development! I tried it on an intern's cellular phone earlier and it sprouted eight metal legs and hopped out a nearby window while firing small laser beams in our direction: A complete success! I'll be sure to inform you about the results of this hypothesis just as soon as testing resumes. Until then, keep experimenting to your heart's content, my brilliant Scienteers!

Visit La Victoire!

Need some Gaia Cash? Stock up online or get instant Cash via PayPal! You can convert your unused retail gift cards into Gaia Cash with PayGarden!