User Image

Good afternoon, Gaians. Intrepid reporter Cindy Donovinh here at the scene of the latest Avatar Arena competition. The winners were announced days ago, but have yet to secure their place in the spotlight. This is in no small part due to the antics of one particularly errant shopkeeper hiding and tampering with much of our studio's equipment under the guise of "getting mad buff" and "creating job security."

Fortunately, we've reclaimed much of our technical capability and are ready to begin this week's Community Update: the segment voted on by Gaians like you! Today's shaping up to be a doozy, so let's begin:

User Image

First place in the Cosplay Avatar Arena was Yoshi Rolls Into Battle (that's a familiar name!) with the amazing entry entitled "TLoZ:Windwaker-Princess Zelda!" Astounding!

Not to be outdone, the talented Lapsis Stella swept the Original Avatar Arena by storm with the winning entry entitled "Gormalith." A stunning display of creative excellence from both First Place victors! Congratulations! To take a look at the winners of yesterday or yesteryear alike, check out the Original Avatar Arena Winners Page and the Cosplay Avatar Arena Winners Page!

User Image

Next up, we've got an exclusive interview with a fabulously generous Gaian. xoClicheOuais created and maintains Dream Big Dream Magic Charity, a fantastically helpful organization for new users and questers alike! I was lucky enough to invite the illustrious founder for a quick meeting.

Hello, xoClicheOuais! It's a pleasure to have you with us today. If I may ask, what made you start the Dream Big Dream Magic Charity thread?
    Well, ever since I first joined Gaia in 2010 Ive always loved the idea of helping others and have always been active in the Charity forum. I just love helping others, it makes me happy. Thats why I opened my charity thread, and not only do I get to help others but its a home for everyone to escape reality.

That's fantastic! Now tell me your secret: What do you do to keep the charitable spirit alive in Dream Big Dream Magic?
    I like to think that everyone in the thread keeps the charitable spirit alive, we've come together as a community and really help each other out. To keep the charity feeling fresh we have different contests every week and raffles to win art and la victoire cash shop prizes.

Wow, prizes, games, and a charity? What a busy place! What amazing accomplishments has Dream Big Dream Magic made?
    I feel our biggest accomplishment in the charity has just been helping out so many gaians and making everyone feel welcomed to Gaia and becoming such a large charity that caters to everyone's needs.

That's a truly heartwarming sentiment. Finally, what would you say to anyone interested in becoming a gifter or a giftee in your thread?
    If you plan on becoming a giftee just make sure you're doing it for all the right reasons. Do it if it makes you feel happy, and don't expect anything in return but a thank you from the people you gift.

Great words from a great Gaian! Thank you, xoClicheOuais for helping out a staggering amount of Gaians in need with the help of Dream Big Dream Magic!

User Image

They say an interview a day keeps the Liam away and instead of simply inviting in just anyone, Gaia 9 Actions News has brought you a fabulous inside look at the mind of beloved shopkeeper and ringmaster [NPC] Loyal!

Great to have you here, Monsieur Loyal!
    It is of course a pleasure to be here. Being featured in a segment like this is almost as nice as being under a brilliant spotlight in the center of a large, dark, somewhat perilous circus tent.

Is there any news from Loyal's Bazaar you're itching to share with us?
    Oui! I've much news to share, indeed! Not only has the devastating bug infestation been tamed down almost entirely, but my beloved Bazaar has recently begun stocking our very own Limited Quantity Items! The beauty, the awe, the demand: C'est magnifique! Truly an art piece to be admired!

I see! Congratulations on the new wares! Not to dismiss your apparent excitement, but I actually had a different matter in mind. You see, Gaia 9 Action News received a tip that the esteemed Monsieur had been on a date recently. Anything you'd care to comment on?
    Ah, of course the paparazzi wants gossip. I should have known you would inquire about the lovely afternoon I spent with the charming user May Soda Be Eternal.

I hear a Mint Ticket was the source of this mysterious meetup. Care to substantiate that?
    Why yes, the arrangement begun with the exchange of a Mint Ticket. We discussed many things, from art to history, to the depth of my extensive collection of literature. We enjoyed a grand time, indeed!

Thank you so much for your time, Loyal! Any parting words for inquisitive Gaians?
    Seek not what you may not wish to find. This applies to all things in life, but especially to secrets.

A cryptic, informative, and useful visit from Loyal! Anyone interested in checking out his latest releases can visit the Ringmaster at his famous shop, Loyal's Bazaar as long as they meet the requirements for entry. It's a prestigious place, and Loyal handles it in style!

That's all for this segment, Gaians. Be sure to visit the Community Update Poll Thread to share your ideas and vote and what you want to see in the next Community Update! Take a peek under the button for a Shout Out from the winner of our last mini-contest, and post in the thread to join our current one! As always, this is Cindy Donovinh, signing out until next time. Stay tuned, Gaians!

Share Your Ideas!

Pickled Cactus
Shoutout to everyone in The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild, where I've stuck around even when I was past the point of being a new Gaian!
Oh and I'm all for Team Carl in the next event. emotion_dowant