Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you planning on contributing to this activity?

Yes! 0.29798179659676 29.8% [ 1506 ]
Maybe... 0.50593589236249 50.6% [ 2557 ]
No 0.19608231104076 19.6% [ 991 ]
Total Votes:[ 5054 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 244 245 246 > >> >>> »|

What Would Your Character Do? Activity
This is an activity that's partly for fun, partly for getting to know your characters, and partly for practice at making up different situations. Those are all good things for writers 3nodding

Basically, this is how it goes:
I start by describing a small scenario, such as a clerk giving the character two dollars too much change.

The next person will reply with a condensed bio of one of their characters (Name, Sex, Age) and then finish the scenario, according to what your character would do if he/she were placed in that situation.
So, if John is an honest saint in financial distress, the scenario may end up with him pondering whether or not to do the right thing and return the spare money, or keep the money because of his financial difficulties. Finally, he may take the cash back to the clerk, or he may pocket the money. Each says something different about John.

Oh, and when you are finished completing the scenario, start a new one for the next person.

Now, enough explaining, and let's give this activity a whirl. I'll just use the example from above:

Your character is shopping at a convenience store, and he/she can't help but notice that the young teenaged clerk gave him/her $2.50 extra in change.

-- Swiffy

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Hmm, which character should I use...? I'll use Shake-chan.

Shake-chan, seeing that the clerk gave her 300 yen (no dollars in Japanese, so I'm estimating ._.) extra, goes back to said clerk and says, "Excuse me, but you gave me 300 yen extra. Here you go."

Bio

Screen name: Shake (from my .hack fic)

A resident of Kansai, she's smarter then people tend to think. She's also honest and open to people.
Name: Kerian Ambros
Bio: A popular guy and skilled martial artist. This guy is handsome and he's got charm, but don't let that fool you he has his dirty thoughts. Cool and collective and not always honest but always trying to be honorable Kerian makes a good friend.

Kerian counts the change and tells the clerk that it's too much. He kicks himself later though when he's two dollars short for that new movie he wanted to see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Scenario:

Your character is trying to fit in at a new school and the popular crowd tells your character to play an awful prank on some poor "loser", after which you will be initiated into their circle of friends.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Ok, here's a senario:

Your character is walking home from somewhere, and a small kitten follows him/her home. What would your character do?

A little drab, but whatever ^_^
Steeple333
Ok, here's a senario:

Your character is walking home from somewhere, and a small kitten follows him/her home. What would your character do?

A little drab, but whatever ^_^

Kerian picks up the kitten and gives it to Serene, some girl that he's quite fond of. Serene is allergic to cat fur and slaps Kerian for making sinuses go crazy with allergies. Kerian goes home upset but later laughs about it.

((Now someone do my scenario, it's up a couple of posts))
Steeple333

Name: Rita

"Whaa?" Rita turned and noticed a small, pitiful kitten mewing. "Go on, you!" she said sternly.
The kitten stared at her.
"I said get on!"
The kitten mewed hungrily.
"GET ON YOU DURNED CAT! I SWEAR IT, IF WE GET ANOTHER CAT! OLD TATTER-EARS IS ENOUGH!"
The kitten mewed.
"Ah fine, I'll give you a bit of scraps, but if old Tatter-Ears kills you it's your own fault."
And of course the kitten will NEVER leave xd

Quote:
Your character is trying to fit in at a new school and the popular crowd tells your character to play an awful prank on some poor "loser", after which you will be initiated into their circle of friends.

"Why the heck would I want to be in your circle when I get any other friends just as easily!" (to her, friends are a luxury)

New Scenario
Your character just lost a bet with his/her worst rival.
Swiftblade

New Scenario
Your character just lost a bet with his/her worst rival.

Tachirou, M, 22

He'd probably get upset, and then pick a fight with him the quickest way he could come up with, with the intention of coming to blows so he could kick his rival's butt and get his anger out. (Maturity overwhelming, huh...? xp ) Then again, he gets into brawls with his rival a lot. whee Of course that's kind of why pretty much nobody in the story actually likes him much.

By the way... I really, really like your sig. 3nodding

Scenario: Your character is confronted by a police officer who mistakes them for a wanted criminal. How does your character react? twisted
Tachirou

Scenario: Your character is confronted by a police officer who mistakes them for a wanted criminal. How does your character react? twisted

BIO:
Name:Cashein

Cashein is a smart-mouthed, and troubled guy. He happens to be a fighting genious and joins the war with his outcast country when he is very young to escape the dysfunctional and abusive family life that he has. At 16 his parents are dead (i'm not giving out spoilers or anything-- even though it won't be read by you guys most likely) and he's living on his own on the other side of the world where people hate him for being from the country that he was (it's a religious thing).

In the scenario Cashein would:

Give a slight grin and look wildly at the officer. "It's possible." He'd say-- being such a badass. "But that man's not me." With that he'd hold up his palm with the small blue cross (a religious symbol) on his palm. The officer-- knowing what this is-- lets him go. It's obvious to the police that he's not the man.

That wouldn't make sense to you so much-- but in my fantasy land that I've created-- it's accurate ^_^.

New Scenario:
Your character is comfronted with a terminal illness. How does he/she react?
New Scenario

Your character is comfronted with a terminal illness. How does he/she react?

Bio.

Mera
Female
She has been living on her own for about four years. She ran away from her mother after a very deep arguement. She killed her best friend, and is still troubled by that scenario. Yet, she pushes it down inside herself, to try to forget the pain. She lives with two men, a small girl, and a bunch of odd creatures in a giant house in the middle of nowhere. She is quite responisble, but doesn't always show it. Mera also has a talent and great interest in magic arts. Not at all is she a depressing girl, but one that loves to run around and play. You can always see her with a smile on her face.

In the above said scenario, Mera would:
First, be very frighented. It would take her a few hours to days to realize it is true. She would defiently do something she always wanted to do, but that would be to die. Since the love of her life is dead, and she has always wanted to feel his touch, she would die to do it. She couldn't commit suicide because that is a mortal sin, and send her to hell. But because she does her magic in the name of God-after seeing him face-to-face-she would just bear it. Finally, going to heaven and seeing her man at last.

.i am so emo.

New Scenario:
Your character discovers that the person they look up to isn't quite that person at all. How does your character react / not react?
Quote:
New Scenario:
Your character discovers that the person they look up to isn't quite that person at all. How does your character react / not react?

Name: Alex
Sex: Male

Alex doesn't really look up to anyone...but he admires Kyo for his good heart, and out-spoken ways, since he himself is evil, a jerk, vicious at times, sadistic, and sometimes very...cryptic...but in all of this, he's usually very calm and collected.

Alex closed his eyes, and counted to ten, at seeing Kyo act so cold-hearted, towards the homeless child. It wasn't like him at all, to Alex, it seemed as though Kyo had pulled a complete 180, and he couldn't control himself.

Before Kyo knew what had happened, Alex had tackled him to the ground, and began furiously punching him, only stopping once Kyo was unconscious, before standing, and without so much as an explination to the others, walked away, as if nothing had happened.

---------
New Scenario:

A new girl moves into town, and while walking home, takes a short cut and runs into the local gang of 'thugs' (I love that word.) who try to mug her, your character walks by, and see's, so they...do what?
Love the idea behind this thread, Swiffy. I did something like this a year ago with my friends. ^^

kuramaAngel
A new girl moves into town, and while walking home, takes a short cut and runs into the local gang of 'thugs' (I love that word.) who try to mug her, your character walks by, and see's, so they...do what?

Name: Zackary Ril'dra Fe'yon
Quick Bio: A noble merchant that keeps his heritage secret. Practical, well travelled and has contacts in many parts of two continents.

Zack would quietly take note of the people and find one of the misc soldiers patrolling about the place. He's not a fighter, and he knows it. If the help arrives too late, and the girl loses her money, then he'd be more than willing to provide monetary compensation for her loss. (not in the mood to do a snippet rp sorta thing like some people did. >_> )

--
New scenario(s): (If they have a childhood friend with them at the time) A random old lady walks up to them and says, "You know what they say about childhood friends. They are destined to fall in love!" before hobbling off.

(If the char doesn't have a childhood friend ;_; ) Someone makes a jab about his/her height/hairstyle/clothing sense/etc.
EDIT: whoops, didn't see the post before mine!
Quote:

New scenario(s): (If they have a childhood friend with them at the time) A random old lady walks up to them and says, "You know what they say about childhood friends. They are destined to fall in love!" before hobbling off.

Bio:
Name: Arec Rem/later he's dubbed as Kit

Kit would stare at the lady strangly and then start making gagging noises and pretend that he's going to barf. While he does that he manages to make rude comments about how old hags should keep to themselves. Earning a well earned slap by his said childhood friend.

New Scenario: Someone has randomly walked up to your character practically begging and pleading for their life for your character to enter a singing contest. What will your character do?
Crisis
New Scenario: Someone has randomly walked up to your character practically begging and pleading for their life for your character to enter a singing contest. What will your character do?

Name: Sam
Sex: FEMALE

Well, for starters she'd probably shoot them, and say "she doesn't sing." Sam's not too feminine a person.

New Scenario: Your character is out shopping when a theif enters and pulls a gun on the cashier. What do they do?
BlackWolf38
Crisis

Name: Sam
Sex: FEMALE

Well, for starters she'd probably shoot them, and say "she doesn't sing." Sam's not too feminine a person.

New Scenario: Your character is out shopping when a theif enters and pulls a gun on the cashier. What do they do?

Name: Malik (not giving last name in fear of being ripped off.)

Real cocky b*****d he is...always acts before he thinks, sorta on impulse, though not the nicest guy...

The click was heard by nearly everyone, and the whole store seemed to freeze, Malik included, but only briefly, before spotting the man with the gun.

Malik glared at them, and without and real explination, they seemed to sense his eyes on them, and looked at him. Malik swiftly ran forward, at seemingly lighting speeds, and knocked the gun from the mans hand, before he had time to register what had happened.

Smirking, he hit the surprised man over the head, before picking up the gun and proceeding to pocket it, before handing a one hundred dollar bill to the cashier and walking out of the store. No sense hanging around and waiting for the police...especially when you're a wanted criminal.

---
New Scinario:

You're character is forced to sit in a 1st grade elementry class, for whatever reason, and the teacher asks if they'll mind the children while said teacher is away, once she's gone your character does what?
kuramaAngel
New Scinario:

You're character is forced to sit in a 1st grade elementry class, for whatever reason, and the teacher asks if they'll mind the children while said teacher is away, once she's gone your character does what?

Name: Aldit Tardis
Bio: Lazy archer. VEEERY lazy archer.

(Technically, my world doesn't have classes, but I think for the purposes of this thread, let's just ignore that. wink )

"Alright, you kids," Al said, leaning back on his chair and putting his feet up on the table while twirling a fork in his hand. "Do what you want, but if you run around screaming your heads off or start drawing on the walls...or anything stupid in general that will disturb my sleep, I won't be happy, got it? And you know what happens when I'm not happy?"

"Wha~at?" chorused the children.

Al held up his fork. "I throw Mr. Fork at you."

--
New Scenario: The big prize the character has been working really hard to get turns out to be...a gigantic fish hat!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff