User Image

Good afternoon, Gaians, and welcome back to another deliciously informative new Community Update segment featuring your intrepid reporter Cindy Donovinh! That's me, folks, and I'm coming to you live from the studio, where I have some fabulous news to share! So stay tuned, stay sharp, and stay right here and let's dive right in!

User Image

The votes have been tallied, and this weeks Avatar Arena champions are decided! Taking first place in the Cosplay Avatar Arena is Yoshi Rolls Into Battle for the delightful submission entitled "Tales of Symphonia: Colette!" Looking fabulous and accurate, as expected from a victor!

The Original Avatar Arena champion for this week is the talented lR lE lD, with an aptly named entry called "Happy New Year!" It's festive, it's detailed, and it's honestly an amazing feat of avatar artistry. Let's give both of our Avatar Arena winners a big congratulations! And be sure to stop in and praise all of the amazing folk who took part in the competition by visiting the Original Avatar Arena Winners Page and the Cosplay Avatar Arena Winners Page!

Next up, we have an exclusive interview with one of our beloved shopkeepers! This time around, I just couldn't decide who to get the latest scoops from. There were too many amazing candidates! So to make a final call, I decided that I would simply interview the first shopkeeper who walked past the studio. I hear footsteps! Who could it be? Maybe I'll speak with Agatha! Perhaps even Ruby! Oh, those are...rather confident stomps...perhaps it's a confident-feeling Louie? Maybe...one of the robots? Oh no...Anyone but-- no no no no no no. UGH. Maybe we should just cancel the--

User Image

Cindyyyyyy. Lookin' good! Are we on air right now? This goin' out to all of Gaia at once?

Hello Liam. It's an absolute delight to have here with us today.
    Sure is! Look at these traps. Hoo! *flex* Hnng! Woof.

Anything in particular you're looking to share with us today?
    If you keep acting so robotic, all the steaminess radiating off my bod will make you rust over. Have you ever thought about finding yourself a handsome, funny, eloaq--elocuti-- elen- eloqui-- ...really well spoken co-host?

*sigh*
    Good question Cindy! Great one! Anyways, I'm here today to announce that 2014 has finally ended, so the applications for "Liam's Annual Awards" have just opened up. It's a pretty prestigious program, so I'd start the application process right now if you're at all interested.

Oh! There's actual news to be had! Can you elaborate a little further on Liam's Annual Awards?
    Oh wow, dig that enthusiasm! In fact, you've just won the award for Cutest Reporter Lady, and then in subtext, you know like, after a colon: Good At News. Just meet me later at that nice cafe on the corner and I'll have that certificate all ready to go!

Oh gosh! I'm so flattered, I'll have to prepare, but, wow! I mean-- hey, wait. Are you just trying to get me to go on a date with you?
    Nope. It's an Award. Collect it at a nice restaurant. I'll pay the bill.

I see. Why are the rewards only given out annually? Wouldn't you want to use this trick more than once per year?
    Chicks would fall for it more than once?! Oh man! I've hit a freakin' GOLD MINE!

*groan*
    That's a great point Cindy. Anything else to add? Wow, you're the best at interviewing.

I think it's about time we moved on to another segment.
    Do you feel that chemistry? Man! It was great being on the show, Cindy. In fact, I've just invited myself to become a regular guest. I'll be back next week for another star appearance!

I, er, think we have other guests lined up, actually.
    Oh man do I know that feeling. Too much of a good thing, am I right? See you next week! Next week is when I'm coming back. Peace!

New proposal Gaians: Let's never let fate decide who our interviewee is again! From now on, it's scheduled appearances only! Luckily, this is the segment where Gaians get to submit votes on what sort of content they'd like to see next. I've gone ahead and set up an amazing new Community Update Thread for you to vote on your favorite subjects and discuss them among your fellow Gaians! This week, there's a special mini-contest running as well! Just click that shiny yellow button below to be whisked away to this week's fantastic activities. Until next time, this is Cindy Donovinh. Gaia 9 Action News. Stay tuned!

Share Your Ideas!