Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Opening soon!!!!

Hello and welcome! Here are the answers to a few of the questions posted in our pre-event thread!

Quote:
Features

With any possible updates to gofusion coming in the near future, could we get an evaluation of the charm cost for some of the craftings? Many of the items that have been added are cost prohibitive for many Gaians, and make the feature less enjoyable.

Yes, we will evaluate it.

Quote:
Manga

More so mini-comics. Can there be more of these? I find that the mini comics gives other shopkeeper NPC time to shine.

Right now, our priority is making sure that our next chapter in the Airship Saga has its first pages ready to be released later this month. When there's time, we'll definitely update in the future with more mini-comics.

Quote:
Items

Can you please update the items being granted by the Pink/Blue/Brown Giftboxes as well as the Golden/Wooden Trunks? They're so outdated!

We can look into updating these with more recent items and make an announcement when they've been modified.

Quote:
Items

Lately you've been making items with unique hand pose mods attached to a shirt or jacket that use just the default skin tones (A-F). This alienates those of us who use event skins, body dyes, and skin poses within items that aren't made in one of the default skin colors. What happened to making those types of body mods work with other skin colors on Gaia or is this a sign that you're moving away from skin poses in colors that are not one of the default skin tones? Because the longer you guys continue to do this the more items aren't going to be purchased if those poses aren't usable by everyone.

Unfortunately, the transparent arm mods that allow for multiple skin tones are especially difficult to implement because they require catching onto a piece of the base skin that is not heavily shaded or otherwise impacted by other items, and therefore limit the diversity of poses that can be created. As such, the recent arm mods with various skin tones as different arm positions are our compromise. We try to include black or white versions where possible, but given that we have so many different additional alternate skin tones, it's nearly impossible to be 100% inclusive with these types of arm mods. However, whenever it's possible to use the transparent arm mods, you bet we'll go with that option instead!

Quote:
Shops

D*C was once for beautiful, limited items at a very high gold cost.
Could the LQI be reinstated for this?

Yes, we can definitely do this in the near future!

Quote:
Items
What is going on with zOMG items, recipes, power ups, and rings

We will have an update for you next Wednesday regarding recipes, your existing rings, and other zOMG exclusive elements.
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Post Template
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • events
  • manga
  • Misc - More personal questions can go here!
Games

Shot in the dark here.
With a subject beaten to death...

Do you think with enough vested interest, people would be willing to support Zomg via a real Kickstarter (using the kickstarter site)?

I know that it will probably take a major overhaul to fix that game.
Rewriting or writing complete new codes.
It would take developers, artist, game designers etc.
But I've seen some pretty odd things being successfully funded (potato salad anyone?).

A real Kickstarter can't do too much harm
Since unsuccessfully funded projects will return money to the "lender".

Zomg is such a unique feature it would be terrible to see it completely lost.

~You would need a base price for roughly how much it would cost to overhaul the game.
~~~quotes from people willing to work on it
~~~~reward tiers which could simply be in game items/rewards

But the main things you would need are interest, and a promise that the funds will go directly to Zomg.

Thoughts?

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Art/Misc.?

scullylam and myself are considering making a fanmade art book for zOMG! May we please get permission to do such a thing?

scullylam
Proposal: zOMG! A Fanmade Art Book

With the closure of zOMG!, it leaves many fans of the game at a loss. Such a loss there is no telling how everyone will cope. A proposal for my sake and those fellow zOMGaians who loved the game, an artbook.

1. With permission from Gaia Interactive, create a traditional book with art, stories, and other materials based and inspired by zOMG! and the characters owned by the company.

2. Work alongside past Gaia Interactive artists to bring more information on the game and its artwork. With permission, publish their sketches and designs in the book.

3. In the book, it will be separated in the followimg:
- About: The background about zOMG!
- Fanmade: Art: Stories: Creations: Misc.
- Official: Works published/owned by Gaia and past staff
- Dedication: Any notes from fans, staff that want to share anything in regards to the game and the creation of this book.

4. Publishing of this book is through Blurb, where anyone may purchase not-for-profit. Alternatives will be sought. An e-book may be available as well.

5. If permitted, a glossary of zOMG! items and worlds. Taking all official items and world of zOMG! into perspective. This could be at the end of the Official section or a part of it.

Skilled Genius

Features: (bugs & fixes)
So sometimes when following certain links, such as http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.94469113_9/?_gaia_t_=4896&mygntcid=544877 the gaia-modal has set an absurd position top value, such as 5317.53px for no reason. When changing pages in a thread where there are even less and/or shorter posts than the previous page, it causes the page to scroll seemingly endlessly. Also multiple modals are added to the page (all receive the same CSS top value).

Steps to recreate:
  1. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.94469113_9/?_gaia_t_=4896&mygntcid=544877
  2. Go to page 2
  3. scroll and scroll and scroll

Please fix your JavaScript, a simple if-statement to check if the top value is larger than the height of the post_container when the PJAX event is finished would solve it. neutral
Here’s a simple pure JS solution I came up with in just a few minutes
var postContainer = document.querySelector('#post_container')
var modals = document.querySelectorAll('.gaia-modal-modul')
Array.prototype.forEach.call(modals, function (modal) {
var modalTop = parseFloat(modal.style.top.replace('px', ''))
if (modalTop > postContainer.clientHeight) {
modal.style.top = ((postContainer.clientHeight / 2) - (modal.clientHeight)).toString() + 'px'
}
})

Of course you can use whatever calculation you want to set the height, that's just what I used for this purpose.

Familiar Lunatic

Games

What brought your attention to zOMG! in the first place?

I mean in the chronology given you've only found the critical flaw after taking it down which does not explain why you had to take it down to begin with. It goes like this:

1- Somehow heard about or found bad-enough problems in zOMG!
2- Took the game down to look into those
3- Found something worse
4- Tragedy ensued

I can't puzzle step 1...so, I repeat, what was the initial event that got this ball rolling?

Romantic Prophet

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
b]FeaturesFeatures

Question: Do you plan on closing down aquariums as well?

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Today will be my last day at Gaiaonline. I find it fitting timing since I joined Gaiaonline because of zOMG! to leave because of it now. It will always hold a special part of my heart and it was my favorite and first MMO. I knew when I joined that the game was in trouble since I joined Gaiaonline on February 10th, 2010 after my brother had told me that Qixter had left zOMG! I came from the Sims 2 community and I was always frustrated with that game that I couldn’t kill the gnomes and flamingos in it. My brother showed me village greens and I became hooked on the game and happy I could seek revenge on them. Since then I’ve been able to crew with my brother and sister and met many friends along the way. zOMG! saved my life and helped me get through many difficult times with my fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and chronic back pain. I liked that the game was casual enough to not cause me stress, yet silly enough to make me laugh. I guess I was one of the hardcore players since I was able to find time to play every day. I still remember the drunk nights of smebbing seeing Marshall look all swirly which was extremely funny. I did a personal record time of most time spent on Gaia with the 36 hour run in Dead Man’s Shadow for my first Kamila Bloodlust kill and wanted to quit to sleep, but friends kept me going. The community, the experience, and pure silliness is what I loved most about the game.

I’m not mad at you Gaia for closing the game, just disappointed. I actually want to thank past staff [ JK ] and s2b2 for keeping the game going as long as it did. I no longer find an entertainment and social value on Gaiaonline, so I will seek it elsewhere with Aura Kingdom and a Gaian run site recolor.me in case you want to record the stats and reasons why Gaians leave the site. Only advice I can give you Gaia is to listen to your user base because if you don’t try to compromise with them, then they will not support you financially and retention will decrease. They pay for the experience not just the virtual avatar products. I’ve read Gaia compare themselves to a supermarket and a pool with a snack bar before, but if all they offer is an ATM machine with rows of moldy food aka site features, they will seek competitor sites. Gaia Interactive is a service company first with just virtual product perks second. So long and thanks for all the fish Gaia. Continue to be as passionate, smart, and creative as you are community and never feel scared to fight for your favorite feature in a civil manner. I know many of you are different and have different tastes and opinions, but at the end of the day you are all one awesome community of Gaians.

Features

Since zOMG! is one of the newer features of the site, wouldn’t everything else on the site be a huge security risk considering how many more years the coding for them hasn’t been updated?

Skilled Genius

Features: (bugs & fixes)
Tipping results in NaN being added into the gold amount. It's very simple to fix. Update the current updateGoldAmount() JavaScript function in the tipping.js file. The problem is you're grabbing not only the gold count, but also the span element that wraps around the gold count inside the gold amount wrapper
Steps to recreate:
  • Try tipping somebody
  • Look at gold count - NaN

Before:
function updateGoldAmount() {
var el = Dom.get('go1d_amt'),
totalGold = el.innerHTML;
totalGold = totalGold.replace(/,*/g, '');
totalGold = parseInt(totalGold, 10) - 25;
el.innerHTML = numberFormat(totalGold);
return true;
}

After: (also removed the asterisk and backslash because it's not needed)
function updateGoldAmount() {
var el = Dom.get('go1d_amt'),
totalGold = el.textContent;
totalGold = totalGold.replace(/,/g, '');
totalGold = parseInt(totalGold, 10) - 25;
el.innerHTML = numberFormat(totalGold);
return true;
}

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Items
Could we get recolors of housing items, like we do of wearble items?
Also thank you so much for rereasling some of the cash shop furnature in Old Fishing Hole RIG!

Anxious Exhibitionist

Misc.

First of all, yes, I am sad to see zOMG! go, but I understand that it had to be done. Now here's a controversial question. Why wasn't it taken down sooner?

On June 16th, we were told, "In a few weeks time we'll be shutting the game down in order to repair a critical issue that could potentially affect many Gaians playing the game."

It wasn't until September 30th that the game was taken down, three and a half months later.

On November 6th, it was revealed, "Particularly we were addressing some critical vulnerabilities in the server infrastructure", implying that Gaia was aware of what the issue was when the first announcement was made.

November 7th, we were given more clarification that "...during an investigation into issues with zOMG!, it was discovered that zOMG! had a serious flaw in the code. Basically, there was a security exploit in the game that, had it been abused (and thankfully it wasn't!), would have allowed people not only access to zOMG!, but to our site's servers and ultimately, to all your accounts."

On to the question: On June 16th, was Gaia really aware (as announcements seem to imply) that zOMG! had a hole allowing people to potentially access the website's servers and all of our accounts? Did Gaia really leave the game up for three and a half months while being aware of this massive security issue? If so, why? What caused the delay in shutting the game down if Gaia was aware of this?

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
features

Will neko nook and other mini-ci be put into go fusion?

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Items
Is there any chance caches, and alchemy ingredients will ever be wearable?
I want to wear some of those items so much!

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Items

While the new pink is nice, can we start getting saturated pink items again (Happy Melody pink)? I've loved the looks of several items released lately, but it seems most pink items are colored with brown/cream/tan in mind, rather than neutral colors like white/gray/black. The brown-based pallet reduces the ability to create well-balanced colorful avatars.

P.S. - Light blue items would be nice too. emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces