User Image

Hello, Scienteers! Sciencalists? I need a better word for someone below an esteemed scientist, but above a mere science enthusiast. What would you say to "Sciencers?" Hello, Sciencers! It is yet another brisk autumn day, perfect for scouting out new developments in our beloved Evolving Items, and for learning to science up a cup of hot chocolate! Some may say that's a misuse of lab equipment and precious resources, but it's like, why not have hot chocolate made from deeply genetically modified cocoa beans that make you glow in the dark and ooze semi-safe levels of radioactive material if you have that kind of technology? It's a waste not to do it. Innovation at work, I say! But let's not tarry any further, it's time to see the next development of the fascinating L'Histoire de Mephiste!

User Image

User ImageL'Histoire de Mephiste

"My lady," Saffron said, their voice rich and warm. "I have heard rumors that the princess of the dark ylves is beautiful, though seldom seen. I am honored to confirm it with my own eyes. My heart is glad."

Briar stood speechless, her eyes alight but strangely empty. Protocol dictated that she nod respectfully and not respond, but all those cold traditions had been discarded. In its place, consuming desire remained. Saffron was beautiful. Saffron belonged to her. They all belonged to her.

Briar stepped forward and spoke, but her voice was not her own.

~"Your heart..."~

A shadow seemed to spread over Briar's face, the curse dripping from her fingertips like blood. A terrified murmur spread through the court, and the attending guards, confused, drew their blades. "Princess...?" Saffron whispered.

~"We are Mephiste. We have waited. We will have our birthright..."~

It happened so quickly that at first it seemed the court had fainted all at once. Every last dark ylf sank to the floor, and as their lifeblood spread in pools over the ground, their fates became clear. Saffron looked at the thing that had been the princess with absolute horror. Her body hovered in the air, surrounded by countless shadow hands, each gripping a still-beating ylven heart in their claws. Blood ran down her body in rivers.

~"Join us for the feast..."~ Mephiste hissed, its shadows reaching toward Saffron.

The Crown of Aurelian held out their graceful hands, and for a moment it seemed they would touch... but a sudden, blinding burst of light erupted from Saffron's body into the chamber. Every corner filled with the sun's burning blaze. Mephiste uttered a furious, unearthly shriek as the light scorched its shadowy flesh. Split into a thousand screaming pieces, the demon fled from the light to the world's most secret shadows. Hidden, at least for the moment.

The dark ylves had perished with the breaking of their unholy bargain, but for the first time in centuries, the sun rose over the castle walls...

Sadly, that's all I have for this week, but rest assured I'll be back again as soon as there is more science to be done! Please remember to vote in our Weekly EI Poll and show some love for your favorites. See you soon, Sciencers!

Check It Out!

Need some Gaia Cash? Stock up online or get instant Cash via PayPal!