User Image

Friday, Friday! You gotta get your science on when it's Friday! I have so many exciting evolutions to show you today that I feel like I might burst with joy! I feel like my research has never been more pertinent, Gaians. Especially since I've recently partnered up with Rina -- you know, the loud girl with all the flowers and pies -- to create a brand new Evolving Item based on a popular Monthly Collectible. Fusion, Gaians! It's totally possible! Enough stalling. Let's take a look at M's Sketchbook and witness the debut of Rookie's Pursuit!

User Image

User ImageM's Sketchbook: Guilt actually begins to make you sweat as you sneak another step closer. Tip toeing enough to see a lacy sketch of a headband, you eye the girl warily. Luckily, she continues to ignore your existence. “They’re just pretty, that’s why. Oh. Yeah, well, not everyone likes hime bangs, so that’s why the bangs are there. Oh, the hairpins? It’s not a glitch. It’s supposed to work like that. I’m not sure if it’ll be a successful pose, but yeah, decided to go ahead and make it anyway. Nah, I’m pretty sure it’s okay to do. Maybe. If not, then I dunno. I’m sure people won’t actually get it until way later anyway.” The content of her conversation becomes more and more cryptic. In fact, you have no idea what she’s talking about. From the doodle on her sketchbook, it looks like just a regular hairclip with a ton of notes scribbled on the side. Sadly, the words are impossible to make out, seeing how they resemble chicken scratch.

User ImageRookie's Pursuit: "Hey, Rookie! You got some mail!"

Minerva glanced up as one of her associates tossed a letter on to her small, cramped desk. She wished people would stop calling her a rookie. Being known in the office as a “Rookie Detective” made people even less likely to take her seriously. Probably didn’t help that she still hadn’t uncovered any leads in the Striking Thief case, despite the fact that she had been working on it for months now. Exhaling an exasperated sigh, Minerva reached for the letter and turned it over slowly in her hands. No return address, and she didn’t recognize the handwriting. Hardly looked like any letter she’d ever seen before, either. Who the heck sent out black envelopes tied with blue ribbons? Brow furrowing, Minerva warily sniffed at the letter. Didn’t smell strange, at least.

Curiosity finally overcame her natural suspicions, and Minerva gingerly worked the seal of the envelope open. A small card flittered delicately into her lap as the envelope fell open; it was about the size of a playing card, entirely white save for a black emblem she didn’t recognize. She stared at it for a moment, puzzled, before she directed her gaze back to the letter itself. Written in a tidy, flowing script were the following words:

"The Spellbound Sapphire necklace, Minauderie Manor, at the masquerade ball four moons from tonight."

Minerva knew then exactly who the letter was from. Tightening her jaw, she reached for her bag and stuffed both the letter and the card inside. Did the Thief mean to taunt her? Seething, Minerva stomped past her colleagues, determined to catch the elusive criminal once and for all. Even if it meant wearing a gown and heels for a night…

“Where are you going?” called one gumshoe as she stormed past.

“The masquerade ball!”

The door slammed behind her as the other detectives shared a befuddled look, the office momentarily lapsed into silence.

“Pfft. Yeah, right. She’ll totally fit in.” scoffed one.

After a good laugh the senior detectives returned to their work, happy to let the rookie distract herself on her wild goose chase.

Ooh! I have chills! Is anyone else as intrigued as I am? Who is the mysterious person M is talking to? Why does M seem so obstinate? And will Minerva be able to master the art of dancing in heels? Only one way to find out, Gaians! Stay tuned for next Friday's report, and be sure to vote in our Weekly EI Poll to make your opinions known! You can check out all these great EIs and more in La Victoire. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Need some Gaia Cash? Stock up online or get instant Cash via PayPal!