User Image

Friday is here, and this week has been an absolute landmark in the world of safety in science! We managed to only have fifteen minor explosions in the Labs, only nine of which were unplanned. I’d like to personally thank Donny the Intern for all his hard work in promoting safety here at the Evolving Item Labs, and wish him tons of luck in his newly assigned position as the only intern on the Experimental Methods to Increase Intern Efficiency and Subservience team! Good luck there, buddy. Anyway, this week has also seen amazing progress in the world of Evolving Items! Monstrosity is continuing to impress me with its totally ethical approach to science, and Haute Modena has reached its stunning conclusion!

User Image

User ImageMonstrosity: A large section of the journal is blacked out. Scribbles and bits of text to the sides reveal it may have been a set of equations and schematics. The next entry is dated several weeks after.

"At last, I have my equipment running, ██████████ ████ ████████ and the subject of my experiment is ready. ████████████████ ████████ ████ ██ █████ ████████. ██ ████ █████ and collecting the components proved to be the most difficult; the ████████ assembly itself was straightforward, even enjoyable in a strange way. I suppose it is improper to admit so in my documentation, but I trust that those of you who have read this far are like-minded scientists, and you can understand the pleasure of seeing through a grand idea.

And such a grand idea! Such a miracle I will perform, in only a few short days, a miracle on par with the work of God himself! Mankind will rejoice when this discovery is known, when this, the greatest enemy of man, is defeated, and soon all worship will be turned to science and knowledge and truth! Oh imagine, the day in history when death itself was no more...

Ah, but I get ahead of myself... First, yes first, the experiment must succeed. It, HE, must awaken."

User ImageHaute Modena: The fashion world had been absolutely abuzz with excitement over the upcoming runway show. Not only was it to feature the most incredible haute couture of the season, but the models walking the runway were simply the best in the world! Meilland was hardly surprised that his darling Elina was chosen to be among the select few. On the day of the fashion show, Meilland took his coveted front row seat at the side of the runway and watched as Elina appeared from behind the scrim. The beautiful model gracefully wafted past him as Meilland stared, smug in his newfound success, when Elina suddenly froze at the end of the runway. A chill crawled up his spine as the sweet scent of burgundy roses drifted in the air. His eyes widened as he realized that walking towards Elina was none other than Etoile. Everyone stared in awe as she calmly made her way down the runway, the audience seemingly entranced by her beauty. A jealous sneer crossed Elina’s face as Etoile moved to stand beside her, and Meilland could take no more.

“No! I killed you!” he screamed, enraged. Etoile simply smiled as she took a step back, her back to the edge of the runway, and fell. Her head struck the ground with a thud identical to the first time Meilland had pushed her. Panting and shivering, Meilland suddenly realized he was no longer in his chair -- rather, he was standing above Etoile’s crumpled body. Only it wasn’t Etoile anymore: his beautiful Elina now laid at his feet, broken and bleeding and utterly lifeless. The audience was screaming, everyone was in a panic. “You pushed her! You pushed them both!” Meilland heard someone yell. And at that moment, Meilland felt a chill flow out of his body, the familiar perfume of roses slowly starting to fade. All he heard was Etoile’s laugh, sweet and yet somehow mocking, ringing in his ears.

Wasn’t that spectacular, kids? It’s sad to see Haute Modena go, but I think that finale was totally worth it. And who knows what next week will bring? I certainly won’t until I get that stupid time machine up and running. But nevertheless, be sure to take a good look at all these beauties over at La Victoire, and don’t forget to vote in this week’s EI Poll! See you next Friday!