Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Look in post 1 and tell me what style you like better?

gold option 0.5 50.0% [ 7 ]
old style (pillow shaded) 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 2 ]
new style (proper pixel shading) 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 1 ]
no preference 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 77 78 79 > >>

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

((OOC: This whole thread should be considered as part of the Bulletin Board system, so should any announcement or sticky thread in the guild.))

October 26, 2013: I sort of forgot about the shop. School and work ate me earlier in the year and then I just felt bleh about coming back because so much art to redo. Work has also been super stressful which has my creative side uninterested in just about everything.
I know I owe someone stuff, I'll get it done, just need to do up a cert and I'll have them out.
November, 17, 2012: Now have a comparison of the character bases with pillow shading (old style) & proper shading (new style).
User Image
I still like both styles, but (imo, at least) pillow shading looks more in the style of Animal Crossing graphics. I might just pillow shade everything, not only is it easier (making creation of things faster) but it has other advantages. It does resemble the in-game art style more and it will make recoloring the bases easier (both on me, for CYO stuff and for when I open the pixel bases up for using as 'paper' doll type things - after I recover/redraw the original art).
November 16, 2012: I have done some pixeling for the shop but I have found some old bases I had in a mini shop for Animal Crossing. They are pillow shaded, but still cute (in my opinion at least). So you guys can choose which you'd prefer me to use. The new style are in the November 11, 2012 update below. Old style is in this update.
User Image User Image
November 11, 2012: It is possible that my computer is fine and the problem is my power cord (or the hook up). I lack the funds to fix it or have my files transferred elsewhere. So, in the mean time I am fiddling with pixel things for the shop. If I decide to go the pixel rout then any and all pixel characters will be transferred to the drawn art once I get it back or redraw it. When this happens the pixel art will be released as a 'paper' doll type thing where owners can dress up their characters as mini certs. I'll even allow recoloring and edits. I may even allow them to be sent as grams.
User Image User Image
My pixel skills (such as they are) are extremely rusty and hair is something I have always struggled with. Suggestions and other constructive comments are appreciated.
Or, better yet, if you take pixel commissions I'd be willing to buy a set of Animal Crossing bases from you. Please PM me if so.
November 4, 2012: My computer has died and I have no funds to get it fixed or replaced. Or to replace photoshop. I also did not have the .psd files saved anywhere. The good news is my mom is letting me borrow her old laptop, the down side is she has only MS Paint on it and I have no idea where my tablet instillation disks are.
Right now I am debating between putting the shop on hiatus until I can get a new computer and photoshop or just transferring everything over to pixels. Both have a down side, I'll need to redraw all the art in both cases, but for pixeling its not something I am very good at. Bases, clothing and such I'm decent with, it is hair and fur I struggle with. So if I decide to go the pixel rout I may just hire a pixel artist to do all the bases, meaning all customs would be limited to small things I can do and stock edits.

"Hello and welcome to Maple City. My name is Zenda and I'm here to help you adjust to the move." Zenda smiles sweetly at you. "If you are new, please read all of paged one and two of this thread. The guild also has threads with useful information." Zenda points at City Hall. "If you still have questions feel free to ask."

"Maple City is populated by Humans and Animals. We are a very large city as well. Actually, Maple City is not only a city but a county that includes several other cities and small towns." She hands you a map. ((map image coming)) "You can find many things to do here, shopping, dining, hiking and camping, swimming and fishing. And, of course, to perches a home just talk to Tom Nook." She points down the road. "His shop is down that way, and payments are made here at City Hall. City Hall also acts as a post office and bank." Zenda nods at the building they are standing in front of. "Well here's your map, I hope you enjoy your stay."

Proposal: Fix/Remove Image Caching (work around posted by Panagrammic)

My other shops:
User ImageUser Image

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Rules & Bells

Rules
1. Gaia rules & ToS apply. B/C forum and art/mini shop forum rules apply.
2. No drama whores.
3. I don't care how you type, as long as we can understand you.
3a. In RolePlay, contest entries, flatsales, flaffles, raffles and other posts where you are attempting to win a pet/item/neighbor/flower/tree you must type in proper English.
4. All art is made by me, unless stated otherwise. Any art not created by me is used with the artist's permission. Other credits will be listed as needed (banners, templates, etc). Do not steal or claim you made art, layout or ideas.
4a. Animal Crossing is copyright to Nintendo.
5. Do not edit art. Resizing is fine and cropping, but do not recolor, add items, or in anyway redraw any part of the art.
6. Don't be an a**.

Naming Rule
Characters, custom Neighbors and neighborhoods can have almost any name. Here is a list of things that cannot be names or be in names.
-cuss words
-racial slurs or other derogatory words
-names of official Animal Crossing NPCs and Neighbors. This is a case by case basis. So a Character can be named Bob but a customed Neighbor cannot.
-religious references
-Neighbors may not share names, but Characters can.
-sexually explicit words and ideas
-anything that is over a PG-13 rating

Maple City Bells
Maple City Bells (aka Bells) are the currency used to buy items. Gaia gold is used for Character/Special Neighbor payment and recert fees.
Here are some ways to obtain Bells:
-Buy them with Gaia gold in lots of 100 Bells for 100 Gaia gold.
-Sell items to Tom Nook or other NPC shop owners. In this case buy back prices are 1/4 the selling price. Special items will have higher prices. All buy back prices will be listed.
-Sell items to other Characters. In this case it is between you and the other owner to decide price.
-Shake trees or hit rocks. This will be done via RnG.
-Sell fruit, turnips and other plants. This will also be done with RnG.
-Random events done via RnG or dice games.
-Letters may contain Bells instead of items. Your Character's mother will send 1,000 Bells on his or her birthday and New Year's Day.
-Plant Bell trees. This will rely on the RnG to determine if the tree is a regular tree or a Bell tree. It will require a second RnG to determine the number of Bells dropped. Bell trees will be like fruit trees and regenerate once a week. Bell trees will always drop a random number of bells, something between 100 and 300.

Under no circumstances are you to offer or ask for real money, Bells/items from an official Animal Crossing game, or currency from another forum (i.e. Zantarni, Midorea) in exchange for Bells, items or services from this shop or other character owners in this shop.

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Announcements

Jan. 21, 2012: Valentine's Day grams are up. See page 2.
Jan. 14, 2012: Setting up thread. Working on completing neighbor and NPC art and a GO event.

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Maple City is set in the world of a video game called Animal Crossing. It blends the GameCube, DS and wii versions together, as well as adds bits from my own mind. I may add in bits from the 3DS version, once I can find information on it. I am also open to suggestions, and will use ones that I like. Or put it to a vote and see who among the regulars likes them.

I'll get a map up her someday. But it will be bad, I am fail at map drawing.

Places:
-City Hall
Located in Down Town, this is where Mayor Tortimer runs all the official City and Town things. Including festivals and other events. City Hall contains a bank and post office, in addition to Mayor Tortimer's office and a city wellness office and Boondox outreach office.
-Post Office
In each neighborhood and town there is a post office, there is also a bank as well.
-Police Office
In each neighborhood and town there is a police office, inside is where you find the lost and found.
-Dump/Recycling center
This is a huge area at one end of Maple City. Here people come to dump their trash, or recycle properly labeled items.
-Faraway Museum
The main branch is located across the street from City Hall. There are smaller branches in the towns, but those living in the city must go Down Town to visit. Donations of fossils, bugs, paintings, fish, gyroids, shells and flowers may be made. Other items may be accepted as well, to ask talk to Blathers in the main branch.
-Nook's Cranny
This is Tom Nook's shop. Right now it is very small and offers a limited selection of goods. Tom Nook has branches of his shop in every neighborhood and town. All are run by various family.
-GracieGrace
This shop is located Down Town and sells the finest couture made by Gracie herself. Be aware, her prices are outrageous.
-Redd's Black Market
Also located Down Town is Redd's shop. Only those with an invitation may enter, Redd is very exclusive and not very trusting. Or trustworthy. >.>
-Shampoodle
Harriet's salon, she'll cut, color and style your hair. Her shop is located Down Town, but Harriet is looking for talented stylists to expand her business. She'd love to have a salon in every neighborhood and town.
-The Roost
Located in the basement of the Faraway Museum, the main branch and town branches, here is where you can have fine coffee and tea. Maybe even finely baked pastries as well. Randomly K.K. Slider will appear, look for his scheduled posted behind the counter, and play music for all who want to hear. He may even give out free bootlegged versions of his songs.
((I'll add in the rest later. So much to remember D: ))

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Characters & Neighbors

Each person is limited to 2 neighborhoods and 1 town.
Neighborhoods have a limit of 8 characters, 13 regular neighbors and 8 special neighbors.
Towns do not currently have limits, other then you are only allowed 1 special neighbor per character.
Shop and RP activity may raise limits for number of neighborhoods, towns and special neighbors owned. Active is a total of 2 RP things (posts, logs, journal entries, letters* to neighbors, characters & NPCs) and or a few posts in this shop each month.
*If you own both characters then this rises to 3 letters.

User ImageCharacters
Characters are the Human inhabitants of Maple City, and are player controlled.
Characters are Human and for now will have a set base. I plan to have alternate base poses at some point. Characters will not be shaded, I like the simplistic look and think it fits the art and Animal Crossing better. These Characters are the pet and are single stage males or females.

Characters cannot breed*, but their clothes, accessories and hair styles/colors may be changed.
*At this time there is planning in the works for Character and Neighbor breeding. Couples that will work are Character x Character, Neighbor x Neighbor and Character x Neighbor. In the last option the babies will be furries, so if you do not want that do not breed Characters with Neighbors.

-Characters have faces set to what you get in Animal Crossing: Wild World. However, eye color may change. Gender is not determined by face style, so girls can have boy faces and boys can have girl faces.
-Clothing and hair styles are gender neutral, so boys can wear girl stuff and girls can wear boy stuff.
-All Characters start out with 1,000 Bells in their pockets and 0 Bells in their Post Office Bank account.User Image

Methods of obtainment:
-Premade Characters will be offered via speed flat, raffle or flaffle.
For premade Characters you get to pick name and neighborhood name. Clothes will depend on my mood, sometimes premades will come in a premade outfit. Sometimes I'll let you pick from the commons (any item you can order from Nook's catalog in AC: WW). Sometimes I'll allow custom colors of commons. Complete custom outfits for premades will be available later on, via the Able Sister's shop.
-Random custom Characters will be offered via CYOA with an RnG twist or other RnG games.
These Characters have looks (hair color/style, face and skin tone) picked with RnG. You pick gender, name and neighborhood name.
-Semi customs and full customs. These will be offered in random ways. Here is information regarding customs.

Sometimes I'll allow Characters from games and contests to have changes to skin tone, eye color and hair color.

Each Character who creates their neighborhood or town starts out with 3 Regular Neighbors that you can pick from who is available. Characters moving into an existing neighborhood get 1 Regular Neighbor. All Regular Neighbors are free.

Any Character can have hair style and color, outfit, eye color and accessory changes.

All Characters and Neighbors, and the permanent NPCs, live in Maple City. Each Character lives in his or her own neighborhood or town that you name. If one person has multiple Characters then they may all share the same neighborhood or town, see limits above for populations. Neighbors will not duplicate, so if Bob lives in Character A's neighborhood then Bob cannot also live in Character B's neighborhood.
Regular Neighbors and Characters can move into new neighborhoods or towns. If they move into a neighborhood or town owned by a different person then ownership of the Character or Regular Neighbor will change.
Every time a Character visits another Character's neighborhood or town there is a chance of Regular Neighbors moving, up to 2 (1 from each neighborhood/town) per visit. I will do this via RnG or dice rolls when a RolePlay is completed. If you request specific Regular Neighbors to move then there will be no RnG or dice involved. Special Neighbors will never move.

Character Face & Hair guides.
Boys can have girl faces and or hair. Girls can have boy faces and or hair.
User Image User Image User Image User Image
Click for full size.

Neighbors
Neighbors of all types are Maple City's version of a familiar. Only not quite, since AC's neighbors and NPCs are basically furries.
There are 3 kinds of neighbors; Regular Neighbors, Special Neighbors and Limited Edition Neighbors.
-Regular Neighbors are official neighbors from Animal Crossing, AC: Wild World and AC: City Folk. These neighbors are always free.
-Special Neighbors are customs and CosPlays from various media as well as your personal collection pets and/or Original Characters. These neighbors have a fee, depending on how you obtain them. They may also be offered free through various means.
-Limited Edition Nighbors, aka LE Neighbors, were first seen in the Grunny Invasion. They work like items, or in the case of grams as sig candy, until you assign them to a neighborhood or town. Each LE Neighbor release will be limited to a time frame and you will always be able to claim as many as you want, with in reason. After this time frame (i.e. expired) is up the only way to get that specific LE Neighbor or set of LE Neighbors is breeding (once it is up), getting a gift from someone who has them (no begging) or trading (only expired LE Neighbors can be traded, again no begging). There is no limit to how many LE Neighbors can be assigned to one neighborhood or town, with in limits.User Image

Each neighborhood and town starts with 3 Regular Neighbors. Most of the time I'll allow you to pick them, though some are already in Maple City, Here is a list of unavailable Regular Neighbors. If you cannot or do not want to pick your first 3, I'll grab them at random. Regular Neighbors will randomly move in, even if you never add another Character. You have no choice over these. With each new Character that moves into your neighborhood or town 1 new Regular Neighbor will move in too. Weather you choose this neighbor or not is up to my mood. I'll add this information in with each new batch of Characters to home.

User ImageFor a Neighbor to move a visit RP first needs to be completed. Once it is I will RnG between 1 and 2. 1 means there will be someone moving, 2 means no one will move. Again I'll RnG between 1 and 2. 1 means only 1 Neighbor will move, 2 means 2 Neighbors will move (one from each neighborhood). Then I'll make up a raffle style list of each neighborhood's Neighbors and RnG to see who moves.

Alternately, if a visit RP is intended in getting 1 or 2 specific Neighbors to move then let me know and he/she/they will be the only ones moving.
Special Neighbors, aka custom Neighbors made for a specific person (i.e. based on a collection pet) will never move.

You can obtain a BFF photo (different from the moving photo) via writing to a neighbor, visiting them, giving them things and running errands for them.

Neighbors, of both types, are different here. You can actually do things with them like fishing, fossil hunting and anything. This is done by having your Character write a journal entry on what he/she did with the neighbor. Please keep the neighbor's personality in mind when doing this. So a grumpy neighbor probably wouldn't go watch a comedy with you, or a snooty neighbor probably wouldn't want to go camping.

You can give any item, even locked items (excluding letters addressed to you and photos given to you), to a Neighbor or NPC. But remember, if it is an item you want to keep rare you should not do this. Giving items to Neighbors means they can give it to other neighbors and characters, even those not living in their neighborhood/town (but only to those who have visited where they live). This means your one of a kind could potentially end up in an NPC shop (if a Character or Neighbor sells/gives it to an NPC like Redd, Nook, the Able Sisters or Gracie).

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Non-Player Characters, aka NPCs

Tom Nook
Timmy & Tommy Nook
The Able sisters
Gracie
Mayor Tortimer
Pelly
Phyllis
Pete
Mr. Ressetti
K. K. Slider
Booker & Copper
Blathers & Celest
Whisp
Katrina
Blanca
Kapp'n
Rover
And anyone from all the AC games who is a shop owner or special visitor.

Shop NPCs will do certain things like run a shop or wander through with random events.

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Items

Items include:
Clothing
Accessories
Furniture
And any other non-growing thing.

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Plants

Plants are growing, with 3 or 4 stages and may bear fruit (for trees) and or other things.
Plant types are:
-Fruit trees (apple, orange, pear, cherry, peach and coconut palm)
-Trees (of 1 or more random variety)
-Pine trees
-Flowers (rose, pansy, tulip, carnation, cosmos)
-Red turnips

Other fruit trees and flowers may be added, and Horticulture will allow fruit and flower hybrids.

Plants may not be traded to Characters, but they will produce seeds and the seeds can be traded, gifted or sold with others. You can give, sell or trade them to Neighbors and NPC.

Other plants:
-Mushrooms
-Dandelions
-Dandelion puffs
-Weeds
-Clovers
-4-leaf clovers
-Raflesia
-White turnips

These plants may be traded, gifted or bought/sold to or from other Characters, Neighbors or NPCs.

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Homes

blahblahblah

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Bugs, Fish & Fossils

blahblahblah

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Customs

blahblahblah

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Horticulture

blahblahblah

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Breeding

blahblahblah

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Link Me
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.77224481][img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m571/AnimalCrossingMapleCity/ShopButton1.png?gaianc[/img][/url]
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.77224481][img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m571/AnimalCrossingMapleCity/ShopBanner1.png?gaianc[/img][/url]
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.77224481][img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m571/AnimalCrossingMapleCity/th_ACMCbanner-1.png?gaianc[/img][/url]

Fashionable Borg

5,425 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items