Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Welcome to Written In Sand :] My very own quest to a Charity. The Dream Avatar part no longer exists.
[This layout is better veiwed in Firefox or Google Chrome.]

Here, completing the Charity Quest is the main focus of this thread. Yes, I know that there are small little quests added in here as well, but that was more so I wouldn't have to make a whole new thread for them. However, it will not be a whole 'Dream Avatar', for I no longer have a dream avatar. It'll be more like, miscellaneous items here and there. I just haven't gotten to changing the banner. Just think of them as side quests. They are not that important at all. Just here so I can track my progress. The Charity, once again, is what really matters here.

There are games, contests, events and everything of the sort for you to join in as we await the completion of this dream! :] So come in! Enjoy yourself! Make a small donation, make a big donation, or make no donation at all! So long as you have fun here at Written In Sand~

—————✄—————
Gopacksand

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image
My name is Mandy, for the most part. Lol. But around here, people call me Sand. I'd really prefer if you called me Sand until you get to know me a little bit more.

I'm 19 years old, I'll be 20 on March 24th. I currently have my own apartment with a friend of about 4 years. I've only lived there for 2 and half months, give or take. But I do love it. However, my roommate has cats and they have been a problem lately. Spraying and ripping up the carpet... Really irks me. She refuses to declaw them. Anyways, I'm sure I'll rant about that at some point in time, so I won't make you listen to it twice! Lol. I work at a hotel as the Guest Service Representative. Which is just a fancy way to say that I'm that one chick that checks you in when your arrive and out when you leave. My job allows me to get on the internet so, don't be surprised if you see me around here and I say I'm working. I'm allowed to do that. =P

I'm happily taken by Jake (Runaway Shinobi003). We've been together for 1 year and 7 months now. It's been quit a while, at least for me. It's a pretty stable relationship I believe. We have our problems just like any other couple, but we know how to work threw them. Which I think gives us our edge. :]

I've always wanted to run a Charity here on Gaia, and even tried to a while back. But, I didn't have no where near the amounts of gold that I needed to even try to get the thing off the ground and, consequently, it fell through the floor. This time around I plan on going into the Charity world a little better armed.

Why a Chairty? Well because I love giving. I don't know why, but it makes me feel good when I can help people reach their goals and dreams. The excitement they display is so worth every pixelated piece of gold or item I've given them.

This also means that, I don't like giving to greedy people. I think that the people that deserve things the most are the ones that are nice, considerate, and/or have worked towards the item in one way or another. Even if that just means questing for a while. I don't give to beggers. I think begging is disgusting and disgraceful. Not to mention tacky.

I finally have internet in my apartment!! =D YAY!

Well, that's all I can really think to type here :3. Talk to me to get to know more if you want.

I love people that stay and chat more then hit and runs -hinthint-

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Follow the Gaia ToS. Duh.
No begging for items or gold. I hate beggers, as I've stated before.
No page stretching. Keep quoted conversations to one to two quotes per post please ~
Do not quote the first page. It's a simple rule. Quoting the first page cause page stretching and that isn't allowed
here. It's really not that hard to follow!
NO SPAMMING! You will be blacklisted and reported. And trust me, I'm not shy about reporting.
No flamming. Fights are not permitted here, and anyone that provokes them will be asked to stopped.
If it continues after the warning then you will be blacklisted and reported. And I do mean it.
I am God here. What I say goes. It's as simple as that.
Say Thank You. Even if you did win a contest, it's always nice to say thanks. The prize was bought with my
own personal gold. I didn't exactly have to do that, but I did anyways. So please, everyone likes a little bit of appreciation.
Send all donations to the charity to Invisible SandI. She is I and I am her. It's basically the mule that will be used for the charity.
Send all donations for side quests to Gopacksand. I don't want to get the Charity gold and my questing gold mixed up.
I reserve all rights to add rules as I see fit.
Have fun! :] And enjoy your time here

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

February 04, 2012 -- Writing Contest started! 1.5 mill Grand Prize. Other edits made to the thread as well.
January 19, 2012 -- Sand is back! For better (not good.. because life is still life) this time :]. Editing of the thread has taken place.
August 4, 2011 -- Sand revived from the dead!!! (If only momentarily..)
June 1, 2011 -- Nudity Event started at TGSNE.
Apirl 7, 2011 -- Put Dream Avatar quest on hold so that I can focus more on starting the Charity.
March 29, 2011 -- Closing of "Help Gaia, Help Japan" because GC items are out of the Cash Shop. Donated a total of $48!!!!
March 23, 2011 -- Gopacksand's brithday event has been posted!! All graphics thanks to --Truth-To-Cliche-- at •Ðecaden¢e•.
『sнн 』 March 21, 2011 -- Starting on a secret idea for Gopacksand's Birthday Event.
March 12, 2011 -- Start of the 'Helping you, Help Gaia, Help Japan' mini event.
March 7, 2011 -- Thread is Open!!
February 22, 2011 -- Okay Rene at .tea.time. added the picture to the main banner.
February 21, 2011 -- Ordered Affiliation buttons from - Zilithion - at Desmodia.
February 19, 2011 -- Starting of the creation of the thread.

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

So here's the deal, I really really want to start a Charity. I love giving, hosting contests, planning events and all that sort. Yeah, I know it would be easier to probably start a guild for it, but I'm not that good at keeping up with guilds. I tend to forget I'm even apart of one sometimes. Besides that, a lot more people come to the forums in the first place.

Anyways, to start this Charity, I need to gold to be able to run it. My opening amount is 4 mill. I figured that, it would be enough to get the Charity on it's feet and running for a little while, while I collect more gold and maybe more people will donate as well. It's a long quest, to get that much gold. But I believe it will be enough to run the Charity at it's fullest potential.

So, this is my quest for 4,000,000g to open a Chairty. :]

Please help? To do so all you have to do is click on the button below, which opens a trade request with Invisible SandI. Label the trade Big, Kind Heart, put in what you'd like to donate and send it :]!

User Image

This button links to a trade with Invisible SandI. Thank you so much for you help!!!
Progress will be in another post.

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

If you donate to the Charity, I will add your name to this list of very generous people. No matter how small or how big the donation, everything is highly appreciated :]
Also! In addition to the names being posted here on this list, they will also be put on Invisible SandI's profile :3

Thank you all!

SuicideVanity || 10k ♥
Dr X Pepper || 10k and some change ♥
ii clm || 5k ♥
lumpkin96 || 20k ♥♥
Pheregames || 50k ♥♥
Miss Snuffles || 25k ♥♥
Gracie Maddolyn Pfeffe || 138k ♥♥♥

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

So, it seems that even when I quest for myself, it's not really for myself.

The way that I am, it's no surprise that I've started another contest or event somewhere. I just love hosting things and giving stuff away :]

This time, it's a writing contest. Now, what does this have to do with my own 'personal' quest? I want to get 1.5 mill in gold to give away as the Grand Prize at the contest.

1.5 mill is the starting pool so that the winner will at least get something good and worth all their writing :] Easy reading is damn hard writing after :]

So, this is my quest to reach 1,500,000g.

If you'd like to help me reach the 1.5 mill starting point, please send a trade request to Gopacksand labeled Believer with the amount you'd like to donate! :]

Thank you so much for your help!
Progress will be in another post.

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

If you donate to my personal Dream Avatar quest, I will add your name to this list of very generous people. No matter how small or how big the donation, everything is highly appreciated :]

Thank you all!

Miss Snuffles || 10k ♥

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Charity

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Updated every 50k

————————————————————————————

Future:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

———————————————————————————————————————

Items Quests

Current:
Updated Every 50k

————————————————————————————

Future:
NOT AVAILABLE

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Dice Roll Contest
Want something to do while you hang out? Why not gamble a bit! All you have to do is roll 10-10 sided dice and land 58, 32, 89, and 23.
When you're done, PM iiSand and I'll make sure you receive your prize after making sure you have all the numbers.
You need all four numbers to win.
Winner will receive a Bel Gondoliere.

User Image

Bumping Contest
Help us keep this thread on the first page and attract new people by being apart of the bumping contest!! I request that you bump while
having a conversation please. If you're the only one in the thread, then it's fine to just bump. But I don't want page after page of
'Bump xxx' and no body talking. I'm a chatty person :].
For every 300 bumps you create, you will receive 3k.
300 bumps = 3k
600 bumps = 6k
900 bumps = 9k
1200 bumps = 12k
etc..
Just send a PM to iiSand labeled "Bumping Contest" with the page number of your last bump and I will give you your gold! :]

Typical Page Contest
Just as the title implies, this is your standard page contest. Which means, that most everyone should know how this game goes! =D
But we'll go over it anyways for those that don't. For every set amount of pages, the x poster on that page will receive a prize.
Here's the catch, if it's just a 'Bump' post, the prize won't be as nice if it was a post of actual conversation.
This is just to try and raise the amount of people talking instead of bump-spamming for gold. :] The pages and post number is below!
Page winners will receive mystery items or gold amounts! =D
(Just to keep some suspense.)
Page 150 || 4th post
Page 200 || 9th post
Page 250 || 2nd post
Page 300 || 7th post
Page 350 || 11th post
More will be added as we go along. When the page has past, I'll cross them off and post the winner next to it.
If you believe you have won the page/post prize PM iiS a n d and label it "Page [insert #] || [insert #] post and I will check it and send you your prize.

Your Birthday
So, I celebrate my birthday in this thread with a special event every year. But, what about everyone else? I'm not the only one around here that has a birthday! So, tell me yours!
All you have to do is go to this page, Birthday Calendar, and copy the forum in the first post. Then, bring in back here and post it in this thread. Not the Birthday Calendar one.
Everyone will receive either help with their quest, an item on their wishlist, or gold on their birthday from us here at Written In Sand. :]

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Welcome to Pass The Muse: A Writing Competition. I'm your host, Sand. :]

Let me explain the basics for you. This is a competition with rounds. There will be 5 rounds total, with X amount of people 'going home' each round. The first round, I will judge the entries and decide who I'll have to be eliminating.

What about the other rounds you ask? Well, there's the catch dears. You will be the judges then. For those that do not enter the contest or have been 'sent home', they have to opportunity to read the entries and vote on your favorite ones. You only get two votes each though, so choose wisely :].

The ultimate winner of the competition will receive the pool. The pool is the current amount of gold that it going towards the grand prize.

The pool starts at: 1.5 mill
Information on how to donate to the pool will be later explained in the "Pool" post. (How original, right?)

So what are you waiting for?! Sign up! Join the competition and write for your chance at good lump of Gaia Gold :]

User Image

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Icecream
Runaway Shinobi 003 || For being such a great boyfriend :]
ii K u m i k o || For being there from the beginning of all this
Rannchan || For being there from the beginning of all this
Saburou Tu Oderschvank || For being there from the beginning of all this
SuicideVanity || For being there from the beginning of all this
OnikiraAzureKara || For being there from the beginning of all this
Himura Rikuo || For being there from the beginning of all this
Dr X Pepper || For being there from the beginning of all this

Sunburns
None Yet || Lets keep it that way..

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Staff

Gopacksand || Invisible SandI || iiSand
User ImagexxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxUser Image
| Owner |xxxxxxxxx| Mule 1 |xxxxxxxxx| Mule 2 |

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.70119157_1][img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/lovemyrock/Quest Thread/GopacksandWrittenInSand8831.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.70119157_1][img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/lovemyrock/Quest Thread/GopacksandWrittenInSand20040.png[/img][/url]

——————————————————————————————————

If you want to be an affiliation, please PM your banners to Invisible SandI
Failure to do so will result in your request being ignored.
Also, You must have us as an affiliation as well!
I will not add your banner unless I see our banner on your thread already.
I check links every now and again. If you thread has been closed, I will remove your link.
I also remove dead links or deleted pictures.
So make sure you keep your affiliations up-to-date with that you are doing.
Only 88x31 and 200x40 please or dangerously close to it

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas