Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thank you Gaia for bringing the Trash option back! We all greatly appreciate it. And thank you to everyone who signed and showed their support!

Since Dumpster Diving was first introduced to the site, the "Trash Item" option on items was switched with "Donate Item". The only problem with this is that the Trash option is completely gone.

Now, as most people know, you can only Donate items that have a 100k or lower value in the marketplace. And after just playing Dumpster Dive a few times, you can tell that a good amount of the items "Donated" are worthless items with no sellback and/or such a low price on the marketplace that its not even worth selling. Such as the Octupus (on my head) items. So with people unable to trash items, they're more than likely to donate it back to Dumpster Dive for someone else to get and these items will always be in circulation. This wouldn't be such a bad thing, if more of these worthless items weren't being put into circulation through Daily Chance, Magical Giftbox, Towns and other means.

That means that there could potentially be hundreds to thousands of these items that no one wants in circulation.

There have already been plenty of users who have said that they would like the trash option back so they can get rid of these unwanted items instead of just tossing it in DD for someone else to get, who'll probably just toss it back for someone else to get, and so on. There have also been users who have stated they have been Flamed by other users because they put these worthless items in Dumpster Dive but these users' only choice is to toss it into Dumpster Dive, or let it rot in their inventory.

I'd like for Gaia to bring back the Trash option so users have the choice to donate or trash an item if they want. Edit: If Gaia ever does decide to bring back Trash option, it will more than likely have the same restrictions it did when it existed. Which is that you can't trash any item if its average marketplace value isn't 1k or lower. They can even lower it to 500g or 100g items. That way there is much more valuable items in Dumpster Dive than the items absolutely no one wants.

If you </3 this thread, I would love it if you could come and give your opinion. I want to hear how everyone feels about this idea, not just those who like this idea.
      Signatures

1. Pie the rabbit16
        2. lights out new york
        3. RestInPeace Frosty Paws
        4. (V)alina
        5. xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx
        6. Ame no Yanagi
        7. LuLuSaid
        8. Sweetkitty
        9. purpleravenhawk
        10. Whoahh
        11. WhyDaddy
        12. Alice Loves Him
        13. Moonracer
        14. Momsrascal92
        15. DavesDevilDoll
        16. Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune
        17. Riyoushi Bloodfire
        18. Ariouille
        19. Tawnyblood
        20. OhMyTeaCup
        21. pinkyjames
        22. ILLEGAL lMMIGRANT
        22. Himaru77
        23. Aularen
        24. kenzie1310
        25. Opera Phantom_95
        26. dragonmonkey
        27. Kestaa
        28. LULZ MUDKIPZZ
        29. Shady-chan
        30. -x-Eulogy_For_An_Angel-x-
        31. Arrowlake Riddler
        32. carl chicago
        33. Arabellatrix
        34. tehstorm
        35. Bokun onikisu
        36. Syesta
        37. Kamarei
        38. x blue s k ii e s
        39. IishManda
        40. Raine Kiyoshi
        41. ZanDPY
        42. BrandonDavid925
        43. dead passenger
        44. Renegade Samurai
        45. i- S M E X i i neko
        46. SongsofDarkness13
        47. Arylaya
        48. TheFemalePhantomhive
        49. Bytch Kitten
        50. whitevileye
        51. EmilyEverlasting
        52. zukulu
        53. Dakazo
        54. gatolover
        55. thepizzaismine
        56. phoenix of the damned
        57. omgitsviennaxd
        58. Sweet_hart96
        59. Karuoko
        60. iiCookie Mokona
        61. Katastrophic_Kate
        62. vampiroz
        63. Tsende
        64. x Monochrome Dreams x
        65. BlissfulChance
        66. sexier_than_a_turtle
        67. sgkat
        68. IRomans
        69. xX undefined life Xx
        70. Charvelle
        71. RecklessLullaby
        72. violette mist
        73. x---iiL o v e a b l eee
        74. sixtySHEEP
        75. Lazarus Larkin
        76. Gorgeous Gift Fairy
      Quotes From Users:

(V)alina
        Approved. I get enough trash as it is from the daily vending machine that appears on each page. No more trash that I have nothing to do with it! Aish!

Opera Phantom_95
        I, Opera Phantom_95, do hereby sign this petition!

I love DD, but I'm sick and tired of getting octopuses, starter polos, amigo lucki pants, and other junk floating in DD. I'd love to have the option of trashing an item.

Kestaa
        Oh my god, yes! I was going to start a petition like this, but yours is already here. Since I started playing Dumpster Dive, I've grabbed:

6 blue, 8 green and 10 red octopuses
        15 Leviathans Grace anklets
        14 Lidless Demon Armor leggings
        13 Nautilus(es?)
        17 Neutral Starter Polos
        45 Ocean Starter Tops exclaim
        25 Playtex Sport Workout Outfits
        and 49 4th Amigo Lucki Pants
        (Yes, I keep track of these things. OCD much? redface )

The Starter shirts and Lucki Pants can at least be sold to get them out of circulation, but what am I supposed to do with the rest? I feel like an arse re-dumping them, but what else am I supposed to do with them?

(On the plus side, I do love Dumpster Dive. I've snagged a few really nice items, some of which I didn't even know existed, and my average item value hovers around $300. We just need an incinerator or something to get rid of the useless unsellable stuff.)

I sign!

Arrowlake Riddler
        Signed!

I don't play the DD much, but the lack of a "Trash item" option is forcing me to donate all my useless trash for the Dive, which I'd rather not do. I want to get rid of them, not give them to someone else who also wants to get rid of them, so please, bring my trash can back! gonk
      Banners

User Image
        [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.69096563_1/][IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm111/bunni_babbie/TrashOption.jpg[/IMG][/url]
      Affiliates

User Image

*Pm Me if you want to become affiliates
      Open For Signatures

Shy Bear

9,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

Pie the jackrabbit signs this petition!

I think the Trash Item would be cool rather than donated an item, I sign for the "Trash Item" Option!
I sign smile

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200

6,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Approved. I get enough trash as it is from the daily vending machine that appears on each page. No more trash that I have nothing to do with it! Aish!
I sign.

(hate not having that option) >.<
Thank you for you signatures. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out