Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Elder

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I don't think anyone here at Gaia intentionally uses "Congrazzles!" in a condescending manner toward our community. It's not going away.

Also:
http://www.congrazzles.com biggrin

Aged Bunny

Ling
I don't think anyone here at Gaia intentionally uses "Congrazzles!" in a condescending manner toward our community. It's not going away.

Also:

LOL That is awesome. You sneaky developers!

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Mameoyashi
It sounds more like they`re parodying the `hip`language of the day rather than talking down to anyone. But that`s just my interpretation. I don`t like it, but I don`t dislike it either.
This. Why are people so hypersensitive and feeling like everyone is talking down to them?

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Ling

Also:

HAH! I so got played by that. >w>

Jeering Codger

Here is the story behind "Congrazzles." It's not meant to talk down to anyone, it's just sort of an intentionally stupid running joke on the site.

Back in the early days, I was the only writer and Brunosmad was one of the only designers, so we were responsible for the content of just about every page. One time, we were working on some kind of fairly inconsequential project (I don't remember exactly what it was), but there was some kind of requirement in the project specifications for a "you have completed this minor action successfully" screen. We decided to go ridiculously overboard on it, even though it was just a confirmation screen for some very minor task, so we zazzed it up with all kinds of sparkles. I came up with "CONGRAZZLES" as the text, because it's a goofy made-up word befitting of such a page. Our intent was just to amuse people with a way-too-intense confirm screen, and it kind of spread to the rest of the site over the years. As Ling said, it's probably here to stay.
I can see how it's mildly annoying... but I fail to see how it's talking down to anyone. Sounds like they're trying to be cute. Meh.

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
Cashmere Cactus
Here is the story behind "Congrazzles." It's not meant to talk down to anyone, it's just sort of an intentionally stupid running joke on the site.

Back in the early days, I was the only writer and Brunosmad was one of the only designers, so we were responsible for the content of just about every page. One time, we were working on some kind of fairly inconsequential project (I don't remember exactly what it was), but there was some kind of requirement in the project specifications for a "you have completed this minor action successfully" screen. We decided to go ridiculously overboard on it, even though it was just a confirmation screen for some very minor task, so we zazzed it up with all kinds of sparkles. I came up with "CONGRAZZLES" as the text, because it's a goofy made-up word befitting of such a page. Our intent was just to amuse people with a way-too-intense confirm screen, and it kind of spread to the rest of the site over the years. As Ling said, it's probably here to stay.
User Image

I rather love congrazzles, it makes me smile :3

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Trust me, Anora, if you'd met our writers, you'd understand that they're not in the position to talk down to anyone.

(Actually, I kid, I kid -- our writers are great, and don't mean to be condescending at all. However, they get all the perks, and eventually their forgotten bread crumbs and discarded coffee cups make their way down to the dungeons where the development team labors. We save it for our Christmas feast).

Anora Mac Tir
It makes me feel like you're talking down to me.

That's really all I have to say about it.

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Cashmere Cactus

I didn't know that. :D Thanks for the story. mrgreen

Enduring Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150
Knowing the story behind it makes it better as far as I'm concerned.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Ling

Also:

I'm going to link that site to everyone now. xD

Super Sentai

36,725 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
II Tenth Doctor II
Mameoyashi
It sounds more like they`re parodying the `hip`language of the day rather than talking down to anyone. But that`s just my interpretation. I don`t like it, but I don`t dislike it either.
This. Why are people so hypersensitive and feeling like everyone is talking down to them?
because certain people are beyond ******** stupid, if such a word, with an openly joking context to it, is somehow interpreted as condescending.

or perhaps this is the new generation of emo, who knows. either way, such stupidity is downright nauseating.
Yeah it is a bit annoying, but no biggy in my opinion

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces