Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Join us for Ask the Admin

It's time for the weekly Ask the Admin chat! Hope you can all join us today! biggrin

You can join the Ask the Admin discussion thread here!

Hope you have a fantastic week! biggrin
Sisky

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
General Updates

Hey everyone, we've updated Pimp Promote My Post so that you can now promote existing threads! Be sure to check this feature out in our forums.

Have you checked out our latest CI, Game On. It's pretty sweet so if you haven't be sure to check it out!

Oooooooo and don't forget to check out the MC!!! It's the anniversary MC and it's not to be missed.

Oh, Oh, one moooore thing the summer sale is going to be this ....huh... what ...I can't say anything about it yet? ....wait... but what about.... oi, fine... I meant to say everyone that the summer event will be starting t... huh? ....what? ....I can't say anything about that either? .....Uh! Fine!

Guess that's all for now, stay tuned for more exciting things to come!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Beware: New Phishing Method

We've seen a rise in phishing through a new screen sharing method. We'd like to take some time to address this and inform you on how to avoid getting phished by this. These types of phishing attempts can not only get your Gaia Online account, but other accounts such as your bank, e-mail, and more. Keep yourself safe and read our blog post about this here!

Scurvy Pirate

What the Fluff Updates & Guide!

Our Summer event is off to a smashing, albeit laggy, start. We've made several bug fixes and improvements to fix issues in the event and tweaked some of the stat rates to make the gameplay more enjoyable. Read below for a summarized list of what was changed.

• Limited main Flash space rooms to 30 people & fluffs to cut down on lag
  • Limited game Flash space rooms to 10 for Fluff Dance and 5 for the Fluff Run game
  • Fixed several memory leaks in Flash causing lag
  • Fixed bug with turning in your fluff to Blaze once it reached max loyalty
  • Fixed bug causing CRITICAL ERROR to appear in various event forum threads
  • Fixed backend bug that was causing health/energy to get out of sync which resulted in stats fluctuating wildly, getting kicked out of games prematurely, your fluff being sent home with no health/energy even though you just fed it, etc.
  • Fixed issue with sleeping/walking not being set correctly and causing confusing states for the fluff in-game
  • Fixed duplicating happiness/loyalty bars in the forum/threads headers
  • Fixed Tic-Tac-Toe matches throwing everyone into the same space
  • Rewrote caching scheme to cut down server calls over 10x (should result in faster loading in Flash and forums)
  • Fixed issue with fluff getting stuck in the second map of the Fluff Run
  • Increased the rate of energy regeneration when sleeping by 170%.
  • Decreased the rate of health depletion over time by 200%-300% and added even slower rate of depletion when fluff is sleeping
  • Added a fluff state view to the event landing page and forum/thread headers. If you hover over the image of your fluff with your mouse on one of those pages, you'll see a list of the current states it might be in. These states include: Sleeping, Walking, Tired, Hungry, Dirty, and Loyal.

I've also put together a fairly comprehensive guide for how to play the event and care for your fluff and placed it in the What the Fluff event forum. If you're confused or know anyone who is, please share this link with them. We'll continue watching the event and fixing any bugs we find so if you run into any issues, please report them in the What the Fluff Bug Reports forum.

**Quick Edit**
Our script to populate loyalty for the last 24 hours of happiness messed up last night and didn't run so that loyalty didn't save. We've fixed the issue that prevented it from running so it will save correctly tonight and give you the correct platform to start from tomorrow. Since this is such a big part of the event though, we're going to go ahead and remedy the issue for everyone who was affected by setting your fluff's loyalty to the maximum level. It'll take a few minutes for me to write up the script but keep an eye on your fluff's stats and you should see it jump shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience, don't hate us gonk

- Kenny & Codemonkey

Scurvy Pirate

What the Fluff Update 2!

Soooo I made a dumb when fixing the redeeming a pet for a new one issue. I've fixed my dumb so it should actually be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Having trouble cancelling Outfit Marketplace entries?

There's been a bug in Outfit Marketplace where cancelling your listing doesn't work. For those having trouble, please click on the 'Submit' button after entering your password. Hitting enter will result in the error.

A fix will be here by next week. Sorry for the trouble!

Scurvy Pirate

What the Fluff Fixes 3

Another day, another dumb. I've fixed another oops that was preventing one of the item grants and one of the achievements from being given out. These fixes are retroactive so if you've qualified for the item or achievement before, you should see that pop up on the event page now.

We've also lowered the amount of energy required to play games so you should be able to get a few more games in with your fluff before needing to let it rest. We're still working on optimizing the Flash areas but things do seem to be improving slowly.

If you happened to miss it yesterday, I've put together an all-encompassing event guide which now includes all the item grants and achievements you can receive. If you have any questions about the event, be sure to check it out here.

Scurvy Pirate

What the Fluff - Weekend Update

I've just updated the event with another slew of fixes for pesky bugs. If you're interested in what's been changed,keep reading for the list.

• Fixed bug with loyalty script that was still making it not update a fluff's loyalty each night
  • Fixed bug with health degradation that was causing it to drain much, much faster than it should have. The health should now take significantly longer to completely drain.
  • Fixed bug with dynamic energy calculation that wasn't updating to show the effects of walking your fluff
  • Increased the amount of time you can walk with your fluff before energy starts to drain
  • Fixed a bug with giving treats in the forum that wasn't updating to allow users to collect new treats each day
  • Added treat stats to the event forum so if you hover over the "Give Treat" button when it's clickable, you'll see how many treats that user has received so far today.
  • Also added a "Treats Given: ###" counter to the end of the event title descriptions when you hover over it so that you can see how many treats a user has given to receive the title they have.

I'm aware of the issues with getting stuck in the second map of the Fluff Race and being randomly respawned after playing games and are still working on fixes for these. I think the issue of health/energy fully depleting after one game /should/ be fixed but if you continue to experience this please keep reporting it in the Bug Reports forum of the event and I'll look into it again.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend, and that you can all join us for today's Ask the Admin!

You can join the discussion thread here!

Hope you are all doing well! ^^
Sisky

Scurvy Pirate

What the Fluff Update

We've pushed out a few Flash changes that should help fix the fluffs not appearing in your house the first time you enter and should help cut down on some of the lag that you've experienced. We've also added two more achievements to the event for all of you to earn so make sure you find those too.

We'll be closing things down at the end of the day on July 3rd so be sure to get all of your fluffs raised, items and achievements earned, and treats given out before it ends. If you haven't checked things out already, be sure to head over to the event page and get started now!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
It's the Spectacular Summer Mini-Contest!

Hey gang!

Summer is here, and to celebrate our upcoming Spectacular Summer Sale that starts tomorrow, I wanted to have a companion mini-contest for the community! Not only is this a nice way to celebrate the upcoming sale, but it allows me to do something I love to do - give away items to the community! Gotta love giveaways!

The mini-contest runs from June 27 - July 1st, and each day participants will have the chance to win various prizes including some much sought-after 03 items, gold, etc.

Check it out and join the fun in the official contest thread!

(P.S. - I know some of you don't like Staff Alerts used for contests, so sorry if this bugs you, but I want everyone to know about this and have a chance to participate. Hope you understand! biggrin )

-Sisky

Scurvy Pirate

What the Fluff Extension!

We've heard your requests and, due to the issues at the start of the event, we're going to go ahead and extend the end time to 5:00pm on Monday, July 8th. If you haven't started yet, you still have time, and if you're still working on that last achievement, hopefully this will give you the time you need to get it! Codemonkey has been hard at work trying to improve the Flash experience for you by reducing the lag that was being experienced. He's also put a couple fixes into the Fluff Run game to try and fix a few bugs. You might even notice the police fluffs are a little more vindictive than they were before.

Be sure to keep stopping by each day to get your wing sticker (These WILL stop being granted after next Wednesday) and make sure your pet is well taken care of! To keep going, just stop by the event page here.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

Hey Gaians! You can join us now for this week's Ask the Admin!

You can join the discussion thread here!

Aged Genius

What the Fluff Fixes

I've made a few changes and fixes to the flash side of Towns 2 and the What The Fluff Event.

Here are the errors addressed:

The dreaded white screen error should be gone.
Other players entering your Tic-Tac-Toe game room
Getting back a clone of your last fluff
Sleeping, eating and washing errors.

There still seems to be a problem with the fluffs playing hide and seek in the houses. If this happens, for a temporary solution, say the phrase: call pet. If the fluff is just hiding it will reveal itself.

Also on the smart phone there is a go directly to my house button.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Uh-oh Halo

Earlier today we announced that the halo would be available from 9pm to 10pm tonight. Unfortunately, we forgot to tell that to Waffles and it didn't end up getting added until much later. So we will be extending the halo's life in the sale until midnight tonight along with the other secret items.

We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff