Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scurvy Pirate

Happy 10th Anniversary Gaia!

After much anticipation, the long awaited day has finally arrived. Gaia has turned 10! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we're giving out an amazing item for the last day of item grants in our For the Love of Gaia event, your choice of either a Mini Angelic Halo and Winglets OR a Mini Nitemare Halo and Winglets. To claim your prize, just head on over to the event page, click the glowing 2003 candy wrapper, head to the "Special" tab of your inventory, find the Mini Halo and Winglets item, then click it and select either Angelic or Nitemare, it's that easy!

For logging in today, you'll also receive the exclusive Partygoer achievement! All you need to do is log in (or log out then back in) and the achievement should grant itself to you. There may be some delay due to the number of users earning it, but you should get it after a few tries at most. If it just refuses to show up though, be sure to post in my Bugs thread so that I know to manually give it to you after the day's up.

I hope you all enjoy the prizes and will join us later today from 3pm to 5pm PST in Towns/other Flash spaces and the event forum to hang out, celebrate Gaia's amazing milestone, and maybe even win some more amazing prizes. We'll also hold our regular Ask the Admin in the Gaia Community Discussion forum immediately afterwards from 5pm to 6pm PST so if you have any burning questions you can't wait to ask us, be sure to attend that!

Happy Anniversary!

Scurvy Pirate

It's Ask the Admin Time!

Our special 10th anniversary Ask the Admin session is now underway. Stop on by to ask any of the burning questions you've been holding on to for the past week here.

For tips on how to get the most out of AtA, read this

Enjoy and Happy Anniversary!
Kenny

Scurvy Pirate

For the Love of Gaia Ends Tomorrow!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that our special Valentines/10th Anniversary event will be ending at the end of the day tomorrow so be sure to send out any other Valentines you still want to give out! I've also just pushed a fix for some item grant validation issues that started popping up, these should all be resolved now so you should be able to click the links again to get your items. As for the links going around giving out the special "10th Anniversary Deluxe Box of Chocolates", that item was supposed to only be given to those who collected all 10 days of items. To that end, I fixed the bug that was allowing the grant link to work for anyone who clicked it so no one else should be able to use these links to get the chocolate box. If you already grabbed it then I'm not going to remove it from you but just know that you won't be able to spread it to your friends anymore, sorry. If you have collected all 10 days worth of items then you only need to go to the event page and click your shining box of chocolates to claim the prize.
Potion Preview

The avatar gods have given us more blessings now that we're 10 years old. They have granted us the ability to preview potions in Skin Tyte.

Feel free to show them your appreciation by trying on new skins!

Edit: And The Treehouse too!

Perfectionist

Item Bug Alert!

Certain items are not working correctly at the moment. You may experience strange blobs of color, non-appearing items, and disappearing body parts. We are looking into it, and will get back to you when it is solved.

The squeamish may want to hold off saving their avatars until then!

A swarm of avatar bugs attacked our servers this morning causing all sorts of strange problems with specific avatar items that contain masking capabilities. Sometimes shoes would disappear, other times a whole arm would go away!

The bugs had been squashed and avatars should work fine now. Please re-save your avatar for the change to take effect.

On other good news, the problem with IAM poses crashing under Towns 1 had also been fixed. You can roam free as your favorite animal or monster in Towns 1 once again, plus, no more weird random pixels floating around. Yay!

For those who noticed that some colors aren't as vibrant as they used to be, there will be another upgrade tomorrow to address that issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Naughty Goat

19,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hey Gaians! Happy 2/21/13!!

If you're thinking, "What the heck? Why are you wishing me a happy random Thursday?" you'd be right to be confused!! We're just celebrating because today's date looks like 221B, the flat number of the famous fictional detective, Sherlock Holmes! If you know me, you'll know I'm a somewhat casual fan emotion_dealwithit

Brits already celebrated this day in January (22/1/13), but because Gaia's located in the US and Americans just have to be special, our date format is different from the entire rest of the world. SO WE'RE DOING IT TODAY I GUESS. We added some new deducin' hats to H.R. Wesley to celebrate. Pop one on and you might notice something...

You might find this useful: www.gaiaonline.com/grant?key=????????????????

Naughty Goat

19,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
HINTS FOR 221B

-There are 22 letters and 16 sets of numbers. Make sure you are using the right set because I noticed some people are working with incorrect sets.
-Yes, there are 16 characters in the grant link.

-You've solved this kind of puzzle before. It just has extra steps.

-Solve the letters, then the numbers, then the letters.

EDIT

User Image
omg c'mon u can do it

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
No longer able to purchase Gaia cash using a home phone

Hey everyone!

We just wanted to let you know that as of today, the home phone payment option is no longer available for purchasing your Gaia cash. Most of you who purchase Gaia cash by phone prefer to use your mobile phone these days, and there were other issues with this payment method that just didn't make for a happy user experience.

For those of you who might be affected by this change, we do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. You can check out our other payment methods which are located here, on our payments page!

Thanks for reading everyone! Just wanted to make sure you were all aware of this change.

Have an amazing weekend! biggrin
Sisky

Scurvy Pirate

Payment Issues

Just an FYI, there seems to be some issues with the Payments page currently. We're working on a fix for it now and it should be out shortly. Sit tight and it'll be fixed soon!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Workaround for Paypal/Credit Card Payment Issue

Hey everyone!

Thanks for being so patient while we work to fix the recent issue with purchasing Gaia cash with your PayPal or credit card when trying to make your payment from the new payment page. In the meantime, there is a workaround that you can use that should allow you to continue to get your cash by PayPal or credit card. You can go through Gaia's old payment page to get your Gaia cash!

Here's how you can continue to make your Gaia cash purchases with PayPal or Credit Card:

Quote:
1) Go to: http://www.gaiaonline.com/collectibles

2) Click on the "Get One" button to access the purchasing page.

3) Click on the "Gaia Cash" tab to buy Gaia Cash instead of a collectible letter.

4) Select the amount of cash you wish to purchase from the drop down menu then click the "Add User" button. Click "Continue to Checkout" button.

5) Choose the method you want to use - Credit Card or PayPal and hit the "Submit" button.

6) Fill out your purchase information fields in the payment panel and click the "Review and Continue" button to access the Information Review page. If your information is correct, click the "Continue" button to access the payment confirmation page.

7) To make the payment, just click the "Confirm and Order" button on the confirmation page, and your payment should be processed!

Again, we're sorry about this issue, and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. If you have any other issues with this process, please fill out a Billing Ticket in our Help Center.

We hope this information helps!

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PayPal working again
I fixed the issue with PayPal on the http://www.gaiaonline.com/payments/ on Friday but apparently users didn't see the fix. I just fixed it again and it appears that it is fixed.

Scurvy Pirate

Site Issues

We're currently experiencing various issues resulting from one of our servers deciding to take a nap instead of continuing to work and do what it's supposed to. We're in the process of bringing it back up so things should iron themselves out shortly. Thanks for your patience!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
It's Ask The Admin Time!

Hey everyone!

Happy Monday everyone - hope you had a great weekend! It is now Ask The Admin time - wheee! Come join us: here!

And check out our tips on how to get the most of out of ATA here.

Have a fantastic week!
-Sisky

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Monster Galaxy Down

Monster Galaxy is currently down. We're looking into the issue and will post further updates as we have them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff