Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Last Cash Tree Announcement Before Thanksgiving
I hope, I hope, I hope.

Cash Tree should now turn off after you run out of Blue Noodle videos, and the account settings for "Show Cash Tree" should be working again.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Housing Changes
There's been ongoing bug fixes over the past week, and the developer working on the housing editor recently added some modifier keys to help people with placing their items exactly how they want them -- please see this post for more information, if you're interested (basically, arrow keys can nudge, and shift will turn off stacking, but the post also has more information on other bugs that were fixed).

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
DMS Open For The Weekend
Happy post-Thanksgiving and Black Friday madness! Tired of fighting the crowds at the mall? How about a little zOMG to relax? The gates to Deadman's Shadow have opened for the long weekend -- enjoy!

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Sonic Update
We have updated the Sonic scavenger hunt so that once you have been granted the profile item 3 times, visiting the page again will turn off the scavenger hunt.

We apologize this wasn't done with he initial release and as always thank you for your support of both Gaia and our sponsors.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
More Infrastructure Changes
Ops has made some substantial changes to our image serving. It should not be noticeable for 99% of users, but those of you that were having problems with slow/partial site loads will hopefully find that the new system is substantially better. If you're running into any specific problems with a) extremely slow site loads, or b) images not loading, or c) site loading but only displaying the text, please let us know in this feedback thread. Thanks!

Greedy Fatcat

Bid Blast Updated
We've added several new items to Bid Blast today and we have a big list of items to keep it up to date. Come on down and try your luck skill!
Profiles Background

There were about 12,000 glitched profiles with theme issues and we took care of them. Hopefully this resolves any theme issues that users were having. If there is still a problem, please let us know in the Profile Forum section.

Thanks.

Tipsy Explorer

9,375 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
zOMG Servers Restarted

The zOMG servers were offline briefly for a small update. This should hopefully fix a rare crash that we saw last week a couple times as well update the servers in preparation for a Christmas item to be released later this week.
Quick Links update for Meebo footer

Users can now add, edit, and delete quick links in the new footer. Previously, users could only click on a default set of links. The new feature allows users to add new ones and edit them, similar to the old footer. If you find any problems, please let us know here.

Thanks.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Event has ended
Hey everyone, the Xmas event has ended, thanks for participating!
The following is a timeline of when things will be taken down:

• *Wing Sticker: 12/30/2011 23:59 PST
  • *Site event header & link: 01/01/2012 23:59 PST
  • *Caroling in shops and towns: 01/01/2012 23:59 PST
  • *Xmas event page: 01/05/2012 23:59 PST
  • *Forum header and background: 01/05/2012 23:59 PST

Once the site header and link are down you can reach the event page by clicking here or by going to the Xmas forum and clicking the link in the forum header there.

For those interested I'll post misc. stats on the event in my journal at a later time.

* All times subject to change at our discretion.
Meebo bar fixed

Alright, the Meebo bar should be back for those of you who were having problems. Try clearing your cache if you still don't see it (IE is cache happy sometimes), if that doesn't work, please let us know!

Perfectionist

New items in Bid Blast

Bidding has started for Gaia-Tan, Silver Bells, Enchantress's Shade, and Firebird Feather Broom. Here is your chance to grab one of them for a great price!
Item Variations fixed

There were a few items that had duplicate poses, which when clicked, equipped a completely unrelated pose or no pose at all.

The duplicate poses have been removed and you should be able to equip all poses.

Some of the affected items are:

Western Zodiac
Dionaesil
Kelp o' th' Loch
Fremere's Guard
Trick or Treat Tote
Infernal Spirit
Heartbreaker
Goti the Kid
Spirit Pyre
Yellow Heartstring
Daily Chance fixed

We've fixed Daily Chance for Firefox 9 users.

Firefox 9 was requesting the reward twice, which is why sometimes it worked, and other times it didn't. The reward was claimed, and received in both instances.

All other browsers are not affected.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Frontier Skies Gloomy

Frontier Skies has been down for a bit now and after an exploit investigation and other factors explained below, I'm sorry to say we don't intend to bring it back.

We initially took it down due to a serious exploit we intended to fix. However, further investigation into the exploit showed that a fix would require a major rewrite of the game. The exploit, in addition to an extremely low number of users who were actually playing the game, and the other bugs in the game would simply require more resources to fix and maintain than we are currently able to commit to it.

I know we said we would bring the game back and make it a permanent site feature, and apologize deeply to those of you playing or intending to play the game. However, knowing that we won't be able to maintain it, we feel it is better to remove it than leave it as a broken feature sitting on the site.

I also apologize that we haven't said anything about all this earlier. After our initial investigations I got busy and forgot to post this update >.<

Over the next few weeks, we’ll remove the links to the game from the site and archive the forum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff