Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Session Errors Followup

Hi again~

The website should be up & running smoothly now, however, if you encounter any issues free to let us know in the Bug Reports & Technical Support forum.

Have a great day!

Valenas's Fav

Dangerous Hunter

13,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Ask the Staff

Hey everyone,

Ask the Staff is now live! You can check it out here! It runs until 5:00pm PDT! So ask away!

Did you miss Ask the Staff today? Get your questions in for next's week ATS at our ATS pre-event thread!
Graphic Designer Wanted!

For anyone who has knowledge of online graphic design, please let us know! You can send your resume to gaia-jobs@gaiaonline.com. Thank you!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Apparently it's National Junk Food Day - How about a contest? XD

Ok, so it's apparently National Junk Food Day here in the USA. While I try to eat pretty healthy, I have to admit I do occasionally love me some tasty, tasty junk food. Anyway, time for another fun community contest! Just post your favorite junk food and we'll randomly select 5 winners to win a fabulous Junk Fooderiffic Prize Pack!

Join the, uh, deep-fried fun here? yum_donut yum_pumpkinpie yum_wasabipie yum_burger

doki's Partner

Healing Possum

Certain Project Tickets Expiring Soon

Hello!

This is a reminder that several Project Tickets will be expiring on July 25th at 11:59pm PDT. For more information about which tickets are being retired, and a refresher on other recent changes, check out the post here!

Ruthless Wench

Notice involving image hosting

Hello, Gaians!

We have posted announcements Minishops forums with the message below. Just in case you do not frequent these forums, but sell/buy art, we want to pass this along to you! This applies to all art trades including those outside the Minishops forums.

Thank you, and happy summer!
Due to unfortunate circumstances beyond our members’ and our (Gaia’s) control, Photobucket is not any longer a reliable image host for large-scale art shops due to limiting allowed bandwidth. This means that they are finicky about 3rd party linking, where the art is inaccessible to those who are not logged into the hosting Photobucket account.

Sadly, this has led to circumstances where either:
        1) The buyer is unable to access their finished art, or;
        2) The seller does not have sufficient proof that the art purchased has been appropriately delivered to the buyer.

All of this means that the potential for unintentional scamming on either end is very high.

We do not expect our members to pay Photobucket to remedy this situation. However, we do expect that this be taken care of so that scamming situations do not occur as a result. We have recently whitelisted Imgur, and DeviantArt/other art gallery sites are great tools for artists to host their work for long periods of time. Google Docs is another alternative in order to deliver art.

NOTE FOR THE SHOPS AND SELLERS:
We are extending a more than a month period for all active artists affected by Photobucket's new bandwidth limit to rehost their images on another image hosting service, have their goods delivered to the buyer in another manner, or have their Photobucket service functional. Reports filed involving non-delivery of art will be held until August 31st, 2017 @ 11:59:59 PM so everyone has the opportunity to fix the situation.

Within this time period, we expect artists to refund purchases or be ready to present their art. Otherwise, the Moderation Team will be unable to rule on behalf of the shop/seller in reported cases where Photobucket is the sole reason for lack of evidence. We also may hold artists liable for producing their goods in alternative ways, and if they are unable to, for refunding the purchase of the art back to the buyer.

Sellers need to host the art for a reasonable amount of time so the buyer has the opportunity to save/rehost the art themselves. It's highly recommend that you take a couple opportunities to notify buyers that their art needs to be saved/rehosted before taking it down, which we recommend hanging onto evidence that you have done so.

NOTE FOR THE BUYER:
Art buyers should be saving the art to their computer or rehosting their art that they receive immediately instead of relying on the artist to host the image indefinitely.

Once art is successfully produced, if a host or the artist takes down the image for any reason, the artist may not be liable if the buyer can no longer access the art. It is not the artist's responsibility to host the art for an extended amount of time, but they do have a a responsibility to host/provide access to the image for a reasonable amount of time in order for it to be saved and used by the buyer.

The above may not affect some shops! Check with the shop/seller to see if they will indefinitely host the art, or if they have a time limit of hosting the art for you. We recommend having this clarified in your shop's posts so there is not any confusion on who is responsible for this.

I hope this clarifies Gaia's position on such matters. Please use the allotted time to rehost, refund, or otherwise deliver any art that has been affected by Photobucket's new policies.
Allow Astra items to show up on Chrome

On the Chrome browser, for those who wish to remove the play button on top of avatars with Astra items that has Flash animation, you can adjust a setting here:

chrome://flags/#run-all-flash-in-allow-mode

You do need to cut and paste the above link to your Chrome browser for it to work.

Change the "Run all flash content" setting from "Default" to "Enabled", and hit the Relaunch button!

Thanks to Hateable for sharing the tip!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Ask the Staff

Hey everyone,

Ask the Staff is now live! You can check it out here! It runs until 5:00pm PDT! So ask away!

Did you miss Ask the Staff today? Get your questions in for next's week ATS at our ATS pre-event thread!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
In this farewell...

It starts with one... It's so unreal. Numb...
In the end... there is a new divide.
Crawling... from the castle of glass.
One step closer to where I belong.
I don't like my mind right now... Why is everything so heavy?

It's cool to be a part of recovery. This is just who I am...
I don't go out and pick fights, I don't drink. I choose to be sober now.
I always wanted to be a rock star. That was my childhood dream.
As an artist, I want a reaction...

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface.
I've become so numb, become so tired.
I don't know what's worth fighting for, tell me what I've gotta do.
I can't feel the way I did before, don't turn your back on me.
I may end up failing too...

I don't like to hold back, because that's how you hurt yourself.
This is a business of love and labor, if fans come up to me, I talk to them.
The fans are the biggest reason we do what we do.
Let's all choose to be a part of the cure.

The Requiem. The Radiance. Wisdom, Justice, and Love.
What we don't know is what we pretend to be.
Even in my remains- skin to bone- there is a homecoming from the roads less traveled.

You have inspired me in many ways you could never have known. Your talent was pure and unrivaled. You helped me understand that.

Go, you are not unknown. You are not alone. I'll be gone, but it was not all for nothing. One more light forevermore.

If you or someone you know is suicidal, or is struggling with other life issues, we ask that you please find immediate help. To assist you in finding the right resource for you, we have a list of phone numbers and websites you can contact for more help below:

Hotlines
  • National Suicide Hotline #1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
  • Mental Health America: 1-800-969-6642
  • Safe Alternative: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288)
  • 2ndFloor Youth Helpline: 888-222-2228
  • Child Health National Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4ACHILD or 1-800-422-4453
  • National Runaway Hotline: 1-800-621-4000
  • National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
  • Stop It Now Sexual Abuse Hotline: 1-888-PREVENT (773-8368)
  • Planned Parenthood, Inc: 1-800-230-PLAN (7526)

Websites

A hotline numbers list covering a wide spectrum of topics
http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/reslist/tollfree.cfm

A list of suicide hotline numbers in each state
http://suicidehotlines.com/

How to Cope with Someone Who is Suicidal
http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/whattodo.htm

Helping Someone Through a Suicide Crisis
http://helpguide.org/mental/suicide_prevention.htm

What to Do if Someone You Know Is Suicidal
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/suicide/MH00058

What to Do if Someone You Know Is Being Bullied
http://www.stopbullying.gov

Arli's Kouhai

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Avatar Builder Temporarily Disabled

Hi all! Avatar builder is temporarily offline because we've got new stuff coming soonâ„¢ ninja We'll let you know when it's back online!

Arli's Kouhai

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Hi everyone! Avatar Builder is back online, so happy outfit crafting!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Gatcha Some Fresh BAEkery Love! A tasty art contest! <3

Om nom nom! Time for another community contest to celebrate the fabulous new Gatcha Fresh Baekery!

Just draw your avatar with the Gaia NPC you would most want to go to a cafe with and make sure to include some kind of pastry or baked good in the picture and you could win!

Stop by the tasty and official contest thread and check it out!

heart yum_donut yum_cupcake yum_donut yum_cupcake yum_donut yum_cupcake heart

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Ask the Staff

Hey everyone,

Ads disable for funders now working

Just found the bug that was making ads display for funders. Sorry for the long wait! sweatdrop

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Inventory Loading Issues

Hey guys, we're aware that there are some issues happening with loading inventories at the moment. Our team our developers are looking into it, and we will keep you updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience! emotion_bigheart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces