Welcome to Gaia! ::

New Favorites Privacy Settings

Under your settings page, there is now an option to disable avatar favorites under the "Gaia Favorites" section.

This is a privacy setting that will make all favorites of your avatars not show up in public. Only the individual who favorited your avatar can view it.

The decision to not completely disable the feature outright was made because any user can save the graphic of any avatar image, and to force users to go back to saving images manually just doesn't make sense.

There's also been a category called "theme" added to avatar favorites. You'll see this option when adding or editing favorites. This will work with other filtering and search features later on.

Arli's Kouhai

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

New things are coming very soon... ninja Builder will be back up later today!

Arli's Kouhai

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Builder is back up and running! Happy wardrobe crafting~

Arli's Kouhai

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Breeze in the Dark Tier

Hi all! The Breeze in the Dark Tier disappeared for a few minutes there while we fixed a thing, so if you spent Gaia Cash between 2:59 PM and 3:02 PM PST on February 24th and this is not reflected on your Tier Spending page, then please file a billing inquiry at our Help Center, and we'll help you out as soon as we are able!
OMG spoiler bunnies, ahoy! (Avi Builder)

Just a small note:
We are disabling the Avatar Builder for a little while so we can roll out some awesome items for today's releases. Stay tuned and we will let you know when it is back online!

yum_strawberry
Avi Builder!

It's back up- we were able to dodge that spoiler bunny attack!

Thank you for your patience!
SCAS closed beta testing for zOMG

After a lot of blood, sweat and tears, zOMG is finally at a point to be tested. There are still a lot of work to be done, but bug testing need to start early.

All SCAS members should have access to play zOMG now. Please visit the SCAS guild page and you'll have access to the link for launching zOMG.

The bug list is high and looks like I won't be able to keep my promise for releasing zOMG by end of month, but very soon we should have the game ready. Stay tuned!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Ask the Staff

Hey everyone,

Ask the Staff is now live! You can check it out here! It runs until 5:00pm PST! So ask away!

Did you miss Ask the Staff today? Get your questions in for next's week ATS at our ATS pre-event thread!
Lanzer is bad at answering PM's

For the past week, I had been spending every moment of my time working on zOMG , so I only have time to answer about 10 private messages a day. Though recently I'm getting more and more messages that now I have a big backlog which I need to sort through. sweatdrop

For bug reports, item and feature quests, I'll add your suggestions to my to-do list, but I might not have time to everyone.

For those who need help with banning issues, account recovery issues, or other account related needs, please be sure to open a ticket through The Gaia Help Portal. It might take a while but we are ramping up our staff to handle your issue as we speak.

As usual, I'll try to answer as many PM's as I can on a daily basis.

I have a preview mode that allows me to read through all private messages at once, so your message might not be marked as read, but be assured that I go through all my messages. 3nodding
Changes to the Limited Quantity Item timetable!

Hello, Gaians!

We hope you’re having a great day. There’s a lot going on over here, and we want to keep you posted! Bear with us, this is a long post, but we want you all to be as informed as possible!

Starting today, March 1st, 2017, we are going to test out a new way of handling our Limited Quantity Items. We want to ensure that our community will benefit from how we handle our limited items, which is why this is going to be a trial for the time being.

As such, there will be a slight change in the Gaia-created Limited Quantity Item rules. User-designed item rules (Golden, Platinum, etc.) will not have these conditions applied to them and their rules will remain unchanged.

Limited Quantity Items will be in the store for their normal duration (for example, a Limited Quantity Item put in on March 4th will leave on March 8th). However, they will now be eligible for re-release (in any way, shape, or form) until the last day of the month that they were initially released. They will then not be re-released for 6 months, starting that last day at 11:59PM PST. This means they could potentially pop up from time to time within the month that they were first released, any time between the last day of their red time limit and the last day of that given month.

For example:
  • If they were initially released on March 1st, they have until March 31st; those items will then not be eligible for release until October 1st, 2017.
  • If they were released April 10th, they have until April 30th; those items will then not be eligible for re-release until November 1st, 2017.
  • If they were released on September 20th, they have until September 30th; those items will then not be eligible for re-release until April 1st, 2018.

So, as a review:
  • The new conditions will only apply to Limited Quantity Items that have not met their sale cap set in the Cash Shop. We will not add more to that cap. If the inventory is 399, we will only distribute 399 of that item.
  • If a Limited Quantity Item has sold out within the usual 4-5 day time frame then we will not apply these new conditions as there will not be inventory of that item left.
  • Gaia Online reserves the right to use leftover inventory of Limited Quantity Items at our discretion within the month of release. Not all leftover LQI inventory will be repackaged/re-released, so wait at your own risk as they will enter the rest period after the last day of the month.
  • User-designed items (items recolored with a submitted Rainbow Ticket, SDPlus Dolls made from submitted Platinum tickets, new designed items made from Golden Tickets) are not going to have these same conditions applied. All user-designed (usermade) items will remain unchanged from their respective rules.
  • All LQI items will not be eligible for recoloring with the Rainbow, Double Rainbow, Mini Rainbow or Baby Rainbow until after the 6 month rest period.

This may not happen with every Limited Quantity Item so, again, wait at your own risk! Since this will be in effect starting today, all past Limited Quantity Items are grandfathered under the old rules, and will have a full 6-month rest period from the day of release.

If we find that the benefits do not outweigh the negatives then we will revert back to the old timetable.

You are invited to offer your feedback in this thread here!

Thanks for tuning in, and we hope you are having a great week!

yum_strawberry

8,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
Announcement System Update

Hello Gaians! As mentioned a week or two ago, we've updated the announcement system! Community/story-driven posts will now show up first when clicking on the header notification bubble. Sales/items related announcements will now have their own sub-forum and be limited to 5 per day. The main announcement forum will contain community related posts, so you won't miss important updates biggrin Sales announcements should also decrease in frequency over time.
zOMG test servers downtime

To all SCAS testers:

I need to make some changes to the zOMG servers, so services will be down periodically between now and 7PM.

I will make a new announcement along with a new bug report thread when the new server is back up.
zOMG once again ready for SCAS testing

Dear SCAS members:

zOMG servers are back. Please test it and report any bugs in the new bug reporting thread:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25096131

Thank you!

For those who wish to know - SCAS is Gaia's beta testing team. Gaia recruit SCAS members every year to help test new features before they are released to the public. There will be an announcement next time we invite more SCAS testers.

8,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
Sales Announcements

Hello! I spoke too soon about the sales announcement limit of 5 per day. We are working on on a plan to scale these back though, so we'll let you know as soon as it's in place biggrin

Sorry for the communication error.

Arli's Kouhai

Peaceful Protagonist

6,290 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Generator Parcel Update & Clarifications

Hello everyone! I'm Takuya, and as of today I will be handling Generator Parcel requests. There's a bit of a backlog to work through, but I hope that we'll be able to start releasing Generator Parcel item generators soon! As I've been working through email submissions and questions I've noticed some common overlap in concerns and item requests, so I wanted to provide you all with an update and some clarifications with regard to what the Generator Parcel can and can't be used for.

What you CAN include in your Generator Parcel request:
  • Non-exclusive equippable items, including Limited Quantity items that have cleared the 6-month release mark.

What you CANNOT include in your Generator Parcel request:
  • Project Tickets, Quartz Stubs, Perfect Parcels, and any other similar redeemable/non-equippable items.

• Kin, item bundles, chance items, and game/Alchemy items, as they are not equippable.

• Project Custom items created by people other than you. (While you can redeem a Perfect Parcel in some instances to receive a custom item created by another user, the Generator Parcel does not allow for this.)

• Any tier exclusive item from before August 2016 or from a Project Diamond Ticket tier.

• Tier exclusive items from August 2016 or later that have not cleared the 6 month waiting period.

Rule Exceptions:
  • Project Custom items that you created can be included in your item generator, provided it is not an exclusive/limited-release item (such as a Project Platinum Ticket doll or Golden Scissor's Custom Cut exclusive hairstyle). Rainbow Parcel bundles and their exclusive items are not eligible, but you can select one of the non-exclusive items from your Rainbow Parcel bundle if you so choose.

• You can request a maximum of one Limited Edition Collector's Pass exclusive item as part of your submission, provided it has been more than 6 months since the item was released as part of the Collector's Pass. You individually will be granted the equippable exclusive item, and one Limited Edition Collector's Pass that contains that exclusive will be included in your item generator as a rare drop. This does not apply to Collector's Pass Plus exclusives, which cannot be selected as part of this exception.

The official rules have been updated to better reflect what is stated here, as well. I hope this clears things up for those curious! If you have any questions or concerns with regard to Generator Parcels, or if you have previously submitted a Generator Parcel request and would like to update or alter your submission, please feel free to send an email to theredeemproject @ gaiaonline.com and I'll reply as soon as I am able!

~Takuya

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces