Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scurvy Pirate

Flynn's Plunder Updated!

Are you ready for a walk down memory lane? Flynn’s Plunder has just been updated with an assortment of the rarest and most popular items released in 2003. These items will only be up for a week though so, if you want a shot at some of the most memorable items on the site, you better start bidding! Once these items go away, we’ll replace them with a new assortment of items from 2004. After that, 2005, then 2006, 2007, etc. Make sure you stay tuned, it’s going to be a long ride.

Start Bidding Now!

Scurvy Pirate

Halloween Has Ended!

The dust has settled and our heroic NPCs are nowhere to be seen! Before the bomb went off, Easter Bunny's team was overpowering Jack's team so, following the standard rules of Holiday God PvP Battles, the victory must be awarded to Easter Bunny and his team. As a result, the item everyone receives for participating in the event will be decidedly Easter Bunny themed. We're in the process of running a script to grant all participants this new item, as well as, retroactively granting any items or achievements that anyone missed. All of these will just show up in your account once the script gets to you and we'll update this once the script actually finishes running (it will take awhile). it's done!

For those of you saddened by the removal of Switchem, fear not! Due to the positive reaction to the game, we'll be bringing it back again for future events/occasions, likely with new artwork and items. Keep your eyes peeled for this, we're far from done with it.

As mentioned previously, we'll also be bringing the Battle system back! Obviously, it won't be included in every single event but we plan to bring it back when it makes sense to include it. All of your stats and progress will carry over to the future instances of the system so don't worry if you weren't quite able to reach level 10 this time around.

In case you haven't seen it yet, check out the shocking end to this year's Halloween event right here. Did Jack and Easter Bunny survive the blast? Find out in the next installment of A Bunny's Lament coming this winter right here on Gaia Online.

For those who like to see the big numbers, we've included a few choice bits of info below for you to chew on.

Thanks to all of you who helped make this one of the biggest Halloween events we've ever had! We hope you had fun!
- The Event Team

Those Numbers!
Total Participants: 111,476
Total Number of Attacks: 4,823,913
Total Number of Kills: 560,706
Total Number of Heals: 2,580,102
Total Number of Event Page Views: 2,428,631
Highest Number of Posts in a Day: 1,009,399
Average Number of Posts a Day During Event: 770,467
Total Number of Posts Made During Event: 11,701,271
Total Number of Wing Stickers Collected: 354,228
Total Number of Trick-or-Treaters: 105,262
Total Number of Candies Collected: 6,680,168

Scurvy Pirate

Flynn's Plunder Update

Bidding on the valuable 2003 items in Flynn's Plunder will be ending this Sunday, the 10th. If you want your chance to grab an old, rare item then you better start warming up your bidding finger because things will likely get much faster as the end date draws ever closer. Head on over to Flynn’s store and start practicing today!

Just so you all know, the Flynn's Plunder update with 2004 items will go up sometime after next Monday as I will be unavailable to update it until then. This means there will be a short period where there aren't any items listed again. I'll make another update once the items are available for bidding.

Good luck and happy bidding!

Scurvy Pirate

Flynn's Plunder 2004 Update!

Flynn has updated her store with the rare and desired items from 2004 that she found in her never-ending plunder. Just like last week, these items will only be available for one week so if you want to grab them, visit her store and start bidding now!

Happy Bidding!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
It's World Kindness Day! <3

Hey everyone!

Did you know that today is World Kindness Day? Many countries around the world use today to celebrate kindness - either being kind to others, or celebrating people who have been kind to you.

We think kindness is a fantastic thing to celebrate! Too often in this world there is negativity and unkindness. We think a community contest and hang out thread to share kindness is just what we need!

Please feel free to join in the positivity and fun and share happy thoughts of gratitude with your fellow Gaians in our fun Kindness contest thread!

Come join the fun and share your uplifting stories! biggrin

-Sisky

Scurvy Pirate

Bug Fixes/Changes 11/14/13

We've just pushed a handful of changes to some areas of the site, as well as, beefed up our account security.

First off, we've updated the Cash Shop so that items appear in the correct order of when they were created, making it easier to find the newest items fast (Hint: Use the default setting and look at the first item in the first row).

Next, we've updated the left-aligned site header so that it can support larger widths like those that the centered site header uses. This allows the left-aligned header to use the newer CI/event banners that utilize the larger widths. If you cannot see the headers or have noticed images missing around the site, it's likely because you have AdBlocked one of our CDN's image hosting directories (/mfs/index/adminupload/). If you want to see the images, you'll need to allow images from that directory to be served to your browser.

Lastly, we've fixed a major security hole with our inactive login blocks. As it was, the feature prevented an account from being logged into if it was locked out only the first time it was attempted. Any subsequent attempt at logging into the account would allow access so long as the password was correct, thereby bypassing the locked out check. This has been fixed and is retroactive which means any account, that was flagged for being locked out while this glitch was active, will now be locked out and will need to follow the proper steps to have the account reactivated (See below). Additionally, we have seen a recent spike in old accounts being logged into by less than reputable individuals so we are lowering the inactive account threshold from 5 years to 2 years in order to better protect these accounts. Since this feature was put in place almost a year ago, we feel that enough time has passed to allow for regularly used accounts to be logged into and updated so as to avoid being locked out by this. Overall, we believe that this will keep Gaia accounts more secure from unapproved access and help prevent more hacks from occcuring. We're actively monitoring this and will adjust any details as needed.

If you need help reactiving an account, just follow the steps below:

1. Copy the following link and paste it into notepad or another word doc for the time being. In other words, don't erase it!: https://www.gaiaonline.com/supportal/login/?task=ticket

2. In order to file a ticket, you'll need to do so from a secondary account. You may use an existing account you own, or may create a new Gaia account to file the ticket. Once you are on your secondary account, paste the link you previously copied into your browser to open a ticket.

3. Once on the ticket page, choose the following options from the drop-down menus:
- For Subject, choose General Account Inquiry
- For Topics, choose 6 Month Reactivation
- Fill out ALL the form fields in the ticket then click "Finish" to submit your ticket. Once it comes up in our queue, a customer service representative will process your ticket and help you get your account reinstated!

Naughty Goat

19,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hey Gaians!

Some of you may already know that tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of the classic scifi show, Doctor Who! It first aired in 1963, and is the longest running scifi series in the world. Wow!

To celebrate this, we thought about making an item, but then decided, eh, it won't hurt if we ignore this one. Take the day off. Eat some cake instead. Maybe next time!

I guess there's a slim chance not making a free item could possibly lead to some kind of horrible catastrophe that would require maybe like some kind of time traveler to come back and plant a secret message to avert it. But yeah, it's pretty slim. Hardly any chance.

Allons-y!

Aged Genius

Towns 2 Fixes!

It's raining bugs, flowers, and trash! No, really! Weather effects have just been added to Towns 2 along with a fix that should allow you to actually keep the bugs, flowers, and trash that you pick up! Crazy right? We'll be watching to make sure it's actually fixed this time for sure but everything appears to be working correctly so far. Sorry it's taken so long to get it straightened out.

Now, for your weekend weather report...

Barton and Durem will be cloudy with a 100% chance of rain. Aekea will have intermittent periods of fog and clouds. Gambino will be sunny and warm so it's a good time to head to the beach!

Check out all the weather effects now!

Go to Towns

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

Black Friday Sale Shenanigans

Hello everyone!

I hope your Thanksgiving was full of fun and delicious food!

Just so that you're aware, we've had a few technical difficulties with our Black Friday Sale~ some of the scheduled items have not been going in at the correct times. If you've had a problem purchasing an item due to the scheduling glitches, please feel free to file a ticket through the help center or contact me directly via PM.

Things *should* be going smoothly now, but if you see any issues with items not going into the shop feel free to report them to me via PM!

Thank you for your understanding, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Holidays!

Scurvy Pirate

Last Call for Turkey!

If you haven’t slipped into a weekend-long food coma or been trampled in a stampede of shopping fury, be sure to spend a few minutes enjoying our Thanksgiving festivities this weekend. Everything will turn off at 12:00pm PST on Monday, December 2nd so if you haven’t obtained all the items in Switchem, become a crackshot in Gobble Gobble Bang Bang, or received a special Thanksgiving item from [NPC] Turkey then head on over and do so now!

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

BFS Items in Shop!

Hi everyone!

Hope you’re having a great weekend! As I mentioned earlier, there were a few glitches with Black Friday Sale scheduling. To make up for it, some items are making an extra appearance in the shop tonight!

Don’t Miss Out!
Black King's Advance

Hello, Gaians. For those of you who don't know me, allow me to make some quick introductions: I am the Black King, champion of this great realm. Normally I would not waste my time addressing the rabble, but I come before you today to bring to light a grievous offense the White King has committed against my kingdom. My family has possessed a precious gem, the Deep Blue, as part of our royal regalia for centuries. In fact, my queen is wearing it now as the most splendid jewel in her crown. However, it appears that the White King had commissioned a group of dirty thieves to smuggle it away to his castle. Perhaps the White King didn't think I would notice? How utterly pathetic. My guards have apprehended these would-be conspirators and they now await trial in the dungeon, where such pitiful rogues belong.

Did you take me for a fool, White King? Well, now everyone can see who the true fool really is.

Scurvy Pirate

Site Accessibility Issues

We've been experiencing some issues with our load balancing the last couple days that have resulted in lag and not being able to access the site at all. Our Ops team has been and is aware of these issues and continues to deal with them as they occur. If you run into issues with heavy lag or can't access the site, rest assured that we are aware of it and will have everything fixed and back up as soon as we can. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Scurvy Pirate

BOOOOOM!

As you may have noticed, we're currently experiencing some pretty nasty technical difficulties. We're continuing to work toward getting everything resolved and back up as soon as possible so sit tight until then. Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience!
White Queen's Counter

My dear Gaians, it is under most distressing circumstances that I find myself before you today. I am the White Queen, and I am here to address the terrible slander the Black King has committed against my husband. The White King would never seek to steal any gems from the Black Queen, as it is simply not in his nature to stoop to such desperate measures. We possess our own set of royal regalia that would no doubt put the Black Kingdom's to absolute shame. Still, I find it hardly surprising that the Black Queen would make such accusations. Her histrionics are well-known across our kingdom, and it appears that my poor envoys -- not thieves, mind you -- must suffer for her selfish cruelty. The White King and I demand the immediate release of our diplomats, and a personal apology from the Black King and Black Queen for spreading such hearsay.

Your move, Black King.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces