Welcome to Gaia! ::

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Join us for Ask the Admin

Hey Gaians! You can join us now for this week's Ask the Admin!

You can join the discussion thread here!

Scurvy Pirate

Marketplace Item Duplication

Some of you may have noticed that specific items are appearing to have multiple entries in the item search results for the Marketplace. This is a bug related to the targeted item sales and we're working on a fix for it now. We'll have it resolved ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Scurvy Pirate

zOMG Server Issues

The maintenance last night caused a couple of the zOMG servers to crash when they were initially turned back on. Our Operations team is working on getting these servers back up so sit tight and we'll hopefully have them all back up soon.

Jack's Invitation

The pre-event for Halloween is in full swing and the 4th community goal has almost been reached! As of this update, you're only 90 million gold away! Keep that gold coming in and the mysterious item from the past will be revealed!

(HTML code)

Flynn's Plunder

The great Pants Occupation of 2013 has come to a close. Flynn and her plunder are now updated with an assortment of festive items for you all to bid on. Whether you're looking for shirts, pants, paper bags, or candy corn accessories, you'll find all you need to get in the Halloween spirit. You'll need to act fast though, these items will only be there for the next 2 weeks. Good luck and happy bidding!

(HTML code)

Scurvy Pirate

zOMG Servers Back Up

All three zOMG servers should be back up and available again now. Sorry for the downtime!

Marketplace Search

We just pushed a fix for the duplicate item results that seems to have broken the search results for all items. We're working on a fix for this now and should have it fixed shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Join us for Ask the Admin

Hey Gaians! You can join us now for this week's Ask the Admin!

We often get a lot of similar questions from Gaians, so we've created a nifty FAQ that you can read to see if we've answered your question before, you can find it here!

You can join the discussion thread here!

Scurvy Pirate

Battle Magic Poll Grants

The special grant for our Battle Magic sponsorship was not working for the first 10 minutes or so after it went out. We've fixed the issue so if you did not receive your grant the first time, please visit the thread and vote again. You should receive the grant correctly now. Sorry the inconveience!

Go Vote Now

Halloween Goldsink

The pre-event goldsink ended a little prematurely this morning. I've extended its duration to the correct end date now so you should be able to access it again for now. Hurry though, the actual event launch is drawing closer so you don't have much more time to get in on the awesome prizes in the goldsink.

Go Donate Now!

Scurvy Pirate

Halloween Trick or Treating!

Our beloved shopkeepers have donned their new costumes and stocked up on plenty of candies and rewards to give away this year. Can you get all 8 items? Do you know who each NPC is dressed up as? Do you like candy, grab bags, items, and more? Head on over to the shops and get started now!

(HTML code)

Note: There is a timeout of 30 seconds between candies so we don't clog our server tubes with too many sticky candies. We've also added a fancy little indicator to the shops navigation that will show you which stores you have yet to collect candy from. Hope it helps!

- Gaia Event Team

Scurvy Pirate

Trick or Treating Fix

I just fixed a pesky bug that was preventing users from collecting more than one set of the ToT items and even accessing those shops at all. Everyone should now be able to collect the full set of Trick or Treat items a total of 3 times. For those of you who like math, that's 528 candies. Good luck, I hope you brought a big enough pail to carry all that candy in!
A seasonal treat for you... Switchem!
Hey Gaians!

We know that you like Trick-or-Treating, but sometimes we just aren't feeling much like tricksters. Sometimes we just want to give you a treat.

Since you've asked us for more fun and cute games on Gaia, as part of your Halloween surprise this year, we're pleased to introduce you to our new game called Switchem - a cute yet challenging tile-matching game that we think you will all love!

Please feel free to check out the game HERE!

And check out the thread with a game-play mini-FAQ HERE!

Hope you enjoy this and have fun with it!

Have a spooktacular evening everyone! biggrin

Scurvy Pirate

Jack's Goldsink Has Ended

A pre-event goldsink ending...mysterious forums appearing...an air of suspense forming...

I wonder what it all could mean...
Trash/Bug collecting in Towns2 fixed

There have been a handful of small issues plaguing collection in towns2 for the past few months; these have now been resolved. You will now be able to collect trash and bugs once per time period per community. If you're willing to move around a bit between the 4 community types, you'll be able to collect things more quickly.

Scurvy Pirate

Halloween Bug Fixes

I've buffed the hit rates for all classes so all attacks should now be 10-20% more likely to hit, and yeah, this is effective immediately. I've seen a lot of complaints that the hit rates were too low so I'm hoping this helps with that. Please keep in mind though, the rate is based on your class, the class of your target, your level, and your target's level. If you go and pick a fight with someone 5 levels higher than you, you're unlikely to hit them. If you attack someone of the same class, you're pretty much fighting yourself so it could go either way. Each class has its strengths and weaknesses so figure out who you work best against and look for them.

Health and energy regeneration weren't working correctly unless your stats were being checked regularly. I've fixed this so going forward it should work as intended, a set amount to health and energy after a set amount of time (I'm still tweaking the rates and amounts to best fit). As a side effect of this, anyone who had less than max health/energy before the fix should be bumped up to max now, enjoy!

Scurvy Pirate

Halloween Bug Fix Update

Greater than, less than, equal to, scaling, balancing, and calculation. These are the things that plagued me with attacking hit rates. My initial stab at it skewed favor toward those with high luck, and my fix skewed it toward those with low luck. I've now gone back to the drawing board and designed a new formula to calculate hit percentage, counter attack rate, critical hits, and super effective heals. It's lean, mean, and even better than before because it actually works. Sorry for all the issues that this has caused but I'm 99.9% confident this will now fix that.

Virtual Piggy Announcement Revision

The recent Virtual Piggy announcement about the event mentioned that the Virtual Piggy Luck Potions helped by leveling you up. This is actually not accurate. The Virtual Piggy Luck Potions do not affect your level at all. The only thing that they do actually affect is your Luck stat and they only increase it by 1 point. Sorry for the confusion about this, the announcement has been revised to reflect the correct functionality.

Scurvy Pirate

Halloween Bug Fix Update 2

So I managed to still not get it right and attacks were going through unchecked for the last hour or so. I've fixed this now too so all the dodging, countering, critical hit goodness should be back now. Sorry about that.

I've also removed the Event Menu buttons from below avatars if that user has recently died, thereby not allowing them to be attacked, and you're not on their team. I hope this helps cut down on some of the unnecessary page reloads when trying to find someone to attack!

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

Halloween Potions--- And a Challenge!

Vengeance is kicking into full gear and La Victoire is all stocked up on potions and boosters to help you in your holiday mayhem! These little bottles do everything from replenishing your health and energy to letting you enter into the legendary boss mode!

In addition, I've just been notified that Jack and the Easter Bunny have issued a challenge to Gaians everywhere! Get in there and take them down!

Good luck everyone! And don't forget to...

Get some potions!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces