Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

pytes n' bixels+++++++++++
This is an Art Request thread, searching for art of both Original Characters and some of my favorite past/present Gaia avatars. I have a large stockpile of both items and pure gold that I am willing to offer in return for artwork, but I must ask for reasonable prices. I am willing to pay a lot for excellent art, but not always the ridiculously inflated amounts that most shops request.

This is also a central place for me to offer artwork either in trade, or for gold/items. I am a pixel artist, so primarily I make pixel art, with a definite affinity for dolls. I also worked for a while as a sprite artist here on Gaia, so I might also be willing to do some sprite edits, if you're interested. You can find more information about that in the Art for Sale post.

If you're wondering what the heck pytes n' bixels means...the answer is absolutely nothing. It's a spoonerism of bytes n' pixels, that I chose because I thought it sounded cute. C:

Table of Contents+++++++++++
01. Introduction
02. Rules and Offers
03. Request of the Moment
04. Ever
05. Avatars
06. Other Characters
07. Art for Sale
08. Received Art
09. Links and Affiliates
10. Bump it Up

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Obey all rules of Gaia's ToS, and be respectful toward other users.

Advertising your shop/request in this thread, or in any other user's thread, is considered spam.
▸▸▸ Save that behavior for the Chatterbox, unless you are asking to be added to my links post.

Please don't make art until I've confirmed your offer, unless it's a freebie.

Only take art if it was made specifically for you, and you have paid for it.

No begging. T___T

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

I am interested in art of any of the avs in the "Avatar" post.

Character of the Moment+++++++++++
At the moment, I would most like any kind of art of Ever, or Charlie
I am also interested in art of any of the other chars in the "Original Characters" post.

Pricing+++++++++++
In general, I am looking for reasonable prices. I'm willing to pay 250-500k for a full-body full-color piece of good quality, 100-250k for a decent waist-up or bust shot, 50-100k for a creative and artistic chibi. I'm not particularly interested in generic anime/manga style, and I'm really not interested in bobble-head anime chibis. I might be willing to pay a bit more for art of really good quality. I adore vectors, American Comic Book style, or Indie Comic style.

I'm also willing to part with some of my Hoard of Stuff in return for art. This thread is periodically updated with a list of what I have in storage. Peruse it, and if you see something you like, let me know.

If you like pixel art, you should also check out the Art for Sale post for information about the kind of work I do. I might be willing to do an art trade!

Making an Offer+++++++++++
If you're interested in making art for me, please fill out the following form and post it here in the thread:

[size=18][b][color=#832b5d]LEMME MAKE YOU SOME PYTES N' BIXELS![/color][/b][/size]
      [b]I'm offering:[/b] what kind of art are you offering? full body, headshot, chibi, etc, and style.
      [b]I'd like to draw:[/b] what are you going to draw? character name, or av name, or anything.
      [b]In return I'd like:[/b] what are your prices like? gold amount, item, or art trade with details.
      [b]Examples of my work:[/b] show me your stuff! link to a thread or post images or links.

If you're AWESOME and made me a freebie, then post it with this form so I don't miss it!

[size=18][b][color=#832b5d]I MADE SOME FREE PYTES N' BIXELS![/color][/b][/size]
      [b]And here it is:[/b] either link to your art, or post the image here!

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Ever is my oldest and most beloved RP char. I have way to much information about him. He's an underfed, pain in the butt, gay-as-they-come, chain-smoking, gin-and-tonic-drinking, no-chance-in-hell-does-he-sparkle vampire. If you're interested, read on. I love art of him.

Appearance+++++++++++
Build: Underfed, extremely skinny, almost dangerously so. He is not girly, but is slim, sharp angles. Boney. He is also on the tall side, about 5'11", with long arms and legs and big gangly hands and feet.

Skin: Pale, and somewhat unnaturally so. It's a sickly sort of pale, more bleached than most people, but there is the occasional wash of color across his cheeks.

Features: His face is sharp, with a pointed chin and a wide mouth. His nose is large, with a bend in the bridge like it was broken and improperly set.

Eyes: Almond-shaped and black; not dark brown, not deep blue but black, like his irises have swelled up to swallow his pupils.

Hair: His hair is a snow white, soft and fluffy like down. He keeps it cropped short, and it usually looks like a blind man took a pair of scissors to it. Fancy that.

Hands: His hands and arms are scarred; a network of fine criss-crossing slashes that cover him from fingertip up his palm, fading out slowly up the insides of his arms almost to the elbow.

Clothing: Black and white, almost exclusively, much of it old and worn and stored in a black shoulder bag he carries everywhere with him. His boots are ancient and black, steel toed docs held together primarily with duct tape. His boxers are the only bright color he usually wears, purchased in some funny bulk package, covered in funny things like duckies or kisses or smiley faces. He does own some more put-together outfits, now, with well-fitted pants and collared shirts and the occasional skinny tie or suit jacket. He also owns one preppy high school uniform.

Accesories: Ever always, 100% of the time, wears a slim silver lightning bolt pendant on a long piece of black cord around his neck. It may be tucked into his shirt, but it's always there. He also wears glasses, these days -- either thick, geeky plastic frames or a more classic, slim-metal pair in silver.

Smoking: Ever smokes quite a bit, these days. He's usually seen with a cigarette in hand, though he'll scold humans for doing the same.

Tekteks+++++++++
Tekteks: Below, please find some tekteks I created of Ever at various points in his life.

User ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

More Information+++++++++
Ever's history: as well as some suggestions for artwork ideas can be found in this thread: All About Ever

Existing Artwork+++++++++
More can be found in this photobucket album.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image

Payment++++++++++++++
Anyone who draws Ever will also get the following specialty Digitoy with their username on the tag:

book case with lighter accessory, only available here!

Just add the following when you submit your art:
      [b]Digitoy please![/b] put the name you'd like on the tag here!

At the end of every month, the egg will hatch.

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Steampunk Fae+++++++++++
See existing art here.

I want any of the following: cute, serious, sill, tough, weak, fancy, sketchy, lines, color, ANYTHING.

He has no set personality, because I like to see how different people interpret the items and the concept: a steampunk messenger boy on mechanical wings! Do you see him as a high society son of privilege, who has received this job from his father? Is he a street urchin who worked his way up one step? Are his clothes worn or new, are they a uniform or his own personal flair? It's all up to you. This is the avatar I am most interested in, and art of him will probably be my favorite. (:

Archangel+++++++++++
See existing art here.

I want any of the following: serious, tough, sketchy, lines, color, etc.

The archangel has intimidating, blank glowing eyes behind a slim black mask that mars his features. His mouth should have a steady, strong set to it, the sword in his hand a tool of justice. He is not a Christian archangel but something else entirely: some dark spirit that is suited better to Irish mythology, killing in the night, sometimes with a cause and sometimes for reasons that are impenetrable and frightening...

Fairy King+++++++++++
See existing art here.

I want any of the following: serious, tough, sketchy, lines, color, etc.

A wry sense of humor, a tendency to binge on the sweet things, this fairy king might be a bit pudgy around the midsection and should certainly have a strong, aristocratic nose. He can sparkle, and shimmer, and generally be fruity and snobbish.

Used Halo Salesman+++++++++++
See existing art here.

I want any of the following: cartoony, wicked, humorous, sleazy, lines, color, etc.

The Used Halo Salesman travels Gaia with a trunk of 'slightly used' halos. Never fret, though, he promises they still work well enough. He has just the halo for you, in fact. Its previous owner was a little old granny, only took it out for a spin once a week...barely any use on this sucker. What will it take for him to get you under this halo today?

Mechanical Bard+++++++++++
See existing art here.

I want any of the following: cute, serious, sill, tough, weak, fancy, sketchy, lines, color, ANYTHING.

Some undefined point in the future, robots are battling for the right to be considered sentient creatures with full civil rights. This model is a bard model, expressing himself through the use of his music in a startlingly beautiful way. He doesn't care if robots get rights or not, so long as he is allowed to make his art, and live his life, and wander the world. Might also be drawn with milkbun's robot character.

Merry Christmas!+++++++++++
See existing art here.

I want any of the following: sexy, cute, silly, weak, fancy, sketchy, lines, color, etc.

My Christmas av, every year, includes a little green into the usual color palette; feel free to make this av more festive, rosy-cheeked and friendly, laughing or sober and kind as Santa Claus himself. Bedeck him in ivy or bells, turn his crown of leaves into holly and berries, let him lounge in snow drifts or sing carols. He is a spirit of the festive season.

Happy Valentine's Day!+++++++++++
See existing art here.

I want any of the following: sexy, cute, silly, weak, fancy, sketchy, lines, color, etc.

My Valentine's Day av, and a sexy favorite -- because, really, what could be sexier than too-big boxers, combat boots, knobbly white-as-paper knees and the rest of this skinny-boy frame!? This is a request for silly art. Exaggerate this poor dude's less-than-buff appearance, how silly he looks in his boxers, how grumpy he is about the holiday, and everything else about him!

His tattoos should be some kind of sprawling tribal design across his arms and shoulders. (:

Other Avs+++++++++++

I want any of the following: cute, serious, silly, tough, weak, fancy, sketchy, lines, color, ANYTHING.

You can find every avatar I've ever had on Gaia in this thread here. If you'd like to draw any of them, you're welcome to do so. They're all red and black and white and gold and vampire base. ^^

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

About the Characters+++++++++++
These are all characters that come from an original, modern fantasy setting, from a one-on-one RP with xelhaspixiestix. I'm interested in art of any and all of them, either solo or [sometimes] couple art. They are primarily male, and they mostly look male, not like girls without the boobs. Some of these characters are gay, but this doesn't turn them into women, thank you. I'm interested in getting art from people who understand the anatomical differences between the two sexes.

Since there's a lot of information here, I've shrunk down the text to small size. Just copy & paste to read it more easily!

Charlie+++++++++++
See existing art here.
Name: Charles A. Harkins
Nickname: Charlie
Birth Date: April 11th, 1980
Apparent Age: 28

Appearance

Charlie's about 6' even, with dark brown hair that's just long enough to be pulled back into a ponytail, with bits and pieces of hair escaping all around his face. His skin is white, but it's not pale -- he does get sun, sometimes, enough that he has something of a tan. He also generally has a five o'clock shadow.

His eyes are gold, rimmed with a very dark ring -- like the eyes of a red tailed hawk. This is because, well, he has a little red tailed hawk in him; he also has banded hawk wings. They can be either miniature or full-sized, because they've grown quite a bit in the past few weeks, but originally they were ridiculously cute, to counter his buff, angry demeanor.

For clothing, he wears a bouncer's clothing -- except this is a supernatural night club. So he has a pair of dragon leather pants, for instance, and a matching pair of boots with steel toes and maybe some spikes on them. A black t-shirt might work, maybe with some kind of leather jacket over it.

Alternately, he could be in his favorite pants, that he only wears in private, which are a pair of seafoam green scrub bottoms, stolen from the hospital when he escaped. But if you do him without a shirt, he has a lot of surgery scars, the marks of removed stitches and precise incisions, all over his chest/stomach/back, where exploratory surgery to check out his insides took place...and one wound on his shoulder, in the back, that looks like a gunshot wound, or maybe like something pole-shaped was implanted there.

Personality

Charlie is angry, stoic and stubborn; he has a lot of frustration and negative emotions that he keeps carefully under wraps...but when he bursts, it's frequently disastrous.

Most of his free time is spent doing one of these things:

1. Watching television, with a love for slasher fics and horror that cannot be matched. However, he'll watch just about anything.
    2. Sparring, with an old-fashioned long sword, wings bared or tucked away, with anyone.
    3. Working, prowling the dance floor at the club where he bounces, keeping an eye on any potential trouble.

Rabi+++++++++++
See existing art here.
Name: Unknown
Nickname: Rabi
Birth Date: Unknown
Apparent Age: 28-29

Appearance

Rabi's ancestry must be something from the middle east: his skin is a smooth hazelnut color, his hair color a deep brown black with a slight unnatural sheen of red through it. sharp Arabic features, a straight and pointed nose, and a very wide and generous mouth that pulls into a grin full of white teeth. His eyes are a sharp, inhuman amber, under thick but groomed dark eyebrows. His build is triangular, attractive -- except that he frequently has a harried, half-starved, too-skinny-for-the-sake-of-fashion look about him, the shape of ribs vaguely visible under the skin, knees just a little bit knobby.

Not that his shape matters much; he covers up the skinny frame with clothing that fits well and suits him even better. His favorite boots are mid-calf monsters with flames on the toes, a pristine and shiny black that has been preserved, hasn't gotten that worn-down look that most old leather has, but he'll wear other things in a similar vein. Most of his pants are close fitting, generally in bold-patterns, tending toward 'fashionable' over 'comfortable'. Sometimes they're denim, carefully torn; others they're leather, pristine as his boots; he'll also wear wild plaids and strappy creations, tucked down into the tops of his boots. He'll wear t-shirt, or close fitting long-sleeved creations in bold colors and patterns under jackets, or vests, or hoodies -- or, really, whatever's 'in' at the moment, especially among the party crowd.

His hair, however, might be the masterpiece of it all. It changes almost as often as his style does, and is generally over-the-top in a way that few men can pull off. A fire engine red mohawk that stands high up off of his head. A white, shortly-cropped mess with streaks of color worked through it. A wild mess of braids. Shaved on one side, striped black and white, tipped with pink, braided to the small of his back, liberty spikes -- he'd try just about anything. He tends toward red, however, and the mohawk seems to be his default, when nothing more creative crops up.

Personality

Self-centered, somewhat malicious, and utterly without conscience -- it's been observed that Rabi might not have a soul. He comes off cheerful, flippant, sometimes a bit flighty, makes friends easily, and then tends to do everything he can to toy with them, crush them, tease them, and dig at them. He comes off extremely sexual, but in the end is just a godawful flirt who never plans to follow through.

1. Art, with a preference toward blowtorch and metal sculptures, or graffiti anywhere it could get him in trouble.
    2. Drugs, particularly the sort of downers that leave him comfortably sprawled and dozing somewhere.
    3. Dancing -- not on stage but in a big crowd of people somewhere, with loud music and little conversation.

Eli+++++++++++
See existing art here.
Name: Elisha Greene
Nickname: Eli
Birth Date: October 8th, 1976
Apparent Age: Early 30s

Appearance

Eli is slightly shorter than average at around 5'5", with an average build. As a cop, he has to keep in shape, and he mostly does so -- strengthening fat to muscle while still retaining a softness around the edges. He is not cut, he is just fit.

His face is sharp, with a pointed chin and a long nose. His mouth is wry, with a narrow upper lip that leaves him looking somewhat cynical. His eyes are somewhat narrow, darkly lashed and surprisingly feminine in the strength of the rest of his face, and are a muted grey that might seem blue or green depending on the clothing he wears, and his mood.

Even at thirty-three, his once-black hair is speckled here and there with white strands, and it's much worse if he tries to grow a beard. That will generally come out mostly-grey, sparse, and unattractive. So he doesn't. He generally crops his hair around the ears, just long enough that he can tuck it back out of his face if needs be.

He always tends toward collared shirts and black slacks. Off the job, he might wear jeans, but generally does not; he'd rather something comfortable and a little wider in the leg. His shoes of choice look like loafers and feel like sneakers, in brown or black.

Scars and markings wise, he has a faint discoloration and distortion where he once wore a wedding ring on his left hand, but which is now blank. There is a faint but distinct line from his temple down one cheekbone to his jaw, jagged and light, that likely came from hitting his head. Beyond that, he is startlingly unscarred

Personality

Something about Eli seems perpetually tired, worn out; this might be due to the difficulties of his [fortunately childless] marriage and his separation from his wife. However, despite this sunken-eyed and somewhat-lonely expression on his face, he struggles for humor. His mouth is frequently turned up into a black smile, amusement warring with desperation in the back of grey eyes, jokes and jabs coming too-quickly to his tongue. His men both love and hate him for this. He cuts them down, but it's because he knows them, cares about them, and takes the time to bother.

Without any kind of heavy-handed attempt at getting him out, Eli would just as soon stay in, by himself, drink and watch television and indulge in the black wound in the pit of his stomach. This is why he usually stays at work late, later than he has to, and probably what makes him so damned good at his job.

1. Working, officially, doing paperwork in the office or sending out other officers on patrol.
    2. Working, unofficially, hunting supernatural creatures that are a danger to the humans in his town and taking them down.

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

About my Art+++++++++++
I almost exclusively make pixel art and dolls, with some experience doing Gaia sprite edits, since I worked briefly as a Gaia sprite artist. All of these things are generally very small in scale and also extremely time consuming. As such, despite their small size, I'm afraid I have to ask for a decent amount of gold in order to make them worth it.

You can find samples of all the kind of work I do in this gallery if you'd like to take a look, though I'll also provide some of my favorite pieces by category below.

Pixel Art+++++++++++
I can make adorable pixel food, fruit, full-body character art, or portrait character art from scratch. Prices on this will vary. Micro food or other tiny things could go for 2-10k. A small pixel item might be between 10-25k, depending on how elaborate it is. A medium sized, or large item might be 25-100k. For character art, I will probably request upward of 200k, scaling up with size.

Tiny Samples, 2-10k.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Small Samples, 10-25k.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Medium Samples, 25-100k.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Character Art Samples, 200k+.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pixel Dolls+++++++++++
Pixel dolls are pixel art of characters created on existing base bodies. The bodies are used with the permission of the artists who created them. If I make pixel dolls, they will either be made on my own base, as seen here, or on one of the bases in this folder on deviantArt. These will cost 25-500k, depending on size, and extremely large dolls might cost even more, due to the insane amount of time they take.

Small Samples, 25-50k.

Medium Samples, 50-100k.

Large Samples, 100-500k.

Huge Samples, bribe only.

Sprite Edits+++++++++++
I'd love to take a stab at some Gaia Sprite edits, if you have ideas of things you'd like to have made. When I worked on the sprite team, I made William the Playwright, 14th Street, and When I Grow Up, as well as some items that haven't been released yet. If you have an idea, post and we can discuss pricing!

Profiles+++++++++++
I'm extremely interested in learning more about profile editing. I created my own Gaia profile, and can easily do small edits such as what I did there, but if you have art you can use, I might also be willing to do something more elaborate. Post and we can work something out!

Requesting Art+++++++++++
If you'd like to order some art from me, please fill out the form below and post it in the thread. I'll either accept your order or perhaps counter-bid. We can work something out!

[size=18][b][color=#832b5d]WILL YOU MAKE ME SOME PYTES N' BIXELS?[/color][/b][/size]
      [b]I'm requesting:[/b] what kind of art are you interested in? pixel art, doll, sprite edit, profile, etc.
      [b]I'd like you to make:[/b] what do you want me to make? description, avatar, any relevant info.
      [b]In return I'll give:[/b] what are you offering me? gold amount, item, or art trade with details.
      [b]References:[/b] post reference images here!

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Waiting on..+++++++++++
These are offers I've accepted or art I've ordered and am waiting for!

Newest Art+++++++++++
The most recent artwork I have received. Newest first!
User Image User Image User Image

Ever Art+++++++++++
These are some of my favorite pieces of Ever art.
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

These are some of my favorite pieces of Avatar Art.
User Image User Image User Image User Image

Character Art+++++++++++
These are some of my favorite pieces of Character Art.
User Image User Image

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Links In+++++++++++
Links to this thread using one of the following buttons:

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.62354085/][img]http://p-n-b.pixel-blueberry.com/button-200x40.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.62354085/][img]http://p-n-b.pixel-blueberry.com/button-88x31.gif[/img][/url]

My Links+++++++++++
These links will direct you to my other threads, where I can be found.

User Image User Image

Links Out+++++++++++
These links will direct you to other awesome people and places.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Get Added+++++++++++
If you'd like me to add your link to this post, please send me a PM, do not post in the thread! I am most likely to add buttons that are 88x31. Thank you!

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

If the thread's feeling a little slow and you want to give it a bump, post the following:
      [align=center][img]http://p-n-b.pixel-blueberry.com/banner-bump.gif[/img][/align]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff