Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Capitalist

User Image

"Magic is but the irrationalities of science. In hands of the appropriate knowledge, Necromancy becomes an ally worthy of immortal devotion; an irreparable capacity to create life and become confusion upon God Himself."
-Monsieur Requiem Auf Der Misteor, Ringmaster of Cirque du Damnè

Dangerous Capitalist

The Greatest Show Unearthed Once More

On special nights, perched in the meadows of French wood, there stands a cluster of tents, all of them battered and maimed. 'Tis in these tents that your dreams take life in contortionist shapes and painted faces; all are jolly and content until the ringmaster appears. Stepping forth to the center ring—his glorious stage, he sports a top hat, lanky figure, and crooked, misshapen smile. With a wave of his hand he shouts: "Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Ghouls! Step right up! Behind this curtain lies a ghastly concoction of delight, horror, fantasy, and terror! Your every wish is our command; your every whimsical desire brought to life. But I'm warning you," here he pauses, "there is always a price."

The ringmaster retreats his hand and the audience becomes entranced in the enigma. The carnies turn sinister, the audience becomes a gruesome victim to the show, and suddenly that warped plaque above the entrance to the tent that reads 'Enter If You Dare' seems not so childish as before. And only then, when the doors are barred and the blood is spilled, does the audience suddenly realize that indeed there is a price. And that price is always paid in full.

Dangerous Capitalist

The Tragedy

Cirque du Damnè is a massacring circus parked among the woods of modern day France and Italy. The circus itself only stays in one town for an average of two or three days before vanishing without a trace. Rumors, also, really can't spread when the audiences always lose their heads; and I mean that quite literally. Like starving flies which swarm to festered meat, the carnies, gruesome and malicious, sign up to contend in their own form of merriment. Every act has a quota: Spill blood in the most exotic and inhumane fashion possible. The reward? Only the restrained praise from your all-seeing Ringmaster.

Monsieur Requiem is and perhaps always was a strange man with horrifying ideals and leadership; always hiding the circus while leaving a mountain of bodies for the local law enforcement. Migration as you see, is the secret to Requiem's near four century long clean police record. When the blood begins to curdle and rot, the tents are packed up, the corpses are piled in a ditch, and with the impeccable mastery of his talents, Requiem opens a rift to relocate an entire circus instantaneously from one city to another. But herein lies the key to his demise.

Restless and greedy as he was, Requiem had already fashioned a way to carry himself through time and was ready to use it on his fellow carnies. The natures of his craft though, are always risky and filled with inexplicable phenomena. And it came to pass that while the circus was migrating through such a rift, it collapsed and killed them all. Without sound, without warning, an entire family of performers were greeted with obliteration. Now, seven years and four months after the tragedy, Requiem has finally emerged from the abyssal forces that so defiantly struck him down, and returned to rebuild his former glory. Scarred and burned across numerous portions of his fleshy, yet regenerative body, he hides behind a mask of shame, seeking to beckon his former partners in crime; to awake the dead once more.

Dangerous Capitalist

Restrictions

How do I join?
All writers must apply by filling out the entire profile skeleton and contacting Kite Shiro. There are no preferences. Carnies are debatable but not replicable.

Is there a required password to be included in my application?
In order to verify that you are reading these rules and for safety reasons, there is a set password that you should use as the topic for your application's PM. These are called character passwords. Character passwords are in no way related to your Gaia Log In password. They are a private word stored in case of emergency to verify a certain writer. Only the correct answer, your favorite month of the year, will allow you to resume normal function within the thread.

How serious should I take the Persuasive Paragraph section on my application?
When applying, be under the impression that you are competing for a spot against several others of their own talent. Displaying your finest work is not a sin, it is an essential. 'Tis recommended that you use this space to explain your experience or demonstrate a post. Paragraph minimum. Your maximum is when Gaia refuses to accept more text.

Can I have more than one character?
One character per writer. No muling to obtain another.

How should my character's appearance look?
All character pictures are to be in an illustrated form. This means that such examples as sketches and anime drawings are acceptable. Photographs and celebrities, are not.

This roleplay looks familiar. Is this a remake?
Cirque du Damnè is a continuation of the roleplay by VampireGoth. Circus of the Damned belongs to Imogen Imagiinary, as does the original Ringmaster Requiem.

I am enlisting as a Pet, how am I assigned a master?
Consult a carnie with a PM. Once you are given an okay from that writer, simply include their name in your application.

I can't understand French. What should I do?
There is a very helpful and easy to operate translator that you may use to translate words and phrases. Please do not abuse it by making every important sentence in French. There are many flaws and mistranslations that occur from overusing it.

I do understand French and have located a mistranslated sentence or phrase. Should I tell the writer?
Yes. Please do so in a polite, and constructive manner. They will be more willing to change it.

I have a question that has not been answered clearly or even at all. What should I do?
Always ask questions, but do not disclose them inside the thread. PM is designed for this purpose. Any question significant enough will be included amongst these rules.

Is there a Out Of Character section? Am I allowed to include OOC in my posts?
You may post OOC messages in your posts, but please keep it appropriate and to a minimum.

I may be gone for a short period of time due to situations beyond my control. What should I do if my character is currently engaged in activity with another character?
Find a trusted writer in the thread whom you are satisfied with puppeteering your character during long absences.

What if I'm gone longer?
Inactivity for an extended period of time will result in a temporary dismissal from the thread leaving characters intact, but out of service. Please notify in advance of any situation that will prohibit you from writing longer than 2-4 weeks. Your case may result in the preservation of your character until the scheduled date. This may only be requested by the owner of the character themselves.

How do I know my character has been dismissed from the thread?
The word Dismissed will stand above your character's Staff Registry.

I am unable to log into my account, but have a mule and want to continue the use of my character. How do I go about this?
Remember what your character password was and include it in your explanation. Character passwords are not related to your Gaia Log In password. They are a private word stored in case of emergency to verify a certain writer. Only the right answer will allow you to resume normal function within the thread.

Any last words?
Abide Gaia Online's Rules and Guidelines and Terms of Service. Always.

Introduction | Information | Rules/FAQ | Profile Submission | Characters

Dangerous Capitalist

Character Applications

Become a Carnie
Also called performers, carnies deal with the entertainment and control of their individual acts. Many of them masters of infamous and popular acts like contortion, acrobatics, or knife throwing. Carnies are the masters of torture and deal with much of the circus killing.
Carnie Application
Puppeteer: [Gaia Name]
Name: [Keep in mind, this may be France, but carnies come from everywhere]
Sex:
Past Life: [Life before the circus]
Behaviors: [Personality]
Stage Name: [What the audience calls you]
Appearance: [Illustration and/or paragraph description]
Persuasive Paragraph [Write at least one paragraph involving your character, preferably a sample of how their first post will look. This is designed to be your resume. Treat it with utmost respect and exercise your best writing capabilities.]

Become a Pet
A cruel nickname bestowed upon enslaved humans by their superior carnies, pets are often abused and made to carry equipment with the undead moving crew, participate in performing acts as assistants, and receive punishment from their assigned masters by order of Ringmaster Requiem. The more obedient and respectful a pet behaves, the more liberties they are given. Consequentially, disobedient pets are subject to cages and torture.
Pet Application
Puppeteer: [Gaia Name]
Name: [Keep in mind, this may be France, but people come from everywhere]
Age: [Pets are restricted from immortality unless permitted]
Sex:
Past Life: [Life before the circus]
Behaviors: [Personality]
Chosen Superior: [Your personal master beneath Requiem]
Appearance: [Illustration and or paragraph description]
Persuasive Paragraph [Write at least one paragraph involving your character, preferably a sample of how their first post will look. This is designed to be your resume. Treat it with utmost respect and exercise your best writing capabilities.]

Profile applications are to be sent in PM form.

Dangerous Capitalist

The Cast

The Ringmaster
Lord and master of Cirque du Damnè, Requiem controls every aspect of the circus, announcing performances, commanding the undead work crew, supervising maintenance, and transporting the entire show instantaneously through dimensional tunnels. Little is actually known about Requiem's personal life and many have given up on speculation.
Requiem Auf Der Misteor
Puppeteer: Kite Shiro
Name: Requiem Auf Der Misteor
Sex: Male
Stage Name: Ringmaster Requiem or Monsieur Requiem
Appearance

The Puppet Master
The ringmaster's supposed apprentice, Foliex is an outspoken individual known for his unique form of killing and martyring himself against Requiem's circus. Being a ghost, he is able to manipulate the actions of others by tampering with their "strings" which he is keen on detecting. Because of this ability, most of the puppeteer's acts end in self-inflicted bloodshed.
Foliex Leveque
Puppeteer: Beau Cramoisi
Name: Foliex Leveque
Stage Name: The Ghostly Ventriloquist
Appearance

The Acrobatic Contortionist
A dual talented woman with superior motor skills, Astrid is both an acrobat and a contortionist. Capable of shifting her body into different shapes, she likes to show volunteers how they can fit into lethal positions too.
Astrid Lafleur
Puppeteer: VampireGoth
Name: Astrid Lafleur
Sex: Female
Stage Name: The Deadly Ballerina
Appearance

The Contortionist's Pet
Evangeline Check
Puppeteer: xI Z A Y A - C H A Nx
Name: Evangeline Check
Chosen Superior: Astrid Lafleur
Appearance

The Knife Thrower
An unusual eccentric with knives, Saya tends to boast her urges and threaten victims before they die. Alone, she can be found talking or even singing to her knives. Her hatred for Requiem tends to be the most demonstrated and she regularly insults him to get a rise.
Saya Zoki
Puppeteer: Kaiya Hytoshi
Name: Saya Zoki
Stage Name: The Blade Charmer
Appearance

The Clown Master
An extremely bold and dramatic boy, Mikhail's love of everything fabulous sends him into hoarding frenzies, particularly with clowns. He also uses these clowns to perform large antics followed by murderous irony and a tinge of satire. Above all, he seeks power over everything and will endeavor to cover his tracks along the way.
Mikhail Nazaire
Puppeteer: Chap Ice
Name: Mikhail Nazaire
Stage Name: The Harlequin
Appearance

The Clown Master's Pet
Simple and quaint, Viveka is an intelligent and capable young french girl, but her motivations to run away are miniscule. She is content to follow the orders of her superiors and is only begrudging toward Mikhail's pompous diva attitude and his insistence to treat her like a poodle. She often ignores important details when focusing on "more interesting matters" like counting patterns and admiring surfaces.
Viveka Delancet
Puppeteer: Counting Things
Name: Viveka Delancet
Chosen Superior: Mikhail Nazaire
Appearance

The Jester
A stranger to the circus, Jean only recently became employed as the jester. He takes most of the blame from Mikhail, who targets him with dramatic and humorous tantrums. Despite being perceived as unwelcome by several carnies, he remains ever optimistic to prove useful somehow.
Jean Leroy
Puppeteer: Captured Nobody
Name: Jean Leroy
Stage Name: The Flamboyant Fool
Appearance

The Illusionist
The most bizarre and unexplainable member of the circus, James is on even thinner ice than the jester. Capable of manifesting illusions on mere whim or desire, the werewolf spends the majority of his time interacting with the creatures and objects that spring forth from his imagination, confusing the other carnies with his unstable and nonsensical creations. As a performer his routine can simply be described as a magic show gone horribly wrong.
James Cardinal
Puppeteer: drgnfrnd
Name: James Cardinal
Stage Name: Lupin Nightwood or Master Moon
Appearance

View more information in the Character Profiles.

Dangerous Capitalist

Reserved for the Ringmaster

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out