Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh hey I know you.

no you don't. 1 100.0% [ 101 ]
Total Votes:[ 101 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 121 122 123 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Hello and welcome to the CLAMP auction recruit! This will be the second auction recruit I’ll be hosting and the 29385745th I’ll be participating in, so you don’t need to worry about lack of auction knowledge.

As the title suggests, this auction will pay a tribute to the mangaka group CLAMP and all their works. Like them or hate them, it’s hard to deny that they played a big part in shaping together what manga/anime is today.

Also, I seem to have a thing for hosting themes I have a violent love/hate relationship with.

For this auction each artist will choose their own designated CLAMP series and draw a character they choose within that series in their own style. For example, if I chose xxxHolic as my series, I’ll choose Yuko as the character I’ll draw.

I’ll be allowing people to choose their collaboration works as well, so a series like Code Geass is free game too.

[●] I’ll be looking for between 3-6 artists. (Not including myself and x_Synnove)
[●] Any kind of artist is welcome to apply, whether you do chibis, regular anime, realism, or what have you.
[●] This recruit will start on Friday, May 15th.
[●] This recruit will end on Saturday, May 30th at 7pm PST.
[●] All bid information will be decided after the recruit is over.
[●] All theme pics/info will be due roughly 2 weeks after the recruit is over.
[●] If you do not turn your theme pic in by then you will NOT be part of this auction. Simple as that.

| Introductions | Rules | The Application | Accepted | Pending | Pending 2 | Reserved | Reserved |
Rules

[●] Don’t steal any art posted in this thread.
[●] Don’t PM your applications.
[●] Follow the Gaia ToS.
[●] Be courteous to everyone.
[●] Please please PLEASE don’t hit and run your application. Meaning, don’t turn your app. in and just disappear altogether. I have no problem rejecting artists if they don’t take the time to bump at least once every few days, even if they ARE extremely skilled.
[●] Have fun! The above rules are pretty much just common sense, so I hope it's not too much to ask.

| Introductions | Rules | The Application | Accepted | Pending | Pending 2 | Reserved | Reserved |
Application

Alright, I've actually seen this kind of format used in a few other recruits and it's been met with really nice results. And so I've decided to try it out for here as well.

If you're unable to crop and/or add the border yourself then you may kindly ask me to do it. But please don't ask if you're just being lazy. 8(

User Image
[imgleft]150x300px cropped picture of your best sample goes here![/imgleft]

[align=left][size=18][color=black][b]USERNAME GOES HERE[/b][/color][/size]

[size=11][color=black][b]- samples:[/b] (3-6 clickable samples please)
[b]- gallery:[/b]
[b]- primary choice:[/b]
[b]- secondary choice:[/b] (your backup choice incase you can’t get your primary)
[b]- why did you choose these series?:[/b] (I’m really curious!)[/size][/color][/align]

Accepted Applicants

User Image

brendab432

- samples: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
- gallery: Coming soon.
- primary choice: Cardcaptor Sakura
- secondary choice: Chobits
- why did you choose these series?: Like a lot of people, CCS was the first CLAMP series I was introduced to, and despite the fact that the english dub was pretty awful, it was something I instantly fell in love with. Even now CCS is under my top 10 manga/anime of all time. As for Chobits...I really just want to draw some frilly outfits. LOL.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
x_Synnove

- samples: x x x x
- gallery: dA
- primary choice: Tsubasa~
- secondary choice: Umm... CCS! 8D
- why did you choose these series?: B-because... it is wonderful. D: Plus it crosses over with a lot of other CLAMP works. And CCS was one if the first anime/manga I got into. I still remember watching it in elementary school. XD

_shouko_/Olivia Solace

- samples: One, Two, Three, Four, Five
- gallery: http://shuinoshina.deviantart.com/
- primary choice: xxxHolic
- why did you choose these series?: 8| I love Yuuko so hard it isn't even funny. I app her everywhere I go on LJ Brenda T AT. EVERYWHERE. Also, Watanuki. 'Nough said.

As for Chobits. It made me shed tears. And I am an ice queen.

And y yes. My best sample happens to be a WIP....I AM SO PROUD BECAUSE IT'S A MAN THAT LOOKS LIKE A MAN.

User Image

pnq

- samples: [hardnorm] [hardchib] [softchib] [flatchib] [WIPS]
- gallery: Not really a gallery "orz.
- primary choice: Clover
- secondary choice: X/1999
- why did you choose these series?: Clover was the first manga I picked up to read. From then on I fell in-love with the style of story telling manga could offer. Plus Su has such an awesome character design. X on the other hand has become one of my favorite series from Clamp. Such a unique and vibrate series.

User Image

Izumi K Rukawa

- samples: [♥][♥][♥][♥]
- gallery: [DA][portfolio]
- secondary choice: Card Captor Sakura, Clover
- why did you choose these series?: Just my favs :3

User Image

mokona418_new

- samples: 1,2,3
- gallery:http://mokona418.deviantart.com/
- primary choice: XXHolic
- secondary choice: Tsubasa or CCS
- why did you choose these series?: it's fun !

User Image

YUYUPUUUUUUU~

- samples: [X][X][X][x]
- gallery:-- sad nothing that is recent
- primary choice:Magic Knights Rayearth
- secondary choice: Angelic Layer
- why did you choose these series?: biggrin Magic Knights was the first of clamp's mangas that I've ever read; it made me into their ETERNAL FAANNNN 8D *SQUEAL*
XD as for angelic layer, I would actually have put tsubasa, but it was too popular. Besides, angelic layer has such a wonderful array of magic, mechas and normal humans biggrin It's awesome!

User Image

>Zypharia

>- samples:
>>>>Chibi Couple <-- From last auction=D
>>>>Chibi
>>>>CG
>>>>CG
>>>>Newest
>- gallery:~//~>Deviant<~//~>Sketch Gallery<~//~>CG Gallery<~//~
>- primary choice: Tsubasa RC
>- secondary choice: CCS or Code Geass>D
>- why did you choose these series?: First manga and anime i ever got into was CLAMPS' Card Captors, I hold it pretty dear since it's what got me drawing anime in the first place. If i didn't watch it, it'd prolly wouldn't be drawingXD

Pending Applicants

_shouko_/Olivia Solace

- samples: One, Two, Three, Four, Five
- gallery: http://shuinoshina.deviantart.com/
- why did you choose these series?: 8| I love Yuuko so hard it isn't even funny. I app her everywhere I go on LJ Brenda T AT. EVERYWHERE. Also, Watanuki. 'Nough said.

As for Chobits. It made me shed tears. And I am an ice queen.

And y yes. My best sample happens to be a WIP....I AM SO PROUD BECAUSE IT'S A MAN THAT LOOKS LIKE A MAN.

KUMA TOSS

- samples: ;
[removed];agusss-122072507]x
x x
- gallery: http://bjealk.deviantart.com/
- primary choice: mmm hard to choose.. can I pick Clamp no Kiseki? lolol ;;;
- secondary choice: Kobato is cute * u *
- why did you choose these series?: first one because... it has a range of charas... xD;; /cheater orz;;

and honestly, I haven't read Kobato, but it seems reaally cute * A *
I need to read it soon > u <

User Image

THE ASIANATOR

- samples:
User Image User Image User Image
- gallery: I currently do not have a gallery set up.
- primary choice: Do collaboration series work? If so, Code Geass. If not, Angelic Layer.
- secondary choice: Magic Knight Rayearth, Legal Drug,
- why did you choose these series?: CLAMP displays unlimited creativity in creating and developing the characters in Code Geass. Even though I disliked the ending, I was kept on the edge throughout the whole series. I loved Angelic Layer. It was just adorable. Magic Knight Rayearth was one of the first series I watched from CLAMP. As for Legal Drug, the shounen ai adds a new style to CLAMP's works. Plus, what's wrong with a boy x boy story? ;D

Roolph

- samples: | x | | x | | x | | x |
- gallery: | x |
- primary choice: any
- secondary choice: any
- why did you choose these series?: Truthfully, I've never even heard of CLAMP or any of the titles that they've produced. But if I do get picked I'd be willing to read up on whatever. haha <3

User Image

hikarushirou

- samples: [x] [x] [x] [x]
- gallery: deviantART
- primary choice: X/1999
- secondary choice: Magic Knight Rayearth
- why did you choose these series?: Look at my username. XD I'm a rabid Kamui fangirl and luuuv MKR's super cool mechas and magical girl aspect.

User Image

g o - m- c h a n

- samples: [x][o][x][o][x]
- gallery:dA! <3
- primary choice: tsubasa or xxxHolic
- secondary choice: cardcaptor sakura or chobits
- why did you choose these series?: I lovelovelove tsubasa! It's so cute...If syaoran were real, and he weren't so into sakura, I'd prob'ly have to raep him. <3 lol. otherwise, xxxHolic, because it's so just...cool? ;D yuuko is funny hahaha

User Image

Lechau

- samples: [x] [x] [x] [x]
- gallery:deviantART
- primary choice: Code Geass
- secondary choice: Legend of Chun Hyang
- why did you choose these series?: I really enjoy the designs of the characters and clothes in Code Geass. Although that applies to everything that CLAMP does, I'm into the ones from Code Geass at the moment. For Legend of Chun Hyang, I found it very interesting and was sad when people never heard of it.

User Image

skystatic

- samples: [◇] [◇] [◇][◇][◇][◇]
- gallery: deviantArt Though I used everything as my samples already. "oTL
- primary choice: Chobits
- secondary choice: xxxHolic
- why did you choose these series?:I grew up watching this series and it's reruns [just like 23973943 people here XD] and I really adore it, as for xxxHolic the plot is so interesting and the relationship of the characters are so amusing.

User Image

Konani_NTH

- samples: [x] [x] User ImageUser ImageUser Image-link, slightly offensive-
- gallery: -Photobucket-
- primary choice: Wish, Tsubasa,
- secondary choice: XXXHolic, RG Veda, Legend of Chun Hyang
- why did you choose these series?: Hee- i like to be different and thought i'd pick some not everyone wanted _XD
secon; i really really really like Fai O.o! (like everyone else) and i really really like Wish -cuz' it's awesomly cewt :3!

User Image

Piyo-san

- samples: [ xxx ] [ xxx ] [ xxx ]
- gallery: none sorry...
- primary choice: Clamp Campus Detectives..<3
- secondary choice: Card Captor Sakura.
- why did you choose these series?: I absolutely love clamp! CCD was really cute, I only read a few but those boys are adorable. And, Card Captor Sakura is really cute too. I love her outfits and Tomoyo is so funny haha;. It was really hard to pick though because I like Wish and Chobits too..So many good books hehe;.

User Image

pnq

- samples: [hardnorm] [hardchib] [softchib] [flatchib] [WIPS]
- gallery: Not really a gallery "orz.
- primary choice: Clover
- secondary choice: X/1999
- why did you choose these series?: Clover was the first manga I picked up to read. From then on I fell in-love with the style of story telling manga could offer. Plus Su has such an awesome character design. X on the other hand has become one of my favorite series from Clamp. Such a unique and vibrate series.

User Image

Toasan

- samples: x o x cg
- gallery: I dun have one... ><;;
- primary choice: Wish~!!
- why did you choose these series?: Wish was the first Clamp manga I've ever read! My friend gave me the series during school and I fell in love with the art style! n _ n for xxxHolic the characters designs are just so cool. * Q *

| Introductions | Rules | The Application | [Accepted | Pending | Pending 2 | Pending 3 | Reserved |
Pending Applicants (2)

User Image

xXDeathCandyXx

- samples: ({X}{X}{X}WIP)
- gallery:DA
- primary choice:Card Captor Sakura
- secondary choice: (Tsubasa)
- why did you choose these series?: (umm when I was a lil kid
one of the animes that made me want draw is Card Captor...
SakuraI was too cool to me etc
I even have 3 OCs that have her name lol ^^ )

Havaneser

- samples: 1 2 3 4
- gallery: here
- primary choice: CCS
- why did you choose these series?: CCS and Chobits (well, and Code Geass) were the only CLAMP series I watched/read that I liked. But I'd be fine with anything 8D

User Image

Izumi K Rukawa

- samples: [♥][♥][♥][♥]
- gallery: [DA][portfolio]
- secondary choice: Card Captor Sakura, Clover
- why did you choose these series?: Just my favs :3

Dhampir of the Shadows

[O][O] [X] [O] [X][O]

- gallery: DA
- primary choice: Legal Drug
- secondary choice: XXXHolic
- why did you choose these series?: This gal is my favourite of the four artists. She did Legal and XXXHolic, and though I know the latter more, everyone will wanna have XXXHolic as their choice.Of all the CLAMP artists, she inspires me most. ^u^b

ana_akilina

- samples: click 1 2 3 4 and an attempt at making a portrait (which could result in avatar art as well)
- gallery: photobucket
- primary choice: if this choices are for the character, i'd say sakura, but i most likely won't have a chance at it! xD tsubasa chronicles
- secondary choice: mokona OR syaoran CSS
- why did you choose these series?: i used to watch CSS when i was young... and i loved her so much that i had to watch the tsubasa chronicles. the truth is i'm addicted to it, seriously! xD

SRSISHERE

- samples: [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
- gallery: My Gallery on Sheezyart
- primary choice: Angelic Layer
- secondary choice: Wish
- why did you choose these series?: I absolutely love the concept of Angelic Layer and the art is adorable! For Wish, it was the first Manga I ever read and I love the story.

User Image

Jolly Kyla

- samples:XOXO
- gallery:
- primary choice:xxxholic
- secondary choice: tsubasa
- why did you choose these series?: I like this series!

User Image

Karilyne

- samples: [x][x][x][x]
- gallery: [x]
- primary choice: Tokyo Babylon
- secondary choice: Magic Knight Rayearth
- why did you choose these series?: To be truthful, I have never had the chance to read anything by CLAMP. I sometimes stumble across a random volume in the run-down local library, but other than that, I'm pretty much left in the dark. I do remember reading parts of both of my choices and loved them... not to mention the outfit designs caught my eye. =D

User Image

mokona418_new

- samples: 1,2,3
- gallery:http://mokona418.deviantart.com/
- primary choice: XXHolic
- secondary choice: Tsubasa or CCS
- why did you choose these series?: it's fun !

User Image

iFennec

- samples: [one] [two] [three][four][non-chibi if that is preferred by hb]
- gallery: DeviantART, contains some... trash... as well XD
- primary choice:Magic Knight Rayearth
- secondary choice: CardCaptor Sakura
- why did you choose these series?: Magic Knight Rayearth is the most beautiful manga I've ever read, it's so amazingly detailed and such an inspiring experience to read <3 And CardCaptor Sakura was the first Clamp series I saw, and it's soo cute... Even mommy liked to have a glance at it at times XD If these both are taken I can take a different series, I'm flexible. It's just that those two are my very favorites.

User Image

Sewage Doll

- samples: [x] [x] [x]
- gallery: [:3]
- primary choice: Wish :]
- secondary choice: Card Captor Sakura
- why did you choose these series?: Honestly it was the first thing by CLAMP I consciously knew was by them. The storyline was absolutely beautiful, the characters adorable, I loved it to death. And it was one of the first manga I had read. <3 Koryu was my favourite. Card Captor Sakura was the first CLAMP production I had seen period. It was something that occupied my time just as much as Sailor Moon and Digimon. o////o I didn't realize it had any connection to CLAMP until I started researching them for more books. xD

O-Nappo

- samples: X X X X X X
- primary choice: CHOBITS!
- why did you choose these series?: I LOVE THE CHARTERS! D<

XD heart

lola haze

- samples: (ONE) (TWO) (THREE) (FOUR)
- gallery: n / a
- primary choice: chobits
- secondary choice: angelic layer
- why did you choose these series?: both of these series played a big part in my childhood, and the characters are very dear to me. chobits was my foray into CLAMP!

| Introductions | Rules | The Application | Accepted | Pending | Pending 2 | Pending 3 | Reserved |
Pending Applicants (3)

User Image

I Am Lucy lol

- samples: These are my samples AND my gallery, sorry. [x]
- gallery: ^^^^^
- primary choice:Chobits. (Sigh, i know this is typical)
- secondary choice: Cardcaptors!
- why did you choose these series?: They were both the animes and mangas i used to read when i was about 10 in japan. LOL good memories. So they mean a lot to me, my japanese wasn't so good then so i couldn't understand all of it, so when i was back in london i read and watched them again in english. Chobits made me cry every time i thought about it. hehe

User Image

-I-S y n y s t e r-I-

- samples: ---newsest---oldest---
xxxxxxxx[-1-] [-2-] [-3-] [-4-] [-5-] [-6-] [-7-] [-8-]
- gallery: http://xx---s-y-n-x.deviantart.com/
- secondary choice: Angelic Layer or Chobits
- why did you choose these series?: Well I chose Code Geass 'cause I love Lelouch, and it was an awesome series... besides the last episode ;_____;
And Agelic Layer 'cause Iichan and Hikaru are so awesome * u* Chobit's was really cute, and Chii was adorable
xD;;

User Image

Meshipe

- samples: [Old picture S:][;D][Wip][Doodle]
- gallery: [):]
- primary choice: Legal Drug [Kazahaya Kudo]
- secondary choice: Cardcaptor Sakura
- why did you choose these series?: First things that came to mind, I want to draw someone with blood on them <3

User Image

Mikanchi

- gallery: [new] [old]
- why did you choose these series?: Absolutely adore Code Geass so I'd like to draw a bishie XP As for Angelic Layer... just cuz?

User Image

Hate-Sin

- samples: [1] [2] [3] [4]
- gallery: veinna-chan.deviantart.com
- secondary choice: Shirahime-Syo
- why did you choose these series?: I've always been a fan of chobits and its cute drawings, and Shirahime's story was just plain awesome. xD

User Image

TheVampireNeko

- samples: User Image User Image User Image User Image
- gallery: DA!
- primary choice: Miyuki-chan in Wonderland!
- secondary choice: Clover. Or Code Geass.
- why did you choose these series?: Well, you guys took CCS! xD! I love Miyuki-chan because I love the way CLAMP made all of the characters so sexy. I want to do some nice fanart of it. I picked Clover as my second choice because the art is the series is my favorite of any of CLAMP's works. It is beautiful beyond words.

User Image

Ashvr

- gallery: [x] [x]
- secondary choice: Cardcaptor Sakura
- why did you choose these series?:X was the first manga I read that left me bawling afterwards and was the first Clamp manga that really got me into the authors. Their stories are so creative and the art is always breathtaking *__*

User Image

meezes

- gallery: [DA]
- primary choice: xxxHOLiC
- secondary choice: Kobato
- why did you choose these series?: I love Yuuko <333 She's so funny heart And also, now, holic is somewhat depressing and less generic ;u; <3 Kobato is really cute heart

User Image

chiiscake

- samples: 1 & 2 & 3 & 4
        - secondary choice: Code Geass or Legal Drug
        - why did you choose these series?: Chobits - it was cute & it made me laugh.
        Code Geass - Lelouch & Suzaku make a sexy couple. ;D
        legal Drug - it's just cool, OKAY? D:

User Image

SnowQuill

- samples: User ImageUser Image User Image
        These aren't recent as I wanted, but they are completed works. Check my dA or even look at my siggy.

- gallery: [dA]
        - primary choice: Code Geass!
        - why did you choose these series?: Code Geass? Well, pfft, Lelouch is my favorite character and fandom at the moment and Angelic Layer because I loved the series when I first started to read Clamp. Those little dolls were sooo cute!

User Image

YUYUPUUUUUUU~

- samples: [X][X][X][x]
        - gallery:-- sad nothing that is recent
        - primary choice:Magic Knights Rayearth
        - why did you choose these series?: biggrin Magic Knights was the first of clamp's mangas that I've ever read; it made me into their ETERNAL FAANNNN 8D *SQUEAL*
        XD as for angelic layer, I would actually have put tsubasa, but it was too popular. Besides, angelic layer has such a wonderful array of magic, mechas and normal humans biggrin It's awesome!

User Image

>Zypharia

>- samples:
        >>>>Chibi Couple <-- From last auction=D
        >>>>Chibi
        >>>>CG
        >>>>CG
        >>>>Newest
        >- gallery:~//~>Deviant<~//~>Sketch Gallery<~//~>CG Gallery<~//~
        >- primary choice: Tsubasa RC
        >- secondary choice: CCS or Code Geass>D
        >- why did you choose these series?: First manga and anime i ever got into was CLAMPS' Card Captors, I hold it pretty dear since it's what got me drawing anime in the first place. If i didn't watch it, it'd prolly wouldn't be drawingXD

User Image

ExplodingParade

- samples: [x] [WIP] [Another WIP] [x] [chibi]
        - gallery: Don't have, nope.
        - why did you choose these series?: I actually haven't read xxxHolic, but I want to draw Yuko. And Chobits is just awesome xD.

| Introductions | Rules | The Application | Accepted | Pending | Reserved | Reserved | Reserved |
Pending Applicants (4)

User Image

pocky_kitty354

- samples: [x] [x] sketch chibi
- gallery: [x]
- secondary choice: Kobato
- why did you choose these series?: Loved the storyline, but they never finished it ;__;

User Image

imweerd

- samples:
WIPtastic.
WIP for eternity because the file somehow became corrupted. - A-''
Heheh..
- gallery: Err...Not really; sorry. D:
- primary choice: -
- secondary choice: -
- why did you choose these series?: -

I'm only familiar with a few of CLAMP's works and it's been years since I've read or reread any of them. If I get chosen, I will do my research. O:

I'd take any suggestion for novels. [/isopentotrystuff]

User Image

Mystaira

- samples: [X][X][X][X][X]
- gallery: [DA]
- primary choice: X/1999 (or Code Geass if I can reuse my Li Xingke picture from the last auction |D)
- secondary choice: Code Geass or Tsubasa
- why did you choose these series?: Because I like them? DX

| Introductions | Rules | The Application | Accepted | Pending | Reserved | Reserved | Reserved |
THIS SHIZ OPEN.
Beautiful Brenda.

Just beautiful.
It always is. <3
Yeah.

<3

And I have the other Dredg album, Catch without arms.
Next time you're over... WITH YOUR DRIVE, I'll give it to you.
msrry about not being able to make a better banner. D8 I had a better idea but it ended up looking just as retarded and I didn't want to destroy the CLAMP art any further. LOL

I SWEAR, THOUGH, THE AUCTION BANNERS WILL LOOK WAY NICER. 8(
I'd appreciate that a lot. 8(

haha I haven't had the chance to upload all the music you gave me yet. I'll do that in a bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff