Welcome to Gaia! ::

Your most irritating character has gone and gotten themselves completely drunk. Sloshed. Hammered. What kind of drunk are they?

Weepy drunk. 0.3 30.0% [ 9 ]
Happy drunk. 0.1 10.0% [ 3 ]
Angry drunk. 0.3 30.0% [ 9 ]
Sleepy drunk. 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 2 ]
Flirty drunk. 0.23333333333333 23.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

PLEASE READ ME

Welcome to the WF's central Rant Thread!

As of April 27, 2013, all new rant posts will receive a tip from me! (But feel free to tip your fellow posters who seem particularly enraged.)
Feel free to start wherever you wish in your rant. You don't have to introduce us to your plot or setting or characters (but you can if you want).
Sample
ARG! Mary-Sue is just driving me insane! She can't keep herself away from Billy Joe for three seconds!

Another Sample
OMG. Susie and Bob! Y U NO MAKE KISSYFACE? gonk

And, of course, feel free to make your rant as long as you want.

(P.S. If you think the idea of characters acting of their own wills is absurd bullshit, then please by all means shut up and let the rest of us be absurd.)

Update 11-02-2013: HAPPY NANOWRIMO 2013 TO YOU ALL! We will now be changing the poll periodically.

Update 04-27-2013: With the advent of the Tip Jar, everyone who posts a rant after today will be tipped!

Update 11-04-2010: HAPPY NANOWRIMO TO YOU ALL!!

Update 04-14-2010: I hereby declare that it is acceptable to post rants about Muses in this thread, provided said Muse is NOT a living person (other than the poster).
The facepalm was uncalled for. Good characters act independently of their creators.
strange geometry
The facepalm was uncalled for. Good characters act independently of their creators.

Totally. Facepalms don't suggest cleverness at all. In fact, I've always found that they're used in place of the ability to actually explain oneself.

And I actually find this thread to be quite original. <3 I'd post something relevant, if my characters were doing anything significant, besides trekking through forests and whining in concentration camps. D: In time, perhaps.

Eh, I rarely feel a need to rant or rave about my characters. I'm a stickler for ambiguity so none of my characters are stellar or abysmal.

My Sims, on the other hand...

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Most of my questions involve where this thread should go. It doesn't seem to quite fit here, but this is the closest spot. Hmm. Dilemma.

But I'll post something related anyway for the lulz.

Mild Insanity Ahead!
Drazzy. I understand that you have severe yandere tendencies. However, slaughtering an entire bandit stronghold with a crowbar is not the appropriate response to your man getting hurt by them, and is quite messy. Do you realize how hard you've made things for me? I can't make my readers nauseated by the fact that you look like you've been through Silent Hill and back! Idiot bishounen mage.

Do not give me that look, young man! ...Oh, you are so going to get it, just you wait--!
Random Rant-y Ridiculousness
No, Berotai, I cannot let you live! ... No, I told you, that would make it end so LAMELY... Yes, well, I'M not the one who tortured my best-friend-slash-brother's wife-slash-girl-slash-eternal-lover!... I don't care what made you do it!... Oh, I am SO done with you. Go back to your deep dark corner and make something happen... I don't care! You're giving me a headache. Go away.

To Lord Baron Prince Babel: I'm doing my civil duty by keeping the WF free of rant threads. Or something to that effect.

To AnacinCross: I envy you. A lot.

To VenusRain: This thread wouldn't fit anywhere, IMO.

To all who post here: I'm looking forward to a few laughs at your expense. You are forewarned. Feel free to laugh at me.
Lord Baron Prince Babel
I say, quite quite.
Facepalms, how uncivilized!
I heard that those Indian brutes Facepalm as they worship their heathen gods.
Thank goodness the Honorable Company is stamping out their brutish ways.

If I wanted to rant about something literary I would just make my own topic instead of posting here.

But wait until the ol' medieval Catholics find those Honorable Company and punishes them for their e-masturbation. Then we Indian brutes may laugh and facepalm in worship of our heathen gods.

*facepalms at thread*

5,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
So we just rant about our characters, sans (without) describing the plot or where they fit in to said plot?

I think I love this thread... Be warned, I have several dearly-beloved characters. My post may be long.

Characters for High School Never Ends (Fanfiction.net)

I love how Hisoka came out. His character is quiet and calculating, but not as much as Sasuke's (this is a post-shippuden fanfic). Can't wait until he and Nodoka start dating (around chapter twenty, if I get that far).

NODOKA. IS NOT. A FLIPPING. MARY SUE. If you tell me she is, so help me, I will put my keyboard somewhere you do not want me to put it. ENOUGH WITH THE POINTING OUT OF MARY SUES. NOBODY CARES, GET A LIFE. Gah! NO, I will NOT tell you who Nodoka's mother is. Mommy is DEAD (sorry Nodoka). I will also NOT tell you who her dad is. Read the darn story.

No, Aishi is not emo. No, her father is not an original character. NO, I will not tell you who her father is, read the blanking story for yourself.

Yes, Nekura is an important character.

NO, none of my characters will be involved in yuri "activities". Yuri is disgusting (sorry to you yuri fans out there).

Yes, my favorite pairings are the parents for my original characters. YES, Itachi-kun is with an original character because Sasuke already had dibs on Sakura (and ditto for Naruto and Hinata).

Characters for Whisper Pain And Take My Hand

NO, Ayashii isn't insane, stop asking. YES, Ayashii ends up in a love... shape... with Neji, Sasuke, and Naruto.

AND FOR THE LAST BLOODY TIME, STOP TELLING ME MY CHARACTERS ARE MARY SUES. I COULDN'T CARE LESS.
SINCE WHEN ARE WE NOT ALLOWED TO POST RANT THREADS ON THE WRITERS FORUM?!?!?

I'm so mad right now I might just go post a rant thread.
Quote:
No... you are supposed to die. I know you don't want to die! That's why the bad guy revives you!
... what do you mean you'd rather be dead, Xana revives you and you have a problem with that. Um... catch.. no catch! Except he can control you using your eye and you have to rip it out.

Ow! No screeching! My ears, they bleed! Bad cat-girl!

From my Code Lyoko fanfic (not finished). My OC is not pleased... and I am not pleased with her whining.
Bane Rieko
Quote:
No... you are supposed to die. I know you don't want to die! That's why the bad guy revives you!
... what do you mean you'd rather be dead, Xana revives you and you have a problem with that. Um... catch.. no catch! Except he can control you using your eye and you have to rip it out.

From my Code Lyoko fanfic (not finished). My OC is not pleased... and I am not pleased with her whining.

*Headdesk*
Lord Baron Prince Babel
Bane Rieko
Quote:

*Headdesk*
When you get bored, you post to post.
Or was than for my fanfic?
Bane Rieko
Lord Baron Prince Babel
Bane Rieko
Quote:

*Headdesk*
When you get bored, you post to post.
Or was than for my fanfic?

Your 'fanfic'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items