Psst-- hey, everybody... I should make this quick, because I don't know when Timmy's coming back. I just wanted to fill you in on some news.

First, I'm sorry to inform you that the Evolving Item Report (and... ugh... Smooth Jazz Countdown) will be a little bit delayed this week. It will probably come out sometime around Tuesday, August 12th.

But while I have this short reprieve, I need to talk to you. I don't know if you've noticed, but Timmy and Gene have been acting really, really strange lately. I don't know what it is... they used to be such sweet guys, but they've been acting like total male-chauvinist creeps.

Since he grew that little beard and all, at first I was thinking that Timmy hit puberty or something, but it's gone way beyond that-- now he's listening to smooth jazz and wearing a red blazer and quite possibly doing illegal things in his spare time. But now Gene's got a beard as well, and I've got a hunch that something very fishy is going on. I think their beards may be some kind of disease, or maybe even a curse.

Until I can figure out what's going on, I think I'll just play along and study their habits. I picked up this fake beard at a costume shop. I'm hoping it will fool them, or fool their beards... if not, I might be in big trouble.

See you Tuesday!