Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Out Of The Elven Race, Which Race Is Your Favorite?

Elves 0.39572192513369 39.6% [ 444 ]
Half-Elves 0.19964349376114 20.0% [ 224 ]
Dark Elves 0.40463458110517 40.5% [ 454 ]
Total Votes:[ 1122 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 201 202 203 > >> >>> »|

Timid Gaian

Okay guys lets get this help thread started!!! First of all this is basically discussing the creators of elves and they're many many fantasy stories that they love to write.
We will be discussing how to make the elf not so perfect and how to make them a unique character (now when you get a firm slap on the hand from a member trying to help you out, don't jump to conclusions and think they are insulting you they are merely trying to help) and a unique race out in the fantasy world.
If you have an elf that you would like to have us help out with bring them into the discussion and we'll do our best to help you out.
Now then lets get started on discussing the topic of elves and their life styles in the fantasy realm and ofcourse how we picture elves in our stories.
Also we can discuss the magic revolving around the realms that they live in as well as mysticall creatures and other surroundings of their realms.
I'm working on my own elf yes he was originally created for middle-earth but I am working really hard at making him a unique character any help that you guys can give me will be great and I will try to help you all out the same, as will the other members who join the thread.

Discussion Of The Elven Culture
Help With Character Creation
Works Of Elven Magic
Help With Elven Languages
Elvish Gods/Godesses
Help With Elvish Names
Discussions Of Different Elven Races
Pixies, Faries, brownies, Sprites and others related to Elves are allowed in the discussion as well
Building An Elven Kingdom Discussion
The Cultures Around Them
Daily Life In An Elven Kingdom

As you can see, through out the days I find something new to add to the conversation so I can make the discussion a bit deeper centering around the elven culture and inside it.

Helpful Links:
Sent To Us By: Yukroneanninja
Learn To Speak Drow
Language Translator
Sent To Us By: Brodie Asturias
Fantasy Name Generator
Sent By Me: Aliyssa
MonstroPedia
(Found in another thread, a very helpful link)

DO NOT TAKE THE THREAD OFF TOPIC THATS MY ONLY WARNING

Monthly Question
Which Of The Elven Races Do You Like The Most?

If you find helpful links that are fantasy centered or about the elven culture that you think could be useful and helpful for us elven writers or fantasy writers then please post up the link and I can post it up in the thread so everyone can use them, that is what this thread is all about we help eachother out and we enjoy doing it.

We have several regulars to the thread, BUT we also welcome newbies to the thread which we apparently get all the time.
We need something to start the discussion, not just 'talk about elves'.

Magic Informer

11,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Lt Oblivious
Agree, otherwise there might be some repeated history.

Timid Gaian

mimi-luna
Lt Oblivious
Agree, otherwise there might be some repeated history.

The agreement is followed by a third person, allright perhaps I should add magic into the discussion and fantasy realms?
shouldn't someone just post an elf idea?

Heroic Smoker

Deja-vu.
I think most people mis-percieve elves because all they look at are Paolini and Tolkien. Perhaps if they looked a bit deeper into the subject.

Timid Gaian

story_liver
shouldn't someone just post an elf idea?

Patience story_liver I have allready posted up an elf idea but we want a wide variety of the society that the elves live in to make the topic much more entertaining then just talking about elves.
Then it can be concidered an elvish index complete so untill then this thread is works in progress.
So, in a fight between a brownie and a pixie, who would win?

It's relevant. talk2hand

Timid Gaian

John Obake
Deja-vu.
I think most people mis-percieve elves because all they look at are Paolini and Tolkien. Perhaps if they looked a bit deeper into the subject.

That is exactly why I am going further into the topic at hand I'm adding more to it as we go wth the help of Lt.Oblivious.
I like the tolkien elves but creating my own would be much harder to do but I do look forward to the challenge, welcome to the topic again John Obake and lol, yes deja-vu indeed the other topic was a bit bland.
Hmm.

I've never actually made an elf, but I suppose I could whip something up.

Heroic Smoker

Jasper Riddle

It's relevant. talk2hand
Brownie. Hands down. Pixies got nothing on them.

Timid Gaian

Jasper Riddle

It's relevant. talk2hand

LOL, Jasper Riddle welcome to the topic and your comment had me snickering really hard
Jasper Riddle

It's relevant. talk2hand

Hm.

Pixies are more pains-in-the-asses type things, and I'm pretty sure brownies are more violent so I'm voting for the brownies.

Timid Gaian

Lt Oblivious
Hmm.

I've never actually made an elf, but I suppose I could whip something up.

I had created my own elf a while back, she had really long ears a bit longer then normall and I had her hair tied up in long blonde pig tails when I drew up the character.
It was kinda weird actually but I liked what I had created when I thought her up and I'm certain you'll create an interesting elf.

Timid Gaian

Lt Oblivious
Jasper Riddle

It's relevant. talk2hand

Hm.

Pixies are more pains-in-the-asses type things, and I'm pretty sure brownies are more violent so I'm voting for the brownies.

I'm going for the brownies as well, lol would anyone mind if I posted this topic up in the joke of the day?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff