Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Gaian

Closed for being derailed.
Oh oh.. I gotta reply to that.. *jumps up and down all impatiently*

Vampires aren't immortal in the sense gods are and can be killed, at least, in most legend that is the case.

Vampires having children.. we actually worked out that if the vampire in question fed on a female victim whilst she was ovulating and they were having sex at the time, the female vampire stood a chance to fall pregnant due to the correct hormones being in her blood stream. Of course, this would also need a male to be around at the same time to impregnate the female.. threesome smile

Vampires, to me, are sex symbols if they were such before becoming vampires.

And lastly.. the church thing and faith.. And this is purely based on my own writing in this regard. I left the traditional churches with their pretty buildings as holy ground and something that compelled vampires away from it, though the same cannot be said for the more modern churches which meet in school halls and other buildings built within the last 50 odd years.

The cross itself has the same power as holy ground, though I do agree that personal faith does augment that power.

Vampires are NOT demons nor are they possessed by demons unlike general believe. You simply cannot change a human being into a demon, especially given the theory that demons are fallen angels and there only exists a certain amount of angels. Also, a demon possessed person reacts much differently to your standard vampire and, from a vampires point of view, they would know if they were possessed or not.

I had a good time writing a scene with a vampire in church, and the dear old lady who tried to cast out the demon in him biggrin

Timid Gaian

YAY MY FIRST REPLY MY FIRST REPLY *Jump up and down clapping happily* Good say to lol I just had to start up a topic to see whatever anyone had to say about vampires.
I couldn't pass this one up no matter how much I got hated for my views on vampires today lol don't agree with you on vampires being sex symbols I hate stories like that.
But I guess it depends on the writers and everything about how they view vampires in their stories and such.

Scildecido's Husband

I must agree with faith augmenting the person's strength, though. If you read 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King it gives the perfect example of such. When dueling against a vampire, the priest held his cross to weaken him. As he did this, the vampire took a child as a hostage. He told the priest that he would let go of the boy if he would test his own faith and throw away his cross. Agreeing, the vampire released the boy; yet the priest still held onto the crucifix, thus going back on his word and sinning. This ultimately meant that his faith had been weakened by doubt and thus the vampire was able to destroy the cross and force the priest into exile.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah. Richard Matheson brought up a good point as well. He believed that a human-turned-vampire actually had to be religious in order for the symbol to work. He said that if the dead were to come back, they would drive themselves mad believing they were a sin to the god that created them. When Robert Neville, the main character, tried to hold the cross in front of a vampire, the creature merely scoffed at it. However, when shown the Torah, the Jewish Manuscript, the vampire became so belligerent that it broke the restraints set upon it. Thus one could tell that he was Jewish before he died.

Timid Gaian

Xeraphem
I must agree with faith augmenting the person's strength, though. If you read 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King it gives the perfect example of such. When dueling against a vampire, the priest held his cross to weaken him. As he did this, the vampire took a child as a hostage. He told the priest that he would let go of the boy if he would test his own faith and throw away his cross. Agreeing, the vampire released the boy; yet the priest still held onto the crucifix, thus going back on his word and sinning. This ultimately meant that his faith had been weakened by doubt and thus the vampire was able to destroy the cross and force the priest into exile.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah. Richard Matheson brought up a good point as well. He believed that a human-turned-vampire actually had to be religious in order for the symbol to work. He said that if the dead were to come back, they would drive themselves mad believing they were a sin to the god that created them. When Robert Neville, the main character, tried to hold the cross in front of a vampire, the creature merely scoffed at it. However, when shown the Torah, the Jewish Manuscript, the vampire became so belligerent that it broke the restraints set upon it. Thus one could tell that he was Jewish before he died.

That is rather interesting, and I must say I'm greatfull that someone else agrees with the faith for a persons strength while using a cross.
I say if a person doesn't have enough faith for what they believe in it should not work on a vampire, the vampire would be stronger then they would be.

Scildecido's Husband

What I do not understand is the naturally running water bit. Why can vampires not cross it? Is it because it's Kosher?
[[»Kenji-San says«]]
As a person who deeply despises everything that brings vampire discussion into this forum, I hate this thread. As a person who understands the lust for vampire discussion I am still angered here. As a fan of the series Twilight, you have angered me to a point of no return. As a contributer, I have one thing to say for the DO-NOT list. DON'T ******** WRITE A VAMPIRE THREAD IN THE FIRST PLACE! They are so ******** and too common to amuse me. For the most part, I understand that many of you have mixed opinions on Twilight I assume, but that as it is. In my personal opinion its a great book. What do you have against Stephenie Meyer, shes a great author.[YEt again my own opinion. Sorry this reply sucks.] And as another contribution, vampires ARE NOT immortal. They have longer life spans yes, but they do not live forever.

Thats all folks. I woudl love to write a longer reply, but I just woke up. Besides people deman I get off. I hope I gave some insight. But remember, DO NOT WRITE VAMPIRE THREADS DAMNIT! Their the most known repeat threads, and tehy are so annoying.

~Kenji

Timid Gaian

Kenji-San 66
[[»Kenji-San says«]]
As a person who deeply despises everything that brings vampire discussion into this forum, I hate this thread. As a person who understands the lust for vampire discussion I am still angered here. As a fan of the series Twilight, you have angered me to a point of no return. As a contributer, I have one thing to say for the DO-NOT list. DON'T ******** WRITE A VAMPIRE THREAD IN THE FIRST PLACE! They are so ******** and too common to amuse me. For the most part, I understand that many of you have mixed opinions on Twilight I assume, but that as it is. In my personal opinion its a great book. What do you have against Stephenie Meyer, shes a great author.[YEt again my own opinion. Sorry this reply sucks.] And as another contribution, vampires ARE NOT immortal. They have longer life spans yes, but they do not live forever.

Thats all folks. I woudl love to write a longer reply, but I just woke up. Besides people deman I get off. I hope I gave some insight. But remember, DO NOT WRITE VAMPIRE THREADS DAMNIT! Their the most known repeat threads, and tehy are so annoying.

~Kenji

Meh, I can start a thread on whatever I want it to be about. As long as it discusses writing.
Don't like vampires? Then don't jump in the thread if you don't have anything to discuss about this topic and learn some tolerance for us vampire lovers.

Timid Gaian

Xeraphem
What I do not understand is the naturally running water bit. Why can vampires not cross it? Is it because it's Kosher?

Running Water bit? I'm afraid I don't understand your question can you kinda give me a bit more information on what your asking? I only know alittle bit about vampires but every detail helps.
This is funny to me because I recently finished a report on vampires.

In all actuality, vampires have, to some extent, always had erotic connotations. When Johnathan Harker meets the wives in Dracula (Bram Stoker) he looks upon them as sexually pleasing entities.

To Kenji: I, too, enjoy the Twilight series.
Aliyssa
Xeraphem

Running Water bit? I'm afraid I don't understand your question can you kinda give me a bit more information on what your asking? I only know alittle bit about vampires but every detail helps.

Vampires are said to not be able to cross naturally running water, such as a stream or a river.
Kenji-San 66, oh my we're upset aren't we? Oh, and next time do us the favour and make sure we can read your post if you want us to take you serious. Tiny font = ignore.

Xeraphem, from memory, running water symbolises purity and purity is something vampires can't cope with. Same reason they have problems with churches really just not religious.

Timid Gaian

Nefas Fatum
Kenji-San 66, oh my we're upset aren't we? Oh, and next time do us the favour and make sure we can read your post if you want us to take you serious. Tiny font = ignore.

Xeraphem, from memory, running water symbolises purity and purity is something vampires can't cope with. Same reason they have problems with churches really just not religious.

Ahhh ignore people like that I knew I was gonna get yelled at when I started a vampire thread but who cares we all like different things out there.
And phew thank you Nefas for answering that question I really didn't know how to handle that one lol, like I said I only know alittle bit about vampires.

Scildecido's Husband

So again, they are left to realize that they internally feel like an abomination? Why else could the not stand purity unless a part of them believed themselves to be something unclean? Ugh, I'm making my brain bleed. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff