User Image

This is Cindy Donovinh reporting for Gaia 9 Action News. Gaia's war between humans and vampires rages on! Now that Vladimir Von Helson is offering Gaians a chance to join his undead legion, vampires have begun to gain a foothold in the struggle. Whether you're a vampire marauder or a Gambino loyalist, it's time to get out there and fight for your side!

Let's check out the latest Halloween news:

Halloween Costume Contest: The Winners!

We received tons of great entries in our Gaia Halloween Costume Contest, and now comes the fun part: winning! Our staff sat down and looked through the many, many entries, weeded out the ones that didn't follow the rules (those username signs really threw people off!), and selected our personal favorites. Without further ado:

Winner: Original Costume

User Image

StaciMarie - Gypsy Dancer

We were all in awe of Staci's beautiful homemade costume! Says she: "The skirt, bandana, vest, and corset are all hand-made. The jewelry is all antique, as is the headpiece. I hope you enjoy, I worked hard to make it look pretty ^^" Wonderful work smile

Winner: Gaia-Themed Costume

User Image

Loki Syndrome - Jack, The King of Halloween

Jack's been keeping a low profile this Halloween due to all this vampire business, but he's still the star of the show in Loki Syndrome's eyes. "I papermached the head, sowed the gloves, feet, shirt and cloak and came together with this costume. My favourite part is the head which has eyeholes in and fits around my head perfectly." That must be one heck of a head you've got in there!

In addition to the two big awesome winners, we thought we'd show you some of the other great costumes people put together:

Runners-Up: Gaia-Themed Costumes

User Image

[.The.Flying.Potato.] - My Avatar

We love the description for this one: "It's a costume of my current avatar (pictured in the lower left hand corner). Plus, I dressed up my cat as my Water-meat, too! She didn't like it, so I only got the one picture. Boy, was she mad."

User Image

Rebel Song - Grunny

"I made this all from scratch in less than a week. Yay me." Yay you indeed! We applaud your grunniness.

Runners-Up: Original Costumes

User Image

Divine Leaf Hallucinator - Psychedelic Stickman

A stick figure costume is a tough thing to pull off, but Divine Leaf Hallucinator rocked it with aplomb. "I thought it would be fun to attempt and I think it turned out well. The sign was my downfall though...a bit shabby and I had a hard time making it show up while still being able to see my stickfigure glowing." Very original!

User Image

Temily_Emily - Unknown/Too many to list

What is it? Who knows! But it's so spiny and peculiar that we couldn't resist its scruffy charms. "Originally meant to be a monster of sorts but it has been called everything from a sea urchin to a pin cushion...so I've decided to leave it unnamed."

Be sure to congratulate the winners on their bountiful Halloween spirit!

Gaia Staff Decoration Contest

You guys aren't the only ones who got to have fun this Halloween. The Gaia Team, already red-eyed and sleep-deprived from overwork, decided to drink that extra cup of coffee and dig deep into hidden reserves of energy to create amazing decorations! After all, if we didn't get into the Halloween spirit, how could we hope to create a good Halloween event?

We're so proud of our decoration and costuming skills that we've decided to upload photos of our work and let you, the Gaia User, the ultimate justice in the universe, decide which department is the supreme king of Halloween spookiness.

Check out our Happy Halloween Forum to see the entries! Each Gaia department has made a sticky thread containing all their photos. View them all, judge them carefully, and then vote in Lanzer's poll to select your favorite.

Hey! We judged YOUR costumes, so you owe it to us! Right?