Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the profile update? [unbiased poll]

Yes. 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 4 ]
No. 0.71428571428571 71.4% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]

The update will mess with the Gaian economy! Why will it do this? Have you seen the screenshots? It's all drag-and-drop. Any old hack can make a prittee profile with this new system. What will it do to the tektek database, the profile-making shops, or other things like that? How about the awesome profiles that are currently in use? They'll be useless now? I tink that the total control was a bit much...
It'll prolly be like the D Halo now, sure, it has a d-tail like pose, but the value will still be in the real thing. x3

Also, the shops usually provide custom graphics as well, and getting that will still keep up the shop price. x3 And, as far as I can tell, the only way to sell profiles will be through CSS, so prices won't go down, but they certainly won't dissapear~ Same with tektek, though I think they'll be happy to put less stress on their server. xDD

And I believe twobit said that the profiles will be interchangeable with CSS~

It's a good thing, though it'll take some getting used to, methinks, It'll attract more people to profile making, and provide a challenge for CSS users to make theirs 'better' than the new system's~ Not to mention, this forum'll be muchmore active. heart
VetorSwest
It'll prolly be like the D Halo now, sure, it has a d-tail like pose, but the value will still be in the real thing. x3

Also, the shops usually provide custom graphics as well, and getting that will still keep up the shop price. x3 And, as far as I can tell, the only way to sell profiles will be through CSS, so prices won't go down, but they certainly won't dissapear~ Same with tektek, though I think they'll be happy to put less stress on their server. xDD

And I believe twobit said that the profiles will be interchangeable with CSS~

It's a good thing, though it'll take some getting used to, methinks, It'll attract more people to profile making, and provide a challenge for CSS users to make theirs 'better' than the new system's~ Not to mention, this forum'll be muchmore active. heart

Ahh, I didn't know that it would be CSS compatible. So you're right, this new system is betterer.
x3
Yah, there might be a dip in the prices since people can make them on their own, but they'll still be good. (:
VetorSwest
x3
Yah, there might be a dip in the prices since people can make them on their own, but they'll still be good. (:

3nodding Regardless of the new system, people are still going to want something that looks more personal and special than everyone else's, and most of them will still be unwilling to learn. There will probably be a lot of small profile shops, mostly specializing in block-themes I would assume, that will die, but the good ones will adapt and live on.
I think....
yeah wat alliyah strife said stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas