Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ooooh, look at the sexy rant. XD

Very good points - too many times you hear about characters in this forum who sound like a big pile of cool, topped off with a cherry of 'OMG tehy roxxorz'.

Much kudos.
"A monumental read." -- Scarlet Jile

"A must have for your rant collection!" -- Scarlet Jile

"Don't go anywhere without 'Making a Cool Character Without Trying Too Hard. Rant.' with you!" -- Scarlet Jile

"4 stars out of 5!" -- Scarlet Jile

"Practically just as good as all the other Veive rants!" -- Scarlet Jile
Quote:
not to mention I always wonder how these characters managed to get appearances that match their personalities

seriously? I honestly know very few people whose appearances don't match their personalities.
PraetorSaval
Quote:
not to mention I always wonder how these characters managed to get appearances that match their personalities

seriously? I honestly know very few people whose appearances don't match their personalities.

I agree with this--my very heavy friend is really insecure, and my extremely pretty friends act very carefully because they know they're pretty. But I think that what Veive meant was something along the lines of 'don't make your character Laura, the one who is a princess, and has very delicate feelings the one who has porcelain skin, and soft, fine, hair, and purple eyes.' In other words, don't overdo it to the point where appearance is the personality--at least, that's my reading.

=D Wonderful rant! I've been wanting to see something like this for awhile now--characters have to be cool because they're characters, and there's little point to them otherwise, but sometimes the coolness reaches a point where it's ridiculous.
Veive's always got the best things to say.
Arbitratus
Not ALWAYS.
A+ all across the board.
Matthew vonDarvi
Arbitratus
Not ALWAYS.

k
All that's bad about my main character is his name. other than that, thankfully, he's fine.
Edit: Oops, sorry... It's an awesome char grader, and I know a couple people I could throw it at.
EonOmega
All that's bad about my main character is his name. other than that, thankfully, he's fine.

Thanks, that was really important for us all to know.
Matthew vonDarvi
Arbitratus
Not ALWAYS.
YES ALWAYS. scream
Axioma
Matthew vonDarvi
Arbitratus
Not ALWAYS.
YES ALWAYS. scream

DUH

Cool name.
Arbitratus
Axioma
Matthew vonDarvi
Arbitratus
Not ALWAYS.
YES ALWAYS. scream

DUH

Cool name.
Thankee.

On Activity, not reactivity...YES. This is what I want. I'd like some heroes who don't simply stand around waiting for the Dark Lord to burn their ******** village or somethign before they let circumstances push them around and have stuff happen to them.

I'd like the heroes to WANT stuff because they want it not because circumstances have conspired against them to the point that they desperately need it, and I want them to try and GET it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff