• The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
sdrawkcab
faery nuff
sdrawkcab
Quadropopilous
㊦㊚

Thank you guys for responding! And definitely after feedback!

I very much feel the echo as well. I'm part of the echo I know that as I'm kind of a glass cannon that spews everything out in one post then proceeds to disappear into the rest of the night unless people are messaging me on discord lol. Hit big, break eeeeasy. We also have less participants than years past. Some of you are super active in here, others not so much. I concur that the challenges (especially ones that require us to use each other's art!) increases the liveliness and involvement and I hope we do more of those!

Things Requested
- Previous theme days booo
- Draw whatever you want days yaaay
- More improvement days
- More theme variety, lots of repeats from years
- How to AI generate conversation Jk more artist to artist spirit challenges
- 24 Hour Theme Preview
- Locked 2021 Thread
- Locked 2022 Thread
- Help for wrap up / although I think this is doable asily. A subforum in the main guild thread opening on the 100th day may be an easy way for wrap up/engagement!
- January start dates?

🈂️🈶

I think liveliness and engagement is just a difficult task on Gaia in general now. I looked at the freebie forum back in Feb. There were threads on the main forum page that hadn't been bumped in over a week. @ .@ That was a shock to see the freebie forum so slooowww. So i think we'd be feeling this emptiness in that forum too now anyway since (I assume) less random people are around to poke their noses in.

It is difficult but when Gaian's are required to work together it does happen.
I was loving that St Patrick's day thread, there was a buzz in there that I haven't seen on gaia in a long time and I think people are missing that.

Most people don't know Friends Chat even exists. It might be worth having a chat with a Mod and seeing if there's a better forum to host the event?

Totally. I'm wondering if, for next year, maybe an announcement to the front page bulletin might help bring in people? I bet there's other users looking for excuses to come together for a project <.< >.> a 100 day project. .... Or maybe we can all get together and do Inktober together? Some sort of established event that might encourage other Gaians doing Inktober who might want a place to chat too?

Yeahhh. I think the other option is the project forum for Gaian-led projects but that forum is even slowerrrrr. The obvious forum is the CB, but who knows what people will wanna make meanspirited one-liners and run. <.< Yaknow, cuz they're cool like that.

I think a pre event event would be a great way of enticing new people in and advertising never hurts.

ee gads not Chatterbox! gonk No one needs to be in there xd

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
Day # 36
Theme: Stars
Time spent: 45m

User Image

Comments: It got late again so I doodled this while I was watching Jumanji with Niamh. The wobbles are where she fell off the sofa laughing rolleyes

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❅ Week 05 ❅
⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉
♢ March 29th - April 04th ♢ #029 - #035 ♢

Ako-sama
Day # 32
Theme: growth
Time spent: 35 mins

User Image

Comments: Look how cute!

crazypieloverangel
Day # 34
Theme: Azalea
Time spent: 1hr51min43sec40ms

Some more photos

Comments: I tried to make some paper flowers, but the shape of the azalea was hard lol. I think I should have made the petals all one big shape to get the correct shape of the flower, but they did turn out pretty!

faery nuff
Day # 34Theme: phoenix
Time spent: 40m

User Image
https://imgur.com/a/ENIXSAO

hiimbeary
Day # 6
Theme: fashion challenge - modern
Time spent: 3+ hrs

User Image

Comments:

wanted to do a fun pose, i was initially going to choose to do techwear/cyberpunk fashion but i already do that a lot i think, so this is just a bit more simple but with emphasis on the perspective

Kittenflavored
Day # 32
Theme: none
Time spent: 57ish minutes

User Image

Comments: finally done with this page, which can be read here.

Kumacchiato
Day # 32
Theme: headless horseman
User Image

Leithern
Day # 29
Theme: Assassin
Time spent: 45m

User Image

Comments: It's a pose I've done before, but this time I didn't use a reference.

Lioba
Day # 25
Theme: Butterfly
Time spent: 2h

User Image

luvlee_x
Day # 32 emotion_ghost
Theme:
Time spent: 2hr 30min

User Image

Comments:

OtakuKat
Day # 12
Theme: Daylight Savings Time
Time spent: About An Hour

User Image

Comments: I'm still getting used to it.... cat_gonk

scribblescrabbles
Day # 30
Theme: kitchen
Time spent: 15 mins

User Image

Comments: i can't wait for a door to be added to my kitchen so the cats stop going in and stealing things...

sdrawkcab
        Day: 29
        Theme: Redraw an old drawing (5+ years old)

User Image User Image

Comments:
        old (Aug 2006) | redraw (Mar 2023)

Selini

emotion_ghost Day #34
Theme: Worry
Time spent: oops forgot again

User Image

Comments: Floie is definitely a worrier

True Karma
Day 33 jellyfish, Ghost
User Image

WraythRose Darkthorn
Day # 033
Theme: Jellyfish
Time spent: ~1hr

User Image

Comments: I'm going to miss March, it was so easy going what day is it? Ah yes, 23/3/23, ergo day 23! rofl

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Day # 036
Theme: Cyclops
Time spent: ~30mins

User Image

Comments: saw cyclops & err well, Ive been listening to a couple of songs from Epic the Musical on youtube! (Polyphemus & Remember them)!

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Quadropopilous
User Image
I cheaply animated him lol.

Hey there to everyone! Sorry if I've been overly quiet, missed anyone's stuff, or slow to reply. I've pretty much only checked messages on Discord here and there but should be back to the swing (and updating the themes at 3am and that's about it).

As a few of you may know who I talked to I've been dealing with my mother in her relapse into some pretty heavy drugs. She is okay and is reaching back out for help to her sobriety but it has been a very trying time on my part mentally and emotionally. I'm suppose to meet up with her thursday (as she is not allowed on our property anymore) and to check up on her and see how she is.

I've also changed shifts at my current main job so I'm 8:30 to 7pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. And my secondary job I am now 7am to 4pm Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays. I've been working 2 jobs for 6 months and still don't see my forseeable future in quitting my oldest job.. Anyway!

What does that mean for you guys?
It means I'll be around my computer more often during the day, minus the past week where I spent all my freetime dealing with my mom. But it also means I'm my most quiet on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Since my part time job is more physically demanding I don't like to do much except spill all over the couch until it's time to sleep. And if I do manage to get myself on I typically use that time to play games with my friends.

What would I like to do for you guys?
I sent a message quoting anyone part of 100 Days of Art in the last 2 events to do an anonymous survey a few weeks before the event started. I'm really happy with how it went and I hope it can be used to in the future to better it! The things I got drastic results in (aka a lot of people picked the same options) I'd like to address towards our art event future to the other mods and you! For the sake of transparency on my part I did not mention/message the other mods prior to this so it forces discussion in the open because I am a jerk. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Organization

Most of you agreed that we were at least somewhat organized or higher. I took the survey myself (gotta participate too!) and actually put we aren't organized at all LOL. The event is trucking along and has been but I think we fall short when it comes to wrapping it up. I get a feeling that we kind of throw our hands in the air by the 100 days and everyone just checks the ******** out by then. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'm committing to rallying everyone up for a more cohesive finish and reflection in that last week after the 100 days. I haven't participated much (woow 1 art done) but I know this is very important to people to be able to actually look back on what they've done this year, what they liked, what they didn't like about their own art etc.

Spirit Passes/Spirit Challenges

Right now what I'm hearing is people want more spirit challenges and more spirit passes. Currently it's been over a month since a spirit pass, either freebie or through challenge has been given/initiated. This will be passed on to Chii as she is the spirit pass/challenge curator and likes to be very involved/available at those times User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. She is currently on vacation! Yay vacation!

Improvement Days

A lot of you want more improvement days! That is awesome to hear that there are pieces you guys want to revisit and continue on! Currently every 10th day is an improvement day but will see with the mod team on increasing that!

Weekly Spotlight

If it is still unknown to any of you, sdrawkcab has taken over the spotlight and it is VERY appreciated! It takes a LOT of work with marking everything off, looking through everything, make sure it's nice and pretty for people to look at. This was a huge relief for me, personally, because I know I am not that good at it when I try to do it (hell, I missed the very first week).

Event Dates

No one seemed to care all that much about when the event happens. I think in years past (prior to me joining) it was a thing to have it before summer break for our younger artists who may get stuck in summer programs/vacations/etc. I'm assuming this is not very relevant anymore, but correct me if I'm wrong if that's the case! Adding 'insert comment here' spots in Survey Monkey actually costs money that I wasn't willing to pay hahah (I will also be looking at future survey programs).

Help/Concerns

The vast majority of you were somewhat comfortable to super comfortable in asking questions/assistance and most of you thought we were g. While that may seem pretty good I want it to be at a 'Extremely' comfortable across the board. And it's okay to pick favorites when asking! And it's okay to ask two different people on the matter as well if you don't like the response or just simply want better clarification. I try to be as courteous as I can when addressing any issues and my goal is to always have everyone here and happy. I know some of us are more intimidating than others but we always be here to answer your questions and help guide you. And if you're THAT uncomfortable feel free to send someone on your behalf (although I hope you know we're gonna help out regardless of who it comes from) or maybe even we can make some sort of anonymous comment/question submission board? I know this can be pretty tricky since our mannerisms still may come out in our typing but let me know. Also if you offer suggestions on this matter I will not assume it's you that was uncomfortable. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'm looking for options from everyone!

Expectations

Expectations for the event were met or exceeded for most of you who did the survey. I'm hoping with these surveys/outreach we can add some tweaks and any needed improvements so it exceeds more everyone to the best of abilities. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Other Areas

Some of you wanted art critiques but the majority didn't. We will revisit this after event to see how that has changed or if there is an increased interest. This will probably be a very involved task and require dedicated mod(s). In the meantime, throw your art into the main thread and ask people for the hard truths. I hope everyone can be respectful when doing this and that if you're asking for critques you are aware you will get negative feedback. In that same sense if you're offering your critique please also provide positive feedback. I will say 2 for 2 is a good balance. Two areas that could be improved on, two areas that are well achieved.
NaaraZheng

Tanteii

Katal

Kashikun Reborn

nichirella

Pocket Whisperer

Avaykn

Manu~Koa

Ishnia

Leindor

HaiiroHitsuji

Ghosts of My Friends

silentbreeze90

bees everywhere

cytocore

ZyriFrost

Hypnotic X

AfroAtelier

Ichinose Mizuhino

paperburn

andalitegirlssad

OtakuKat

Quadropopilous

Crazypieloverangel

Ako-sama

WraythRose Darkthorn

Leithern

Kumacchiato

Kittenflavored

Selini

mythological irony

sdrawkcab

True Karma

ChiiDoLLx

Sayuu

hiimbeary

puuur

Lioba

luvlee_x

Manu-Koa

ZyriFrost

cassieeeee

Leonaenae

RoseDragonfire

AB102

Alec Ikiiki

Sassmaster Host

faery nuff

Pocket Whisperer

Amai_Neiko

Karen_Kodaijin

Kitteh Faye

In the end we don't want this all on you, we don't want it on any mods or Chii. It takes a lot of time to keep a community talking and feeling like just that... A community.
I agree with Leithern, this event doesn't require us to post in the public thread. In my opinion discord splits the value of community. Some don't post on discord, like me or nuff. Others only post on discord. I never see Ako here to think of one person I would love to see their art and talk to more. It's not that one spot is wrong or right but it divides the group.

Spirit Challenges already rally's the troops and it feels we are missing that rally. Hopefully that need for SC will be met with fun weekend drawings.

As to posting on this thread, I do it rain or shine, good or bad art. Bad art is just a chance to grow. I shouldn't hide that growth displaying that I can have bad days and I'm not a perfect artist. Not hiding that makes me a stronger artist and for that reason I really think posting in a public place holds value to developing my skills and also being apart of a community.

Separately I've reached out asking for the mods needs, just know I'm here and will always be. To whatever level the team needs because it's not a one man show and everyone does so well hosting and drawing. I wouldn't want to see this event fade due to something I could of done to help support.

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
faery nuff
I love how people are getting all freaked out by Chatgpt now that it's 'talking'. And it seems to be all the people who were all "meh, AI art 'art' programs wont affect artists jobs.....who gives a stuff it's going to save everyone money...." emotion_omnomnom And artists were emotion_donotwant Now it's writing and they're all like OMG! *headdesk* lol don't get me started.

I think it doesn't help that we're all spread out over loads of time zones. When I'm online most people are in bed (which means you're probably up super late/early right now)

lol, deffo a win smile So long as the conversation carries on. I'm as bad as anyone else for posting and running so I'm going to make more of an effort to chat. Might encourage other people to join in 3nodding

2018 had the best prompts I think. Not sure if there's a list of them somewhere. There was stuff like Henna Tattoo, Monster Repellant, there's something wrong with the moon, Mushroom World, Kawaii poops (with mildly terrifying results), make a paper doll, Embarrassed Cat, Punk bugs, Slimy Friend, Adorable mythical creature, Monster Under The Bed, Draw a picture with objects hidden inside, Cloud City..... it made people think outside of the box rather than just googling a reference image and drawing it. emotion_omnomnom

Oh man, I forgot about "there's something wrong with the moon." rofl Honestly a lot of the ones you listed could be reused, especially if mods are hurting for theme ideas!

Invisible Dreamer

faery nuff
Selini
I feel the same way as Lioba... regarding posting art in the main thread. I'm not always comfortable posting art since my head deems a majority of the stuff I draw to be...non-postworthy. ;; I apologize, I'm guilty of posting and running as well. But it feels nice having our own individual thread to post in, that's kind of away from the public eye.

Of course, it's not that I don't want to chat or contribute to the main thread... It's just that most of the time I don't have anything interesting or worthwhile to share. I could try, though. Because I do miss seeing more activity here.

I think your sketches are particularly lovely. It's really nice to see your thought process and even with the tiniest likes you can tell a story. Definitely worth posting!

Thanks faery >< I'll think about it.

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Lioba
would be lovely to get some more movement in the forum, for me it's hard to post most of the time because I'm overwhelmed with absolutely everything.

I also have on/off relationships with my artwork so it's really hard for me to post in the main thread here because I feel like actively posting somewhere is a difficult topic for me, even if it's in this small group of people I trust. It's still kinda nerve-wracking for me. I didn't think about it back in the day when we were only posting in the thread but now that we have our own little corner that's basically my reason to hit-and-run qq as soon as I'm posting anywhere else I'm starting to overthink "is this really good enough to show it to other people etc" my brain is my own worst enemy

I think the internet has changed a lot in the last few years. It was easier in the past to be active in a forum now it feels so different. Everything is instant messages and video content and idk, I miss the old days but I am very aware that I am part of the problem.

I still really enjoy the event and I'm looking forward to it every year. I feel like I'm at a good place when I'm drawing every day and there are often paintings that surprise me, the themes help a lot.

Timezones are definitely also a thing... I can try to post more often but I'm really bad at writing right now

I'm very grateful for the event and all the hard work you guys put into it heart

Hey, even if you feel like a piece isn't worth sharing, somebody will think it was worth it. There've definitely been times when I rather would've kept a piece out of view, but I make myself post it anyway. Some days aren't going to be your best ones, and that's okay! I'm sure you already know that, but I know I needed to hear that in past years. ;3;

Yeah, the internet has definitely changed a ton. I swear that the younger generation is even more about that instant gratification that mine was, lol. These days, it's live chat or bust, for the most part. Oh god, oh no, we're not "with it" anymore! /GrandpaSimpson.jpeg

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Kumacchiato
Day # 36
Theme: yeti and cyclops

since it was mentioned.... had to go with some kawaii poops today rofl
User Image

Absolutely glorious!

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
faery nuff
I found the best way round that is when you're posting in your thread just copy the WHOLE post and then paste and post in here. It makes it so that you don't have time to think about it wink

Oh no, that's what I always do already! rofl

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Da 35, Chey, Ghost
User Image

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Day 36 Stars, Ghost
User Image

Kawaii Otaku

Day # 36
Theme: At Request
Time spent: 35min

User Image

Comments:

Kumacchiato

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Day # 36
Theme: Cyclops
Time spent: 50m

User Image

Comments: Billy got his bangs trimmed, now everyone can see his one big eye!

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
True Karma
Day 36 Stars, Ghost
User Image

This is super cute, Karma!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items