6: Graveyard

Katima_Seronis's Significant Otter

Human

1,600 Points
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
User Image

The God of war, Ares, or as mortals knew him, Rainer Marceau was more than delighted that his plan worked, everything was moving like a well oiled machine.
Their powers were fading, they would fade away, or become mortal if that happened, Ares didn’t want that. He was disgusted with his father, with Zeus, who was lazily sitting by, watching the world, content to be forgotten, assuring the others that hte humans would come back to them in time.

Ares then turned to Poseidon, who was doing a poor job of hiding his anger, it took a little convincing, but after Zeus was not willing to listen, after he continued to be stubborn, the God of the sea was more than willing to go to war with his brother, and any other God that stood with him.
Ares wanted to meet Zeus on the battlefield, but in the same respect he wanted to meet Athena on the battlefield, he knew she stood with Zeus, she always would.
The God of war wanted to fight his sister.

It was early in the morning, Poseidon had wanted to meet Ares in Central Park, New York. The god was fine with that.
Ares lived in the area anyways...why not right? If they were going to live amongst the humans he’d need a place to stay, he wore dark pants, a dark blue shirt, deciding against the coat, he shoved a pair of sunglasses on then headed outside.

It was a tense atmosphere, the god could feel it...excellent, he suspected it wouldn’t be long until everything boiled over, leaving Gods and Goddesses scrambling to pick a side.
Ares shoved his hands into his pockets as he walked through the park, there were not many people here this early, a few joggers, a couple of teenagers...and that was about it.
These mortals...they had no idea that a storm was coming, that they were going to be right in the middle of, gods and goddesses fighting, they would likely destroy half of the population. That would make Hades happy, he’d get his influx of souls to pass judgement on. Ares often wondered if trying to talk to his other uncle would be a wise idea...would Hades even want to help?
He didn’t like either of his brothers that much. Then again Hades was a master at indifference. Ares might wait, unless Poseidon asked for him...or Hades came to them to offer his help.

The god of war spotted his uncle sitting on a park bench, observing the mortals in the park, he sat down next to his uncle, he could sense a shift in mood, he tipped his head to look over his sunglasses at the man.
“Don’t worry nephew, I’m not changing my mind, I am just wondering if there is another way, another angle we could work while we plan our attack on Zeus. Some way we can convince the humans to believe in us again. It would give us back some of our powers.” Poseidon responded. Ares sat back with a sigh, he looked at the sky.
“We can’t really go around showing the mortals what we are, you know the cops and the military would be called on us, then we’d have a whole other battle on our hands.” Ares replied.
“We have planning to do, and attempt to recruit family to our side, going to war this soon is unwise. I may send you to do some recruiting, I know, you are not well liked...but you have a way with words that I don’t possess.” Poseidon added.
“Me? Truly you do not understand how much my family does not like me.” Ares laughed humorlessly. “I can try, but I can not promise I will have success.” he added with a slight shrug, then he looked up when a young woman stopped and stared at them. She looked shockingly like a woman he’d been with at one point. Sasha Selene was the woman’s name.

“G-Good morning.” the woman stammered then hurried along. Ares looked after her, he felt a hand on his shoulder, he looked back to Poseidon. “I...think she’s my daughter…” he said slowly, realization dawning on him.
Ares didn’t even think that he got Sasha pregnant. He had an obligation to talk to her...to protect her, from Zeus, he knew that if his father found out, he’d try to use the woman against him, or kill her...Ares was not that kind of monster.
“I will be back.” he said to his uncle, then got up from the park bench, approaching the woman, his hands still in his pockets, she was looking up at him, her shoulders squared.
“I think...you are my father.” she said.
Ares took off his sunglasses, blue eyes locking with brown. “I think you’re right. Look kid, I’m talking with my uncle...how about we meet tonight? Get some dinner...talk, catch up.” he said slowly.
“There is something important I need to talk to you about,” he said. “Meet me back here around four, and we can go from there, I can tell you’re uncomfortable around me alone, so bring a friend.” Ares added.

Headstrong Hunter

User Image

Zeus had just been biding his time, waiting to see what was going to happen. Which children and siblings would stand by his side. It was no surprise that Ares was siding with Poseidon, seeing as how the god of sea was more than willing to act.
Zeus and Ares didn’t see eye to eye, they never did.
He was lucky that Athena was going to remain at his side, she was loyal to him, and he appreciated that more than words could say.

Zeus didn’t want this war to happen...he thought it was silly, what would it accomplish? Other than killing half of the population? Leaving less mortals around to worship them.
However, Poseidon insisted, then the gods began to pick sides...some of them haven’t yet, but Zeus is now more than happy to oblige, though he knows it will be a matter of time before the humans come crawling back to them.
At least that is what he thinks..
The mortals worshipped them before, and it was a matter of time before it happened again, though some of the Gods didn’t think that way, they didn’t like being forgotten. Mortals were fickle things, and Zeus believed it would only be a matter of time before they turned away from their current God, when their prayers and requests weren’t answered.

Zeus inhaled slowly, then got up from where he sat, deciding to start his morning. He greeted Hera, with a kiss to the cheek, she gave him a small smile in response. “You are worried.” he said, raising eyebrows at her. “Of course I am.” she responded. “War, it is so...pointless. I don’t know why you agreed to it.” she said exasperated.
“Well when our family began to choose sides, I knew it was going to happen one way or another, with some of them delaying on their choices, it delays the war further, who knows, Poseidon may give up on it.” Zeus replied. “He’ll realize that I am right and--”
“Not with Ares whispering in his ear.” Hera replied. “The serpent.”
The god of the sky shook his head. “You are probably correct.”

He clasped his hands behind his back and began pacing. “I wonder if I should speak to Hades, see if I can bring him to our side.” he said aloud, then saw the look on Hera’s face.
“You do not agree?” he asked.
“Well he was not entirely thrilled when you, he and Poseidon drew out the lots...he received the underworld, and was forced to take it, I doubt you are his favourite brother though I do not think that he would give his help to Poseidon either.” Hera responded thoughtfully.
“Perhaps you are correct, I will let him decide on his own what to do, he will do what he thinks is right.” Zeus sighed. He wouldn’t admit it aloud, but Hades help could be useful. The god wasn’t sure what else there was to do at the moment, other than wait and see which gods would offer their alliance to him, and which would deflect to Poseidon’s side.

Zeus had left Hera for the day, and ventured out. “Athena, I know you are following me.” he said slowly, very aware that the goddess was nearby. “Do you require something? I’ve already given you a task...recruit.” he said turning to see the blonde standing nearby. “But leave Hades alone, it would be unwise to attempt to bring him to our side.” he said, though the look on her face said that wasn’t what she wanted.
“Or is there something else you need to discuss with me?” he asked arching an eyebrow.

dancingdounut's Significant Otter

Bashful Waffles

User Image

Oliver Eason had indeed gone on a date last night, it was his second date with a man named Ryley Lamont, he had never thought he’d be dating again...not after his last terrible relationship. The man had been abusive, and it took Ivy’s help for him to get out of it.
Thanks to her, he was serving a very long time jail, for assault, and nearly killing him. Oliver had emotional, and physical scars from that relationship, but with a little push he got back out there, Ryley was the nicest man he’d ever met, a gentleman through and through, he didn’t touch Oliver without permission. He had been brought flowers on their second date, he was giddy.
The demigod had returned home late that evening, hoping he didn’t wake Ivy, it was nearly one am when he got home, he and Ryley had watched the stars and lost track of time, though Oliver felt bad, Ryley was a teacher, and he still had classes in the morning.
They were going out again tomorrow night, it was Saturday, and there were no classes the next day.

Oliver jerked awake, from a bad dream, he seemed to have nightmares when Ivy did, though his involved the city having been levelled, smoke curling into the sky from torched and destroyed cars, people laying in the street, dead, and a darkened sky filled with thunder and lightning.
The demigod ran a hand down his face, then became aware of a weight on his chest. “Hello Luna.” he greeted Ivy’s cat, who meowed at him, licked his cheek, then trotted off.
Oliver chuckled softly as he sat up, running a hand through his short hair, he took Ivy in twelve years ago, after her mother died, they were like siblings, and they took Luna in a year ago, as a rescue kitten.

He tugged on a shirt then made his way out to the kitchen, where Luna was sitting patiently waiting for her bowl to be topped up. “You still have food in there you silly cat.” Oliver sighed, she meowed loudly. Oliver rolled his eyes, topped up her food, and filled the bowl with clean water.
“Ivy must be out for a jog.” he mused. He didn’t know how she did that every day, Oliver got winded climbing a set of stairs, a jog would kill him.
Oliver took a shower, dressed in clean clothes, and was going to wait for Ivy to come home, he had the day off, and was going to see if she wanted to do something today. Oliver was glad, he really didn’t want to be at the coffee shop today.

Oliver decided to cook breakfast, it would be done when Ivy got back, he usually timed it pretty well, she always wanted food after a jog. Sure enough as soon as Ivy came through the door, breakfast was ready. “Good morning.” Oliver greeted the dark haired woman, who looked...stunned.
“Hey? What’s wrong?” Oliver frowned, he hadn’t seen that look on her face before, he watched her as she pushed the door closed, slowly removed her shoes, then joined him at the table for breakfast.
“I...met my father.” she said slowly.
Oliver had chosen that moment to take a sip of his coffee and promptly choked on it. “W-What?” he spluttered, eyes wide. “Ares? You met Ares?”
Ivy inclined her head slightly.
“Well...what happened? What was he like? Did...he even give you the time of day?” Oliver asked, he knew that Ivy spoke a little ill of her father, she harvested bitterness towards him and of course she did, he left a pregnant woman, a single mother to raise a daughter on her own. Ares never met Ivy.

Oliver, never met his father, Zeus...though he was forty one now, he didn’t give a damn if he met the God or not, at this point he didn’t care...well okay that wasn’t wholly true, there was a small part of him that wanted to just see him once.
But if he hadn’t met Zeus once in this amount of time, it was likely he would never meet him. Though what was Ares doing here? What was going on?

dancingdounut's Significant Otter

Bashful Waffles

User Image

Everything was changing, the mood had shifted, the weather was changing, a war was coming, and there was no stopping it, the wheels had been set in motion.
Hades, or Dove Merrick as he was known by mortals, had been sitting by idly, just watching Poseidon and Zeus go at each other. The humans had changed from worshipping the Greek Gods to other idols that had been created, it was slowly draining the powers of the Gods. Though it wasn’t affecting Hades nearly as much, people still died, they still believed in death, and the devil, and Hell.

The God of the underworld was very amused at all of this, Zeus was content to sit on his throne, and watch the humans worship other Gods, the king was so certain that the humans would come back to them. Poseidon wasn’t sure, he was worried that they would be forgotten, and nothing would bring the humans back to them.
Hades really had no stance on this, whether the humans worshipped him or not didn’t change the cycle of life and death, and with a war on the horizon, it would increase the souls that would be coming to him, for him to pass judgement on their soul.
Elysium was where most people wanted to go, that place was reserved for the very good, or legendary heroes. Asphodel Fields was where most people went, it was a neutral place. Then Tartarus, where the truly evil went...you didn’t want to go there.

Hades decided to go top side, it was early in the morning, and mostly he just want to be amongst the mortals, to observe them to see if they noticed anything, though it was likely not, they never noticed anything, not even the God of the underworld walking among them.
Also to get away from Persephone for a while, she had become obsessive, constantly hovering around him, needing...demanding his attention.
Hades knew he kidnapped her long ago; he loved her once, and there was a part of him that still did, but her behavior as of late was driving him away from her.

Hades decided to head to Central Park, it was getting to be a popular place, he could sense the presence of other Gods here. The god of the underworld settled himself onto a park bench, and about fifty feet to his left, he saw Poseidon and Ares sitting together on a park bench locked in conversation, thankfully they hadn’t noticed him yet.
Then Ares’ attention was grabbed by a young woman, she was a pretty little thing, but he suspected that was not the reason Ares was speaking with her, the God of war actually looked concerned for her.
Hades’ attention was drawn to her as well...she was a God...or at least half of one.
A demigod! Brilliant! Bloody brilliant.
A smile crossed Hades’ face, he slowly understood, likely before Ares did, that the young woman was a child of a God, specifically the child of Ares, that was why he was wearing such a look of concern.

Hades laughed dryly. He wondered what would happen if Zeus found out about this young woman, he had a suspicion on what his brother would do. He sat back against the bench, steepling his fingers together, his eyes following the young woman as she jogged past, mumbling to herself.
So there were demigods out there. Hades wondered how many Gods actually had children out there. Zeus had to be one of them...he likely had multiple children around.
This made things more interesting, demigods if they were discovered would be dragged into this war as well, and most of them would likely die.

Demonic Nymph

12,875 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
User Image As time flies, eras come and by. The new Gods sipped in, and as technology evolved, the mortals no longer worship the old gods. But Persephone doesn't care more and she wouldn't care less.

As the Goddess of Spring and the Queen of Underworld, whether that the mortals worship her or not, or if her powers were not as strong as it used to be, it doesn't concern her at all. Her mind and soul is dedicated to Hades, her dear abductee and husband.

But with time's test, Persephone noticed that Hades was not as affectionate as before. His attention span on her was unlike the hundreds of years before, and this is when Demeter's "lessons" started to show itself. They say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, they were right in this case. Demeter was obsessive and controlling, and so was Persephone.

Persephone would follow Hades wherever he goes, and turned his best assistant - Minthe into a mint plant out of jealousy. She would throw a tantrum causing mortal realm to shake in fear when he said that she was out of control, and she blamed Hades for her pain. Even when she went back to mortal realm during the spring and summer, he never felt free from her.

When Hades left the underworld to hide from Persephone, she went to mortal realm to look for him. She took form of a young lady and the name known to mortals as Ko So-Yeon or Kore, she started her journey on searching her beloved. Although her beauty does not match the gorgeous Aphrodite, but she could still make men and women turn their heads, and she made use of it. She work as a model, so that she could travel all around the world to make her quest of searching Hades easier, and she is a successful model.

After a fashion event in New York, she dressed in a white one shoulder dress that reminded her of her wedding dress, and she sat in her favorite cafe sipping tea when she sensed someone that she missed dearly accidentally releasing his aura. It was her beloved. Her face brighten up, and she was shivering in excitement. She got up, paid her dining fees and rushed towards Central Park where she felt the aura was located.

When she got there, she saw the face that she had not seen for months that felt like forever. Hades is just as handsome as she remembered, and the aura he unleashed is sending chills down her spine, his smile makes her giddy and at that moment, she wanted to run towards him, and hug him tightly so he can't run away.

But as she took her first step, she noticed that her dear husband was looking at a runner. Her expression froze, and the grass around her wilted.

A woman. He's smiling at another woman.

Persephone's soul is filled with jealousy and anger. He din't smile at her for many years, and she can never blame him for looking at another woman. Her anger, was towards that woman. She noticed that she's a demi-god, and the daughter of Ares.

"How dare that unsightly existence of a mortal seduce my darling! HE'S MINE HE'S MINE HE'S MINE HE'S MINE HE'S MINE HE'S MINE HE'S MINE"

The scene of Hades smiling at another woman reminded her of the river nymph that dared to seduce her husband in the past. She turned her into a mint plant, and to her, it was a well deserve punishment for one who dared to make a pass on her darling. But because of that incident, Hades was angry at her, and did not talk to her for quite sometime no matter how many times she apologized. The plants were withering around her, Hades might notice later on that she's there after he snapped out from his train of thoughts. She wouldn't dare to make the same move again, she just don't want to risk having Hades running away again or never talk to her.

Persephone clench her fist, biting her lower lip, and she walk away before her anger takes over her. Every step she took wilted the grass beneath her feet. She summon for her flower nymph to follow that woman, and to report back to her of who that woman is.

"I'll get rid of her first before i meet with my love. Wait for me a little longer Hades, we'll be together again, soon."

NinPastora's Groom

Anxious Codger

3,650 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
User Image

The goddess of wisdom, watched with a heavy heart as Ares deflected from Zeus, to Poseidon, to encourage his uncle to go to war. As much as Athena never saw eye to eye with Ares, he was still her brother, and she still loved him, she didn’t want to have to fight him, but she had a feeling it was going to come down to that.
The war...didn’t have to happen, it shouldn’t happen, but Zeus agreed, Athena would stand with her father no matter what. It was all because they wanted the mortals to believe in them again. Humans studied them, some still worshipped them, was that not enough?
Athena did not understand.

Zeus had asked her to do one thing, recruit for him, see what Gods and Goddesses she could convince to stay with Zeus. So far the others hadn’t made a decision, and Athena respected that, she wouldn’t push, that would only turn them to Poseidon’s side.
Athena was sure that one god would be on their side...Hephaestus, he would not turn away from them, considering what happened between him, and Ares, even if Aphrodite stayed with Zeus, the black smith would not leave them.

The previous evening, Athena had spent a little time in a restaurant, she had dinner by herself and a few drinks, and spent some time waving off advances from drunken men. There was someone who caught the goddesses’ attention, two men entered the restaurant, clearly on a date.
The older man was such a gentleman, but that was not the one Athena was drawn to, it was the slightly younger man with the dark hair and dark eyes, and the warm smile. The goddess watched the two men for a few moments, they were clearly smitten with each other, Eros would love seeing this.
The younger man was a god...half god.
A demigod? So they really did exist.
Athena thought that...the gods and goddesses weren’t supposed to sleep with the humans. They could talk to them of course, that was inevitable, but sleeping with them was forbidden. Athena grew uncomfortable, who was breaking those rules?
She’d never broken the rules, she didn’t want to...then again she hadn’t been attracted enough to anyone to even try, most men only wanted one thing, Athena would rather have a relationship than a one night stand...but no she couldn’t think about that...she had other things to worry about.
The goddess listened to a bit of their conversation, then ducked out of the restaurant, she didn’t want to eavesdrop on their entire date, just long enough to get a name.
Oliver.
She would have to let Zeus know, but in the morning...his nights were reserved for Hera.

Come morning, Athena left her apartment early, all of the gods and goddesses had a place to call home, Athena didn’t want to spend all her time on Olympus. It was easy for her to track down Zeus, he, Poseidon and Hades all gave off distinct auras.
“Athena, I know you are following me.” Zeus said, her father turned to look at her. “Do you require something? I’ve already given you a task...recruit.” he said.
Athena stood a little straighter. “But leave Hades alone, it would be unwise to attempt to bring him to our side.” he warned her. Hades? She hadn’t even thought about attempting to convince him, he didn’t like his brothers, she knew it was unwise.
“Or is there something else you need to discuss with me?”
“For your information father, I have not been inactive, I have been recruiting others or at least attempting to, the Gods and Goddesses are unsure of who they want to side with.” Athena shrugged slightly as she approached Zeus. “I know of one who will not deflect, Hephaestus, he does not like Ares, he will stand with you, though he will make weapons for both sides, as that is his job, but if it comes down to war, he will stand with us.”
The goddess looked down at the ground for a moment, then back up to her father. “I discovered something last night. A demigod.” she said, he didn’t look surprised.
“You...know they exist? I just thought that with the rule…” Athena sighed, throwing her arms up.
“I guess it can’t be helped.” she laughed softly.
“Not everyone agrees with your rules, I just wanted to let you know that they exist, and if they find out about us...they are going to get dragged into a war they have no part in, if any of them are yours...leave them alone, do not needlessly get them killed.”
Blue eyes were locked with brown for several moments, before Athena took a step back. “Oh, by the way, the child...well he wasn’t really a child, the man’s name was Oliver.”

The goddess dismissed herself from her father’s presence, and stopped dead in her tracks, seeing a face she had not seen in a long time, Persephone, who was walking away, from where Hades sat upon a bench, the young goddess was enraged by something, the grass around her feet was withering with every step she took. Athena was curious...but thought it best if she steered clear for now.
Though Hades was still seated upon the park bench, probably trying his best to ignore Persephone’s presence, the last time she came home...she had been...obsessive about Hades, speaking so highly of her dear love.
Athena decided to speak to her uncle, not to recruit him, but just to talk.
“Hello uncle. I am not here to recruit you.” she said tentatively sitting on the bench beside him, she cast a quick look around, Zeus was nowhere to be seen.
“You do realize your wife is here, correct, she is clearly unhappy with something.” she mused looking over her shoulder to the retreating form of Persephone. “You might want to talk to her, before she destroys all of Central Park, and draws attention to herself.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff