Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
I wanted to start a thread for reference on what to expect when fishing for an Angelic Rod. This is a goal many Fishing enthusiasts have, so I hope it will be of some help to you all. I hope that this will give you an idea of what to aim for in your journey to the AR and AR+

User Image

Take a peek at the Angelic Rod's lines!
User Image

Angelic Rod - 75,000 fish total

Total Bucket Space - 18 fish

Bait Needed for Angelic Rod - 4167 packs of bait (rounded up from 4166.666666666667, and assuming you fish a whole, full bucket every time)

Average Time per Bucket - 5 minutes 58 seconds (for an advanced fisher without any missed catches, using a Basic Rod Plus in Bass'ken Lake with A Bait)

Average Total Time to Fish Angelic Rod - 17 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes, and 6 seconds (using the above average time and information, this is the time you would be dedicating not including breaks, time to chat, and e.t.c.)

If I Dedicated 2 Straight Hours Every Day, How Many Days Would It Take? - Around 207 Days (hey, you can get an Angelic Rod in a year if you did this every other day!)

To calculate for an Angelic Rod Plus, just double all of the figures listed above! If you want to know more about times using different baits, rods, or lakes please quote me and I will do the math and list it above for you upon request!

Personal Countdown to My First Angelic Rod:

Updated 12/15/2017 - - - 75,000 of 75,000!!!! REACHED ON 12/15/2017

Personal Countdown to My First Angelic Rod PLUS:

Updated 8/10/2018 - - - 150,000 of 150,000
**Going to try and earn this in a single year, before January 2019**
REACHED ON 8/11/2018

Frequently Asked Questions:

question Does catching junk/trash count towards my total fish number?
Yes, it will!

question Does bait type have anything to do with speed?
- - - -

question Does the type of rod make a difference in speed as well?
YES! There is not only a difference in speed of catches, but also the quality depending on the use of Basic Plus, Strength Plus, Distance Plus, or Performance Plus using A bait (personal testing, it may not be so for everyone but here is a reference point). Check out my notes below from Bass'ken Lake using A Bait:

UPDATED TO INCLUDE ANGELIC ROD STATS ON 6/22/108

Speed- Ranked 1 to 5 from fastest to slowest time per bucket (includes time to save and pick new bait pack)
1.) Strength Rod Plus - 5 min 38 sec
2.) Basic Rod Plus - 5 min 58 sec
3.) Angelic Rod - 6 min 1 sec
4.) Performance Rod Plus - 6 min 13 sec
5.) Distance Rod Plus - 6 min 54 sec

Quality- Ranked 1 to 5 from the best quality catches/most points to the lowest quality/points per bucket
1.) Angelic Rod - Easier to handle, wide lines, and I get larges and medium fish much more often. Also has way less empty casts.
2.) Performance Rod Plus - I get many more larges with this rod- usually one to three (or more sometimes) in every bucket with this rod
3.) Basic Rod Plus - Good quality catches, not as many larges but a few mediums
4.) Distance Rod Plus - Almost tied with Basic Plus except for there were more small catches
5.) Strength Rod Plus - It's quickest, but there are a lot of casts that yield no fish/bites and it mainly pulled up junk and small stuff for me, with the occasional medium

question If I sell my Angelic Rod before earning the Angelic Rod Plus, what will happen?
Submitted by user Leandra Solus- - I'll just quote Bria's Angelic Rod and Plus! for the answer: If you don't have a rod at the time of the weekly granting Logan will check your inventory every week until you have a rod in your account on the grant day and then he'll replace your regular Angelic with a Plus.

question After earning my 75,000 fish caught, when do I get the Angelic Rod granted?
I often heard Sunday, and this is true. I finished all my needed catches on a Friday, and received the grant Sunday morning when I logged on!

Submitted by user Leandra Solus- - There is a caveat to this, again quoting from Bria's thread although the issue has come up from time to time: When the script to grant the rods is run, it only checks for those who have fished during the current month.

ADDED 8/12/18 - Now, I'm proud to offer a peek at the Angelic Rod Plus!
User Image

Professional Genius

This sounds reasonable. I'm not sure how bait type comes into play though? I mean, I would use A bait because I'd want nice fish while doing this, but I don't think that should affect the time spent, especially not if we assume that the fisher doesn't miss any catches.

Storm's Waifu

Unstoppable Razer

37,265 Points
  • God of Spatulas 500
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Good luck, Roky!

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
zieLiz

I thought about bait type having to do with the speed of the fish (how larger fish pull heavier/quicker) so I wanted to make sure I included that just for sake of!

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
Razer
Good luck, Roky!

Thank you so much!

Fisher

zieLiz

I thought about bait type having to do with the speed of the fish (how larger fish pull heavier/quicker) so I wanted to make sure I included that just for sake of!
Bait type could also be a factor if the fisher was filtering, although it seems in my observation that many that are/were fishing towards an AR are not. emo

Leader

Very helpful thread, only if more people used to fish I guess smile !

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
Hrischan
Very helpful thread, only if more people used to fish I guess smile !

I am hoping this will encourage new Fishers, and even older members who just haven't gotten them yet, to join me in getting the AR!

lost cat 420's Fangirl

thank u Knife

22,825 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • thank u 0
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
This is a great thread! Thank you for sharing!

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
it amy
This is a great thread! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you so much 4laugh

28,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
Yeah, going now for the AR+, was hoping by this years end but not happening. Hope to by next years end anyway. Thanks for all the info. biggrin heart

Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
ozkur
Yeah, going now for the AR+, was hoping by this years end but not happening. Hope to by next years end anyway. Thanks for all the info. biggrin heart

I'm cheering you on to get your AR + by next year. How close are you to it? You're more than welcome, and this can be applied for even those who have the AR since + is just doubled!

28,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
ozkur

I'm cheering you on to get your AR + by next year. How close are you to it? You're more than welcome, and this can be applied for even those who have the AR since + is just doubled!
Let's see, I'm at 93,554...I try and do at least 5 buckets a day, sometimes more or less. Sometimes not at all... gonk It's a quest that will happen. Thanks again.

Naughty Shapeshifter

17,675 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Well that's a pretty rod i din't even know it was a thing, where do we see our fish count?

Apocalyptic Noob

dragothic
Well that's a pretty rod i din't even know it was a thing, where do we see our fish count?

On this page: http://www.gaiaonline.com/fishing you'll see it under "My Fishing Statistics". This includes junk and fish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff