Welcome to Gaia! ::

Excaliber002's Queen

Sparkly Hoarder

Ever since performing it in college, the end song of "Children of Eden", "In The Beginning" ALWAYS brings me to tears. It's a mix of that being my first college show (ahhh, nostalgia!) and the pure message of it always reduces me to a stupid pool of tears. A bunch of other songs from other musicals do too, but this one I can barely hear the opening chords of and I'm lost.

How about you guys? What song from a musical always tugs at the old heartstrings?

Lonely Puppy

10,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Edit: This song is not from a musical but a video game. just to clarify.

Hilarious Lunatic

Anime:
Vogel im Kafig (Attack on Titan)
With Your xxx... (Gurren Lagann) the piano version played on the last episode
Love Conservative (Gurren Lagann)
Here With You (Mirai Nikki)
I Am (Blue Exorcist)
That song from Blue Exorcist that Shiro died to
Reminiscence - Awakening Soul (Fairy Tail)
Selenic Soul (Soul Eater)
Brothers (Fullmetal Alchemist)
The Day the Sun Disappeared (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)
Crime of Innocence (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Sadness #1 (Sailor Moon)
I Want to Know (Kill la Kill)

Tatu - Don't Regret
Lena Katina - Never Forget
MCR - Early Sunsets Over Monroeville
MCR - Helena
MCR - Cancer
MCR - The Light Behind Your Eyes
MCR - Fake Your Death
30STM - A Modern Myth
30STM - Alibi
Linkin Park - My December
Linkin Park - Valentine's Day
A7x - Fiction

Chandelier

Invisible Phantom

5,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Contributor 150
Fullmetal Gurren Titan
Anime:
Vogel im Kafig (Attack on Titan)
With Your xxx... (Gurren Lagann) the piano version played on the last episode
Love Conservative (Gurren Lagann)
Here With You (Mirai Nikki)
I Am (Blue Exorcist)
That song from Blue Exorcist that Shiro died to
Reminiscence - Awakening Soul (Fairy Tail)
Selenic Soul (Soul Eater)
Brothers (Fullmetal Alchemist)
The Day the Sun Disappeared (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)
Crime of Innocence (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Sadness #1 (Sailor Moon)
I Want to Know (Kill la Kill)

Tatu - Don't Regret
Lena Katina - Never Forget
MCR - Early Sunsets Over Monroeville
MCR - Helena
MCR - Cancer
MCR - The Light Behind Your Eyes
MCR - Fake Your Death
30STM - A Modern Myth
30STM - Alibi
Linkin Park - My December
Linkin Park - Valentine's Day
A7x - Fiction

Chandelier

I don't know all of the songs on your list, but the songs by MCR that you listed make me cry every time, too. Early Sunsets Over Monroeville sent me into hysterics when I listened to it for the first time in years the other day in my car...

Eloquent Elocutionist

"Sunday" from Sunday In the Park With George. I bawl my eyes out every time I hear the chorus come to that gorgeous togetherness. And the music. And their voices. God, it's fricken heaven.

Here are some more:

-"Bring Him Home" from Les Mis (but oddly, only when Kristin Chenoweth sings it).
-"I Don't Need a Roof" and "How It Ends" from Big Fish. I actually refuse to listen to those songs because they KILL me.
-"You Learn to Live Without" from If/Then. I didn't care for the actual show but the cast recording is golden.
-"Angry Dance" (And all "The Letter" songs) from Billy Elliot. Not actual singing, but the emotion that damn kid POURS into that dance makes me sob. My best friend was actually embarrassed sitting next to me when we saw it.

I get super emotional over a lot of songs, but the ones listed above are the guarantee "get my tissues NOW" songs.

Excaliber002's Queen

Sparkly Hoarder

LoverOfMusicals
"Sunday" from Sunday In the Park With George. I bawl my eyes out every time I hear the chorus come to that gorgeous togetherness. And the music. And their voices. God, it's fricken heaven.

Here are some more:

-"Bring Him Home" from Les Mis (but oddly, only when Kristin Chenoweth sings it).
-"I Don't Need a Roof" and "How It Ends" from Big Fish. I actually refuse to listen to those songs because they KILL me.
-"You Learn to Live Without" from If/Then. I didn't care for the actual show but the cast recording is golden.
-"Angry Dance" (And all "The Letter" songs) from Billy Elliot. Not actual singing, but the emotion that damn kid POURS into that dance makes me sob. My best friend was actually embarrassed sitting next to me when we saw it.

I get super emotional over a lot of songs, but the ones listed above are the guarantee "get my tissues NOW" songs.

"Sunday" gets me so hard. Whether it's the cast or the Sondheim Concert, I always cry. It's the build, that soft crescendo. Heart wrenching!

"Bring Him Home" makes me giggle a bit when it's Colm singing it, but I could definitely see where Kristin's would get you! If we're going with a Les Mis song to make me cry, "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" gets me when Josh Groban or the young man who sang it the first tour I saw...goodness I don't remember who it was... sad
"I Hate You" from If/Then makes me cry. Especially the 'I love....I LOVED you. I lovED you!" part.
I have yet to check out Big Fish, but it's on my list smile
I'm sorry if you guys hate gaming soundtracks... haha... ; w ;
but here you go, these music are special to me because I used to listen to them with someone special, but that person is no longer by my side
Enjoy~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jczZRKZB30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snl67XsI6Is

Eloquent Elocutionist

Koneko Tsukino
LoverOfMusicals

Here are some more:

"Sunday" gets me so hard. Whether it's the cast or the Sondheim Concert, I always cry. It's the build, that soft crescendo. Heart wrenching!

"Bring Him Home" makes me giggle a bit when it's Colm singing it, but I could definitely see where Kristin's would get you! If we're going with a Les Mis song to make me cry, "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" gets me when Josh Groban or the young man who sang it the first tour I saw...goodness I don't remember who it was... sad
"I Hate You" from If/Then makes me cry. Especially the 'I love....I LOVED you. I lovED you!" part.
I have yet to check out Big Fish, but it's on my list smile

YES TO ALL. How could I forget "I Hate You"?! I never saw it on Broadway, but I saw it twice in DC for the previews and I just remember gripping my arm rest so I wouldn't start crying.

I have to check out Josh Groban singing Les Mis!

Beloved Fatcat

Butterfly Kisses always gets me...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas