Welcome to Gaia! ::

First off, let me know if I am posting in the wrong place and I'll be sure to rectify that.

My question is, who do I contact if I want to be a pixel artist for Gaia Online?

I've heard from numerous sources that they are "always hiring" but haven't come across a single shred of contact information to submit my resume and portfolio to. The one piece of information I came across was an outdated deviantART journal post where the email that was provided was no longer functional. I've contacted a few people who were previously employed but never heard back from them, and then very recently contacted a current employee... but unfortunately they knew as little information as I did because they were specifically reached out to for the job. Does anyone here have any idea?

I would very much appreciate the assistance. heart

Just for clarification, I have been to this page http://gaiainteractive.com/jobs/ and I'm pretty sure this only applies to corporate jobs, not freelance work like I'm seeking.

EDIT: I stated that I was looking for freelance work, but I would actually prefer something full-time. I only mentioned "freelance" because I was under the impression that was the only kind of work available to aspiring pixel artists.

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Princess_Sloth
First off, let me know if I am posting in the wrong place and I'll be sure to rectify that.

My question is, who do I contact if I want to be a pixel artist for Gaia Online?

I've heard from numerous sources that they are "always hiring" but haven't come across a single shred of contact information to submit my resume and portfolio to. The one piece of information I came across was an outdated deviantART journal post where the email that was provided was no longer functional. I've contacted a few people who were previously employed but never heard back from them, and then very recently contacted a current employee... but unfortunately they knew as little information as I did because they were specifically reached out to for the job. Does anyone here have any idea?

I would very much appreciate the assistance. heart

Just for clarification, I have been to this page http://gaiainteractive.com/jobs/ and I'm pretty sure this only applies to corporate jobs, not freelance work like I'm seeking.
The link you posted would be it
Other than that, there's not really a way to apply for artist type work
You could try and mention you're searching for freelance work, but usually they want to hire someone who will continuously make items/site graphics
If there is no way for one to apply, then how are artists hired if you don't mind me asking?

I am not looking for freelance work, per say. Full time work would be preferable but I was under the assumption that pixel artists aren't usually hired for full-time work but rather as a limited term employment

Shirtless Receiver

Good luck, Slothy!

Spoiled Pandahime

Princess_Sloth
If there is no way for one to apply, then how are artists hired if you don't mind me asking?

I am not looking for freelance work, per say. Full time work would be preferable but I was under the assumption that pixel artists aren't usually hired for full-time work but rather as a limited term employment
Through the link you sent is really the only way
And technically making items is pixel art, unless you mean pixels like the header gifs we have during events/rigs
spottedleef
Good luck, Slothy!

Thank you, sweetie heart
Through the link you sent is really the only way
And technically making items is pixel art, unless you mean pixels like the header gifs we have during events/rigs

I'm sorry, I'm just confused. You said "there's not really a way to apply for artist type work" but to apply, I have to use the link. I'll give it a shot though razz Thank you for your assistance (and patience)

Spoiled Pandahime

Princess_Sloth

I'm sorry, I'm just confused. You said "there's not really a way to apply for artist type work" but to apply, I have to use the link. I'll give it a shot though razz Thank you for your assistance (and patience)
I said "The link you posted would be it
Other than that, there's not really a way to apply for artist type work"
OTHER than the link, there's not really a way
Angels Alibi
Princess_Sloth

I said "The link you posted would be it
Other than that, there's not really a way to apply for artist type work"
OTHER than the link, there's not really a way

Ack. Sorry. I misread

Stellar Succubus

Current jobs would be listed on the site you posted though there are none listed, which means they're likely not hiring at present smile

Gaia will sometimes advertise that they are hiring, and in the past have done so on Gaia itself. Though it's much more likely to appear on that site only. I would suggest keeping your eye on that site, and on Gaia for updates on if/when they are hiring and how to apply.

You could also try talking with some of Gaia's existing artists and see if they can offer insight into the process ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff