Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you want Gaia to support Twloha????

Yes!! We need to help people D: 0.38028169014085 38.0% [ 27 ]
Yes <3 They helped me too, in any way. 0.084507042253521 8.5% [ 6 ]
No, let the emos die -.-' 0.53521126760563 53.5% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
1 2 >

Why doesn't gaia do a TWLOHA thingy?

I see things about fat cops or the kungfuu panda, and US Politics..

But we need something meaningful!!

TWLOHA is a nonprofit organization, reaching out too teens, or anyone basicly, in need of help.

Heres a link to their site: To Write Love On Her Arms

Here are some things from their Vision page:

Quote:
MISSION STATEMENT:

To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.

Quote:
VISION:

The vision is that we actually believe these things…

You were created to love and be loved. You were meant to live life in relationship with other people, to know and be known. You need to know that your story is important and that you're part of a bigger story. You need to know that your life matters.

We live in a difficult world, a broken world. My friend Byron is very smart - he says that life is hard for most people most of the time. We believe that everyone can relate to pain, that all of us live with questions, and all of us get stuck in moments. You need to know that you're not alone in the places you feel stuck.

We all wake to the human condition. We wake to mystery and beauty but also to tragedy and loss. Millions of people live with problems of pain. Millions of homes are filled with questions – moments and seasons and cycles that come as thieves and aim to stay. We know that pain is very real. It is our privilege to suggest that hope is real, and that help is real.

You need to know that rescue is possible, that freedom is possible, that God is still in the business of redemption. We're seeing it happen. We're seeing lives change as people get the help they need. People sitting across from a counselor for the first time. People stepping into treatment. In desperate moments, people calling a suicide hotline. We know that the first step to recovery is the hardest to take. We want to say here that it's worth it, that your life is worth fighting for, that it's possible to change.

Beyond treatment, we believe that community is essential, that people need other people, that we were never meant to do life alone.

The vision is that community and hope and help would replace secrets and silence.

The vision is people putting down guns and blades and bottles.

The vision is that we can reduce the suicide rate in America and around the world.

The vision is that we would learn what it means to love our friends, and that we would love ourselves enough to get the help we need.

The vision is better endings. The vision is the restoration of broken families and broken relationships. The vision is people finding life, finding freedom, finding love. The vision is graduation, a Super Bowl, a wedding, a child, a sunrise. The vision is people becoming incredible parents, people breaking cycles, making change.

The vision is the possibility that your best days are ahead.

The vision is the possibility that we're more loved than we'll ever know.

The vision is hope, and hope is real.

You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story.

I Myself am struggling with suicide and self-harm sweatdrop I always look to Twloha when I decide its time to surrender. TWLOHA's story alone gave me hope :]

So please, Gaia, atleast consider supporting this cause. Make Items maybe? An event would be lovely 3nodding

December 3rd was the most recent TWLOHA day. I participated in this one and the one before. TWLOHA day is where people write "Love" on their arms [preferable with pen or marker.. sweatdrop ] To show they support the cause.

So, Gaians, Let me hear what you think. mrgreen wahmbulance

Tipsy Prophet

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
I'm pretty sure that most of Gaia's sponsors approach them; Gaia doesn't always make the first move.

They're pretty good about not being biased, so I don't think that they would support this one particular cause over the hundreds of others unless they took a good amount of time and thought.
Link to this page:

User Image

Quote:
[ url=http:// www. gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/to-write-love-on-her-arms-please-read-do-not-ignore/t.45591761/ ][ IMG ]http:// i259.photobucket.com/ albums/hh313/Ill_Follow_You_Into_The_Dark/twloha_2201-1.jpg[ /IMG ][ /url ]

Remove spaces i dont know how to do a text box xD

Fronic's Wife

Shameless Werewolf

13,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Married 100
That's a good idea and I think Gaia should do something like that. But most of their advertisement is from people paying them to advertise.

It'd be nice if Gaia did something without making someone pay for it first...

Vicious Hellraiser

13,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
Gaia recently took a poll based on User feedback, asking them what kind of charity they would want Gaia to donate to ( human rights, enviromental, animal rights, etc. ). I don't know if this particular charity is on their to-do list, but they are planning on donating to some sort of charity in the future.
why arent they on here? sure having fat cops and pandas are fun but we need something worth caring about!

Lonely Pie-Maker

11,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
[ R ]
Gaia recently took a poll based on User feedback, asking them what kind of charity they would want Gaia to donate to ( human rights, enviromental, animal rights, etc. ). I don't know if this particular charity is on their to-do list, but they are planning on donating to some sort of charity in the future.
Cool. :3

I would like to see Gaia show some support for something like this as well.

Tenacious Nerd

18,800 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
Agreed, it would be good to see Gaia giving back to the community in a more official capacity. They give people space to advertise their favorite charities but it'd be good to see Gaia have it's own favorite charity - or a revolving charity. I'm always up for blood and bone marrow donors, myself!

Maybe con the people into cutting that cutting is more fun if they're hooked up with a blood mobile... xd

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

Eh, I don't know if Gaia would donate to something like this, let alone support it. Helping abused animals, sure. Helping run away's, maybe.Trying to help suicidal teens? That's a bit out of their reach.
.~Misty.Muffin~.
Eh, I don't know if Gaia would donate to something like this, let alone support it. Helping abused animals, sure. Helping run away's, maybe.Trying to help suicidal teens? That's a bit out of their reach.

I don't know if I truly believe that. Look at most of the people on this site, they are teens. If a site with a large teenage fan/user base provides support for this kind of charity and advertises it, think of all the good it could do for the teens that didn't even know that this charity existed. I participated in the last TWLOHA day, and so many people approached me and asked me what it was all about. Just think if Gaia did that.
Although I think it would be wonderful for Gaia to have an item, normally their sponsors pay them money, and since TWLOHA is a non-profit organization, I don't know if they would actually be able to pay.
However Gaia donating to this charity I believe would be fantastic.

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

I'd be up for supporting it. I think it would be a good idea, a lot of teens are on Gaia, and I'm sure there are plenty of them who could hear this message.

I moderate in the Life Issues forum usually, and unfortunately suicide and depression are common topics. Maybe this could lessen that?

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

Empress_of_Time
.~Misty.Muffin~.

I don't know if I truly believe that. Look at most of the people on this site, they are teens. If a site with a large teenage fan/user base provides support for this kind of charity and advertises it, think of all the good it could do for the teens that didn't even know that this charity existed. I participated in the last TWLOHA day, and so many people approached me and asked me what it was all about. Just think if Gaia did that.
Although I think it would be wonderful for Gaia to have an item, normally their sponsors pay them money, and since TWLOHA is a non-profit organization, I don't know if they would actually be able to pay.

So what if they're teens? I think the website should be looking more into charity's for the poor, or animals, or helping the soldiers. I'm not the kind of person that's like "oh, it's an emo's fault they're emo." I understand that things lead up to it like a bad life, and hardships. I just think with the largeness of the site, they can do so much more.
Bah, i'm against free items for charity events regardless. People should help because they want to, not for an item.

I think gaia donating to ANY charity would be awesome.

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Quote:

So what if they're teens? I think the website should be looking more into charity's for the poor, or animals, or helping the soldiers. I'm not the kind of person that's like "oh, it's an emo's fault they're emo." I understand that things lead up to it like a bad life, and hardships. I just think with the largeness of the site, they can do so much more.
Bah, i'm against free items for charity events regardless. People should help because they want to, not for an item.

I think a nice, simple item they could do for it would be a "Love on the arms" item. An item that puts the word "love" all over your arms, like a tattoo.

I do agree that I would maybe prefer a "help abused animals" charity rather than a teen suicide charity.. but honestly, what do animals have to do with Gaia? Gaia is ALL about the community, and a large portion of it's members are teenagers. I don't think it should be a huge blow-out or anything, but maybe a large sticky or something about it and one day dedicated to getting a simple item for it.

They were all about saving the planet, why not saving lives? <3
.~Misty.Muffin~.
Empress_of_Time
.~Misty.Muffin~.

Well, look at your examples. Supporting the troops? What about the users in Japan? They probably don't really care about the US troops in Iraq. Supporting animals, ok that's a good one and so is for the poor, but not everyone is an animal lover and some people think homeless and poor people are only hurting themselves.
TWLOHA is a wonderful charity, and I'm not saying that the others aren't, but at the same time you have to consider a 13 year old who is inflicting pain on themselves, are they really going to care about something such as helping an abused animal when they themselves might be abused?
I'm just saying that with a teen user base, you have to consider what most people would be willing to support, even if it is as simple as having an announcement telling you to write love on your arms that day. In that way, Gaia would be supporting the cause, and no money would have to be exchanged at all.
And I'm not necessarily saying that there should be an item, I'm just stating that if there was the possibility of getting an item, I think it would be a slim chance because non-profit organizations don't really have money to give Gaia for something like this.
I also agree that Gaia donating to anyone would be amazing (although it might cause some controversy over the cash shop and how Gaia is in the red), I'm just trying to point out something. 3nodding

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

Mizuiro
.~Misty.Muffin~.

I think a nice, simple item they could do for it would be a "Love on the arms" item. An item that puts the word "love" all over your arms, like a tattoo.

I do agree that I would maybe prefer a "help abused animals" charity rather than a teen suicide charity.. but honestly, what do animals have to do with Gaia? Gaia is ALL about the community, and a large portion of it's members are teenagers. I don't think it should be a huge blow-out or anything, but maybe a large sticky or something about it and one day dedicated to getting a simple item for it.

They were all about saving the planet, why not saving lives? <3

Yeah, but then many people would be doing it for the item, not to help. Some gaian's can be very greedy.

You have a point, and a large portion of gaian's are teens, and i'm sure most of them are, in fact, having trouble. A week ago I was having some issues myself, but they resolved with the help of some friends. Animals, however, suffer more without a whole lot of attention to it. Suicide among teens is a well known thing, but most people don't want those commercials on tv (or find them a hoax) and they don't watch those animal planet show (I don't either... they're so sad!).

Animals lives are important too, as are human lives. I hate to see people in trouble, but there's help out there for them. I've made it clear to every one of my friends that they can come to me for anything, and they do.
A lot of suicidal teens only think they have no one, when there's a large chance that they DO have someone.

Animals can't go out and ask for help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces