Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fortuitous Phantom

Pirinc
Hey There.
I've been a member since 2008, though my close cousin was a member longer than me
I admired her and wanted to have some sort of success
I was so excited to see my value peak at about 1.5mil
I leave gaia for awhile and come back to literal money printers

I never thought gaia would be the site to go this low.

I'm actually shocked but i find out there is new management and it clicks in my head and I should have seen this coming but it still feels kind of like a surreal experience.

User Image
Yeah, it's a bit of a shame that it has come to this. I just wish that it hadn't already gone past the point of no return.....

Kawaii Spirit

Kyasuri
When I get the time, I'm going to compile a list of all the threads asking for the discontinuation of gold generators. Maybe when Gaia sees how MANY of us are asking for them to stop, (and not only that, how many of us are outwardly writing posts to ask them to stop rather than just signing a petition) they'll stop.

Or am I just fooling myself again?

You are. They're never going to stop -- the GGs are here to stay. I'm sorry. sad

Sarcastic Prophet

This is glorious and you are amazing for having written that in such clear detail. Just... Beautiful. It's amazing how ignorant and apathetic some people on this site can be, gracious God.

Kyasuri
So I finally became fed up with users claiming Gaian's greed to be the sole reason for inflation and that Gaia could do nothing about it. I went in depth as to WHY Gaia is the cause of this hyperinflation, including sources from both users on Gaia and outside economic sources.

Please feel free to use this in your future endeavors of spreading the word!

Fortuitous Phantom

mayakko
Kyasuri
When I get the time, I'm going to compile a list of all the threads asking for the discontinuation of gold generators. Maybe when Gaia sees how MANY of us are asking for them to stop, (and not only that, how many of us are outwardly writing posts to ask them to stop rather than just signing a petition) they'll stop.

Or am I just fooling myself again?

You are. They're never going to stop -- the GGs are here to stay. I'm sorry. sad
one can dream rofl

blood grimar's Compadre

Shirtless Husband

8,275 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm just gunna buy gold shop items and never buy gc

Fortuitous Phantom

Ebania
This is glorious and you are amazing for having written that in such clear detail. Just... Beautiful. It's amazing how ignorant and apathetic some people on this site can be, gracious God.

Kyasuri
So I finally became fed up with users claiming Gaian's greed to be the sole reason for inflation and that Gaia could do nothing about it. I went in depth as to WHY Gaia is the cause of this hyperinflation, including sources from both users on Gaia and outside economic sources.

Please feel free to use this in your future endeavors of spreading the word!
Thank you! 4laugh I was ready for a war, too, but I guess I was so thorough that she didn't have an argument xd or she didn't care like you said. It really is amazing how little both Gaians and staff care about what's happening. Or that they're still arguing it's ALL the greedy gaians fault for inflation. I mean how ignorant can you be??? Arg, frustrates the crap outta me cause there are SO many sources out there they could look at to show em how stupid they are. I can only hope something will be done about it.....

Fortuitous Phantom

Pirinc
I'm just gunna buy gold shop items and never buy gc
I know of someone who is doing that. That's a pretty good idea.

Sarcastic Prophet

I've had several run-ins with that particular user before simply adding her to my ignored list out of sheer emotional exhaustion. You can lead a horse to water, you know what I mean?

People who blame Marketplace sellers for the inflation do not understand basic economics. It's that simple. Marketplace sellers are as responsible for the inflation problem as the guy who pumps your gas is responsible for the price you pay per gallon. If the prices they're asking for are ridiculous, the timer on their Marketplace listing will expire and the item will land in their inventory again; the prices are that high because people suddenly possess and are willing to spend that amount of money on a single item.

Kyasuri
Thank you! 4laugh I was ready for a war, too, but I guess I was so thorough that she didn't have an argument xd or she didn't care like you said. It really is amazing how little both Gaians and staff care about what's happening. Or that they're still arguing it's ALL the greedy gaians fault for inflation. I mean how ignorant can you be??? Arg, frustrates the crap outta me cause there are SO many sources out there they could look at to show em how stupid they are. I can only hope something will be done about it.....

Fortuitous Phantom

Ebania
I've had several run-ins with that particular user before simply adding her to my ignored list out of sheer emotional exhaustion. You can lead a horse to water, you know what I mean?

People who blame Marketplace sellers for the inflation do not understand basic economics. It's that simple. Marketplace sellers are as responsible for the inflation problem as the guy who pumps your gas is responsible for the price you pay per gallon. If the prices they're asking for are ridiculous, the timer on their Marketplace listing will expire and the item will land in their inventory again; the prices are that high because people suddenly possess and are willing to spend that amount of money on a single item.

Kyasuri
Really? Sounds like a good call, then. Yeah I getcha, and there're a LOT of horses out there too neutral the unfortunate thing is they all seem to make up the majority of gaias staff.

Exactly! It simple economics, but it's ALSO common sense. I mean come on, what the hell do you think is going to happen when there's suddenly more money without any substance? It's naive to think people would keep their prices the same after more money enters the markets (and it's not like they're consciously going "oh gee! There's more money on the market! I'm going to set a higher price for my item!" No. All the lower priced items are bought with only the higher prices remaining. aka pushing the price equilibrium upwards). It's not like it's brain surgery or anything roflmfao. A quick google search on any of this will yield a f#$@ ton of results. More than you'd ever want to go through. I honestly just think it's willing ignorance. They don't WANT to know so they can continue to believe what they wish to believe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff