Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
xx I met my fate xx
There's no guaranteed minimum on any item. You gambled and lost. Get over it and start buying items instead if you want actual profit.

Except when the items are so re-released or just plain suck that you still don't get your money's worth. I've been burned enough on items to not see them as safe, nothing is really.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
OtakuJeannie
xx I met my fate xx
There's no guaranteed minimum on any item. You gambled and lost. Get over it and start buying items instead if you want actual profit.

Except when the items are so re-released or just plain suck that you still don't get your money's worth. I've been burned enough on items to not see them as safe, nothing is really.

Buy an LQI, wait a week until it's sold out and sell it for huge profit. I guarantee you'll make more than you would with Gold Gens.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
xx I met my fate xx
OtakuJeannie
xx I met my fate xx

Buy an LQI, wait a week until it's sold out and sell it for huge profit. I guarantee you'll make more than you would with Gold Gens.

My experience with most LQIs has been the opposite. They start out really high (like 190b for Creme Peche), then drop to like 90b. Lost Alice was 99 GC and is still 5b. It was a few billions more than that when it was released. I held onto Standby Roundabouts for MONTHS and it never went beyond 20b until I sold mine. Even if it is 40b now and sold out, that's a dismal return when I could be investing gold in something else. I think Standby Roundabout came out over a year ago too.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Diosu
xx I met my fate xx
OtakuJeannie
xx I met my fate xx

My experience with most LQIs has been the opposite. They start out really high (like 190b for Creme Peche), then drop to like 90b. Lost Alice was 99 GC and is still 5b. It was a few billions more than that when it was released. I held onto Standby Roundabouts for MONTHS and it never went beyond 20b until I sold mine. Even if it is 40b now and sold out, that's a dismal return when I could be investing gold in something else. I think Standby Roundabout came out over a year ago too.

Then you bought the wrong ones or didn't wait. Either way, would you rather be guaranteed 90b or get anywhere from 5b - 100b but have it be more likely to be low?

Gold gens are the reason prices are so bad and the market is in such turmoil. Why add to that when there are easier ways to profit.

Hell, buy an item from the cash shop and sell it RIGHT THEN and you can profit a ton. It just means you have to buy the right item. Know Gaia trends, IE: If it's weeabootastic, frilly, or a fandom item it'll most likely do well etc.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
xx I met my fate xx
Diosu
xx I met my fate xx
OtakuJeannie
xx I met my fate xx

Then you bought the wrong ones or didn't wait. Either way, would you rather be guaranteed 90b or get anywhere from 5b - 100b but have it be more likely to be low?

Gold gens are the reason prices are so bad and the market is in such turmoil. Why add to that when there are easier ways to profit.

Hell, buy an item from the cash shop and sell it RIGHT THEN and you can profit a ton. It just means you have to buy the right item. Know Gaia trends, IE: If it's weeabootastic, frilly, or a fandom item it'll most likely do well etc.

Creme Peche is a Princess Peach item from Super Mario Bros. Standby Roundabout is a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure item. I'd classify those as both fandom but the peche is frilly and JoJo is "weeabootastic". The point of contention here is the timeline you gave, which is an increase in price after a week the item is sold out.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gaia screwing over it's users is nothing new. Personally I'm glad to see it is happening to those who gamble with gold gens. While their business practices are sleezy, it ain't changing anytime soon.

Menacing Explorer

i feel like the people affected by this just dont understand at all that their own actions affect the entire site and every single user? like. what gaia did was shady and pretty immoral but y'all are ruining the site/economy yourselves. idk. its hard to be empathetic when you never hit 100bil

Relentless Glitch

So they're really calling it a glitch, huh?

Edgy Trash

solfef
i feel like the people affected by this just dont understand at all that their own actions affect the entire site and every single user? like. what gaia did was shady and pretty immoral but y'all are ruining the site/economy yourselves. idk. its hard to be empathetic when you never hit 100bil

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While it is true that the blame can be placed both on Gaia and on the users who choose to continue buying these GGs, I can understand where those who bought said GGs are coming from.

It's very hard for people to make it on Gaia without putting cash into it somehow. Those who continue buying these GGs believe that these GGs will give them the best payout for what they paid for them. And you can't necessarily say that they should just buy CS items if they want to make gold, because the fact of the matter is, not all of the CS items will inflate like the Dragonslayer did.

It's a shitty situation for all parties involved, and while it's easy to tell those who buy GGs to simply stop buying them, it's not that easy when Gaia continues to provide them as a means to make quick gold if you have money to throw at the site.

Deadly Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
Dalia Royce
So they're really calling it a glitch, huh?

Take into consideration that barely anyone is in Gaia HQ on weekends and Holidays . Gaia tends not to fix problems in the weekends unless it is something that effects the whole site dramatically, like a DDoS attack. There have been other occasions when there's a glitch in the weekends and Gaia does nothing until the Monday or Tuesday.
solfef

Oh please, we're all playing on the same playground and others just have more of a resource available to them. Some, like myself and my sister, work and spend excess money as a form of entertainment. I can hardly claim empathy to those who cite sadness over not being able to afford a pixelated luxury item. And plenty of people who use GG or GC spread their wealth around to others as well. How do you think the site survives in the first place? Warm smiles of their userbase? California is expensive as hell, yo, and this site still has a place in my heart enough for me to support it with my wallet.

I understand fully the ramifications of my actions and the overreaching effect on this site. I just don't care because my actions as a person, online and offline, defines my ethics more than me spending a few bucks buying pixelated gold and not caring about a group of strangers who's so entrenched in a virtual economy that they'll attack spending habit's of other strangers.

I'm going to continue to buy GG if they offer the bigger gold/cash ratio. As far as I'm concern, my main priority on this site is to enjoy myself, not be some kind of virtual martyr for a random thirteen year old who's questing an angelic halo or some s**t.

Green Smoker

I am pleased that the issue was addressed. I will continue being a paying customer thanks to the way Gaia handled this with care & compassion. Thank you. heart

Nerdy Satan's Partner

Divine Faun

15,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • First step to fame 200
I only got 46mil x.x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash