Welcome to Gaia! ::

pepper-tea
Nikki Rydia
Recite Your Sins
Nikki Rydia
Recite Your Sins
Nikki Rydia
EXPLAIN TO ME how you (Gaia, artists, whatever) are going to help SHERBET from the inevitable fate of extinction?

In case it slipped your minds, Sherbet is needed to construct this ABOMINATION.

Hunny, re read the OP, they do plan on re releasing your dear Sherbert in future RIG's and other methods that have yet to be released yet >>''

I did read the OP, it only said Daily Chance and zOMG!

How are they to re-release Sherbet when it was a RIG item, that's what I'd like to know...

All RIG items have a chance of being won in future RIG items xP They have plenty of methods they can use to re release Sherbet, they just haven't clarified exactly which ones they plan on using, I guess that is something they are testing out and need feed back on right now.

However, they did say, FOR SURE, that they plan on re releasing these items. It's just a matter of when, and how now, and hopefully in a comfortable time range so Alchemy doesn't die out and lose it's luster >3>

Certain RIG items couldn't be re-released! (Like Lucky and Milk, I mean c'mon). I cannot confirm if Sherbet has been re-released before, but regardless it is a limited item (bought with cash), which is why I bring it up.

I don't particularly care for Alchemy, I will try it if I wish, but right now I am far too passionate about this certain item to pay it any mind.

Lucky, Milk are both still obtainable in the current CI, and have been obtainable in the monthly CIs since their release. Sherbet, if he isn't available in the current CI (I don't work on them so I can't say for certain) then he will be in future CIs, and/or be craftable. I can be certain about that because that is required of all items used in alchemy.

This is absolutely wonderful! I had absolutely no idea about this, so it's great to hear. Thank you thank you!

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I'm glad that devs have finally decided to respond but not being able to alter the already existing formulas because people have already worked on them? Seriously? Why does that sound like such a cop-out to me? It's these formulas with their ridiculous item amount requirements that are part of the reason why I'm worried about items disappearing in the first place. No one's going to scream at you if you make the item amount requirements a bit more reasonable.

Don't pull that "we can't change it 'cause users were already affected by it," nonsense. Please. Most Gaia Aquarium fish used to be cash only. Now we get some of them for gold, from the daily chance and we can even craft the things. (Let me remind you this is part of how originally users wanted this feature to be when they requested it.) I don't mean to sound like I'm hounding on you guys, and I really appreciate the answers, but I'm so sick of staff making excuses for why they can't do things how they originally should have been done in the first place. Sometimes I feel like things like this are done on purpose. It's very depressing lemme tell you.

I don't think you devs are realizing just how must you'll have to re-release things just to give people a chance at getting an item like a North Kitten Star when people need 10 of the things just to make one Kitten Star. You guys like making extra unnecessary work for yourselves and everyone else or what?
pepper-tea
Savaille
"How are we supposed to know when Gaia deems it "necessary" to re-release some of these cash shop items? When their average prices double/triple/etc for an extended period of time? When a certain recipe is no longer used because people refuse to pay MP prices for the ingredients? I'm honestly curious, because until Gaia releases more of the cs ingredients the prices will inflate as the supply dwindles.
Maybe a scheduled re-release date every so often would help with keeping the MP at least a little balanced?"

Sorry for the repost, but I figured it'd be better to do that rather than try to type up something coherent at this time of night.

I understand that there will be multiple ways to craft an item, but my concern stems from the fact that the MP stability of the component CS items will potentially be all over the place.

[ edit ]
Are they only going to be released through DC? Will this include things like the kitten stars or their alchemy components? :/

CI items are almost always still available in the current CI, especially the rare ones. You can still get kittenstars from Valefor Academy. And we re-release cash shop items all the time. Furthermore many of the rarer items that are being used in formulas are craftable as well. All kittenstar formulas are available, they just haven't been found yet.

A regular re-release of one or a few items sounds interesting. Do you feel that would be beneficial?
First off, thank you for replying and trying to answer peoples' questions, it's restoring at least a little faith in the "higher ups". And I'd like to apologize for the wall of text and any redundancy, orz.

I've heard that about the items being re-released, but I haven't played many CIs myself. Thanks for confirming that, but while it's a plus, I still doubt that it'll cover the amount of the items that would be taken out if large numbers of people started to use alchemy.
I'm possibly wrong here, but isn't the chance to get previous CI items from a current CI pretty small (smaller than in the CI they originated from), especially the rarer ones? If people start using (for example) 5 kitten stars a week and in that same time only 1 is being put back into the system, then there will be a point where that version of the recipe's useless and anyone who wanted a kitten star is pretty much sol because the extremely small supply will make it even more expensive and unattainable for most.

I'm glad to hear that it's possible to work up to the higher craft items, and I'm guessing a lot of this backlash is coming from a lot of the recipes not being out yet. I guess the (new) question is this: Will every item of limited quality involved in alchemy be able to be crafted at some point, the very bottom of the tiers being made with items that aren't of a finite amount? I know that's a pretty broad question, and I understand if you don't really have an answer for it presently.
A concern is that even though some limited items can be crafted at this moment, they require *other* limited items to do so. It's like a nasty cycle where, eventually, if things continue as-is, the supply will dry up. From what I've seen, the majority of Gaians don't have a problem with it taking time to level up their alchemy skill and putting effort into it, the problem comes from the fact (or idea, as it may be) that at some point there will be an even more minuscule amount of rare items than there already is, spiking the prices. If this happens then it just won't be worth it to make the new items and, as I said, anyone who wanted that original item will be screwed over.

/ to answer you /
If the answer to my above question is yes, then a re-release wouldn't be necessary because people could simply work their way up to the more prestigious items if they're willing to put in the time and gold.
If no, then I think regular re-releases in the CS could only do good once / if the feature takes off. Mind you, they probably shouldn't be like every month or the market could get flooded, but if people know that in x months the item will be released again they won't be as willing to pay artificially inflated MP prices, or at least if they did it would be because of their own impatience.

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
pepper-tea

Lucky, Milk are both still obtainable in the current CI, and have been obtainable in the monthly CIs since their release. Sherbet, if he isn't available in the current CI (I don't work on them so I can't say for certain) then he will be in future CIs, and/or be craftable. I can be certain about that because that is required of all items used in alchemy.
This is good to know, however I feel it still leaves the question of the "fail" items, it seems that by putting them in future CI's then our chances of getting the better items will be decreased...

I believe someone mentioned before a (possibly periodic) alchemy CI which gives out the base alchemy items that were available as items previously through cash purchases one way or another.

- This information is making me feel more comfortable about the feature, going to give it a few months to let it settle first though XD -

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Yeah, the term "hard-core" has been problematic, so let me see if this helps:

There are temporary shortages now, but over time plenty of components will be available for anyone that wants to advance in alchemy. (Note that there may be limited components for some of the formulas -- the Pie Hard formula is a limited run component -- but for the most part you'll find that the components for the majority of formulas will be available on an ongoing basis).

However, we have the feeling that only a small percentage of users will end up advancing very far in alchemy, since it takes real work to find out about the right formulas, gather the ingredients, so on and so forth. Many of these users will be hard-core -- not by virtue of cash spent or items amassed, but simply because it's only the most dedicated users that will bother to go to the effort.

We do tweak DC / giftboxes / probabilities on an ongoing basis to make sure that there is enough liquidity in the marketplace -- so if demand suddenly shot up we would be able to compensate.

Prusset
Currently the small amount of users interest in Alchemy can be attributed to the fact that this is all blowing over badly. What happens when interest increases? Do you want this feature to be accessible to all middle class Gaians? I know you've stated it's for "hard-core" Gaians, but even those who fit your definition of being a "hard-core" Gaian find the system inaccessible. Both rich and devoted find this feature flat out unusable.

If "Hard-core" Gaians are the ones who wish to participate in all facets of Gaia, shouldn't there be enough of the items used in formulas to support everyone who wants to try?

I know you said users determine prices, but Gaia determines availability. By keeping alchemy items rare, you're causing items to inflate because there isn't competition amongst many users to sell the item.

I guess my question is, how many people do you intend to allow to use this system? Everyone who's willing? Or the select elite with the funds?

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
I just had another thought, will alchemy items be granted from the overseer? Is this being done already as part of the "chance" things that already grant said items?

Perfectionist

I'm going to have to sign out for now... I have some work to do XD

I'm sorry if I couldn't clear everything up, but I'll check back later to (hopefully) clarify a bit more later!

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Alchemy items are already being granted from the overseer.
Solnya
I just had another thought, will alchemy items be granted from the overseer? Is this being done already as part of the "chance" things that already grant said items?

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
Panagrammic
Alchemy items are already being granted from the overseer.
Solnya
Ahh, I was curious about that since I haven't got any myself and had yet to hear from someone else that they had 3nodding Very good to know 3nodding

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Does the dumpster dive grant any items?

Nostalgic Spirit

78,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Old World Deity 500
Panagrammic
Yeah, the term "hard-core" has been problematic, so let me see if this helps:

There are temporary shortages now, but over time plenty of components will be available for anyone that wants to advance in alchemy. (Note that there may be limited components for some of the formulas -- the Pie Hard formula is a limited run component -- but for the most part you'll find that the components for the majority of formulas will be available on an ongoing basis).

However, we have the feeling that only a small percentage of users will end up advancing very far in alchemy, since it takes real work to find out about the right formulas, gather the ingredients, so on and so forth. Many of these users will be hard-core -- not by virtue of cash spent or items amassed, but simply because it's only the most dedicated users that will bother to go to the effort.

We do tweak DC / giftboxes / probabilities on an ongoing basis to make sure that there is enough liquidity in the marketplace -- so if demand suddenly shot up we would be able to compensate.

Might I suggest a poll? I think you guys might have underestimated how fun the feature seems to be. I'm itching to advance in the ranks, as are many people, it's goin' around like a rash. This urge to use this intriguing system that can be used as an alternate method of achieving the items we set our hearts on. I think it was mentioned that less than 100 users have gotten to level four? I bet my swanky pants that's not out of lack of interest.

Also, very quickly while I still have your attention! Will we also be getting a lending system? Or a new set of rules against Alchemy for others? As people have pointed out, there is a strong probability of scamming going on. A quick glance at the Alchemy forum will show you people are already offering their services. How does Gaia intend to make this safe for users?

Anxious Werewolf

Panagrammic
However, we have the feeling that only a small percentage of users will end up advancing very far in alchemy, since it takes real work to find out about the right formulas, gather the ingredients, so on and so forth. Many of these users will be hard-core -- not by virtue of time spent or items amassed, but simply because it's only the most dedicated users that will bother to go to the effort.

If it was for a small percentage of users, why bother making it at all?

I can't speak for others but I can say I would participate and put forth the effort if the goals were just a tad bit more realistic (Maybe not 5 or 10 of each item to craft something for starters). I really do love the idea, I'm just disappointed in the fine print.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Last answer from me tonight, as I'm exhausted, but let me try and talk to this issue:

The issue you describe is actually not specific to alchemy. Cash users are the only suppliers of any exclusive cash shop items.

Speaking very broadly, though, there will be enough items on the marketplace for anyone that is interested. (Basically, it's a self-regulating system; most cash users are buying items in order to sell on the marketplace, so they are trying to pick items that other users would like to buy from them.)

Let me give a concrete example that comes to mind: the zOMG gold potion. Some users were complaining about the price of the potion on the marketplace. Our message at that time was, "Wait a bit, the price will fall to about 100k," and about 3 or 4 days it actually fell below that price point, and there are always some on the marketplace now.

If I interpret your concern correctly, I think you are worried about a cartel situation, wherein the cash users decide to extort gold users for their components. However, there are enough sellers in the marketplace that this won't happen -- instead you'll see prices gradually drop.

Sinivar
I just honestly feel drained after hearing this. Cash users haven't just been given a tiny edge. They truly are our -only- suppliers of those components since we cannot receive a cash rooted item without something cash-rooted being removed or bought. And a RIG can't even be crafted without RIG components.

So how can these items be obtained by anyone else when the wells run dry who don't spend cash without being gouged by the monopoly and then be told that cash users aren't being favored with honeyed words?

I dunno...I'm tired and heavily disheartened and don't even know what to think anymore. I feel like if they had asked us if we wanted this set-up to begin with they would have gotten the resounding no, but now it's being declared as 'can't be changed' or 'has to be this way'. I do spend cash on this site, and quite a lot between myself and my husband. But I can't support it.

I thought this was supposed to be about dedication. Not wallets.

Good night everyone. Have a wonderful evening and sweet dreams should you be heading to bed soon.
Thank you for this. (And I'm glad it's going to be possible to craft components - eg, kitten stars! - so long as it's a little more realistic than some of the existing formulas. n n; )

Is there a possibility we might one day see a mining/digging/treasure-hunting game to get some of the alchemy components? A lot of them seem to be mineral based, and I've seen others beside myself love the idea of grubbing around looking for stuff (takes some of the frustration out of the luck element).

I've spent ages in the Pokemon underground. I think I'd be smitten if we had a Gaia equivalent. : D

Informer

Meromictic
Does the dumpster dive grant any items?

Yes :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items