Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moroboshist
Fix:
Take all cash items OUT.
Make all ingredients gold items.
Make the ingredients EXIST before putting them in a list.
Make a much more reasonable amount of items needed.

Problem solved.
Gold item ingredients = gold sink.
No cash items = everyone has a fair chance, and people who paid money for them won't feel cheated.
Ingredients existing = should be obvious.

The only thing I would add to this is
That as you level up to make the chance of creating a item better.
I highly agree with making all the ingredients gold items.

Generous Citizen

17,050 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
marshmallowcreampie

Most Gaians I know haven't even SEEN a "Thanks for supporting Gaia!" ad, let alone gotten one of the items from it.

As you said, Most gaians haven't seen this ad; and im going to admit it, its pretty much true, however there is one way you can, just one though, and don't get to excited...

Gaiacash...which we all know you have to purchase, with real money; correct? Now, after spending i beleive it's 249 of that Gcash you can disable the advertisement's on the site in some options, therefore replacing them with "Thanks for supporting Gaia!" ad's for 30 days :/

So in a nutshell, you got to spend real money to attain the items required to even beging thinking about using this alchemy feature. Such a beautiful waste of time and money while driving up inflation.

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Seeing as its a new feature, I'm not going to BAWWWW or be all "You suck" but I might join the bandwagon heh but please read before shooting. =P

1 Valefor academy rig recquires 10 evergreen brooms

I was just thinking wouldn't it be better to accommodate new and old users too?
Like you can't possibily think new users will have enough gold to buy 10 of those things,
even if they are loyal and purchase GC on a weekly basis (lets say)
they pay 1gc for the valefor and seem to recquire items from that rig to construct it

wouldn't it just make more sense to make it so that people can just buy some of the items via Gold shop or cash shop at fixed prices?

Maybe incorporate it more into mainsite
like have treasure hunting or bring back the old shop quests so you can get some of the ingredients?

Right now:
It just seems like the Market Place is going out of whack and alot of items I got for 5k(5k!!!)
are now around 200k (lawl)

I rather pay you cash for alchemy packs that contain ingredient's or something

Maybe have like rare items used for certain alchemy recipe's in CS?(Just a thought)

5dollars for level 5 ingredients
2.50dollars for level 1 -4

Just a suggestion heh

Conservative Member

One thing I think should be is the the success rate should be 100% always.

8,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
when will the ingredients be out?
or how can we get them? o.o

Generous Citizen

17,050 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
You have got to be kidding me, right!?

User Image

Visio Dei's Kouhai

Shirtless Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I don't understand where you get the ingredients :/ such as "Cherub Feather"
Where do you get that at? if it's not in the Market?
It's too complicated. Make it less complicated by allowing us to do everything in one window. Or at least most of everything, instead of having to go all over for each step.

It's a HUGE cash sink. Which is fine, but you seriously want us to buy 3 Angel Imp potions for 1 item on the first level or use three Valefor brooms to make one Valefor? That's asking alot...and makes me cringe to think what later levels will cost!

What about hard to find items, or combining rare items from ZOMG, and fish, and things all over Gaia that you don't have to BUY with gold or cash but can get on your own? This might make things a bit more balanced.

I know, "it's a work in progress", and a wonderful idea, I might add, but it just seems to be focused more on bilking us for our gold, and less about utilizing Gaia for fun. Those who "Want it now!" will sink their gold either way...please try to placate the rest of us? :p

BTW, what is a cherub feather and where do you get them?

Shameless Citizen

10,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I hate this system ... why oh why did you think using old RIG items would be a good idea. I was at first excited about this, but my excitement was dashed in a moment when I found that it cost so much money to make any of the items.

talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand
All and all, I love the idea of using common items and ingredients to make more valuable and rare items, but with that is following ungodly inflation in the marketplace.
Suggestion

Take the items out of the recepies except for very common ones or other alchemy items constructed. This inflation is too big a problem to let that continue...

Genius

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I was actually looking forward to this, till it actually came out. I mean are you guys serious? This thing is ridiculous, The items/ingredients needed to make a certain item are more then the item were actually making! MARKETPLACE. Couldn't you atleast think of that slightly while creating this? THIS SUCKS a** ITS COMPLETE BULLSHIT. lol you fail bro, fail.

Butterfly Prince

Reposting this from my thread in the Alchemy forums.

----

So, currently, the alchemy system, quite frankly, sucks.

The problem lies in that the alchemy system was originally designed to allow users to get rid of items they DON'T want.

What Gaia is asking us to part with, however, are items that have been obtained through RIGs and ingredients that are hard to come by.

What I'm proposing is the following.

Level 1 Recipes: Gold shop items + more common formula items.

Level 2 Recipes: Gold shop items + less common formula items.

Level 3 Recipes: Gold shop items + Uncommon formula items.

Level 4-8 Recipes: Items made from 1-3 recipes + rare formula items.

Level 9-10 recipes: Items made from 6-8 recipes + super rare formula items.

This way, a user can enter Alchemy most comfortably, then work their way up the tree in a true fashion. Instead of parting with items that have been artificially inflated, they instead part with items they have created in earlier stages for ever increasing rewards with ever decreasing odds and increasing gold costs.

Thus, the gold sink remains in purchased items and store bought ingredients/recipes and failed crafts whilst the system is more accessible to users who have just joined, users who have been here a long time and users who wish to jump right in.

Things will still take a great deal of time (Gathering the alchemical ingredients) whilst the items would pave the way for a more reasonable and accessible system.

Elder

Here's one thing (among countless other things already mentioned by others) that I truly dislike. I seriously do not want to have to keep re-posting this in hopes that it is seen, so I do hope that someone is actually reading these posts and taking notes.

Crafting a formula takes the FIRST item ingredient if you have multiple.

For example, the started formula. Aspiring Alchemist. It required an Ocean Summer Top. I had two: one was acquired years and years ago, and was located higher up in my inventory list, the other was acquired more recently through Daily Chance, and was therefore much further down in my inventory. I crafted the Aspiring Alchemist and checked my inventory. The OLDER top is gone, while the newer top is still there.

This does not sit well with me. A lot of my items have specific sentimental value. If I have to purchase an item in order to craft something, I do not want to lose my original item in the process. Yes, they are simply pixels, however, they are pixels that mean something to me. Will I be forced to move my items back and forth in and out of storage each time I have to purchase a duplicate in order to craft something?

I'd rather wash my hands entirely of this ridiculous farce.
OrrinTheDarkpaladin
One thing I think should be is the the success rate should be 100% always.
I'd like that but It's not true to the concept of alchemy. Or at least I don't think it is. alchemy seems more like a trial or error thing. Something that needs experience to understand. Which is I suggested the Lv system. As your Lv gets higher so does your success rate.

Aoreena's Compadre

Dapper Grabber

13,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I know I am just going to be saying the same issues others have already pointed out but, I would just like to mention that I really do not like the fact that the cheapest formula has an ingredient priced at 150k. I realize that most gaians are richer now than they used to be since the gaia cash system came out, but not every gaian is able to use such means to get richer quicker (Myself included).

I have been on this site for going on 7 years now and I love it, but, I find it hard to purchase any items nowadays as inflation has been steadily going out of control. This alchemy idea, though very VERY cool, is just not worth it. Why would we want to make say, an angel imp potion that would end up costing 5xs more than it would to just by the potion? Perhaps, there should be easier items to obtain, like how the Vampire event was set up that one year where we all bought flowers from Edmund for 1 gold. :3

Make the ingredients for lesser items cheaper, and then for rarer items keep to the same flow and make the ingredients for those formulas more expensive.

I love Gaia, but more and more now it seems to me like I am expected to have millions of gold to be able to do anything fun on the site. This alchemy bit frustrates me, but, all in all, I think it is a very nice idea that just needs to be handled a different way. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff