Ignore 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 55 ]
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I started a guild, The Lucario Guild Reborn, and I noticed some problems with it. I want to give some feedback about these problems.

1. Whenever a new topic is created (except an announcement) in either the main or sub forums, it gives no notice in our feeds of this. I find that hard for the members to understand what's going on and members' posts to be unnoticed.

2. I'm the Owner/Captain of the guild and I find this weird; whenever a person sends a join request it doesn't notify me directly but I either have to go to the forum or go to the moderator panel. Could this be fixed?

3. Whenever a topic is created in the sub forum the icon (that looks like a piece of paper) does not turn the yellow color to show that there is a new topic in the sub forum. I can only gain notice that there is a new topic in the sub forums by the recent thread section of the guild homepage.

4. Could guilds gain the same functions as forums? Videos cannot be linked with the youtube button. Also threads cannot be subscribed to. Could you please check into these?

5. When editing the guild settings, it does not show the regular B, I, Quote, Code, Color, etc. Could this be included in the moderator settings.

6. I've started posting links on the homepage to link to popular threads, and I have another suggestion. Could we have the option to customize the boxes on the right side of the page so popular or special threads could be found faster? This would also make like the forum's Hot Topics but instead with guilds.

7.(idea of other member) Could the tip jars be included into guilds? This may also be an easy way for those to donate to contests or giveaways. Some members would love to tip, especially to those who: write stories, do art, etc.

I thought this would be more reasonable than the ultimate guild update, and wouldn't force the guilds with a low account balance to go bankrupt.

I hope I was not too harsh with this feedback, but I think if these are fixed it would be easier to maintain guilds. I hope for your feedback and also hope a fix to these problems.

TehOpheliac's Princess

Generous Muse

16,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Millionaire 200
I wish you luck on trying to get staff to update guilds. These would all be incredibly useful features.

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
milkykittentea
I wish you luck on trying to get staff to update guilds. These would all be incredibly useful features.

Wind-up Waffles

More than Inventory Arranger, I would love to see Guilds spruced up. These would be great features.

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
If the guilds were also more open to html and code, they would probably be as popular as the forums. If guilds could change the background of their forums, That would be interesting as well (although if Gaia did this, it probably would be guild only)

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
They've said in previous AtS that updating the Guilds is one of their priorities. One of those AtS was actually a response to my question about the Guilds being on the app.

I think for a few of your suggestions that was why guild announcements were created. To notify members of different things that are going on.

And as far as requests go, if you go to the Guild Home you can see them there. I own a guild too but I agree. If members get the little flag for guild requests we should also.

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm reviving this :3

Aged Lunatic

Zancuno
If the guilds were also more open to html and code, they would probably be as popular as the forums. If guilds could change the background of their forums, That would be interesting as well (although if Gaia did this, it probably would be guild only)

There will never be an allowance of HTML, no more than the forums or even profiles, it opens too many paths to abuse, BBCode supplements the most important HTML features most people would use for forum posts. Though customizing certain elements could be done through CSS like the classic custom profiles system.

As for updates to the guilds model, it'd be nice, but seeing as the main guy who created the entire guilds sub-set of the forum's old code hasn't been employed with Gaia in a while it seems, prob gonna take a while before they put anyone else in there with the effort to improve it, I mean their interests fall with things that can make money, Guilds don't (so long as they don't start charging GC to use them anyways).

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I had sent a ticket to the Gaia Staff with these issues and I got a reply. Their solution was to come back here. sweatdrop (which we most likely are ignored)

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
We've been told that they won't update the guilds because if they were to update the guilds they'd have to remove all the guilds and thus the forums in those guilds.

So until they can find a way around deleting the guilds they won't be updating them.

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
phoebe-chan
We've been told that they won't update the guilds because if they were to update the guilds they'd have to remove all the guilds and thus the forums in those guilds.

So until they can find a way around deleting the guilds they won't be updating them.
That makes no sense because they could just edit the design. It's code, it can always be tweaked. They don't have to replace the whole system, they could do like they did with the aquariums or how they fix forums. I don't understand why they can't do it without removing guilds sweatdrop

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Zancuno
phoebe-chan

That makes no sense because the could just edit the design. It's code, it can always be tweaked. The don't have to replace the whole system, they could do like they did with the aquariums or how they fix forums. I don't understand why they can't do it without removing guilds sweatdrop

The coding for the guilds is crazy old. Like I think it's the original coding from 03' or 04' and I don't think anyone remembers the old coding. At least that's what we've been told about other things when it comes to old coding.

I don't think the forums have been updated in years as well. At least the last time I remember the forums being updated was when Gaia added the blue line that's in between each post. And that was a good couple of years ago. I remember how people got pissed about it as well lol.

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
phoebe-chan
Zancuno
phoebe-chan

That makes no sense because the could just edit the design. It's code, it can always be tweaked. The don't have to replace the whole system, they could do like they did with the aquariums or how they fix forums. I don't understand why they can't do it without removing guilds sweatdrop

The coding for the guilds is crazy old. Like I think it's the original coding from 03' or 04' and I don't think anyone remembers the old coding. At least that's what we've been told about other things when it comes to old coding.

I don't think the forums have been updated in years as well. At least the last time I remember the forums being updated was when Gaia added the blue line that's in between each post. And that was a good couple of years ago. I remember how people got pissed about it as well lol.
XD but the Staff does have access to the code. The box that we type in to post is just a fancy version of a textarea with added hotlink boxes that insert the code when pressed. The B, I,, etc are just hotlinks that run a copy and paste insert. The emoticons are per-registered code that activates by the combinations of characters. The code box cancels the activation of code and decorates it in a way that it pops out. The code can always be edited. The only reason they would remove the guilds, would be to do a total recall on their design. Now I sound like some genius when I have only minor education on this sweatdrop

Aged Lunatic

phoebe-chan

Not quite that old, I believe the last major guilds overhaul by darknrgy was around 07, but it is still effectively a fork of the very old custom phpBB2 rewrite the site was made up from as far as I'm still aware.

Zancuno
XD but the Staff does have access to the code. The box that we type in to post is just a fancy version of a textarea with added hotlink boxes that insert the code when pressed. The B, I,, etc are just hotlinks that run a copy and paste insert. The emoticons are per-registered code that activates by the combinations of characters. The code box cancels the activation of code and decorates it in a way that it pops out. The code can always be edited. The only reason they would remove the guilds, would be to do a total recall on their design. Now I sound like some genius when I have only minor education on this sweatdrop

Technically developers have access to the code, not staff entirely. As for the textarea, it's something most forums have, it's not really special, but you're looking at from the client perspective, you need to keep in mind there's an entire BBCode parser on the backend which converts the nifty BBCode into actual formatted HTML for browsers to render.

As for updating/upgrading guilds, I agree, their excuse for why they aren't is kinda bull, it's their code and there's no logical reason they can't write their own exporting tool to carry data over to whatever new format they choose, Gaia just likes to make excuses to cover why things aren't being updated or continued (such as the really poor excuse of "We couldn't fix a security vulnerability for 3 months" to why zOMG got shut down).

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Synapt
phoebe-chan

Not quite that old, I believe the last major guilds overhaul by darknrgy was around 07, but it is still effectively a fork of the very old custom phpBB2 rewrite the site was made up from as far as I'm still aware.

Zancuno

Technically developers have access to the code, not staff entirely. As for the textarea, it's something most forums have, it's not really special, but you're looking at from the client perspective, you need to keep in mind there's an entire BBCode parser on the backend which converts the nifty BBCode into actual formatted HTML for browsers to render.

As for updating/upgrading guilds, I agree, their excuse for why they aren't is kinda bull, it's their code and there's no logical reason they can't write their own exporting tool to carry data over to whatever new format they choose, Gaia just likes to make excuses to cover why things aren't being updated or continued (such as the really poor excuse of "We couldn't fix a security vulnerability for 3 months" to why zOMG got shut down).
I agree there is no reason why they can't do it and 0.0 I learned something new

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces