Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you celebrate a Gaian Mardi Gras?

Yes 0.74698795180723 74.7% [ 124 ]
No 0.12650602409639 12.7% [ 21 ]
Poll whore 0.12650602409639 12.7% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 166 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I know it's to late this year but next year could Gaia celebrate Mardi Gras? It just seems like a perfect fit for Gaia. The booty grab game could drop Purple, Green and Gold Dubloons there could be a game where you can catch Purple, Green and Gold strings of beads thrown by the NPC's that could you could wear or turn in for better Mardi Gras prizes. You could have Masks and Mardi Gras theme cloths and items in the shops. Pluse there could be a total party blowout on Fat Tuesday that would be a blast! biggrin

The ideas so far:

Fat Tuesday in 2010 is the 16th of February so combining Mardi Gras with Valentines day could make it a super love fest party week it could be the perfect time for a Gaia Mardi Gras / Valentines day bash!!!

The booty grab game could drop Purple, Green and Gold Dubloons.

a game where you can catch Purple, Green and Gold strings of beads thrown by the NPC's that could you could wear or turn in for better Mardi Gras prizes.

Masks and Mardi Gras theme cloths and items in the shops.

A forum event Purple, Green and Gold strings of beads are thrown/exchanged, Kinda like the Valentines day event where you kissed people in the forums. For Mardi Gras there would be a little "flash me" button under avatars in the forums and you have to "flash" to get beads that you can cash in for bigger prizes or keep and wear.

sensor bars for our chests.

Join the krews for the 4 towns of Gaia.

Purple, Green and Gold skin dye.

Gaia could give out king cakes that you could check for the baby and the ones that got it would get something really special, like the vestments Mardi Gras Krew King and to really make it something special have only 1 King per town krew not you are the Mardi Gras King for compleating a quest. 1 Barton Town Krew King, 1 Durem Krew King, 1 Aekea Krew King and 1 Isle De Gambino Krew King.

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200
we should get sensor bars for our chests!

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

Only if they set it that you only get beads if you're not wearing a shirt. lol
We should get pancake-themed items along with it. smile

I'd die for a 'You are pancake' pose.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

User Image
The only reason why I could not see this happening is that Marti Gras, Fat Tuesday, ect, is technically a religious holiday. If it was on the federal holidays list, I don't think it would be as big an issue.

But seriously, I'd love to see a marti gras event.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Maybe if they did an "event aquarium" tank for that.

What I wanna know is this... why do people ask for this kind of stuff at the last minute? Why not start asking in January for them to at least give us colored beads?

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200
Slick Southpaw
User Image
The only reason why I could not see this happening is that Marti Gras, Fat Tuesday, ect, is technically a religious holiday. If it was on the federal holidays list, I don't think it would be as big an issue.

we've had easter events... and there's christmas every year

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Eviesee645
Slick Southpaw
User Image

Easter and Christmas have been commercialized to smithereens and they're FEDERAL HOLIDAYS.Huge difference.
3nodding
Lord Elwrind
What I wanna know is this... why do people ask for this kind of stuff at the last minute? Why not start asking in January for them to at least give us colored beads?

Since fat Tuesday has come and gone, I thought giving Gaia a year to think about it would be enough time. redface

Sparkly Noob

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
Eviesee645
Slick Southpaw
User Image

Halloween is technicaly a religious holiday

Sparkly Noob

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
Slick Southpaw
Eviesee645
Slick Southpaw
User Image

Easter and Christmas have been commercialized to smithereens and they're FEDERAL HOLIDAYS.Huge difference.
3nodding

So madi Gras isn't commercialized?
Mardi Gras? Could be fun!
Slick Southpaw
User Image

Considering the stuff that happens at Mardi Gras each year ( Beer + ( . )( . ) = beads ) I think the religious aspects of it can be over looked. smile

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Snow Jedi
Lord Elwrind

Since fat Tuesday has come and gone, I thought giving Gaia a year to think about it would be enough time. redface

The same situation last year with that kind of thinking. You have to start a couple months or so early and keep the request thread up and active. Is more likely to be taken seriously.

Given the fact that the beads can be used at any other time for any other occasion as well as...
Slick Southpaw
User Image

So is christmas, but we celebrate that. Mardi Gras has turned into a secular holiday.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff