Welcome to Gaia! ::

You just got a free wish! quick, before it expires!

I wish my perfect imaginary lover was real. 0.31707317073171 31.7% [ 13 ]
I wish to end world hunger. 0.21951219512195 22.0% [ 9 ]
I wish for the angels to take me up to heaven. 0.073170731707317 7.3% [ 3 ]
I wish I were rich and famous 0.21951219512195 22.0% [ 9 ]
I wish time would stand still for just a little while. 0.1219512195122 12.2% [ 5 ]
I wish for the world to end. 0.048780487804878 4.9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 91 92 93 > >>

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
MAGICAL GIRL ROLEPLAYING THREAD

1.What are the rules?
In this instance we will be using the 'Magical Burst' system. if you are already familiar with this system feel free to skip to the next part. If not, this pdf will contain all the information you'll need. Basically it's an indie magical girl roleplaying game (duh) which was heavily influenced by madoka, black rock shooter and the like.

2. Submitting a character
PM me your character and I'll publish it in my next post - 'Player Characters'.
How you format your submission does not matter, as long as you contain all the relevant information that the 'creating a magical girl' chapter is talking about - except relationships, see next section. It is strongly recommended to add some sort of bio.
Currently the game is closed, sorry. I will reopen if I think I can manage more players than I do now.

3. Initiating relationships
When we start to play (see next section) we will start taking turns adding relationships as described in the rulebook by posting it on this thread. I will add those relationships in my 'Player Characters' post.

4. Playing
We will start to play at October 6 08:00 AM October 10 17:00 GMT undefined time ATM. It doesn't mean I won't accept applications after this date, but i felt it was important to unify the starting point for relationship creation purposes.
We will play by sessions- each weekday, 17:00-19:00 GMT monday and tursday 15:00- 17:00 GMT. you can still post outside of this time slot, but don't expect swift reaction.
To play simply post your actions. make sure to roll dice if you do anything that requires a roll - there is a dice roller at 'post actions'. its right there bellow the 'post style'. try replying and you will see it.

5. Npcs and locations
as I won't be the only one to set scenes, I also won't be the only one to create new locations and npcs. any new relevant npc (and i don't mean meaningless people who happen to sit next to you in a cafe) as well as any location you explored/ adventured in will be add by me to the relevant posts.
Furthermore, you may create new locations and people any time you feel like, just remember that I as the GM will have the final say in that matter.

Lets play! razz

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PLAYER CHARACTERS

gaia_angelleft Player: LiaThistle gaia_angelright

Name: Laurana "Laurie" Edison (14)
Magical alias: Miracle Knight Laurie

Short description:
Lovestruck

Contract origin:
Using Magic for real is a dream come true!

Wish:
I wish the fighting would end.

***MAGICAL***
Element: Spirit
Effect: Magic Shield (At any time you can take a point of Overcharge (to any attribute) to add +3 to your defensive attribute or that of another magical girl against one attack. You cannot use this multiple times against a single attack.)

Power: Telekinesis
Effect: Magic Strike (When rolling damage, you can take an additional point of Overcharged on the attribute you used for the attack to inflict an additional 1d6 damage. You can only do this once per attack, and not on attacks against multiple targets.)

Weapon: Flintlock

Costume:
pieces -
main component/style - wedding dress
sub-components/styles - nurse, star

The basic style is an short dress, with the chest area resembling a cosplay nurse uniform. The veil is held by a nurse's hat, though instead of a cross, there's a star. The back of her gloves also have a star, as do the outside tops of her boots.

***Attributes***
Normal:
aggro - 6
cool - 3
Social - 5
sharp - 7

Magical:
Magic gaia_star - 6 overcharge: 3
heart heart - 8 overcharge: 4
Fury evil - 4 overcharge: 0

Resolve (HP) 7/18
Experience (XP) 3

Finishing attack
Name: Power of Pure Love
Attribute: Heart
Effect: Piercing attack: Your attack can pierce through enemies, ignoring any special defenses they might have. This attack does an additional +1d6 damage, and ignores any special protection.

***Relationships***

Crystal Abbot heart
Jim Edison twisted
Rose Vered heart -1
Beth Forchild heart

Crisis:
I'm hopelessly attracted to someone I probably shouldn't be.

gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright

gaia_angelleft Player: dah fuzzinator of dewm! gaia_angelright

Name: Angela Farlow (13)
Magical alias: The Sketch princess Angela
FALLEN

Short description:
Non-hero

Contract origin:
I don't remember why I became a magical girl, but I know exactly what I'm going to wish for

Wish:
I wish I had my memory back.

***MAGICAL***
Element: Fear
Effect: Healing Touch: Take one point of Overcharge (to any attribute) to restore 1d6+2 points of Resolve to yourself or another magical girl. Can only be used twice per battle or other scene.

Power: True writing
Effect: Magic Boost: Get one free Overcharge die per battle in one particular attribute.

Weapon: Short spear

Costume:
pieces -
Costume main body: Dress, Heart
Costume sub components: Tiara, slippers.

***Attributes***
Normal:
aggro - 5
cool - 6
Social - 3
sharp - 7

Magical:
Magic gaia_star - 8 overcharge: 9
heart heart - 4 overcharge: 2
Fury evil - 6 overcharge: 4

Resolve (HP) 14/18
Experience (XP) 3

Finishing attack
Name: Sheer ink attack
Attribute: Magic
Effect: Barrage Attack: Your attack generates a barrage of small shots of some kind. This lets you attack every enemy in the immediate area with a normal attack, or attack one target twice.

***Relationships***
Maternal Grandparents heart
Rose Vered heart
Crystal Abbot heart
Dr. Jane Reddington twisted
Magdeline Farlow heart
Hino Nanami heart

Crisis:
I woke up with no memory, and everyone around me has been worried.

gaia_angelleft Player: LegallyBlindGamer gaia_angelright

Name: Hino Nanami (13)
Magical alias: Saint Melody Precious Nanami

Short description:
Bookworm

Contract origin:
I want to be the heroine who saves everyone.

Wish:
I wish I could be popular.

***MAGICAL***
Element: Air
Effect: Healing Touch: Take one point of Overcharge (to any attribute) to restore 1d6+2 points of Resolve to yourself or another magical girl. Can only be used twice per battle or other scene

Power: Transit Timing
Description: Your magic lets you bend reality just a little to have buses, trains, and taxis show up at just the right time.
Effect: Double Action: Once per scene you can take two points of Overcharge (to any one attribute) to act twice on your turn.

Weapon: Magic Staff

Costume:
When in her Magical Girl form, Nanami wears a skin-tight jumpsuit bearing a pattern that looks like how animators draw gusts of wind. She also wars a long, flowing red scarf reminiscent of Hiryu from the manga and video game series Strider. This scarf also has the wind pattern for consistency.

***Attributes***
Normal:
aggro - 3
cool - 7
Social - 5
sharp - 6

Magical:
Magic gaia_star - 3 overcharge: 2
heart heart - 8 overcharge: 4
Fury evil - 7

Resolve (HP) 10/18

Finishing attack
Name: Hyper Magic Cyclone
Attribute: Heart
Effect: Piercing Attack: Your attack can pierce through enemies, ignoring any special defenses they might have. This at-tack does an additional +1d6 damage, and ignores any special protection.

***Relationships***

Ryoji Nanami heart
Jim Edison heart
Angela Farlow gaia_star
Kaori Saijyou gaia_star
Tohru Morooka twisted

Crisis:
I just had to move away from the only home I've ever known.

Bio: Hino Nanami was born into a lower middle class family in Japan, with whom she lived happily for many years. When her father was transferred from his position at the local retail franchise to a new location that opened up in Camelean, Nanami was devastated to learn that she couldn't just stay in her hometown where she felt safe and had all of her friends Making friends was very difficult for Nanami because she was socially awkward, and got extremely nervous around new people.

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
Bump dramallama

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
All comments, suggestions and corrections will be welcomed.

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
NPCs

gaia_nitemareleft Charlamange gaia_nitemareright

Charalamange is the tsukaime in charge of this town. It looks like a toy knight in copper armor and with a fluffy mario-ish mustach, and it's attitude towards the magical girls and the magical candidates is quite friendly.

It tells magical candidates about the monsters that stalk the city at night (and day as well) and offer them the opportunity to fight - with a fitting reward.

When asked about it's own agenda ('why do you care if those monsters prosper?') it will simply reply that you don't need reason to fight against darkness.

When asked about it's origin, it might tell you about it's life as a squire. It will ignore any attempt to refer to it as a living toy and it seems it sees itself as a human.

despite all that, it can't comprehend normal human values and sees magical girls as odd for having them.

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright

Youma encountered:

Ghost train
rode trough sky of dusk. was a fierce but quick fight. used ambush tactics and left the girls with fury overcharge radiation.

Mundanes:

Crystal Abbot
She and Laurana have been in school together since elementary, though not always in the same class, but have recently been reunited for what passes as Honors English. They (and a few others who aren't as key to Laurie) get together in a study group whenever they feel panicky about an upcoming test or essay.
Crystal and Angela have met in a classic musical that crystal parents forced her to go to when she was young. despite their opposites, or perhaps because of them, those two started hanging out more and more, each compensates for the other shortcomings.
heart relation with Laurana.
heart relation with Angela.

Bat Spellman Farrow
Angela's Grandfather on her mother side.
brewery worker. smells like beer, but bums around town when he's not at work.
heart relation with angela.

Rose Vered
46, local book store owner.
since angela is an introvented girl, her ending up in books is to be expected, and she established a connection with the seasoned bookshop owner, who even let her browse some of the more rare and exotic books in her store- the ones kept for special costumers.
Is a mother figure for Laurana
heart relation with angela
heart relation with Laurana

Elizabeth forchild
Elizabeth forchild is a HUGH occult fanatic- but less in a 'geeky' sense and more in a 'death metal' sense. her fashion sense is derived of that aspect in her personality.
she is one of Laurana and crystal classmates.
heart relation with Laurana

Jim Edison
Jim Edison is Laurie's younger brother, by two years. He's recently entered the second pure brat stage (usually called "puberty" ), and she's sick of his antics towards her and her friends. To make matters worse, she found he's taken over where she used to hide her own secret stuff. She also perceives him as the parental favorite (which Crystal doubts the truth of), and she resents how easy it is for him to push her buttons. Despite this, she still feels obligated to protect him, since he's family, but wishes he would grow up to be at least as nice as the guys she goes to school with (well...the ones that are nice). This doesn't stop her from acting out against him, and she regularly suffers the brunt of the punishment.
Often plays the computer when he is supposed to be doing homework.
twisted relation with Laurie
heart relationship with Hino.

Dr. Jane Reddington
Dr. Jane Reddington is a psychiatrist. She was introduced to Angela Farlow when her patient Mr. Farlow dragged her in for an assessment. Angela seemed to be under the impression her grandfather was a stranger even though Mr. Farlow brought a birth certificate for Angela and him.
She has agreed to set up Angela with an age appropriate psychiatrist, which ticked off Angela. She decided to set up an single appointment with Angela, which somehow became really intense for the two and left them both agitated. There was something about Angela that just ticked Jane off.
Angela feels belittled by the doctor's behavior to her, as she thinks the doc only in it for the money. She knows who Benjamin kyle is, and she worries that her amnesia is permanent.
twisted relation with angela

Magdeline "Megan" Farlow
Magdeline "Megan" Farlow is a supervisor for a telecom job out of town. She had Angela out of wedlock, so she decided to leave Angela with her parents and move out to a big city.
She misses her daughter, and usually tries to compensate for her absess with gifts. Megan and Angela are trying to figure out how skype works, but they talk over the phone on a byweekly basis
heart relation with angela

Ryoji Nanami
Ryoji was transferred to the newly opened Naju franchise in Camelean by the CEO of Naju Corporation himself. This transfer was also a promotion, as Ryoji was only an assistant manager before being transferred. Hino appreciates her dad's accomplishments, but somewhat resents him as well for dragging her away from the only home she'd ever known.
heart relationship with Hino.

Kaori Saijyou (27)
Kaori is a miko from Hino's hometown. On the day hino was born, Kaori had a divination that revealed that Hino will play a key part in a crisis that the world is facing, and she started hanging around her household to prepare for the coming disaster. Hino's family, while at first was skeptic of her odd permonation, was soon captivated by her earnest personality. So while still doubting a crisis is coming, Hino's parents embraced Kaori into the family.
She came on her own accord when she heard Hino is moving to a new country, and has arranged herself an apartment close to Hino's new accommodations.
gaia_star bond with Hino Nanami.

Tohru Morooka
Ryoji Nanami's personal assistant, Tohru is a very serious man who onlyu thinks about Ryoji's financial success. To this end, he sees Hino as nothing but a distraction, although he is willing to spend time with her as part of his job. Likewise, Hino wishes her father didn't need Tohru, but appreciates his company when he isn't being a jerk.
twisted relationship with Hino Nanami.

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
Locations

Camelean
Camelean is a large city with a rich history and is the place where our story starts. it has 2 walls separating it into a 3 circles, relics from time long past. the inner city is where the nobles used to live, but now it is mostly in ruins expect some places like the royal castle which have been kept first to accommodate rulers, and with the rise of democracy it become simply a sign of former glory, and later it's simply there to drew in tourists. many of the ruins in the inner city have been cleared to make place for modern buildings, which usually ware mansions as it became quite popular among rich people to live in that part of the city.
The mid city used to be the slums in the old days. almost nothing remains except sewer entrances and graveyards from those times; but it is full of structures that TRY to look old, alongside many industrial facilities. It is said that an ancient criminal syndicate has it's base somewhere here.
The outer city is where most residential and commercial places are, and you could see just from the way the blocks are arranged that this part was designed in the more modern era- if the building style and roads weren't clue enough. It's abundance of gardens and greenery is what separate it from most other modern cities.
The arindail river runs trough the middle and outer parts, and there are also rumors that the castle have a secret underground path to it, tough such path hadn't been made public yet.

Train Station of the disaster 50 years ago
Located on the outskirts of Camelean.
An old and abandoned place due to the disaster that befall upon it. Now this place in a heaven for criminal activities, from petty vandalism and loitering to drug dealing and slave trafficking.
Even without the criminal aura, this place , who is filled with diseases of all sizes and color should be avoided by any life seeking citizen, and indeed it is.
In addition to all those earthly debuffs, there is a rumor that something unnatural stalks the area... something soulless and merciless, a memento of the accident 50 years ago; That something keep claiming lives, tough mostly those lives belongs to criminals and scums, so no one really gives a demn. It's better than the police in that regard, because it doesn't care for a person right for a lawyer; Still, many innocent people have disappeared in the area over the years,, and not all of them can be attributed to armed robbery gone wrong, slave merchants kidnapping or drug overuse.
This place definitely needs some cleaning.

Naju
Naju is a popular chain of department stores worldwide. It has everything from electronics and home appliances to restaurant quality meals. Some people condemn Naju for destroying local businesses, but others defend the company by pointing out that local businesses from around the world act as suppliers through the Naju Partner Program. Since the announcement of a Naju store opening in Camelean, people had been dreading and eagerly anticipating its grand opening. Naju's food court is now a popular hang-out for Camelean's youth whenever they aren't at home or in school.
submitted by LegallyBlindGamer

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
Session 0 starts

It's 17:00 GMT Now, it's time to set up relationships.

feel free to make new npc or connect yourself to an npc that is connected to other
don't make your second connection before everyone else made thier first

but i'm just stating the obvious biggrin

Dedcadent Pants

Okay, I have an idea for who Laurie fell in love with. Should I PM that? I'm not sure it would constitute a relationship, because I'm not leaning toward it benefitting her.

I'm leaning towards her first relationship being Crystal Abbot. They've been in school together since elementary, though not always in the same class, but have recently been reunited for what passes as Honors English. They (and a few others who aren't as key to Laurie) get together in a study group whenever they feel panicky about an upcoming test or essay.

Edit: and I go and forget to post an attribute. This one's Heart.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Angela would have a good relationship with her grandfather. Her mother tried to work with a long distance job, so I think she would live with her grandparents for a while. At least for some time before her amnesia hit her.

I'll assign a heart attribute relation with him. And they will be relatives. He and his wife are Angela's grandparents on her mother's side.

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
A bond is mutual. if you have a bond based on love, it has to be that the other party is also inlove with you. if that's the case, than you have your first bond.

Dedcadent Pants

Ah, sorry, I meant for her crisis. Largely a semantic issue (my mistake; it's attraction, not love), but it still remains that it is genuinely going to be a problem.

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
bond between Laurie and npc beth heart
classmates (they sit right next to each other) and friends

since elementary, beth always ended up sitting right next (or left next, or right behind, or just in-front) to Laurana wich led to friendship.

Elizabeth forchild is a HUGH occult fanatic- but less in a 'geeky' sense and more in a 'death metal' sense. her fashion sense is derived of that aspect in her personality.

let me apologize for not being more active before- my aunt and her 6yo kid just came for my b-day- 1 month too early. ugh, family.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
You have my sympathies. 3nodding

Also, Elizabeth sounds like an adorable NPC. whee

Interesting Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
yes, lia, please PM me that info. sorry i got a little bit confused sweatdrop
let me get back to pace

first round relations:

Laurana heart Crystal Abbot
Angela heart grandfather

and i would retract my first relation since it's to close to what lia just posted.

instead, I'll put a heart connection between angela and rose vered (46, f) who is a local book store owner. since angela is an introvented girl, her ending up in books is to be expected, and she established a connection with the seasoned bookshop owner, who even let her browse some of the more rare and exotic books in her store- the ones kept for special costumers.

so angela heart rose vered

would the first round results ok with all?

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Looks good to me!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers