Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I used to be pretty messed up due to a lot of really bad choices I made to drugs and alcohol. My brother and I were playing Homecoming on Green Day: Rock Band and the lyrics “I haven’t drank or smoked nothing in over twenty-two days” really spoke to me at this point in my life. I had tickets to see Green Day in Madison, WI on Feb 2nd, 2013 but due to Billie Joe needing to go to rehab and the tour getting cancelled, my ticket money was refunded. I was planning to get my Green Day tattoo the day I was meant to see them in concert. But I challenged myself first. The challenge for me was to be sober for twenty-two days before receiving my tattoo. January 11 to February 1 is twenty-two days, making February 2 the “over twenty-two days” mark. Billie Joe was my inspiration to be sober and stay clean, and I have been since January 11, 2013. I got my tattoo on February 2, which I designed and it incorporates the albums American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown, ¡UNO!, ¡DOS!, and ¡TRÉ! Billie Joe Armstrong saved my life.

User Image

Daredevil

Finally, a reasonable "[insert band here] saved me" post.

Gesithan's Bae

Witty Ladykiller

10,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Timely Contributor 100
Freyabelle5
I used to be pretty messed up due to a lot of really bad choices I made to drugs and alcohol. My brother and I were playing Homecoming on Green Day: Rock Band and the lyrics “I haven’t drank or smoked nothing in over twenty-two days” really spoke to me at this point in my life. I had tickets to see Green Day in Madison, WI on Feb 2nd, 2013 but due to Billie Joe needing to go to rehab and the tour getting cancelled, my ticket money was refunded. I was planning to get my Green Day tattoo the day I was meant to see them in concert. But I challenged myself first. The challenge for me was to be sober for twenty-two days before receiving my tattoo. January 11 to February 1 is twenty-two days, making February 2 the “over twenty-two days” mark. Billie Joe was my inspiration to be sober and stay clean, and I have been since January 11, 2013. I got my tattoo on February 2, which I designed and it incorporates the albums American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown, ¡UNO!, ¡DOS!, and ¡TRÉ! Billie Joe Armstrong saved my life.

User Image
I got the grenade too, after similar circumstances~ Mine's on my ribs though. 2 hours of pain, totally worth it.
you saved yourself, you deserve the credit.

Hilarious Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
asahi-and-ramen
you saved yourself, you deserve the credit.

Those first 22 days was a tribute to Billie Joe. The rest of it has been for me. I feel like a rockstar for how far I've come in these past 22 months biggrin
I love your story so much. Green Day saved my life, too. They are the biggest inspiration to me. Billie Joe means so much to me. If it was not for him, I would not be who I am today. I may not even be here today.

Let me show you my Green Day tattoos.

User Image

I also have another tattoo booked to get on my ribs/under my boob, the lyrics "I'm destined for anything at all". That line in Waiting has already screamed out to me.

Hilarious Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
SPAstronaut
I love your story so much. Green Day saved my life, too. They are the biggest inspiration to me. Billie Joe means so much to me. If it was not for him, I would not be who I am today. I may not even be here today.

User Image

I also have another tattoo booked to get on my ribs/under my boob, the lyrics "I'm destined for anything at all". That line in Waiting has already screamed out to me.

I love everything about this post. Will you please be my new best friend!?
Freyabelle5
SPAstronaut

User Image

Of course! And when I said that line in Waiting has 'already' screamed out to me, I meant 'always', haha, stupid auto correct..

Now let's be best friends. I need one of those in my life.

Hilarious Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
SPAstronaut
Freyabelle5
SPAstronaut

User Image

Of course! And when I said that line in Waiting has 'already' screamed out to me, I meant 'always', haha, stupid auto correct..

I think my favorite line from any song would be "Remember to learn to forget" from Before the Lobotomy.
Freyabelle5
SPAstronaut
Freyabelle5
SPAstronaut

User Image

I think my favorite line from any song would be "Remember to learn to forget" from Before the Lobotomy.

They have so many lyrics that are so inspiring. I just love them so much. How can something be so perfect.

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
SPAstronaut

love the blue rose and lyrics tattoo! heart
QueerxCore
SPAstronaut

love the blue rose and lyrics tattoo! heart

Thank you very much (:!

Seeker