Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you enjoying American Beauty/American Psycho?

Yes 0.19512195121951 19.5% [ 8 ]
No 0.1219512195122 12.2% [ 5 ]
It's alright... 0.24390243902439 24.4% [ 10 ]
I hate it... 0.073170731707317 7.3% [ 3 ]
I love it!!! 0.36585365853659 36.6% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
1 2 >

Distinct Browser

9,725 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
So did anyone notice that Fall Out Boy just released all their new songs from their new album, American Beauty/American Psycho, online today? I wasn't really sure what to expect from this album as they have stated multiple times that it wasn't going to be like their usual stuff and that they were experimenting with their sound, but overall, I am really enjoying what I am hearing. What do you guys think of AB/AP so far?

Shirtless Fairy

11,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Feral Genius

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Lol. Fall Out Boy was always horrible. Can't even believe they're worse now. Just my opinion though.

Sorry, couldn't help but point out that FOB is prooooooobably not Punk.

Generous Gaian

9,450 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Friendly 100
I love Fall Out Boy; I probably always will.
Their new abum (AB/AP) is one of my favorites. Since their album Save Rock and Roll, FOB has been my favorite band. ♥

Distinct Browser

9,725 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
JoanAlt
Their new abum (AB/AP) is one of my favorites. Since their album Save Rock and Roll, FOB has been my favorite band. ♥

I love their new album too! I'm definitely liking that it sounds more modern, but you can still hear their old sound throughout the album. smile I'm really glad that their comeback worked out. You don't really see that happen too often with bands that disappear for a few years. They've always been a favorite band of mine, and I am so glad that they came back when they did, as it was right when my other favorite band, MCR, broke up. It was perfect timing. Have you seen FOB live? I went last summer and it was a fun concert. Going to see them again this summer! biggrin

Generous Gaian

9,450 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Friendly 100
Samofthedead
JoanAlt

I love their new album too! I'm definitely liking that it sounds more modern, but you can still hear their old sound throughout the album. smile I'm really glad that their comeback worked out. You don't really see that happen too often with bands that disappear for a few years. They've always been a favorite band of mine, and I am so glad that they came back when they did, as it was right when my other favorite band, MCR, broke up. It was perfect timing. Have you seen FOB live? I went last summer and it was a fun concert. Going to see them again this summer! biggrin

I haven't seen them live yet. They came here in our country 2 years ago (August 2013) but I was broke then so I didn't get to see them. crying Now, I'm checking their tour schedule frequently, just to check if they're planning on visiting the Philippines again. Still waiting patiently! I know you're going to have lots of fun! I'm a bit envious. biggrin

Distinct Browser

9,725 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
JoanAlt
Samofthedead
JoanAlt

I haven't seen them live yet. They came here in our country 2 years ago (August 2013) but I was broke then so I didn't get to see them. crying Now, I'm checking their tour schedule frequently, just to check if they're planning on visiting the Philippines again. Still waiting patiently! I know you're going to have lots of fun! I'm a bit envious. biggrin

Oh man, I really hope they come back to your country soon! With the new album out, I am sure they will eventually. I had to wait about 7 years to go see them. The one time they came to my area, I had the flu and couldn't get the tickets anyways in the end. Then they went on hiatus, and I thought I would never see them again. So when I saw that they were going to be 4 hours from my house, I was like, "we are totally going!". This year they are only going to be an hour away, so that should be easier to get to. A lot of people here said they weren't going b/c of Wiz Khalifa. My concert doesn't have Wiz for some reason, but I would have gone anyways. FOB was a lot of fun last year, so it should be good this time. I really hope they come back to your country soon!! The waiting for them to come back around can be a killer! But I am sure they will soon with the AB/AP album out! They just announced a Europe tour today, so I would expect they are expanding it further eventually.

Lupine Genius

I hate it. This is their first album that I haven't liked and I'm extremely disappointed. I've been listening to them since 2006, and everything else more recent was definitely different, but at least it was still good...

Toxic Fatcat

Samofthedead
So did anyone notice that Fall Out Boy just released all their new songs from their new album, American Beauty/American Psycho, online today? I wasn't really sure what to expect from this album as they have stated multiple times that it wasn't going to be like their usual stuff and that they were experimenting with their sound, but overall, I am really enjoying what I am hearing. What do you guys think of AB/AP so far?

At first I wasn't sure if I loved it or not... But I've grown to love it. I have been a huge fan since they came out, and this was the first album that I honestly had to just take at face value. It isn't as rock and roll as they used to try to be, so it's extremely different. But damn. I could never stop loving those boys, even when it's an album I don't like as much, I still spend all day listening to it and singing along, That's their gift after all. No matter what they do they are lovable, and they do what they think is best and they say what they want. They are just the greatest! heart

Distinct Browser

9,725 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
TheStillPrettyMadHatter
At first I wasn't sure if I loved it or not... But I've grown to love it. I have been a huge fan since they came out, and this was the first album that I honestly had to just take at face value. It isn't as rock and roll as they used to try to be, so it's extremely different. But damn. I could never stop loving those boys, even when it's an album I don't like as much, I still spend all day listening to it and singing along, That's their gift after all. No matter what they do they are lovable, and they do what they think is best and they say what they want. They are just the greatest! heart

For me, some of the songs took some getting used to, but like you, I ended up singing along to them and now I like them. I do miss their old sound at times, but I'm excited for whatever they come up with because they always put everything they have into it. I didn't like Folie A Deux at all really when it first came out, but during their hiatus I gave it another chance and now it is my favorite album of theirs. I'm just glad that they're back making music and at the perfect time. I'm still not over the fact that MCR broke up, so I was glad that FOB came back right at that time.

Toxic Fatcat

Samofthedead
TheStillPrettyMadHatter

For me, some of the songs took some getting used to, but like you, I ended up singing along to them and now I like them. I do miss their old sound at times, but I'm excited for whatever they come up with because they always put everything they have into it. I didn't like Folie A Deux at all really when it first came out, but during their hiatus I gave it another chance and now it is my favorite album of theirs. I'm just glad that they're back making music and at the perfect time. I'm still not over the fact that MCR broke up, so I was glad that FOB came back right at that time.

For sure. Fall Out Boy just has a way! heart I instantly loved Folie a Deux, but there was a song or two from it and save rock and roll that I couldn't get into right away, they have been adding rap influenced bits into their songs for the last three albums and I couldn't get into those songs until now...I just needed to do a little opening up, and once I opened up I realized they're just as great as they always were heart

Distinct Browser

9,725 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
TheStillPrettyMadHatter
Samofthedead
TheStillPrettyMadHatter

For sure. Fall Out Boy just has a way! heart I instantly loved Folie a Deux, but there was a song or two from it and save rock and roll that I couldn't get into right away, they have been adding rap influenced bits into their songs for the last three albums and I couldn't get into those songs until now...I just needed to do a little opening up, and once I opened up I realized they're just as great as they always were heart

Exactly! It seems even if you don't like their song at first, if you liked any of their previous songs, eventually you will like their new stuff! smile Panic! At The Disco's new stuff has taken much longer for me to get used to.

Toxic Fatcat

Samofthedead
TheStillPrettyMadHatter
Samofthedead
TheStillPrettyMadHatter

Exactly! It seems even if you don't like their song at first, if you liked any of their previous songs, eventually you will like their new stuff! smile Panic! At The Disco's new stuff has taken much longer for me to get used to.

I agree entirely. I love both bands to death too. But nowadays I have to force myself to sit throught the full album before I judge it, and only after am I satisfied.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff